Metroid 2 fan remake release countdown

Metroid 2 fan remake release countdown

metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

2.5 hours until release

TIMEZONES
London (United Kingdom - England) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 21:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Los Angeles (USA - California) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 13:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (USA - New York) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 16:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 22:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Helsinki (Finland) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 23:00:00 EEST UTC+3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Saturday, 6 August 2016, 23:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
Hong Kong (Hong Kong) Sunday, 7 August 2016, 04:00:00 HKT UTC+8 hours
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 7 August 2016, 05:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Sunday, 7 August 2016, 06:00:00 AEST UTC+10 hours

10 years in the making. Loss of data and remake-remake.

Remade in the engine style of GBA titles (I think)

Completely free

No C&D

Metroid 2 will finally be playable

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/6b6ho13qbf9y6ca/AM2R_10.zip
mega.nz/#!VMUjhJ4A!UVflGZvT-sjOORR3Ttw73AhJW1036QvengIShwzm_Fo
youtu.be/tzw3iHCgD3M?t=181
youtu.be/tzw3iHCgD3M?t=446
google.com/shopping/product/2595390208613015826?lsf=seller:6136318,store:15620554657193405979&prds=oid:14071401404333758059&q=blue logitech gamepad&hl=en&ei=2X2mV7WmIoKwmQHk17vwCQ
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-02-15T22:59:00-03:00&max-results=5&start=95&by-date=false
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QPDiJszBFieUVmYmZRVGxxdGM/view?pref=2&pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Made in Game Maker (last time I checked), but they did a really good job at replicating the GBA titles while adding new features
I'm excited, to say the least.

I'm honestly shocked the fans gave Metroid a proper celebration for being around for 30 years than Nintendo themselves. I bet they won't even do a compilation disk like they did for Kirby and Moreo.

Reminder that Zero Mission has the best controls, but doesn't have that exploration aspect Super had. I appreciate you can sequence it break such that you get early Speed Booster, Super Missiles, and Ice Beam, and kill Ridley immediately, without the Varia Suit or Long Beam.

Downside: The optimal paths for speedrunning are hidden and intentional. There is one best developer-designated path

Jesus.

2016 is the year every never ever becomes a forever ever

Return of Samus is perfectly playable you retarded underage faggot.

No it's not lol

Oh, cool.

Nice argument

Underages fuck off

Retards need not apply

this gona be gud

If Metroid 2 is so great, why this remake even exists?

Because it looks better.

Why are you making a thread about something Nintendo is going to DMCA 2 minutes after release?

Because you can download it while you can and share the love.

Fair enough.

Because some people are too underage to get into the original? Same reason they made Zero Mission.

Better download it quickly, then.

Look at all the fucking fan games and ROM hacks floating around and rethink what you just posted. Besides, the damn thing doesn't even have "Metroid" in its name. Why would anyone care?

I'm posting just to laugh at you.

Now the first metroid is actual fucking unplayable. And I like nes games in general.

You just suck

No, controls are bad. After some good games like contra, or uphoria, or fucking mario playing original metroid is impossible.

git gud

OG Metroid was better than Zero Mission.
Obviously not

But it's called "Another Metroid 2 Remake"

Controls are better than fucking mega man.

8 bit megaman is a huge piece of shit all right.
It amazing how it went from unplayable garbage to a perfection that is Zero series.

No, it's AM2R. :^)

Finally, a Metroid game

This is a wait thread, not a bait thread

I only got to the chozo statue by sequence breaking my first time with the wall jump and morph ball bomb jumping. It was harder than i thought it was going to be but very fun. Can't wait to play the whole thing.

It's not? I played it a couple weeks ago.

Alright, I agree the Zero series is fucking perfection, but classic MM is a lot of fun.

BORING

I thought people already knew that wasn't Nintendo doing the DMCAs but some random fucker pretending to be Nintendo.

ONE HOUR LEFT

The projects that got it were those that tried to make a profit with it (using kickstarter, etc.).

I'm nervous that Doc's host won't be fast enough to download it before the DMCA happens 30 seconds later.

Well yeah, but AM2R is free.

FUCK YEAH METROIDO.

Yes, so there's no reason to be worried. inb4 nintendo C&D it anyway for the lulz

if they do i'm never purchasing anyhing from nintendo ever.

It's almost time, anons.

3 0 M I N U T E S

M
I
N
U
T
E
S

Time to make things interesting

Could've at least posted some good art.

Fuck off. Offset by my gif.

I'm helping!

nice

He's pretty big.

Uhhm, no gays welcome.

I always felt funny in Brinstar as a kid when I fell into one

Isn't it bullshit Ridley was never in Smash Bros?

I never really cared.

And your mother never cared either I bet.

Holy shit, time for some more Brinstar or wherever this one is.

SR388

I know what I’m playing tonight!

I doubt someone's mother would carw about Ridley in Smash :^)

Fine I'll share what little I've got, too bad for "muh feminine dick" types it's female

1 minute

THIRTY SECONDS

IT TOOK 9 YEARS TO MAKE

gib

IT'S HERE

IT'S TIME

here we go

mediafire.com/download/6b6ho13qbf9y6ca/AM2R_10.zip
mega.nz/#!VMUjhJ4A!UVflGZvT-sjOORR3Ttw73AhJW1036QvengIShwzm_Fo

ITS OUT

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But I wanted to sleep and masturbate to Ridley
FINE I'll play VIDEGAMES

It's real

Funky soundtrack
Controls aren't ass

Feels weird without a dash button like in Super, though. What upgrades didn't this have compared to Super?

Great

IT HAS RUMBLE

I love it.

Go for hard niggah

Hard mode here as well.
Having a blast

They changed it, it's not acruate.

youtu.be/tzw3iHCgD3M?t=181

There is also a area before this metroids room not in the original.

OH YES THIS IS SO GOOD, SO BEAUTIFUL

The sound the wall heads make when killed is orgasmic

Just got the Spider Ball, shit why hasn't this been in more games

It was in the Prime games, but it worked differently in those since it required tracks.

Also, I always liked M2's spiderball more than Prime's

Yeah, but having locations that say USE POWERUP HERE are always lame

Any way to turn off wall grab and make the jumps the same height as the original, the controls and movement are all wrong in this.

I think you can turn off the wallgrab in the options.

Combed every inch and pixel of the god damn map with the spiderball when I was five years old or whenever it came out. Good times.

Nope, it's going to be a ledgegrab-fest just like Zero Mission.

Oops

You can technically disable the wall grabs via the equipment, but not sure about other shit

A few small cosmetic issues that they'll probably patch, like Chozo statue items being able to be walked through, and the green overlay on the missle select is literally just a muted green rectangle (Super had a neon icon instead)

You can turn off the ledge grabbing in options.

Game is pretty well made. Going to play more tomorrow. Too late today to enjoy it fully.

Anyone know how to swap movement from analog stick to D-pad? I'm using InputMapper with a DS4.

I'm using a generic Logitech controller, either mode works for me

Do you need help finding a rom of the original?

But you don't jump as high as the original so removing it would make it impossible to reach.

I dislike they though the knew better they changed areas added ones not in the original

youtu.be/tzw3iHCgD3M?t=446

Thing like you have to hit this switch to get the energy tank, this was not in the original.

I own the original and my gameboy still.

They promised a faithful M2 with this is not. The movement is all wrong and the areas are changed.

But the only faithful M2 is the original.

I can just walk to the other room and grab the cardtridge itself, what does that have to do with the degree to which they've changed the remake?

You could skate by with walljumping, I guess.

They promised a Zero Mission version of M2, and this is it

InputMapper and DS4 works fine with the d-pad for me.

Also, what are you talking about? You can disable it like any other ability, that's not the same as being able to disable it in the options.

Nothing, that's the point. I played the original yesterday. Still faithful to itself and a good game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They promised a remake a-la GBA. If you don't like it you can fuck right off.

No.

I was so sure that i'd fall into the plants or a passive enemy might have nicked me

I went right past this fucking switch twice, I'm an idiot

Go play it then, you said you even own the original cartdrige. Put some batteries in that GB and fuck off.

This is playable via executable, right?

Yes.

Starbound has a Spider Ball

Wait till the spike ones…

Good luck with the Zetas, then

Changing the movement of the game isn't a small Deviation
Adding extra rooms and switches isn't a small Deviation.

Hah
Metroid M fans are not fans however, and that's objective fact

Thanks bud

Fuck I can't kill the Ruin Guardian

I go through 50 missiles, and the spikes aren't fully closed in, and have to resort to charge beam+bombs

Oh…

You just shoot it
How many fucking Metroid games have you been able to damage a boss without charge shots? Jesus

So is this gonna be the new other m style thread derail? Bitching about a free fan adaptation?

The spike one is the one i was almost murdered by. I played the original a few years back and i don't know the names of most of the creatures. What was the zetas again?

I just killed that without the charge. Where is it?

A "Zero Misson-styled" remake isn't what was promised, people only make the comparison because of the similarity of the spritework. Zero Mission is barely, barely a remake of the original. Prior to demo 1.4.0, AM2R was very faithful to the original game, with very few additions. Then he arbitrarily added more, and more, and now even more in the final release.

Getting your panties twisted and yelling "f-fuck off!" at someone criticizing a game on Holla Forums is fucking bizarre, why are you even here.

The one with the jetpack or the wall motif? Just have to learn the pattern, man, the attacks are color-coded.

Xenomorph-lite

It's in the eastern part of the Chozo Ruins, somewhere

I found it after Spider Ball and before Bombs. I was sad

Huh. In that case, should I play Super Metroid, then? I haven't played through either yet.

Sure, it's a good game. Not a big time investment, either, you can knock it out in an afternoon.

People like you are the reason we can't have nice discussions here.

Why can't you roll along the roof laying bombs like the original, the spiderball is slower so your bombs hit you.

Ho shit, just got Wave Beam

Zero Mission is good. Both Zero Mission and the original Metroid are worth playing.

You could probably have some nice discussions on Reddit.

I agree with you user. Anons who think Zelda 1 or Metroid 1 are actually good piss me off. They may have been hot shit on release, but they play like ass now. The controls kill.

Dude, you are bitching and moaning because it isn't a exact replica with prettier graphics.
This is a remake, for fucks sake. If you want to play the original so hard, by all means, do.

Of course these assholes are here.

Fuck off, stop shitting up thread just because you don't like something, nobody is forcing you to post.

Same shit happened to me, I love wall jumping in super metroid and this.

I am pointing out that he arbitrarily changed things about the game, this is a problem? Why does it trigger you people so much? "I-If you like it just don't play!" "F-fuck off! This is a nice place!" How about you grow a fucking backbone? How about you get acclimated to a place where you can actually criticize a game?

No

To the "haters" (I loathe using that phrase) you could have done a 100% remake on your own, you know? I don't understand the bitching. It's a wonder Nintendo hasn't DnC'd this to oblivion already, be glad you get something that seems decent.

Remember to thank Mark for the wonderful moderation we have.

I'll add that I didn't play the original. Game Boys were rich people luxury.

I hope all the people bitching that it isn't a 1:1 remake enjoy crying themselves to sleep at night while people who actually like video games have fun playing and enjoying the fucking game.

Oh report me, you little faggot, show Mark that talking about a game is "shitting up a thread".

And so was the AM2R guy, before he changed his tune about a year ago.

Halfchan in here trying to shit up discussion of the game already, I see.

thank god Cody doesn't shitpost here

8/v/ is a literal haven from halfchan Holla Forums shitposters

At this point I just blame it on recent 4chan converts whenever I see Reddit brought up in any fashion, "le back le to le reddit xDD" got stale years ago yet here we are

Part of me wishes it was a rom so I could play this on my ezflash

Regardless, I'm fucking pumped to play this after work today. Good luck nigs

God damn persistent checkmarks for sages/spoilers are fucking annoying.

>Jumping into morphball and activating spiderball mid-air to reach the hole in the ceiling after the sentry boss after killing those metroids and coming back
I don't even know if I should have gotten this missile pack or if I needed a power bomb to blow up the door.

So one guy did it, why not just do a 100% conversion on your own? I don't fucking understand this bitching!

Yeah I found that too

Nero a shit

The R2 instant switch is a nice quality of life improvement, but I don't think he realized how much it was going to break the game. At least moonwalking from Super is back.

One guy did it over a course of nine damn years. I am Metroid thread autistic, not decade-long remake autistic.

Your only criticism is that it's different. If you said something was bad or was changed for the worse people might agree with you. But no, you're only complaint is that a remake is remaking some things.

So one guy spent nine fucking year making it and all you have is to bitch about it?

Kill yourself.

Is the instant switch that gamebreaking?

Fuck me, I'm stuck on Arachnus like the fucking scrub I am.

Other than that, the game's fucking good. The soundtrack is fire. Y'all niggas sperging for nothing.

Once he curls into a ball on the ground after screaming, you just have to get into a rhythm of bombing defensively and he'll pop into the things easily

It's one or two, come on now.

It's not my fault that everyone has forgotten what a "remake" is supposed to mean and is completely fine with arbitrary changes to the original. I guess people have only found out about the game recently and weren't following the demos for years, ''which used to be faithful to the original'.

Where the fuck do you think you are?

Was from what I remember from the last demo, lets you vault over things that ledge grabs would have missed

Why can't italicization work like any normal site

Does this statue thing do anything? Also I noticed that when you charge a shot and go into morph ball you release a bunch of bombs. Was that in any of the actual Metroid games?

HD remakes are really pointless for games, as in it doesn't give you any other reason to replay them other than experience new shiny graphix, but in most cases it just plays the same, which begs the question why you shouldn't be playing the original instead. If a remake changes up things to make stuff feel fresh, for better or worse, it's fine by me. At least it does something to justify its own existence. It's not like AM2R is the 'definite Metroid 2 experience' unlike what retards claim Brutal Doom is to Doom.

You, on the other hand, are complaining that it's different. Not different bad or different good, just different. Complaining about changes has about as much value as criticizing cats for not being dogs. Is having more abilities or new levels necessarily a bad thing or something? It's doesn't make it automatically better either, but who knows what its like. Wowee user, it's not the same as the original, what insightful commentary and criticism on the game. Meanwhile, you are confusing everyone's dismissal of your shallow 'criticism' with 'no-differing-opinions-allowed' circlejerking while making a complete fool of yourself. Where the fuck do you think we are?

On full/v/ I've seen that the positivity trumps negativity time after time. It's you who don't belong here.

Day of the rope when

In Super Metroid, yes.

Staying faithful to the original is just as much an arbitrary decision as changing something. Do you have any real complaints yet?

IT FUCKING BEGINS

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO

More useful in this one, though, go up to a wall and do it, the bombs will all line up.

What the fuck are you talking about? Look up "arbitrary".
Yes, the cyborg Chozo with a jetpack is retarded and it was retarded in the last demo too.

The Mediafire link still works, bub.

Fuck Mega.

Huh

As if it wasn't already obvious enough, you just outed yourself as being from Cuckchan. The "veee doesn't play games you guiz only talks about how they used to b gud" meme doesn't apply here. We actually fucking discuss video games here.

It seems it is you who has lost his way into the wrong place, friendo. This "le plebbit" may may has gotten stronger this summer, hasn't school started yet.

Well fuck, now I don't know who I'm supposed to appease.

Reddit crossposting is a real thing, "summer" was debunked a long, long time ago. Way before your time.

thumb hurts too much and it's too late to play further but I can't stop/10

Yeah it's only those damn strayans m8 shirmp on the barby dingo ate mah babeh

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

You can check 8ch's traffic on the front page if you'd like, the only board with a significant increase in unique IPs and PPH is Holla Forums because of the election.

Let's just ignore the passive-aggressive faggot and focus on the game.

That's an ironically passive-aggressive post.

Am I an idiot or is there no option for assigning a run button? I dislike using my analog joystick for digital movement

Does the OP not open by claiming that Metroid 2 is now playable? Is the thread not full of people who say they never played the original and now are glad they have a chance?

You're dismissing frothing-at-the-mouth kneejerk reactions to negative comments to casual dismissal, and you're dismissing observations for criticism. Didn't really see it as criticism until everyone flipped their shit.

Running control is analog, push the stick halfway to walk.

*confusing

Wow I feel rewarded for my exploration

Use a dpad, moron

Australians don't shitpost, they banter in style.

It's the Murricans that always resort to "ironic shitposting" to cover their asses. I'm telling you, the quality of the whole site would drastically improve if we banned all Murricans and Canucks.

That only shows there are almost as many people who can't stand summerfags as there are summerfags themselves.

That's what I'm trying to avoid

I would love to, but I'd also like to be able to switch between walking and running
Is this a 'have your cake and eat it, too' scenario?

So a whole group of people leave and an equivalent number of 13-year-olds take their place? That's wishful thinking.

In what scenario exactly would you want to be able to walk? Just curious.

Even Seamus is getting nervous, but he's a big guy who doesn't afraid of anything.

I just wanna fuck Samus and play video games. Fuck you man I don't shitpost and I'm a Canuck. That's not how it works

Holding R1 makes you move slower. It also locks your aim.

okey its time to fap.

Why would she get nervous? The little alphas are cute.

So I just found Space Jump

WEW

get the varia suit and super jump first, makes it much easier

any more like #3? I ask purely for research purposes

Because I most certainly get a choice in where I was born, or my ancestry. I can't leave either do you know how expensive it is?
Even if I tossed all my crap into a car and drove to another place or got a plane ticket it doesn't mean I'll magically survive, find a job and in twenty years have seven kids. I ain't going anywhere for the moment user, I don't care what my shitty government does, it's bad but I didn't vote for a cuck when it was voting months ago. Don't think one place in this world is worse than another, it's all shit with different problems.

Player velocity is important when it comes to jumps, and it's sometimes it's a good idea to not run at full speed into offscreen enemies.
Besides, the dev felt the need to add a walking animation and allow the player to walk. Therefore, there will most definitely be a point in the game where walking is useful. if not the game is 0/10 not even worth thinking about worse than gone home

That works I guess

it's not a big deal anyways, just wanted to set up controls to be more like SM

Player velocity would be important if movement was momentum-based the way it was in Super Metroid, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

I think it's just a flashy touch. He showed a video a while back about how moonwalking would be useful in the Metroid fights, can't think of a scenario where walking would have been useful.

Well yeah but it's not like you have to broadcast the information, you don't need to know what shitty state I live in.

I didn't say what province I lived in. Doesn't bother me much if people know I'm Canadian honestly, it shouldn't bother people to know if you're American either. Keep stuff like states, provinces specific aspects of your address to yourself of course. So you were American all along who wants to ban everyone and yourself? wew

Speed Booster!

How are you anons doing?

Got bombs, charge and spider ball about after 15 mins of playing. Is this game short or is this normal.

Resting because I'm terrible and keep getting destroyed. Got the hi-jump boots but died on my way back.

Hey, I wasn't the one who said all Americans should be banned. It's not a terrible idea.

Haven't even managed to get back to the game since I alt-tabbed out of it an hour ago.

God knows how many times I've played through the first few sectors anyway, I wish he would let you import old saves from the demos.

This whole thread and the bickering.

The Chozo Statue fight was dope.
DOPE!

The one with the critter? It kicked my ass a few times

That wasn't a Chozo statue, was it user?

I skipped it for now

Played it for about 15 minutes using the keyboard, I'll play it more tonight with a controller since the game starts suggesting so.

This critter? If I remember right they replaced it with its sprite from Fusion.

If it was a flying Chozo statue I'd recommend going back because you skipped a good powerup.

Pastebin is a DMCA honeypot, stop using that shit.

By the way, did anyone figure out this one? Obviously it's related to the locked door, but I can't figure out how to activate it.

No shit, I got my ass kicked and got the Speed Booster and Super Missiles instead

SuperBomb probably

celebrate the most difficult , and rare forgettable game of all games nintendo
nigga please

There's another one of them over here.

this is going to be hotter than normal

Same sprites as those things in Chozodia at the end of Zero Mission, so it will probably be some endgame thing to 100% it.

God help me if they are quick-travel markers

i doubt they are for quick travel, they are always next to locked doors and are likely used to open them somehow.

Oh

No, not arachnus, the chozo guardian

If its an endgame thing then I sequence broke this one. I just went into morphball and taped the bomb button just before I reached the top. There are 3 metroids there, from stage 1-3.

Speaking of weird additions, did you know that a morph ball bomb will blow up if you shoot it?

No, not the ledge at the top of the spikes, this thing. Although you did sequence-break if you got there without the hi-jump boots.

Torizo. That's what I meant.

No one likes you
No one loves you

Oh right, there's a Torizo fight in AM2R now

You're a little late, nice proxy

This guy give me anything or is just the hidden room?

You already went left, nerd

blow up those things in the hidden room and you get the vavira suit

Ah ok, i just wanted to make sure that he didn't give me something aswell.

You've posted so much butthurt in this thread and no one cares. We're too busy enjoying the game and talking about it, since it's a fantastic remake. You're that one person that makes everyone else in the group miserable because you hate everything. So again, fuck off.

You can sit in his hands and pretend you're a powerup

Alpha Metroid Plushie when?

You cared enough to reply to it two hours later after all of the other autists left.
You're the autist derailing the thread, I'm talking about the game.

Just found the research team

Is this dude retarded or desperate for any FPS games on Nintendo consoles?

Well if he's got nothing in his hands then there is nothing to take, except for I think they heal you if you roll up into a ball while in their hands but you probably already knew that.

2 hours later, and your posts are still here. I just got here. Why have you been lurking a thread for a game you hate for hours? Could it be that you're an autistic asshole that hates everything? I guess I was right.

Why would I want to play Metroid 2 but with updated graphics? Metroid 2's graphics were fine plus I've already played Metroid 2.

It's more interesting to see an alternate take on Metroid 2 especially since the original was a little bland compared to the other metroid games, and especially since the Metroid fandom is so goddamn starved for another Metroid game right now.

See filename, any ideas?

From the right

You have to go outside the waterworks building

The building has 4 entrances

If you ask me Metroid 2 could definitely have used the Zero Mission treatment, I couldn't get into it at all unlike all the other Metroids I've played

I let myself die just to see the game over animation. It was pretty good, but lacked the drama of the SNES one.

Lewd game overs are my favorite.

if Metal Gear Solid is so great, why Twin Snakes even exists?

if Twilight Princess is so great, why TPHD even exists?

if Link's Awakening is so great, why Link's Awakening DX even exists?

shall we keep going?

Real talk, why the fuck were there speed booster blocks in the middle of this column?

You didn't post a picture, but shinespark maybe.

Life can be good sometimes.

Can you do the Crystal Flash?

What controller is that? It looks nice

Christ, say one negative thing and you've got to be one of those gosh darn haters, can't enjoy anything. Right, I've been following the development of the game for nine years and playing every demo because I HATE it.

Because it's called "Another Metroid 2 Remake", and it used to be Metroid 2 but with updated graphics.

Then add a new ability here. A hidden item there. A new room here. A scripted fight there. A miniboss there. A new area, Another miniboss. In the past year it's gone from a slightly altered remake to one where you, no joke, get into a cockpit and remotely control one of those robots in the second area to solve a platforming puzzle. The AM2R guy really went off the rails in the last few demos and this is not the first thread where someone has complained about it, although I guess there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of people here who are new to the game and don't know anything about its development.

Ohhh

Thought I did
And that's how I even got there, I had to store charge to get there and break it.

You should take care of that spider

Spiders are an anons best friend.

What is wrong with you

I bet you would complain if we had undersea Hyrule to explore in WWHD too. But know you, you are happy with it being half the game it should be, right?

probably he mean the spider looks like hasn't been eating well

Did you buy a used Wii U?

Anyway to fix this? I really fucking hate using the 360 pad

Wind Waker was blatantly unfinished, there was nothing wrong with Return of Samus when it was released.

PS4 d-pad works fine, what input program are you using?

I'm not using any program.

Just plug and play? Try InputMapper or DS4Windows, then.

alright thanks.

How do I do that? Spider ball?

It went beyond that years ago, as far back as '09. DM64 has described it as a ZM-style remake pretty much since the beginning, otherwise he wouldn't be using the same/similar assets.

Anyone else fight the AI Weapon Core boss yet?

It's a pretty cool fight, the first time I lucked out and killed it almost instantly before I really figured it out. Then I died to something stupid before I could save. Now I can't even touch the fucker

Dunno. It's my coworker's controller, he said he got it on the internet for like 10 bucks or something.
Tried googling these, didn't help.

He was doing a fucking poor job then, because I remember the demo in '09 being a faithful reproduction of the surface down to every rock and enemy placement.

Metroid 2 sucked though. It was badly in need of a re-design, not just a graphical update.

I thought you could only damage the armor with bombs since it said "concussive blasts" instead of "explosives." I died to it twice before I figured out that you could do the same thing with missiles halfway through. 4th time was easy, but I died to an Omega Metroid before I could save.

The last 3 demos have all had ledge grabbing and wall jumping, I don't know what you're talking about.

What year do you think it is? The last three demos all came out this year, you were talking about seven years ago.

ms makes a bunch of gamepads, i've never seen a nice 6 button like yours though

google.com/shopping/product/2595390208613015826?lsf=seller:6136318,store:15620554657193405979&prds=oid:14071401404333758059&q=blue logitech gamepad&hl=en&ei=2X2mV7WmIoKwmQHk17vwCQ

Wouldn't seven years of progress imply changes well beyond a graphical update?

Yeah, but.
What is wrong with having more game?
Even more when it's integrated?

it has a shitload of issues, mainly no ability to shoot down or even crouch shooting make it really fucking rough.

I still beat it

Cheers, user.

FYI, the 1 and 3 buttons are a bit too close to right analog stick for comfort, but I haven't used it so far, just the D-pad and face buttons.

Comfy Saturday night. I need pizza, what two kinds?

Bacon and pepperoni.

mexican and hotdog with egg

Your favorite meat, jalapenos, and pineapple.

It's something that "happens" in the new level

There is some oversight with the balancing. Think about how much less useful the spider ball is now that they've added wall jumps, ledge grabs, and shinesparking. On principle it is also not good to overstuff your game until it's bloated, especially when we're talking about a game which was already fully complete.

Spinach and mushrooms obviously

What year do you think it is? v1.3 was released in 2014, and although I don't feel like scrolling through the entire blog to find the first mention of the power grip, I've gone back as far as 2011 and it's there. If you would kindly stop talking out of your ass that would be fantastic.

god damn it

1.4.1 was the latest demo, then 1.4 before it, and then a few additions to 1.3 before that.
>I don't feel like going back to actually prove my point but you please stop talking out of your ass
No

This shit right there, so simple to get just to fail so many times I was starting to feel like a miiverse mouth breather.

WHEN

da fuck Holla Forums?

fuck

That was a pretty neat one, actually

I didn't have High Jump Boots. I just bomb jumped straight up

You mean give it food and shelter?

You're supposed to use both the spider ball and the bombs you sperg, spider ball doesn't make the bombs crumble.

thought you were supposed to angle bomb jumps with the spider ball
i just bomb jumped to the top anyway

lol i just used space jump.

22 Metroids to go, how are you guys doing?

yes.

Am I the only retard that walljumped on the blocks?

metroid2remake.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-02-15T22:59:00-03:00&max-results=5&start=95&by-date=false
Get fucked, nerd

I tried but Samus kept climbing them instead.

Ridley's a big guy.

Fine, ledge-grabbing was added in 2009, you're right

You can turn off auto-climbing

Here's a blog post from 08. Before when you "tried the demo in 09". It has power grip. Pic related.
metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Funny that.

You're pretty good at pointing things out, point out to me where I made this all about when ledge-grabbing was introduced and not how the remake's become less faithful over time. I'll wait.

Doesn't surprise me. Did you forget to check the part where those are from January 08? The earliest his blog goes?

Cause I didn't forget. Here's a pic of speed booster tiles. Remind me again if the original had Speed Boost. Funny, I only remember it being introduced in Super Metroid. Odd that, yeah?

Now it's your turn to back up everything you've been saying. I'll wait.

Literally the very first thing I said. I understand reading is hard.

It's called "backpedaling", by the way, not back tracking.

NIce meme game doesnt recognize my dpad shit meme game, everytime
nintedo is shit
sega is always better
cant wait for sonicmania

Underrated

There wasn't a playable demo that wasn't a series of corridors with enemies in them until 2011, environment collision wasn't finished until 2010, there wasn't much time for it to be "more faithful" in that time. The first few demos were all of just the first two areas, later areas weren't in a playable state until much later (2013). I'm not sure if you know this, but in game development (especially if you're one guy) you plan out the areas and mechanics well before you actually start work on the game. This release is more or less what DM64's had in mind the last 10 years.

pic

kek.

Huh, weird. Cause you said you tried the demo in 09 and it was faithful here

Now how's that possible? And I do believe back tracking is the right term here, because you forgot to go back and get the "Remember What I Wrote" upgrade.

Metroid Confrontation was essentially a tech demo for AM2R and that's been playable since 2010. Five years is still plenty of time for new things to be introduced. There wasn't always a cyborg chozo with a jetpack, or a mining colony.

Guess my memory's going? Harder to remember seven years ago when seven years doesn't represent half of your life.

Use those spawn holes to grind for health upon restarting (yeah it's annoying).

If you have a 2nd controller* you can also get your current game status to appear in password form without having to kill yourself.

*While guaranteed for the NES version, will be impossible with GBA/ZM version, you need a spare controller for the Wii/Wii U VC version or switch the "virtual controller" in the 3DS version (but with the latter two your probably using the suspend/restore point feature).

I'm not him but that sounds an awful lot like desperation to me. You lost, accept it.

Well now that you told me to accept it, I guess I will. You only have so long before you have to go back to school, after all.

Man, every time I say something, a completely unique definitely-not-on-a-proxy poster comes out of the woodwork a minute later. Pretty fucking weird on a bumplocked thread, too

Whatever you say, pal

Did it really take you three whole minutes to photoshop that?

Yep, and it had all the power ups from Zero Mission. The reason the Zero Mission power ups are important to the discussion here is due to the date they were added into AM2R and your, well, false claims. If they were worked on since the beginning, as is the case as I've proven above, it's pretty evident you're completely full of shit. What's even stranger is that they show getting the power grip upgrade (before it was added as default) in the earliest video the guy did, vid related.

Also, you're lying about the tech demo. The earliest tech demo for AM2R was available in 08, I played it. It mentions it in the description of the video I linked.

Heh, convenient.

I'm enjoying AM2R, so I'm not exactly monitoring this thread with my full attention, just checking in after every metroid I kill. I do find it funny that you've resorted to spouting "youngfag" and "samefag" now that you've been called the fuck out, though.

I'm not necessarily saying you're 14, but you talk like a 14 year old. Girl. A 14 year old girl.

Impressed as I am that you're autistic enough to take the time to go back and check all of this, you and your little buddy need to coordinate better, according to his blog-digging it wasn't until 2011.

And I since I understand reading is really hard, I'll spell it out for you, I never, ever claimed that AM2R didn't have Zero Mission's upgrades. I was entirely talking about map design and the added areas.

Will you faggots stop bickering and enjoy one of the few good vidya that's been released in the recent past?

stop shitting up the thread you fucking faggots

You've clearly never interacted with 14 year-olds over the internet before, they can barely form a sentence. As for me, I doubt any 7 year-olds were following the development of AM2R back in 2009.

As you can see I am. I'm trying to find the power bombs, I can't remember where you get them. Are they in the tower?

I stand by what I said :^)

You can shitpost and play video games at the same time

Been watching this for a while, but claiming photoshop is the point where you've irrevocably lost the argument.

why didn't this guy just redo some of the artwork and sell it on steam

im sure the axiom verge guy made quite a bit of dollary doos

Doesn't really have anything to do with the argument, but I'm not arguing with those quints.

How do i into this? I've spent the past 30 minutes trying with no success.

Check the right side of the room, near the door

Sure thing, cause changing the way the game plays is "faithful", which is what upgrades do unless you want to damage control on that too, was the very thing you have been harping on about. That's some poor word usage there, lad.

You speak about "map design and the added areas" when speed boost and speed boost tiles were worked on from the start, as I showed above. That's a pretty significant change for M2, as it was in Zero Mission. What would be the intent of having it in there if not to have map changes and added areas? That's one I'd love for you to explain. And likewise, power grip opens up more layouts which he went for from the beginning.

Yet somehow you have this idea that it was meant to be faithful from playing "tech demos" which you obviously didn't cause from the start it was pretty evident that it was going to be a Zero Mission take on M2 just by the upgrades. Don't really think there's more to discuss other than just laugh now. What I don't get though is that it's whatever to not like a game, but why lie while doing so? I mean, outside of all the baiting, but it's a pretty autistic and odd thing to lie about.

Could've just said the original was better and I would've agreed with you on that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was almost certain that saying "it's gone from a slightly altered remake" would forestall this kind of autistic outburst from somebody with no reading comprehension, but, well, here we are.

God damn I'm blind. Thanks mate.

and finished
had a bug after the last fight which made me fall from screen after exiting room, had to reset the game and do it again

That's why I stated new upgrades, like speed boost, is a signifcant change cause it is. But, well, here we are. :^)

The whole thing? Impressive. How was the Queen fight?

Not as significant as adding in an entire new god damn area.

Little more to the right

You mean like ones you can get to only with speed boost or using it to shinespark, which is one of its main purposes? You mean like how I said

Seriously, feel free to keep trying I guess. Amusing at least.

Heil Ridley!

It's like I'm really watching the intro to Fusion

I'm not talking about an extra room here or there, that was just an extra step on the way, I am talking about an entirely new area. I feel like I just keep repeating myself at this point.

Yeah you got it

wont spoil the battle itself, but it was pretty nice
queen took quite a bit punishment, but wasn't that bad once you got hang of the fight
pic is my end result but if you dont wanna watch it (it's not that special screen anyway), I got 95% and 4:31:08

yeah that was cool touch

I hate to ruin the mood, but I think that sprite art is based on Samus' Other M model

daily reminder to sexualize the samus

Just the arm cannon, but yeah it bothered me in the intro.

Was I supposed to find the gravity suit in the distribution center? I cleared the whole area without it but it feels wrong to complete a water area without getting the gravity suit.

Avoid the water until you get it, duh

yeah

I found it, that was a neat little side-thing

Unfortunately I killed 2 gamma metroids under water before I got the gravity suit

sounds like pain in the ass, then again supers do wonders
does the gamma's electric attack damage you under water even if you dodge it?

also some of the robots in the game break if they go to lava, kinda nice touch

Eh, I had enough missiles and e tanks that I could just spam them until they both died
No, but that would have been a nice touch if pretty annoying

Well then

Can't you just run right back out of the room? You could for most of the tougher fights in the original.

No, because you get locked in a small map loop after triggering the area to open from killing another Metroid

Oh, that one

Why don't all Metroid games have optional areas/bosses?

Oh I don't have to actually shoot the Queen on her outstretched neck, that's good

Oh geez

Oh… geez…

…..

Where are the lewd end cards, though?

Probably beat it in under 3 hours

Can't find the last missing 5 items though.

Anyone know how you're supposed to get past this? It's the one past a power bomb wall. It looks like the only option is to use a shinespark, but it doesn't last long enough to even get through he door, let alone use a bomb.

there's a platform floating in the large open area outside. You have to go out there, shoot the door, get a speed boost going, shinepark through the door onto the ramp, crouch, then shinespark through that wall.
Zero Mission is full of shit like that.

Pretty much

Remember that if you spark into a sloped floor, you can re-crouch to hold a new charge

I didn't know you could do that. Now how am i supposed to do it downwards?

use sanic spindash

Never mind I got it, you just have to use it on the slope before the blocks so you aren't too high up when you go past them.

Damn hell, and I only doing to pastime with family, which I know is more important.

Maybe when I get back, I'll just post the IPFS hash, if someone doesn't do it first.

Soo hungry.

Anyone beat the game in less than an hour for the true ending?

my nigger

That was a solid 9/10 remake.

There were a few things that made me scratch my head and go 'was this necessary?' but overall it didn't detract from the overall experience. It was weird getting space jump and screw attack so soon in a metroid but then again, it was also kinda nice having all that time getting used to how it worked.

Music was great, atmosphere was great. Im just sad it was over so soon.

Still waiting for the sexy end cards…

Is it just me or are the omegas a bit underwhelming? They're way harder than zetas sure, but I expected more of a difficulty spike.

is there a easy way to deal with gammas? they keep on the same height level as samus and i can't hit unless i enter inside their hitbox.

they drain 3 fucking tanks from me before i can kill them.

2 super missiles.

i try that with every single gamma, the missiles miss their mark always because the fucker is always on the same height level as samus, and even if i get inside his hitbox you need to spam 2 to 3 missiles to hit it.

zetas in the demo weren't even half as hard as these motherfuckers.

2 supers will always kill them. Just run right up to them, aim diagonally up, tank a hit and murder them instantly.

the problem was that only had 2 supers to begin with.

anyway, passed them and now fighting the zetas in the tower, i have a feeling i should've more supers than the 4 i have now, is there any supers hidden in secret areas before the tower?

Some guys were talking about some invicibility glitch when you get one of the suits, like samus sprite dissapears from the screen did this happen to you guys?

I reached the green crystal mines and reached a dead end where the mining tool got stopped by a green gem. Where do I go from here?

The difficulty kicked in a bit more after getting space jump and these fucking disgusting-looking legged metroids started becoming the normal enemy. At least playing on keyboard it's a it more difficult tha I thought.

The guardian fight was fucking sick.

Neat they made a torrent: drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QPDiJszBFieUVmYmZRVGxxdGM/view?pref=2&pli=1

My phone won't let me copy th BTIH

Muh first ever quints.

I found an early way to the missiles with bomb jumping over the ruin guardian area.

for anyone that doesn't know, there are some new moves in the game to help ya.

this one you just need to hold down when charge bombing.

I don't even have the charge beam and i just used the normal sequence breaking moves from zero mission like here

Is anyone else having issues with the space jump in the guardian fight? I can jump around fine in the room before it awakens, but as soon as the fight begins a lot of inputs just don't get it for some reason. Am I retarded?

didnt have problem with guardian, but I wondered too if the game sometimes missed my inputs with spacejumping

[Checked]