Stealth Genre

I enjoy Hide-and-go-stab games, but there are so few.

My favorite series have been.
Tenchu
Shinobido
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear V

I hated Hitman though.

Batman/Assassins Creed bait and switched me with action games.

Any recommendations?

You've got good taste, unfortunately you've also got 99% of all decent stealth-n-stab titles out there.

there are a couple other games out there, like dishonored, but they're far more actiony than anything you've listed.

Hate to say it, but I doubt you're going to find much else out there unless you expand towards pure stealth stuff like Thief.

Which Hitman? There are multiple Hitmens. 47, 2 and Contracts were decent. Maybe Death to Spies and the Hidden and Dangeresque games.

Garrote yourself, nigger.

Thief series is an obvious omission, Death to Spies is another. What did you hate about Hitman?

From someone who put The Phantom Pain in the list? I hope you just slipped and hit that V on accident, OP.

If you like strategy games, then go for the Commandos series.

If you enjoy pure stealth, as indicated, then play Thief 1 and 2, and after you've finished them, then play some custom maps made by fans if you want some more.

What are some decent stealth game to play as an all throats slit, no fucks given predator?

If you don't mind 2D, try Mark of the Ninja.

The ability to fuck with guards in that game is fantastic.

nigger what? the whole game is cookie-cutter as shit because open world makes every situation solvable with the exact same 3 strategies every time

You can do that on Death to Spies. Except for Alekhine's Gun, it makes no difference on the game other than the rating. A few missions have kill limits.
Same goes for Hitman, although I think on Contracts and after you'll lose money if you do it.

I LOVED that game

Mark of the ninja is pretty good if it wasn't for the title.

It waa fun action and management, but the stealth was hit and miss. Still fun IF you play it right. As a sandbox you can play as you see fit.

Are the other Metal Gears better?

What about the title

Not really, no. They're incredibly stiff and the first two are pretty much you glued to the minimap avoiding LoS cones and I feel the third is way too easy because you can CQC stun anyone who happens to see you at close range. Don't know about 4.
The one thing I think the MGS series excelled at is the codec calls but those are parts where you spend minutes hearing VAs trying to hard to act out what's interesting dialog instead of actually hearing it on the go while you're PLAYING the game. Cutscenes drag on for fucking ever too.

It has mark in the title, the biggest problem.

I'm Convinced the main character's real name was Mark D. Ninja.

Still Adored it. LOVED driving enemies insane with fear.

I'm curious, has anyone played Shadwen? Is it any good? Also from what I remember playing lethal in Styx Master of Shadows was pretty fun especially on Goblin difficulty where you could die in one hit if you got spotted. Had to upgrade the whole combat tree before you attempt it so you can get the death from above/from cover abilities first.

Wow dude it's like poetry

No his name is MARK and he is one OF THE NINJA.

That's not the problem of his name, the problem is that his name belongs to a jewish descent

So the sequel could be "Matt of the Ninja"?

Would still buy the fuck out of it.

Is the developer still in biz? Is that a possibility?

The developer is Klei Entertainment who have made Don't Starve and Invisible Inc after MOTN and are making some other thing called Oxygen Not Included.

To be honest outside of Shank, MOTN and Invisble Inc I really don't like Klei's vidya. You should try Invisible Inc though, it's pretty damn good

Kaede is mai waifu.

Like Tenchu's Ayame, but cuter. Made by the same guy as well. He lost the license to Tenchu and made Shinobido.

So, Shadwen? How is it?

Styx Master of Shadows is a fantastic pure stealth game.

Thief and Thief 2.

Any stealth games with extreme replay value? I like games where I can just play a randomly generated level or whatever.

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine.

It's a heist game, but you can play it with stealth.

Stynx is a perfect stealth game. But why the fuck all the dev want you to kill people to have 100%?
Why there aren't more achievement for ghosting leveles?
inb4 achieve hunterfag
bite me nigger

But each level has a ghosting challenge in Styx, and you have to do all the challenges to 100% the game. I should know, I've done it.

I sure love being able to see peoples through wall

You think it's bad in MGSV?

In Splinter Cell 1-3 you usually had between 2 to three goggle visions. Night vision, thermal vision, some mine detecting vision, etc.
In Conviction all of it is reduced to one goggle vision that also acts as a fucking wall hack and it's incredibly clear as opposed to the earlier games where those visions weren't exactly HD 4K vision, can use it at any time with no restrictions other than if you move it gets somewhat fuzzy

That game was shit. Literally obligates you to kill and any build is made to kill people. That's not worth being called stealth

Bullshit. I played the whole game with the stealth no kill suit the second I got my hands on it and I hadn't had any troubles with it, besides the tutorial level.

I think the only game that give the perfect stealth element is the original theif game. It really orce you to think and be stealthy as fuck, no handholding bullshit

I think something that's overlooked in Thief's greatness is how most of the arrows given to you are stealth based. Moth arrows, noisemakers, water arrows, they all serve no purpose in combat.

In fact come to think of it most, if not all of the gadgets given to you(portable cam, compass, glowsticks) all emphasis careful exploration and stealth as opposed to combat.

Meanwhile compare it to like Dishonored or Metal Gear Solid where you have shittons of gear and abilities catered to combat but you're not supposed to be fighting.

I've never heard of Shinobido, how does it compare to Tenchu?

It's been a long while since I've actually played it but it's pretty damned rad. You're THE ninja and you've got this war between three factions and they all want your dick and you fuck up the factions as you please and even keep the war running as long as possible if you so wish it.
But the controls are a bit iffy and that might turn you off. Emulate it and see for yourself.

It looks interesting from what I've looked up so far and decided to give it a download. I figured asking for another opinion wouldn't hurt either, thanks.

Top kek

Yeah, this is a major flaws in modern stealth game. Its like they don't even want to you to be stealthy.

Well sure but I really had the older games in mind too. Like in MGS2 you have all sorts of assault rifles and rocket launchers and whatnot and for non lethal shit you get a dinky pistol and a tranq sniper. By the time you get the HF Sword you're already stuck in a place where you're not going to be sneaking anymore anyways

Didn't really work with shitman absolution since it just made disguises entirely unusable.

Yeah but is it fair to called it a stealth game when being stealth is optional? What's the differences between being stealth and running and gunning the whole place? other than muh trophy

pffff

I like stealth games not because of the stealth itself but how the levels are designed. There's always all sort of nice little things like an alternative routes through an air duct and so on. I think the stealth aspect forces the map developers to be more creative which makes the games a lot more fun. Deus Ex is probably the best example of this. While it's not a pure stealth game, it still gives the stealth option which made the developers to add different solutions to the same problem.

I think all games, not just stealth games or hybrids, should give several options how to progress through the level. It would also allow puzzles to be harder while not leading to the typical Adventure Game problem in which some puzzles are only obvious to the developer. When there's enough of paths, at least one of them will be obvious to the player.

I think this is the main reason why I've replayed Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines so many times.

Best OST in the stealth genre?

The creator of Tenchu lost the rights and was thoroughly pissed. So he said, "Screw you guys. I'll make my own Tenchu. With Black Jack, and Hookers."

Essentially it's a clone with "extreme" versions of Rikimaru and Ayame in Mediaval Japan. Same tools, weapons, mechanics, and strange enemies. I seriously stealth killed a bear once.

What sets it apart is a level editor. Make your own. It was on PS2, with a PSP sequel I imported, and a poorly reviewed Vita sequel I never tried that people said was to easy.

Riddick and to some degree old Thief games (not stab but knock out cold).

Might be

any multiplayer stealth games? Spy is my second main on TF2 and I'd like to know if other games can offer stealth against enemies that aren't AIs

Splinter cell coop. you can play it pirated on tunngle it's really fun but having voice chat makes it better so try to play it with a friend.

well there is the versus mode too but it's not as good as the coop.

That's not Silent Assassin.

Speaking of stealth vidya OSTs does anyone happen to know the name of the MGSV track that plays at 23:15 of this video?

Spy v Merc was pretty good.

Touche.

Nice changing the goal post.

Nice strawman

Hidden and Dangerous 2 is still the best stealth game ever made, if you have a bit of patience. Great gun physics, great singleplayer co-op, great inventory management, fully open ended levels, can steal and wear enemies' uniform, but the difficulty is really, absolutely high. It's what MGSV could've been.

Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein remain my favorite stealth games though. They're simple but extremely fun games with great controls and procedurally generated levels which is actually very innovative back in the day. I'm making a spiritual successor in game maker studio.

Because its a terrible stealth overall with or without the marking.
I bet you can't even beat the first level in thief

You don't kill people in thief

Do you know what it means to omit something, user?

I like stating the obvious

How demanding is it to run Shinobido and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven on pcsx2 since this thread piqued my interest in these games? Are they as demanding as Black?

What do you think the sword is for?

Cutting down drapes and curtains, of course.

Do you have a simple job planned for this evening, Holla Forums?

Monaco: What's Your is Mine.

4 player coop stealth game.

Great recommendation. Monaco is a real good time with a full squad.

Nah you're just bad, there's three forced kills and those are just the "main" "bad" guys.
Now the bad part is that you can't complete the game with just unlimited use items as you have to use at-least 2 smoke bombs (realistically 3 because one of the spots you can technically avoid using one becomes an exercise in frustration and resets if you don't)

Pretty unfun and miserable to play

Always thought this had great stealth

I just couldn't play it, I'm still angry.