Http://metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

Another Metroid 2 Remake came out ~4 PM EST yesterday. It's pretty goddamned good and the download link is in the subject. Before any shitslinging starts about muh 1:1 accuracy, the game received a Zero Mission-like treatment and incorporates Super Metroid powers (Speed Booster, Power Bombs, etc), the ability to turn on and off parts of your suit at your leisure after obtaining powerups, combined beams, ledge grabbing and walljumps, and so on. It's not a sheer graphical remake of the original game, and in any case the original Metroid 2 was kinda crap.

Torizo's a cunt. I wasn't expecting the jetpack.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/twotimingpete
youtube.com/watch?v=LXEl2Agbwcc
gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=QdeAcQBp-eA
twitter.com/MetroidDatabase/status/762432458641936388
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
torrentfreak.com/nintendo-takes-down-fan-made-metroid-2-remake-160808/
millernash.com/brian-t-sniffer
archive.is/gDdS6
LinkedIn.com/bsniffen
archive.is/gkuOK
twitter.com/Brian_T_Sniffen
archive.is/yNFWS
millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen
archive.is/p2AUA),
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=58310148
i.imgur.com/rgGkmWs.png
spit.mixtape.moe/view/qr/d18f1369
spit.mixtape.moe/view/d18f1369
m.millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen/
twitter.com/MetroidDatabase/status/762737283908956160
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/p/am2r-downloads.html
metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/p/am2r-downloads.html
volafile.io/get/Ti66PXvrw65MEw/Anthony's Mindfuck - 2nd Revision.rar
mega.nz/#!skshTI6D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now that's how a smart fan game does it. Should have just went with a magnet link but people are too retarded for that probably.

its pretty fun, but the fucking alpha metroids fly too low.

Samus is a strong independant xer pronoun individual who would never pose like that

The small metroids you hunt seem to get faster

Samus a sexy

Alpha metroids do seem to have a disconcerting tendency to stay low to the ground when left to their own devices, I assume it's to try to encourage you to jump around so you can goad them into the air again and then shoot a missle into them. Missiles that strike them head-on from the side have a roughly 50/50 chance of being considered an underbelly hit and doing damage and sometimes they'll swerve into the path of your missile rather than out of it.

I was supposed to get the Varia suit before it I would guess. Also pro tip is that it seems to be most effective to try crouching to beat the flying buggers as you are more likely to hit their belly and get off several hits in a row.

does anyone have a 100% map to help with secret areas?

i think i left some supers behind and i would love to have at least 6 of them right now.

Im going to copy paste what i posted in the other thread:

Some guys were talking about some invicibility glitch when you get one of the suits, like samus sprite dissapears from the screen did this happen to you guys?

I'm at 95% I just can't find the last items

One thing I didn't like about the game is the artificial gating of progress by having to completely kill all the metroids before the lava recedes and opens up a new area.

I've seen a map of the original games so I assume that it does not in the original but that's unfortunate because I feel like I should be able to go anywhere at any time if I'm good enough. It also feels weird that the lava "disappears" quite conveniently from the frequent earthquakes.

I also got the impression that chozo feel like space pirates in this game, just because of the style of the ruins as well as the genetic research they were apparently doing. I had always assumed they were like a benevolent meditative race that just kind of disappeared

Got the gravity suit yet? Does it gives that invicibility glitch? Im just enjoying the game a lot and don´t want to get dissapointed with a glitch that makes it unplayable plus waiting for a patch could take a while If Nintendo doesn´t sue the guy up first, etc
Thanks in advance

shit

Wasn't a problem for me
Maybe try disabling it in the suit menu? It persists even between saving and loading?

Oh i didn´t reach it yet but i was reading comments on the official page/blog and 2 guys were reporting that, good to know it doesn´t happen to everyone thanks

Can you take the suit off, like in Zero mission?

Having to kill all the Metroids to progress was in the original version. It's actually the point of the game. Samus is tasked with annihilating the entire species on their home planet because they're too dangerous to let live.

Someone tell me how the fuck to get past these bubble walls. I've tried everything, explored all the map that I can, and now I have no idea what to do.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

The one room on the entire map that I hadn't searched had the ice beam.

Fuck me.

Ha. Looks like I'm stuck after you find the Spazer Beam. Only way out seems to be a tunnel that requires powerbombs, but I donät have them.

Can they be found in the same area (the one with all the destroyable sand) or am I fucked.

Is anyone else experiencing a slowdown in their games?
Every so often the game seems to shit the bed, but when I pause and then resume it goes back to normal. It's a pretty minor thing to bitch about, but it does ruin the mood when I'm having a blast.

No, but I'm experiencing not being able to use directional keys. I can't even get to the options menu or select another difficulty.
Played it just fine yesterday on another computer.

Mine really chugs whenever the window is deselected. Usually when Windows gives me a notification, I've only got to click the screen again to get it back to normal though.

Yes, but my computer is a literal toaster that can't run anything past 2007.

Thought I might give a picture if it helps anyone give me a clue.

You dont need to go past that wall. There's just a super bomb expansion behind it.

Head back to the entrance of that area, in the vertical shaft with all the flying guys. The shaft's bottom can be blown up with a super missile.

see dick for instructions

you know what to do.

It could have been way way worse

The second I ask for help and realise I didn't have to speedrun through the left, there was bombhole on the floor fuck me

You know, there is one thing in Super Metroid that has been vexing me for years. The bubble room in Norfair.

I don't mean how to get through it, but what the fuck is it? WTF is it supposed to BE? What is it made of? Is it really just a room made up hard as concrete bubbles for no raisin?

Everything else I can tell is supposed to be volcanic style rock or an ancient buried temple or what not, but this room.. I've never had my autism flair up so badly.

it looks dope as hell so shut the fuck up

Don't know if it's a glitch or what, but in this room I defeated the gamma Metroid already, yet the map keeps blinking and saying it's still there.

Just imagine it's the compacted and hardened remains of thousands of eggs cooked by the volcanic heat.

Or it's glass beads (like obsidian but not black-ish in colour bceause that wouldn't work with the colour palette) because Norfair is after all some kind of volcano thing.

Hahaha forget it, seems like I accidentally set a marker on the map. Jesus I'm stupid-

plz no bully.

That is the best answer I've ever gotten.

Samus you have to eat ALL the Metroids eggs!

AS A FRIENDLY HEADS UP FOR ANYONE TRYING TO FAP

OP'S PIC IS RARE AS SHIT. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS PICTURE ALMOST AS LONG AS I'VE HAD MY PENIS. THANK YOU OP.

ALLOW TO ME THE OPPORTUNITY OF FAPPING IN YOUR HONOR, OP.

OK?

OK

But it's not my husbando Ridley ;__;

I played the game a bunch this morning but after a 10 year wait I'm bummed. The game really burns out quickly when you're facing the same boss over and over again. I must be getting quite close to the end at this point. The flying chozo statue fight was a high point but now we're back to the shitty bosses again of which there are more than ever. Kind of reminds me of RE3 except there at least you can just avoid fighting Nem.

It is in the original game. It's the only objective samus has in the game. Kill every metroid in existence on the planet. I think it'd be pretty shit to get to the end of the game only to realize that you missed a metroid somewhere in the earlier levels.

you replied to the wrong user.

also, new techs

I played a bit, and while I like it, it feels like I'm finding upgrades all willy nilly. I ran into only one obstacle I couldn't clear so far. Does it get more complex, or did I just luck out picking directions ?

I've only played Metroid Prime 3 some long years ago.
The games look very rad though, is Metroid worth it?
Is it worth playing through all from the beginning?

Maybe play Zero Mission instead of the original Metroid.

Is it a remake or something?

yeah, the two games aged like milk were metroid 1 and 2, and now we have zero mission and am2r to play in their place.

i play the entire series every year, already finished zero mission, super and almost finishing this one, probably going to play fusion next.

Play the 2D games first, in this order.

Metroid: Zero Mission (re-imagining of the original that gave us pic related)
A2MR
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

Then play the Prime games in their numbered order. Skip Other M. And if you like pinball at all check out Metroid Prime Pinball on 3DS. It's awesome.

Thank you kindly, both of you.

Yes. The original hasn't aged well.

Zero Mission is a remake of the original Metroid yeah. But it's not a 1:1 remake, added some new upgrades and some area changes. And there's an entirely new ending after you beat Mother Brain.

I'd say it's the easiest to get into out of all the Metroid games though. Good place to start for someone entirely new to the series, especially since it sits in the first spot of the entire timeline with the original Metroid.

When is Ghost Song coming out? That game looks neat.

May not be related, but I found the frame rate going down occasionally, but found turning on vsync prevented that from happening again

>Recommending Zero Mission and AM2R as substitutes for the first two games
Leave

May 2014, just like the KS page says :^)

It was very well done considering the limits of the hardware. I really loved the minimalistic no-sound chirping soundtrack & the constrained viewable area, since it made shit more spooky.

Framerate drops for me when doing spiderball on certain slanted walls.

I've got a pretty beefy rig, but I did experience slowdown in the open area where the research vessel, I was space jumping near the top of the map to fill it out and got some stuttering.

Metroid 2 was my fucking jam and I still love it.

This game is impressive, but… I'm only in the Hydro plant (killed arachnus and a couple metroids) and I got varia suit, wave beam, but…

I don't have the ice beam. I ran into those weird ass round totem things that are near locked doors. Anyone figure them out yet? They quick travel locations?

You bomb a blue ball into it and it opens doors. At least that's the way it works in a later area. Also where did you get the wave beam? I seem to have missed it.

what?

Wave beam is obtained by going along the left side of the primary building in the hydro plant. There are at least 3 doors there, two of them above the water pump you need to destroy.

Fugggggg

Hmm. i recall the ice beam being where the charge beam is now. Is it normal to be at the hydro plant sans the ice beam or did I miss out?

You can check the guy out on Twitter, doesn't seem like he's in a big hurry to finish the thing.
twitter.com/twotimingpete
It's a shame too, because everything he's shown looks really tight

There is one at the hydro plant. At the top of the right area next to the far left safe station. Bomb it (don't shoot it with beams, it will explode) to the bottom and into the the totem. You'll need super missiles for the room it opens.

How interesting…

Again, i need to ask if it's normal to be missing the ice beam by the time I reach the hydro plant.

Ice beam should be in the same area as the charge beam.

Oops, it was in the demo. Now it's in a much later section.

Ah, good to know, I was paranoid.

where do I go after getting the Spazer beam? I only ask because in trying to find my way, I accidentally glitched myself into an area I should be able to access

*shouldn't, rather. It was a weird trick with the spider ball.

does one of you anons know if there is any way to save before the first omega fight? the last save was at the start of the area and you can't go back there.

Help a retard out, what the fuck am I supposed to do here, I've already tried going everywhere and can't find shit.

Gamma metroids are faggots I am having a blast with this game

I got stuck on this one for a while too. There's another hidden in this tile I've circled here, not sure where the other you're missing is, but here's a start.

Shoot the blue ball on top with missiles. The explosion will hit the ball through the platform.

I dont think the blue balls have appeared at that point of game, but you'll know when they do

you can come back to this area after that

Just killed this guy, i have the varia suit, the spider ball and the jumping ball thing also the bombs but i don´t have any different beam or the gravity suit, did i fuck it up? Im really stuck now I played the original game but years ago and i don´t remember much of it
Help please

I think you are missing charge (from the first ruins) and wave from the area where you are right now

you dont get ice in this game until later

After that zone I think you can have the spazer and wave beam

I'm at 98% and I've already checked out anything suspicious that I remember. Has anyone got 100% yet?

Good fight, made me happy to see it again

Can you still explore after killing the Queen? The ending area is too big and empty

I don't think there's anything left after killing the queen. Now that I think about it I didn't start power bombing every screen until I got to the egg. Maybe there's something there but I don't want to have to go all the way back there to check, I already backtracked to here because that's the only powerup I know I missed.

That's the part where you get trapped after killing one metroid right? You gotta kill it.

I found the best way to hit him is stand a screen away when he does his flamethrower and nail his chest with a super. Takes like 5 hits to take him out. If you can read his tells well then you can jump over his dash and pop his back but it's a difficult shot.

yeah that surprised me

my favorite fight was probably the one before plasma, felt hectic
someone actually did a low% of that boss on hard in the demo
youtube.com/watch?v=LXEl2Agbwcc

you could probably backtrack after it, but there'd be no point in new upgrades after that so you should have 100% before the boss

But is there anything stopping you from going past your ship? The babby metroid eats that goop so maybe there's a passage somewhere that's blocked?

The weapon core? That was probably my favorite (original?) boss. It's nice the game distinguished between impact and beam weapons. I beat it on hard the first time in like 30 seconds accidentally, then I died later and it took me like 4 tries to kill again.

yeah, it's called tester
I heard there was an exploit which was later patched, did you perhaps do that accidentally?

didn't try that
iirc there was one room before queen with that same stuff, but I'd imagine the author wanted to make it so that you could have 100% before the last battle as there would be little point for upgrades after that point

No I was just lucky. I read his log entry, third wave was his plasma beam spin, blew the guns up, beamed his shield out, and stood under him and shot 3 supers up his ass. It was almost like clockwork.

This looks fun and I want to get my hands on it before Nintendo finally gets around to C&Ding it and all the official download links disappear, but after the recent Audacity fiasco I'm worried that as a popular download this is going to be targeted by hackers and redirected to some rootkit.

Pretty sure the author released it as a torrent?

neat
had trouble myself getting into position where I could shoot it

Anyone know what to do after the "mining machine get's blocked off by a green gem?"

in the same room, there is a passage where you can get under it and blow the green gem

>He didn't notice the different floor just before the machine

Here's a map with everything I have so far.

After you kill the queen the entrance to the right of your ship gets blocked by rocks, you can't keep exploring after killing it.

Where would you place AM2R vs Fusion, Zero and Super?

Still no sexy end cards yet?

Super > RoS > AM2R > Zero > Fusion

So, this new game is pointless?

Anyway, how has it not had a C&D from Nintendo?

It's RoS with a bunch of things from Zero Mission thrown in, mixed up with some fangame ideas. Like I said, I think I like it better than the two GBA games.

Who knows, Nintendo's weird about what they do and don't C&D.

Enjoy it

Thanks, too bad about the missing stuff im going to backtrack now

Is it still possible to go back to the area in the far south of the map after the explosion has taken place? I can't get to the area in the West since all the doors to the south are blown up.

you can only get there after it explodes

I'm really enjoying this so far, the only thing that's a bit annoying is the amount of HP on mechanical enemies, but that might be from playing on hard

I preferred to just run past them when I could

The game is pretty good about giving you appropriate items to make them easier. The wave beam in the pump station lets you get them caught on walls and kill them with no threat to yourself and the plasma beam in the tower is a much needed damage boost that also ignores shields.
Also you have like infinity missiles, use them.

So for someone who did not play metroid, is this order alright for now?

1. Metroid Zero Mission
2. This metroid 2 fan remake
3. Super metroid

do we know how many endings the game has and what are the pre-requisites?

yeah
+fusion after super

Metroid is typically not a plot heavy series so the order really doesn't matter.

Only thing that really matters is that you play Super Metroid before Fusion. Otherwise Fusion just looks like this weird outlier.

I'm just gonna proceed like that then, almost finished zero mission, it's a bit longer that what I expected from what I've read. And I tried the demo for this M2 remake, jesus that is one fine ass demo, it's almost like it was made by a team.

Well when you spend over 10 years on a project you actually care about it's possible to make something really good.

Didn't it start in 2012? That was when the about page was posted on the blog. So it would be about 4 years, still a lot of time.

Nah, it started work back in 2008 if I can recall.

Jesus…. in 8 years working on my game I'd probably forget how 80% of everything works.

Still a shorter development cycle than Star Citizen 1.0.

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=QdeAcQBp-eA

I'm strming it right now, just got the varia suit, check it out~

I realized this tube here doesn't let me use it. Has anyone found where it leads? I need that last 2%

forgot pic

I forget when, but it opens up after a certain amount of progress.

just looked at my map, it leads to a previous area

Horseshit. I've nailed him with like 7 super missiles and it doesn't fucking kill him. This is made even worse because I only fucking have 8 of them, 10 if I can get past him and get the super missile pack in the room behind it. And this is on fucking normal, mind you.

I'm right before the queen.

The far left one leads there. I'm asking about the second one from the left. I'm thinking maybe it's just a red herring because the map doesn't show an arrow for it and the tube is different from the others. All the others have the section with glass right next to the opening but this one has an opaque section. The tube leads downwards so I tried powerbombing every block that it could lead to and came up with nothing.

Honestly I found the best way to deal with omegas was just to trade hits. Tank the flamethrower and get a free super to the chest.
It's also worth pointing out that when they flex their back a small gap opens up for a split second that you can damage. Not really reliable, but sometimes they'll turn around and jump away to get distance and you can sneak a hit in.

Maybe it leads to Warfare :^)

like they even care about Metroid anymore

everyone on Twitter is pissed at them because they haven't posted shit for the 30th anniversary
honestly they really don't give a shit anymore

After you kill it the area that gets closed off opens back up. I had 18 super missiles but probably only 10 hit and it still didn't kill him. Just keep wailing on him with normal missiles.

nevermind, I was thinking of the far left one

Blast Ball is proof enough of that.

Someone's gonna have to give me sauce on what video that image came from.

Fuck, I just realized the game has power bombs yet there's no glass tube to blow up. Shit game 0/10 I regret ever liking it.

you get to blow up a power plant with them tho

Close I guess but not quite. I'll revise my rating to 4/10 for that though.

Fuck, thinking about it they could have done it so much better too. Instead of just locking the door when you get power bombs and forcing you to blow up the reactor for no reason, they should have locked the door to stop you from backtracking too far and put a glass tube like 1 or 2 rooms before. After getting the power bombs you instantly go back to that room to use them thinking it's progress or a secret. The sound of the bomb drowns out the music since it's so soft in that area and when the explosion ends and you fall down below, the music is stopped and you can see the reactor cracking in the background and your mood instantly changes from fuck yes to fuck no.

Fuck you too DoctorM64

They go down real quick once you get the Spazer.

so there was a warp to area 2

felt it was kinda strange when I came back to check few areas for items, but couldn't find any shortcut to take me there quickly

Alright, I'm fucking stumped. I got the varia suit, the wave and spazer beams, the spider ball, spring ball, high jump, space jump and speed booster. I don't know where to go next. I have killed 33 metroids, I am missing one somewhere, but all the available paths are inaccessible. There are a couple of doors that are greyed out, there are a couple that need power bombs to destroy, and there are a couple lava areas I cannot traverse because I don't have the gravity suit. Help.

God dammit Nintendo fanboys would you stop pulling this shit?! I don't need these feels to keep hitting me…

So it looks like clear time is the only thing that affects end cards.

Post your map.

do you have supermissile?

I do have the super missile and the charge beam as well. As an aside, how did some of you manage to screen cap the entire map as opposed to portions of it? Using windowed mode, or is there some way to zoom the map out in game?

Going by the background it looks like it was taken in multiple parts and put together in MS paint.

Right. That's exactly what I did. You can even see where I edited the unexplored areas with red to indicate lava, yellow to indicate a power bomb door, and grey to indicate a greyed out door. That's why I'm asking how you all are taking screen caps.

I used GIMP to edit a bunch of screenshots together. Have you cleared all the metroids in that area? I don't remember what anything exactly, but going off the complete map you should go down the blue area to the right. Even if there's lava just try it I guess.

Beta used to run on my rig but now the newest version just crashes before even reaching the main screen. Anyone know what fucking specs you need to run this?

Welp both lava areas are blocked off. It looks like you can go down there further but there are walls in the way.

Can you go over to the right and take a screenshot of the lower part of the sector? Maybe you missed one down there.

Faggot just got a take down notice from nintendo. Its already been released into the wild though so not much they can do.

I just need to figure out where to get some power bombs and I think I'll be alright.

if that's true then that's bullshit. fuck them.

Nope, found the one you're missing. It's back in the dark, green area, there's a hidden wall you missed.

I like to believe that even current nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to do that and there's nothing on the main blog or the associated twitter account about it. You're full of shit unless you show some proof.

Right here

I just saw it in the catalog, thers a thread with a tweet. I guess I should have checked it if was legit first but why would you bother lying?

alright I'll check it out. thank you.

Not too bad for a first run.
Also this caught my eye in the credits
Special thanks - Capcom
What.

It's legit, but they targeted the Metroid Database instead of Doc's blog.

twitter.com/MetroidDatabase/status/762432458641936388

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Exact same shit Square Enix pulled with the FFT0 fan translation

They didn't "wait", you gibbering retard. It was because it came out that they noticed. A ton of websites like Shitaku and Destructoid. PC Gamer picked it up, Ars Technica picked it up, Nintendo News picked it up, Motherboard picked it up– the list goes on. WIth all these news sites that suddenly care (because it's actually released), it's no wonder Nintendo finally noticed.

Furthermore, even if they wanted to leave it up, with the way copyright (especially US copyright) works, they have to take it down. If you don't defend your brand in US copyright law, you lose it.

You again? Keep your moronic and completely untrue opinion back in the DMCA thread.

Dumbest shit I've heard in a while.

If you do nothing with your brand in general, it will lapse.
One fan work won't ruin it, but c'mon now

Also nice (1)

That's great, but that's not what he said. He said you'll outright lose your copyright if you don't "defend" it. That's wrong and always will be.

Also, fuck off. I've been in the thread since yesterdays. I just haven't posted because I'm not actively playing the game right now.

But they're releasing a real full Metroid game this year :^)

AM2R has been in the public eye for a very long time, this isn't the first time publications have written about it, this isn't the first time people have written to Nintendo about it

Apparently the actual takedown was a DMCA request which means any faggot could've issued it, Nintendo themselves would've ordered a C&D.

Lol well then.

ayo hol' up

So if I get into this room using the Speed Booster, then I can get the Missile Tank, then get stuck in the vines with no way to escape, since it needs Screw Attack?

Also fuck me I'm at 99% and can't find where I'm missing the item on the full map

You just lead me to 2 of the 5 items I was missing. Thank you.

I don't know how I missed these. I thought I bombed the hell out of those walls in the shaft the first time through.

I thought gamma metroids were a pain, then I met zeta metroids. fuck zeta metroids.

Wait until you meet the Omegas, makes the Fusion final boss fight look like pussy shit

I died like a bitch to the first zeta. The fight itself didn't even look hard.

I felt like the omegas were easier, except the first one which I'm pretty sure had like 4 times as much health. Maybe it's just because there were only 3 of them.

Obviously it's not actual obsidian, but a similar volcanic material that forms bubbles by the same processes.

could be a room made out of geod's?

Has anyone gotten a PS3 controller to be recognized by the game?

Should be an Xinput program for PS3/PS4 controllers somewhere

There we go. It's because I was using Direct Input rather than Xinput. Thanks.

so this is a 100% map right?
because I only have 1 freaking missile power up left and I just can't find it.

If I'm remembering correctly there's a missile powerup in one of the earlier areas in the same block as another powerup, so they share the same dot. Good luck finding that one.

I think it still shows up as a circle unless you get everything. Maybe it's in the same square as an actual item. I think there was at least one powerup like that.

And finished before I have to go back to work tomorrow.

It was great. Really great. The last sector was obviously pretty rushed because he just wanted to get it out for the 30th anniversary, but overall it was good. Stuck with a measly 80% completion rate, though, I'll have to go back for the other powerups later.

something must be fucking broken, the metroids fly way too low to hit and you can't prop them up. did i break something or is the game design really that shitty?

Just jump above them so that theyre kited and fly upwards

Think of it as a call back to the original game where you couldn't duck or aim downwards

the problem is though is that they just keep sweeping the ground and i can't hit them

If they're at the right height you can hit them by shooting horizontally. Just crouch and alternate diagonal and horizontal shots and you should kill them eventually. Or just keep jumping over them and getting one shot at a time.

actual spoilers
>get space jump
>chorizo shows up
>oh shit
>metroid prime 2 chykka starts playing
>OH SHIT
>defeat it
>ROOM EXPANS
>CHYKKA ADULT PLAYS
>STARTS FLYING AROUND
>GAME TURNS CUHRAYZEE
I've never had this much excitement in a game in a long time

Reminds me of how amazed I was playing Super Metroid for the first time.

I had it good back then.

How does one get passed the weird black bubble barriers?

Anyone else have this problem? I think it might be my video drivers as I decided to update them a few days ago, but I don't feel like downgrading when all my other games run just fine.

ice beam + missile

Where do you find the icebeam?

IIRC the top one is the gravity suit, the left one is the icebeam and i forgot what the upgrade on the left side is

I can't fucking beat the space jump boss on hard because I've never learned how to properly space jump in these games. Why the fuck do I only actually do the jump one in every 5 times I press the button?

It's pretty shitty that they throw you into a fight where you need to use the power-up without giving you a chance to learn the power-up first.

Space Jump's a bit touchy for some reason, I noticed it'd fail to jump mid-air sometimes for me too.

You're probably pressing A too fast. Wait for the third 'flip sound' before you press again.

I never said I wasn't :^)

Just use the d-pad… Oh.

Oh…

I already beat him but I was really enjoying standing up in the middle of a roll.

just use a ps3 controller. Because who doesn't have one these days.I starting using it when the game came out. Feels a lot better that the xbox controller.

Yeah, I wish there wasn't that pause before you can start moving when unmorphing.

Straight into the trash.

Has anyone beaten the game in under an hour? Was there zero suit samus?

hahaha fuck no

spoiler for the noobs and mole

To be fair, the Federation perfected the technology and the only time things went bad was when one was posessed by Dark Samus.

>western art :^)

it's not the Nintendo Power Super Metroid comic, i'll tell you that.

jewtendo has taken shit down apparently

anyone got a linky?

It's not down. Someone just dmca'd metroid database. metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

you piece of shit

okay thats just way too smooth movement for a low res 2D game
It's like they're running this in high res but just lazily blew up sizes of the graphics assets

The game's native resolution is 320x240. Playing in anything larger is going to result in sprites being blown up like that.

Not sure how being "smooth" is bad, though, or what it has to do with the game's resolution. Or what it even means in this context, for that matter.

So I just beat the game. It was pretty damn great, I enjoyed it. I died to the queen metroid like 5 times because I didn't realize I could replenish my ammo and health by freezing those green spiky projectiles she shoots out of her mouth. Clocked in at 7:59:03 and 73% completion. Fuck you Nintendo, when are you going to make Metroid great again? This production is pretty damn fantastic and will probably be better than any official version Ninty comes up with.

How do I get the item by the save point?

Downloaded the game yesterday… it's very good! Kudos to whoever made that happen.

From what I remember, either you have to activate your speed booster and then perform a forward shinespark to break through some blocks on the rightmost wall of that room, or you need to use the Spider Ball on that wall and look for a block you can bomb open.

It was one of those two. I'm leaning towards the Speed Booster, though, given the shape of the room and that I recall getting the Speed Booster around that area.

it's the shinespark.

I bombed the walls earlier and didn't see anything.

I guess I'm retarded :^)

Geodes are the hotpockets of geology.

torrentfreak.com/nintendo-takes-down-fan-made-metroid-2-remake-160808/

Can someone give me a hint on how to get those two upgrades I've marked?

The one on the right is behind a green door.

The one on the middle that is on a ceiling, you just have to stick to the wall while on ball mode and put mines on the left side, you will be able to go upwards and it will show the upgrade.

The one in Area 4/Tower: Spider Ball, mine the ceiling.

The one in Area 3: Speed Booster while on the platform outside the room. Open the door, then Shinespark through it. When you land on the slope, crouch and immediately use a Power Bomb, then shinespark again through the opening created by that.

That's honestly the trickiest one to get that I've seen in the game. I might be making it more complicated than it needs to be, though.

Yeah, I'm retarded. But how about this super missile?

Bomb the floor to the left of the slope or around there.

Next to those thingsthat you can destroy with speed, put a lot of mines on the ground moving around and you'll eventually find it.

Yeah, i just found it. Shouldn't have posted.

What he means is that moving one pixel for Samus in the classic game really is one pixel - 1 of 320
In this one, if you upscale it to like 1280, then it seems like you have 3 more pixels for objects' movements to be interpolated through. It's like how increasing the framerate makes you see "more" things

i knew the thing would've get cease and decist
i knew it
i had the opportunity to download before that happen
good god i did

Just went through the door, behind it is a power bomb wall.

You need to retain a shinespark charge, go through the door, store it, powerbomb, and release it below

It got DMCA'd not C&D'd.

user, did you get the Ice Beam yet?

Where is the Gravity suit please i think its the only thing im missing

rip

Gravity Suit is in Area 5. Compare your own map to the one here:

And if there's any place on it you haven't been in Area 5, that's probably where it is.

I need to play through the game again, my memory on this shit shouldn't be this fuzzy.

Goddamn I'm loving this game. I wish someone made it easily moddable or something, I could see this being like Super Mario Bros X.

On that note I think it's hard mode that's making me love it so much. The Tester is kicking my ass and I never had to struggle in a boss fight in a metroid game, to the point of wanting to backtrack to get more powerups

Thanks user, I was having trouble with getting the shinespark in there because I didn't know the timer reset by doing it mid air, then crouching when you hit the ground as soon as you can

I want to fuck the metroid queen.

So is the file still up on volafile?
Does somebody here have a link?
Also, i've read there was a metroid 1 remake too, i'm gonna check it out while i wait for a reply.

Here's a magnet link version of the official torrent (which is still on the official download page, by the way).

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:31059585e68123d095871d3169899cd900b77213&dn=AM2R%5F10.zip

I did a bit of digging - if I'm not mistaken, apparently this asshole was the one taking down both the mediafire and Metroid-database links, probably on contract with NoA.

millernash.com/brian-t-sniffer
archive.is/gDdS6

LinkedIn.com/bsniffen
archive.is/gkuOK

twitter.com/Brian_T_Sniffen
archive.is/yNFWS

PAGE NOT FOUND

Fuck, typo.
millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen
Try now.

How did you find this btw?
What links him to the takedown?
And why would we care about an employee?

How the fuck do I do this one

Do people not read the thread? See

It looks like I posted only for the get.

I forgot that I can stop the speed if I throw myself against a diagonal surface.

Also I'm not speed running per se, but I just finished area 3 in under an hour

Guy's name was attached to the takedown letter on Metroid Database, his company's dmca email was attached to . Apparently he and the company also went after other fan projects such as the Mario 64 HD project and a Metroid fan film kikestarter.

Also forgot to mention, the DMCA would've come from [email protected]/* */ (archive.is/p2AUA), so either it's a fake DMCA or NoA is being incredibly scummy wouldn't shock me by hiring someone else to do their dirty work and minimize backlash towards THEM.

Next Thread OP is ready:
Images: pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=58310148
i.imgur.com/rgGkmWs.png
spit.mixtape.moe/view/qr/d18f1369
3 images total.

Name: S.A.
Subject: Another Metriod 2 Remake, Bounty Hunter Edition.
Body:
==magnet:?

xt=urn:btih:31059585e68123d095871d3169899cd900b77213&dn=AM2R_10.zip==

/ipfs/QmVzfw2oRB912tMiPUaC1ELdCNGfjvXRdaPzwgSjmGYaD4/Another%20Metroid

%202%20Remake
spit.mixtape.moe/view/d18f1369
#D0hsnYJFFN9WZrBQtXbFu2jAbbtTaHEN

Get, pin, and share away. [*My* node only last perhaps a day.]

Until next mission.

Guys I finally get it. Fusion was a spiritual successor to Metroid 2

Not only does Nintendo completely ignore the 30th anniversary of Metroid, but they issue a C&D to someone who actually DID remember and gave enough of a fuck to commemorate the occasion with a proper release, for no money, completely out of passion.

It's like NoA wants nothing more than to keep giving me more reasons to hate them. I wonder if NoJ would have reacted similarly, or kept their jew lawyers on leash and simply let it be?

It wasn't a c&d.

Man I don't even care but lemme post this

Kill me

What did I do?

All the sites I've been seeing were reproducing an e-mail signed by Nintendo's copyright lawyer

i want to slammus samus in the annus

Did anyone ask to confirm said DMCA request was legit?
m.millernash.com/brian-t-sniffen/

I want to smooch Ridleys butt and it gobble me up

Nobody was expecting the jetpack.

Where the fuck is area 5? It seems im blind, retarded or both. Can someone please mark the Gravity suit in the map for me? I like the Gravity suit AND i need it

you know what I fucking meant.

Is there a trick to the Gamma Metroids? They take forever to kill, and those claw swipes are a pain.

The tile with Samus's helmet is where the Gravity Suit is.

The tile with the thin red circle around it is how you get to it.

Anyone have the "other m is bad regardless of story" infograph? Want for research.

Thanks a lot!

You have one fucktillion missiles.
Apply liberally to gamma metroid.

Is the only way to get the missile tank in the area with the circle to sprint left from the platform to the right and then jump? Because I've managed to destroy the first block that stands in the way of the pickup, but I can not for the dear life of me get the second one.

You have to shinespark from the bottom all the way to the top. Spiderball to where you destroyed the first block, then fall so you know where to shinespark.

Is it actually possible to get through this barrier from this side? I tried to conserve a shinespark charge from sprinting through the tunnel, but I never manage to make it to the wall

>entrance to first zeta metroid positions just right so that getting knocked back on that side sends you out of the room and resets the fight
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Okay, forgive my ignorance here. These remake groups always seem to get DMCA'd.

First question is are these dudes staying anonymous so nintendo can't target a specific person?

Second question, could these groups/individuals who make these remakes just distribute via some other means like torrents or something similar? That way nintendo is essentially fucked if they want to DMCA and can't do jack shit?

I don't understand. It feels like it'd be easy to get around the DMCA. The only thing left would be web pages talking about it. They could DMCA on the website I guess, but aren't there ways to get around that as well?

it is my understanding that there is a lot of misinformation being spread around and that the 'official' website of the mod is still up with downloads available. but that it definitely was taken off of some websites.
im not super keen on the matter myself

twitter.com/MetroidDatabase/status/762737283908956160

No. The posts with the downloads have been removed. metroid2remake.blogspot.com/p/am2r-downloads.html

Nevermind, worked it out myself. The only problem was that I didn't know the proper controls for a sideway shinespark

I think it's funny how Nintendo only noticed this remake was going on when the 1.0 released. It's been in development for years, and demos were being released regularly.
Thanks for waiting until it was done Nintendo.

Jesus Christ fuck Nintendo

I'll have it on my computer forever niggers

well to be fair it was major news when it was finally announced as "finished", and that news spread like wildfire on the internet.

shit. any idea what this is then from a previous thread? is this a ruse?
metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/p/am2r-downloads.html

Link's still dead

If you didn't manage to download it in time I'm sure it's on the vola

there's a magnet hash on this thread for it.

I'm starting think that they either want to promote the 30th anniversary and Federation Force at the same time. Which could also distract from any negative reception FF will get.

And since the game isn't out yet, that hasn't started.

At least have some eShop Metroid discounts or My Nintendo Metroid rewards? Anybody want Metroid Prime Pinball via DSiWare like what they did with WarioWare Touched?

IE confirmed that the Mdb's DMCA was real.
In addition, the download links have been removed from the original site. Remember to upload wherever you can.

I cared so little I had completely forgotten. H-happy birthday Samus

VOLA LINK
volafile.io/get/Ti66PXvrw65MEw/Anthony's Mindfuck - 2nd Revision.rar

MEGA LINK
mega.nz/#!skshTI6D hglP5c3HVvnxdztCouzDYZrYik4K4M10jyykh_sxaYU

TUBE LINK
TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

>entrance to first zeta metroid positions just right so that getting knocked back on that side sends you out of the room and resets the fight

This is cool.

hes a big guy

Please use
Both your links can be DMCA'd, and no P2P

^

Just finished the escape sequence after finding the power bombs, oh man, my heart was pounding at the end, Nintendo should be so ashamed of themselves.
Definitely one of my favorite games of the year.

FUCK Metroid Omegas. There are too many frames where they block your rockets and they deal too much goddamned damage.

After you get to the first federation outpost,after the factory,what the fuck do you do? The rumbling and shit happened,but the lava ain't goin' down. I killed the metroids, too.

How fast does Samus move just holding forward in Metroid prime in real world terms?

Probably about .000000001 parsecs a second.

holy hot damn. this game, is fuckin good

4u

off by one

Check the other area that was flooded with lava.

Can anyone post a 100% map please? Im stuck/lost and i feel i totally missed the super bombs (and probably something else). Once i get home im going to explore every area from the start but for now i figured i could ask here for a map
Space Jump
That multiple jump that lets you stay in the air while jumping
Triple shot
Charged beam
Ball upgrades (spider, jumping, bombs)
Varia suit
That speed booster that makes you go fast
And i think thats it, did i miss the super bombs?

Though I see doorways that haven't been entered on that.

Thanks, i really need to start reading every post

What the fuck were they thinking with zeta metroids? These enemies are shit.

Yeah, right.

Have you tried emulating an xbox controller instead?