Oh shit! It's time for the greatest gaming event of the year! Tired of AAA bullshit? Getting jewed by gayben and DRM...

Oh shit! It's time for the greatest gaming event of the year! Tired of AAA bullshit? Getting jewed by gayben and DRM? Half-finished games sold for full price and early access 2d pixel art bullshit?

COMIKET 90 IS HAPPENING! Comiket, or Comic Market is a massive independent festival that happens twice a year in Japan where doujin (indie) creators go to show off and sell their latest creations, tons of great games such as Reccettear, Ace of Seafood and Astebreed saw their debut at comiket. Check out all the new games being shown off this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

touhouxproject.blogspot.com/2015/09/gensou-sky-drift-touhou-mario-kart.html
nonuple9.com/top.html
trial.dlsite.com/doujin/RJ144000/RJ143171_ana_trial.zip
enzian.web.fc2.com/observer/top.html
edelweiss.skr.jp/info/c89pv/index.html
edelweiss.skr.jp/info/c88pv/index.html
doujinstyle.com/
soundcloud.com/alpha-line
youtube.com/watch?v=dsy7VJheMBI
youtube.com/watch?v=k6qLLoEdWZw
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=810319)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first game that really grabbed by attention was Sakuna by Edelweiss. It's got some really stylish combo centric combat and snappy sidescrolling platforming, and it looks like it's even mixing in some 3D farming? I really like how this one looks.

First time I've ever paid attention to this. Wow, some of these games like Heart of Crown around the 23 minute mark and Link: Unleashed Nexus at 39 minutes actually look nice, granted some look lame.

I just wonder why there are so much different mindsets between video game development across countries and budgets

I don't see how an event happening in Japan with untranslated games that i can't import or even buy yet is an alternative to Steam or overpriced indie half finished games.

Japan is far ahead of us with how they've embraced game design theories since the 80s. For us, games have been largely experimental and often narrative focused over design focus. I believe the Japanese mindset comes from making things fun, and there are certain proven qualities games can have to make them more enjoyable. It's seems almost elementary at this point, such as basic things like hit stopping in certain kinds of 2D games. I've rarely seen a Japanese game miss a beat on what to do in this case, but in the West I've noticed it all too often. It's the same kind of mindset that had led to Agro in shadow of the colossus being a horse controlled by the player controlling Wander. Whereas in Red Dead Redemption the horse behaves as a vehicle you have direct control over.

I think it's valuable to learn from both regions design practices, but it's hard to deny Japanese designers know how to make fun games the priority.

learn to find them yourself? It's not hard.

more like moe garbage

This one by Under the Gun looks nice. It's obviously just an umihara kawase clone, but I love that game so I can't see something like this being unfun. The physics look very good too.

I really enjoyed Illucalab's last game, Gensou Touhou Skydrift, it was a welcome "kart" racer and had some great music. This one is apparently about making your own magical spells.

oh oh so just pirate them, well i hope these guy's didn't intend to make a dime with their work, what did they think, fucking jews amirite?

NonetSympathia by Photon System looks like a pretty cool action rpg! I don't mind missing out on a story I may not fully understand if the gameplay is good.

(you)

Link the Undocumented looks absolutely tremendous. I love this high speed free form movement.

Hey nice, I think I played one of his earlier games.

Yes, the art style is very recognizable. I'm looking forward to quite a few games, but nothing caught my eye particularly apart from Sakuna. This year's summer comiket trailers may not have been as good as c88, but I still enjoyed seeing all the games. There's a few creators I wish I saw like deadfactory and pafuhana but I think there's still a lot to enjoy here.

I wish I had the brainpower and creativity of the average jap.

so, the fuck is "Noneplu nine" about?

I've never been able to find it. Mind telling me where you found a download for it?

Theres still links up

touhouxproject.blogspot.com/2015/09/gensou-sky-drift-touhou-mario-kart.html

It has a built in updater so you'll get new shit once you play.

You cannot play online mode though without having a serial key (May or may not be a good thing, depends on what you prefer)

I wonder what games playism will pick up for localization this year. Last one they pretty much got every non-2hu game I was interested in outside a few.

time for a new hobby

haven't been paying attention.
has ks made a splash over at japan yet?

nonuple9.com/top.html

No idea, but it seems at least somewhat interesting.

You should try new things, especially things you never tried before.

Comiket is the one and only event I actually celebrate. I cry in happiness every time it comes around, both times.

Thank you God, for this wonderful blessing of infinite doujinshi, and music. Please, let the 2hu arranges never stop.

I enjoy tgs and e3, but comiket exhumes a 5th gen level of creativity and excitement.

like?

What are some games and genres you never tried or had any particular interest in. What are your primary genres

None in recent years.

Never had a main genre, I just played whatever caught my interest. Probably the reason I don't have any games I can call my favorite either

So you don't play video games then.

Try a game called panorama cotton in a sega genesis emulator. It's simple but you will have a lot of fun, and it is going to be very different from what you've played like it in the past. Imagine now that a game that complex ran on a sega genesis.

So does anyone know what the hell this is even about?

Bump

It's a point and click eroge about sexually stimulating a girl's memories back into her head so she can escape from an R&D center with a perpetually looping 32nd floor. There's a demo, but it's pretty text heavy so I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy it if you don't know any nippon.

trial.dlsite.com/doujin/RJ144000/RJ143171_ana_trial.zip

This has a limited amount of info on its website. The story seems to be about a guy who died but his consciousness remained behind. He interacts with the world through the orange and blue girl. This also allows them to see that shadow version of the school. There's nothing about the gameplay and the site likens it to a movie where "you decide the story", but there's a health indicator and two other HUD elements on a lot of the screenshots and what is clearly a stealth section in the trailer, so I have no idea. The site's really lacking considering the game's supposed to be out in a week.

enzian.web.fc2.com/observer/top.html

tickles my prostate that Observer has you playing as Unity-chan. Hey, Japanese devs have done great things with Unity.

Oh man, now I get the nickname mentioned on the site. I was wondering how they got Yuni out of Ootori Kohaku. I didn't even know Unity had a mascot.

Recettear, Ace of Seafood and Astebreed are absolutely terrible, worthless games.

What if I'm sick of Touhou?

is there a list of good doujin games?

all i've really played is fairy bloom freesia & unholy heights but they were both lovely little games

is Wadanohara good?

I guess not.

Here:

That's the list

I was hoping they would show more robot games
and give more information on Steir Skein and Cyberforce than what we've already seen.
I liked edelweiss and the stickman fighter.

those are the developer names, not the game names.

it's a very much undocumented scene. Try watching the c88, c89 previews hosted on the edelweiss site.

edelweiss.skr.jp/info/c89pv/index.html
edelweiss.skr.jp/info/c88pv/index.html

Some of my favorites were skylens, black maria overdrive and touhou skydrift.

doujinstyle.com/ has some doujin essentials, mostly touhou fangames

ty

占星魔術白書 - Extra Sorcerers

looks pretty interesting. the soundtrack is super comfy at least

soundcloud.com/alpha-line

Tenkuu no Rhapsody looked kinda cool, too. NonetSympathia has much better production and a faster pace though. I'll definitely try them both.

I wonder what the barrier to entry in Comiket is like. I mean, in the OP video there was even a low-production typing game. That's what makes it so interesting, you never know what you'll see.

I really thought that was just a wandering spirit skirt-lifting game, but then people started getting attacked by spooky phantoms.

Disappointing. I like fappan games as much as anyone, but I had higher hopes from the trailer. Not that my nihongo is good enough to enjoy it in any case.

CyberForce could be fun. I hope there are more environments at least, the movement and action looks pretty good.

It's not just video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=dsy7VJheMBI

youtube.com/watch?v=k6qLLoEdWZw

Did Siter Skain release new footage of their Armed Dragoon game yet?

Yeah, this convention held in Japan where Japanese people sell their creations is clearly run by wannabe Japanese Westerners instead. The secret is out.

No, I haven't seen a thing from them yet.

as far as the barrier of entry, I don't think there is much of one at all. I'm interested in asking some of the people I've seen submit things. There's lots of folks anyone can follow on twitter, nice to get the occasional peek at something they're working on. Otherwise prepare for poorly translated philosophical sounding twitter translations, food and cigar pictures.

(Checked)
first one made me feel a bit ill

That sounds fucking adorable

1 Not every game is touhou
2 You can never have enough touhou

So many lolis, so little time…

Yes, but weeks to prepare, and December to relish in it again. Loli always wins however.

speaking of which i hope we can get some more decent touhou games out of it there hasnt been much lately. loli surfing was kind of cool

Are you me? Watched all the trailers for this comiket and couldn't care for any of them.

I mean fuck I'd buy his shit but apparently nips are allergic to goddamn digital sales

It's against the doujin way. The Jap's truly are the heroes we need but don't deserve.

Im glad this board is curating its taste and AAA is getting more and more ignored by the day, even with all the summerposting I love you guys

Wooooooow

>More quality Touhou fan music (seeding this ShibayanRecords FLAC torrent if anyone wants it. nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=810319)

TGS and Comiket are the only events to look forward to it seems. My dick and ears aren't ready yet.

I know, but it's something I want and I want to support them but they're making it very difficult to do

I've found many of them sell on steam, dlsite, and other places too. You may b3 able to just ask them in an email if you want to try.

i dont know what the fuck hes saying but at least hes happy

bump for glorious nihon

DON'T MAKE ME SAY IT

you can do anything you dedicate yourself, discipline yourself, and practice in.

Except learning japanese

this is why skill is based on speed of learning

if it takes you a week to beat a game versus a night, then you are shit and will always be behind the faster learner