I'm new to the JRPG scene, and recently got into Disgaea. It's an alright grindan gaem

I'm new to the JRPG scene, and recently got into Disgaea. It's an alright grindan gaem.

What I don't know is, what did NIS America did to warrant Holla Forums's seemingly universal hatred?

They have butchered almost every fucking game they touched with awful "localization"?

Disgaea is not a JRPG.

Pics 1-2 are some of the shit they've done,

Pics 3-4 are them getting BTFO on occasion

Also they're censor-loving faggots.

The main reason why is their games have shit translations filled with memes or unfunny jokes at times, but on top of this, even worse than this, is how the games are buggy as sin when they get brought over, with one game apparently killing people's PS3s, and one game causing game crashes by using a simple spell.

NISA has flat out lied about why they censor games they localize, claimed the ESRB ==makes== them change the content.

Pic below shows how Gal Gun, a game with lewder content than most stuff NISA handles basically got a quick and easy rating from the ESRB ==without== them censoring it ==AT ALL==

Are any of these games even good? They look like cheap fanservice grindRPGs

I think you're severely mistakened

wew lad that ===red text===

I'm curious as to why these shit localization companies use the excuse of "ITS THE ESRB THAT MAKES US DO IT".

They aren't the same company who thought a game like Night Trap is the devil like in 1990-something, devs can get away with a lot more today. Especially since the Neptunia games in particular only get Teen ratings and still have lewd content. Heck I think even SK Burst was only rated Teen.

NISA used to mostly just have issues with localization induced bugs up through MK2 or so, but after AT2 they really started to shit the bed, not just with bugs, but fucking with the scripts, censorship and content removal at times. If you want to play something they handled, do your research and emulate, or at least buy used. With some of their earlier games they handled, like Atelier Iris 1-3, I don't hear much on either way as to whether NISA did good or bad with them.

It's worth noting that occasionally some games slip through being handled by them alright (Spike Chunsoft's stuff like Demon Gaze, for example), and in the case of AT2, there's a retranslation effort and bugfix.

Thank goodness I didn't give them my money then.

Better start learning Nip I guess.

What is with this blurry picture?

NISA = Trash.

What would you say is the closest to Skies of Arcadia? Haven't really had many grab me like that did outside of a few NES/SNES ones.

Nobody cares about the story. Even the original Japanese text is cringy and retarded.

This on the other hand.

This is inexcusable. They broke the game so badly it actually bricked your console.

Their dialogue rewrites are so fucking bad, just glancing at some of these scripts makes me actually, physically uncomfortable. I don't even play any of the games they localize, but when I see these shitty translations, I feel really bad for the fans who are getting fucked. You poor bastards.

This is a thread for the discussion of NISA's lack of trustworthiness and pointing out how they are within the top 3 of trashy video game companies.

This is not the place for garbage. Begone.

As far as NISA games or just JRPGs general?

Nostalgia (developed by Red Entertainment and Matrix Software, with a western release by Ignition) on the DS has a similar light hearted, explore-the-world vibe, with an airship as well, and the alternate 1800s Earth setting is neat. It's got some issues though, and some physical English copies of the game have a gameruining bug (if you find a copy with an existing save file at "The Adventurer's Epilogue" it should be playable start to finish.

It's more than a bit hit or miss though, but I found it worked reasonably well as a throwback of sorts.

Yeah, meant more in general. I really enjoyed the sense of adventure in Skies of Arcadia. Thanks, I'll check it out.