Do you know a single person still playing The Division?

Do you know a single person still playing The Division?

Do you know anyone still touching this? are you touching this shit?

I can't name another game in recent memory that fell off the grid so fast, even Destiny still gets mentioned by people playing it now and then.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online
moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online/news/closed-beta-test1
vocaroo.com/i/s1ikmV4PeOfV
youtube.com/watch?v=GUNTZY2WTUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know a single person who played it in the first place.
I don't know many people.

Can someone remind me what that game is? I honestly forgot it existed. With Watch Dogs I remember how shit that was but not this because I never bothered.

No.
I expected it to be shit, but I really liked the idea of SHTF in NYC and being a some fag with a hoodie, a backpack, and maybe a rig fucking around in New York. Shame they went the route of Destiny.

I played it at launch and was surprised how barely there the whole virus deal was. Once in the dark Zone i died running into a place i didnt have the filter level for yet. Thats it. Where were the plague victims?

why are all ubi games so forgettable
not even joking, when I think of what AAA schlock is ubi never comes to mind

Lack of style that defines them? Even Blizzard has a style you know on sight.

So it's basically a lamer, full priced version of Warframe?

Most of modern Ubishit games seriously are the same exact game. Sometimes I hear they do something good like the recent Rayman games, Red Steel 2, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Blood Dragon and apparently the new Rainbow Six, but that's it.

Kind of? i mean to its credit it looks pretty good. Walking around a disastrous new york with strewn about and trampled decorations for christmas and snow covered biohazard equipment is really atmospheric in an almost new vegas style 'i wonder what lead to what im seeing' environmental storytelling.

Any game that had a massive marketing budget is shit, but whenever they make a "side-project" they're usually surprisingly good.
If only they made their bigger games as good.

It's a shame it had to be Ubisoft developing it. I could go for some tacticool online shootan 'n lootan action.

moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online

Holy shit, that is pretty accurate

That actually sounds cool right there. I just wonder if it would be a better game without that annoying online requirement and was focused on co-op instead of trying to be some MMO.

I'm guessing the side projects are the only things that have love in them, and the bigger games are only there to fund those.

It's really that lackluster?

Most of my frienda are normalfags and play shit tier games but don't even touch Ubishit games.

they're probebly all single persons, since anyone with entry level dating abilities have a life, and don't play shitty vidya

Technically Ubi does have a style that shows in their non-cartoony games. It's just… boring. The fact that their non-cartoony games look the same is boring, fucks sake even For Honor from the leak some user my first thought just from the graphics was "yep thats a ubi game"

They share too much between studios. Hell, every Ubi game uses the same fucking look for their UIs. They're so damn stupid it hurts.

Why is anyone hyped for WD2? The first one had a comfy setting and had the potential to be fun but the execution was absolutely horrible.

Well Breencore games are hard to come by.

AAA games are now bait and switch preorder scams. They don't care about playerbase and sustainability, they make the most of their profit in the first week of release through preorder and hyper and then drop the game in autopilot with a skeleton crew.

Then on to the next scam. The sad thing is that it works, Watch Dog 2 should never have been hyped at all after the first one but normalfags have been raised into the perfect consumer whores and can't think 2 minutes for themselves.

Ubi reusing shit in general is probably their biggest crime.

Gotta climb up that tower…

They aren't interested in the game, they're interested in how hip and trendy they'll look when everyone finds out they bought the game. Then they can tell all their friends "No, I don't play Call of Duty. I play games like Watch_Dogs 2. It's about hacking. You've probably never heard of it."

Please tell me this isn't a pipe dream

gave me a little laff

Its dead user let it go

Should be renamed to Bullet Sponge Online.

what is division? Another gearsofwar game? sorry, to lazy to google that.

Well at least there's a ray of hope.

moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online/news/closed-beta-test1

Hes gonna get mauled by a bear again, its dead.

Anyone have the archive of that one "journalist" crying about getting kicked over and over from different groups? It was pure gold.

what is the division? never heard of it.

I heard it's bullet sponge bore fest like Destiny.

At least with a futuristic theme, it's a tad more convincing. A giant tin can can take some bullets.

But you know they fucked up with this game when bullet sponge is the only way they can create progression. Looks like Wildlands is also some hipster "creative" take.

I remember playing the first Ghost Recon on the Xbox. Must have been some 12-14 years ago now. Get hit once or twice and you died and had to do the mission from the start again.

In other words, if you fucked up, then fuck you.

Games aren't like that anymore. And with health regen and checkpoints everywhere now established as the industry standard for the last 10 years, normalcy bias makes it okay with the average consumer.

tl;dr tactical shooters and their eventual offshoots are all fucked since the last decade.

The irony is delicious.

Isn't it Tom Clancy's Destiny?

Important

I got a key for it today, but don't know if I should download it.

Sell it

where ?

Since I need an excuse to test my mic out anyway
vocaroo.com/i/s1ikmV4PeOfV
don't bully me, it came with my buddy's new headset and was meant to be plugged into it. I have it plugged into a weird extension thing I found, which is plugged into my case.

Kinguin and g2a let you sell keys.

I know but these are auctions and they take a while.

You could always try Steamtrades or something like that. Maybe find someone willing to swap another game for it.

Andrew ?

Good idea but it's a Uplay key. Maybe I find someone who will trade it for Rainbow 6 Siege.

No
Try in stores if you want it. I found the collector's edition for $20 in Wal-Mart. PC version. Bought it for my brother.

I know exactly someone that has that smug voice.
I'm not that keen on getting Six Siege but I bought a new keyboard from Logitech today and The Division came free with it.

Oh, I was just talking smug on purpose. I didn't actually listen to it because I hate how I sound on recordings.

because post 19th century France as a whole is forgettable.

I didn't know it was a Korean MMO.

I personally know one person who still plays this and he's one set of fingerless gloves away from being the biggest beta fedoralord stereotype on the eastern seaboard. I use him as an inverse gauge of what to be interested in. If he likes it, it's shit. If he hates it, it's awesome.

I used to know a few people like that. But I pretty much dropped out of society after college, except to work.

He's a coworker on my "team." I have to put up with this shit every day.

Thankfully I can ignore most of mine. I just fix their computers and go back to my little office. Used to be an intern I shared it with and she was alright.

ubisoft the king of downgrades

Tom Clancy has always been dodgy, now that he isn't around in the sense that he was, extra dodgy.

Too much so.

Ironically I think his change of heart killed him.

Rainbow 6 Patriots for example and The Splinter Cell series etc. He was coning good and realising saving the world was duty not fortifying parasites.

In death all his stuff has become full traitor. Hsnd rubbers wet dreams, they want to be treated like the good guys, too bad they don't actually want to be them.

Not interested in it. In providing essentials sure, no problem doing that and shooting whoever tries to set a toll bridge.

No problem at all. Could be a good game.
Media fucked off, education, govt all that. People wonder what power is or was, dumb fuckers then doing good, because that is what is going.

Take all parasites aside and save the world from their contact. Pretty much every one.

People doing things, no money involved. Nothing sold. Do things for yourself and pass them on to what will care for them and make them better.

Shoot every fucking pretend american in sight. Shalom, salam, hello, no. Things getting better all the time, saving only detracts. A shame to lose beauty, but it continues. People prevented from talking about old times.

People that don't like what the world becomes can change it. If they consider the past perfect then try to recreate it in games or a community.

I'd never try to maintain mental institutions, labs, prisons, torture camps, unis etc etc. That gets fucked off good. Looters reminded they aren't characters in a script set up by scum. It's free or it's a piece if shit. Shops should be emporiums (?) little ecosystems where the stuff there belongs and is cared for. If people want to take them away they need to deserve them. No greed. Do things by passion.

Wouldn't mind a game about doing it hard against impossible odds. Cops and co trying to victimise people etc. Shooting those cowards. People acting stupid turned into human beings. Protests, riots etc have a shitload of people who could be the solution to what they complain about, forced to build it, other people have their own ideas to build and things to care about. Their fake shit is petty. Greed mostly. Usually rewarded.

Would be nice for a game about looking after the few good people not sold out to all the shit around.

Shooting is a bit extreme there. But cameras and such is far from acceptible too. Could be a challenge to keep them away from all the things against them more bullshit just more seperation from them, distinction as nothing like it. Also heartening that none of that cowardice is considered powerful. Life worth risk.

Good stuff focused on the rest doesn't exist.

Pretty strange that.
Do something great. Then get rid of it.
Wrong obbviously.

Do it and that's it, change it by adding more.

Game would be near unplayable on consoles at 1080p. So use 480x270. Whatever res can display what they've done.

Ignore scene parasites, they are no authority, even of themselves. Just repeating advertising.

Low res and high quality is what is impressive.

Game world needs to exceed what can be seen. Should be unable to get close enough to textures to see pixels (unless that is part of the style).

Should release it on PC first. Use mods and tweaks for console release. Most would prefer a simple complete experience and buy the console version.

Encouraging PC users to mod it prettier should be the standard process. Get people talking about it and when it comes to consoles for everyone nobody can say it is better on another playform, PC users responsability to make the console version great.

Mass Effect for the 360 for example would have been better at 60fps, higher res textures for everything. Lots of post processing and more effects. 320x240 with black bars for widescreen, a stretch option for 4:3 tvs. Looks better stretched.

Point is consoles can definately do what is shown in previews. How is mostly lower res.

What's your primary language? Just curious.

I have a friend who still plays it, we did the beta together and while it turned me off the game completely he fell in love with it. He does all the daily stuff, and is max rank/level/whatever it is. I swear he does it just to spite me. I'd invite him to play something else and he would reply with "too busy killing people with this 1200 ping"
He knows all the faults and despite that manages to have fun in the dark zone and enjoys getting the meta weapons even with the rng it apparently has.

I gave up playing when they made the game 3x harder and the grind 10x worse

And rope cutting, because securing your loot wasn't hard enough

Doesn't matter anyways, after they split up players by loot score so ppl in epics couldn't run around killing ppl in blue's all day long everyone fucking left because taking away griefers toys in a griefer heaven killed the game

I mean they could split the dark zone into PVP and PVE versions and everyone would come back (As the forums tell anyways) but Ubisoft are fucking retarded and listening to feedback is never their strong point

Now that you people mention it, what the fuck happened to Destiny?

Same dealio with The Division

Increased the grind massively instead of just giving the player more loot/gear to get

At least Destiny I can kill a mook with a quarter of a clip, vs 8+ clips in The Division

Its amazing how far this game has fallen

I would be surprised if this game still had a playerbase, the longer I played the less I enjoyed it.

At the start it was just a typical cover based shooter which I can still enjoy if its well put together, but as it goes on the enemies just take ridiculous amounts of shots to kill.
You just sit there behind one piece of cover, popping out and unloading your entire mag into their face at least a dozen times for a TYPICAL enemy.

By the time I reached max level I just went back to lower level missions where I could actually kill the enemies in a realistic amount of bullets again just to try and have some fun, but of course you don't get jack shit for doing those missions so its completely pointless to go back to them.

The game should have been surviving in a NYC plagued by sickness and civil war. You and your group sheltering up in some shitty apartment in Brooklyn to survive the cold night. Your team fighting another team over just a bottle of water.

The game would have been better if it had been a single player, non-linear, TPS/RPG hybrid.

it could have been much more.

3rd person ruined the suspense.

watch dogs was better than gta v

Сука Блять

My ideal Division would have Rainbow Six 3 tier realism. You get shot in the leg? guess what now you are limping and need to go bandage and treat it. Get shot in the head? nigga u ded.

Remove the diablo 3 loot and make it scavenging in the city to build up your home base while surviving the pandemic in the streets.

I don't know anyone that has played the division, period.
Am I the only one?
I don't think the game did that well in either normalfag or more dedicated circles to be honest

Someone good with statistics should correlate the initial population and how long they last to the amount of advertisement bux spent on these garbage week-and-done games so we can shame people next time around.

They already did, The Division has had a 93% drop off since launch.

Where did they find population numbers?

Its an online game, give it a month and some autist will have a site pulling numbers to let everyone know he is TOP.FUCKING.PERCENTAGE. in it.

Its funny how the devs hate them so much

and so on.
Meanwhile

That ones a fucking anomaly.

I made this point in another thread, but I don't think Overwatch actually has that amount of players. With 15 million accounts were talking about a worldwide phenomenon, a game also largely played by normalfags too.
I've heard normalfags talk about both Fallout 4 and Pokemon go, but I age yet to see one talk or even just mention overwatch.

I think blizzard might have just inflated their numbers a little bit. I'm sure the game is a success, I just don't think it's that much of a success.

Every fucking normalfag I know plays Overwatch, sorry to disappoint you user.

Guess it might just be a country thing then.

It doesnt have a demo, gotta play to play niggs.

If it reaches the point Holla Forums has a daily general for a quarter of a year its not flash in the pan.

I think its here for the duration.

Nah, normalfags here are also playing Overwatch. I don't think it's dethroning TF2 or DOTO though.

I dunno man, 15 million is F2P numbers and TF2 has been on a slow decline for a while. If it hasn't yet i could see it usurping TF2's 9 year throne on waifushit alone.

Funfact: TF2 has never been in decline. It has had the same dedicated community of 60k/70k players that play it every day.

I bought this game when it came out because Destiny was having a content drought and I thought this would scratch the itch. I think the main problem with it is that they forgot to implement an endgame (or decided to sell it separately later).

You play through the story missions and they're okay. You do side missions around the city to get the different branches of your base running and that's fun to do with friends. You can go into the lower-bracket Dark Zone areas and get some EXP and not-so-great loot, but it's something to do.

Then you hit level 30 and there's nothing new for you to do. You can replay story missions on "Challenging" mode for High-End gear drops, but those missions are the same as the missions you played before except that everything is a sponge and can kill you in one shot. Finishing those missions is like banging your head against a brick wall.

You can also do the higher-bracket Dark Zone areas but, again, that's not new. You could do that before. The difference is that now the named NPCs drop Phoenix Credits, which you can use to buy High-Ends from a vendor with a rotating stock or reroll an affix on a piece of gear. You rarely get High-End drops from those NPCs and the loot you actually will get is not worth getting ganked over.

Speaking of Phoenix Credits, the developers of this game didn't put much thought into how fast you could grow after level 30, or how much time people were willing to put into the game. Less than a week after the game launched they nerfed the amount of Phoenix Credits that NPC drop by about 70%, and the week after that they nerfed the amount of Dark Zone EXP you get from killing NPCs. Every other day they nerfed something you need to grow, so it ended up being the poopsockers who got all of their gear in the first couple of days ganking everyone trying to catch up in the Dark Zone.

Quebec will pay for giving the world Ubisoft

More like feel the Breen.

That would be a pretty cool game, spec ops team in open world spic shithole, if it wasn't made by Ubisoft and if didn't know it was going to be pozzed as humanly possible.

The most fun i had in the Dark Zone was standing on the roof of a department storys 3rd story with a rifle headshotting rogues attacking low level players. It suddenly became the punisher simulator.
Knowing Ubi that roof is probably walled off now because of hurt feelings from triggered rogues.

Just torrent dead island and pretend its the rio olympics.

For as long as I was playing the endgame was just farming the same named NPC for hours for their random drops. Someone would discover that there's a boss that respawns every time you die, they'd make a leddit post about it, and people would camp that area with their friends for hours killing that boss over and over. Then Massive would make it so that boss doesn't respawn anymore, and someone would find a different boss that still does. Repeat. People were having to camp behind cover for hours shooting the same enemy over and over again to get their gear because every intended method of getting gear was impractical by comparison.

Later on they added an actual endgame activity, the Incursion. I stopped playing before then but it looks like you're just in a room fighting a horde of bullet sponges who can one-shot you, which is the most I expect from this game.

I will say that the combat was a refreshing change of pace from Destiny for a while. Crowd control and healing/support don't really exist in Destiny so the encounters play out very differently. The problem is that when you start doing "endgame" content every encounter is just popping Smart Cover on a road barrier while someone else drops healing packs and someone else snipes all of the sponges.

Calling The Division "third person Destiny" is incorrect and frankly insulting to Destiny. In terms of loot and how character optimization works it's almost identical to Diablo III. Even the "Recalibration Station" in Division follows the exact same rules as the Mystic in D3. In terms of combat it is unique could be a bit more like Warframe since synergy between abilities is a big deal, but since Massive's only way of making the game harder is to give more enemies full health and make them one shot you the combat is not allowed to shine.

Didn't help that once you clear the story the city outside the dark zone becomes redundant. Theres rumours of a DLC where the DZ expands into Central Park and it becomes an INNWOODS simulator and that might interest me again.

Shame the opening video was so cool and made me excited for societal panic but the city is just a ghost town.

I still check in on the game whenver a new update is supposed to come out but it sounds like the people playing it still hate it. There are no fair challenges, just waves of juggernauts that will kill you by looking in your direction. They even increased the rate at which NPCs throw grenades so that you can't camp behind Smart Cover, which is the only viable way of beating anything. When I played the game it was boring but now it looks like straight up anti-fun.

Thats why i havent touched it, but the city just looks so good and exploring it was fun till you see everything i would just love more of that. Obviously with a more realism/anti bullet sponge approach.

Destiny got less grindy for PvE and more grindy for PvP. In PvE it's easy to hit max Light and you can do specific things to get important Exotics like Black Spindle and Raze Lighter, but if you want a PvP weapon with the perfect perks then you're better off chasing after a real-life gun to shoot yourself with.

Do you know a single person who actually played it, OP? If so, you should kill yourself for being so close to a deadly infection.

Normalfag cousin mentioned it while having no idea what the game actually was, he was confused due to the moba shooter aspect of the game.

GTA5 is awful but watchdogs is bug ridden and flat all around.

I played it for a while because the Dark Zone actually showed a lot of promise. It struck a nice balance where you get the satisfaction of killing people and taking their stuff but the victim didn't lose so much that they wouldn't come back. I dropped it when it became clear Ubishit had no idea how to run a loot system. Max level gear has no business being as rare as it was when the stat distribution on it is also random and so 99% of the gear you pick up is worthless. It also had some balance issues, but at least Ubisoft was making some progress toward fixing that. They didn't understand the loot issues at all.

When I was playing afew months back, (like just before the tunnel expantion) it was only niggers and snaggletooth brits I'd ever get autoque grouped with… it felt like no one else played it.

I somewhat enjoyed it up until cap and darkzone, community sucks balls.

It was okay at best

And it really is quite amazing how they manage to consistently fuck it up at every opportunity.

AssCreed is the prime example of this. Here they have an IP that gives them the ability to set the plot at any point in time, in any geographical location, with wildly different characters, and thus gameplay styles, and what do they default on? Shitting out the same broken mess of a game, year in, year out.

They got so bad they even started cannibalizing other projects (namely the pirate game AC4 was supposed to be initially) to feed their bullshit franchise.

The only good thing one can say about Ubisoft is that, unlike EA or Bethesda, they usually shit up their own creations instead of violating those of other people.

What was wrong with Rayman? I liked it.

If by single you mean alone - yes.

"Playing the division" is what I call scrubbing my choda.

Overwatch lost 60-75% of its players since launch. However, the remaining people spend hilarious amounts of cash on crates. OW is making ACtiBlizz a shitload of dosh.

Division was always doomed. Massive, the company making it based in Sweden, has been getting fucked over by Ubi for years with constant design change requests, staff churn, and everything else. They've been bleeding employees since 2013 and replacing them with inadequate goobers.

We don't even care about WD2. Back during E3, the reveal stream for the new Destiny expansion had twice as many viewers at least as the reveal stream for WD2. It's going to tank.

Source: I work for Activision.

Forgot to include this:

Proof? If you want to post timestamped proof you could trip and become our man on the inside. Could make for a lot of interesting threads and despite the inevitable sperging it would be the correct use of a name/tripcode.

I'm lying in bed, user. I'm not posting shit. Believe me if you want, or don't.

But I post on Holla Forums all the time and have for years.

Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer what I can.

Without giving yourself up what do you actually do for them? Are you directly employed or a contractor?

Damn.

I work in Publishing for the big offices in Cali. Marketing-type stuff. Reviewing competing games, looking at their release and marketing plans; shit like that.

So the team I'm on spends a lot of time looking at competing products.

So you are one of the guys that say "survival horror is in, make that"?

I know someone who bought it when it came out, and played about five hours then got tired of it.

He has dozens of these, buying games at "discount" still for 30-40 euros from G2G or something, plays for couple hours and then gets another, then complains how he has no money.

There is no guy who says 'Make X.' We provide trends and information to tons of layers of suits and managers and they look at what studios are under the Acti umbrella and what they can make. Acti then sees if there are projects they can fund that could turn into good investments.

We also do a shitload of licensing. You'd be amazed how much those stupid Cabella hunting games make, for instance.

Gee I wish 4000 people would be playing my game…

So how is a game born? Do various studios make proposals that are sent to the suits?

Our big studios are self-directing; same with our partners. If Blizz or Bungie want to make a game, we review the business case and all that, but generally let them go ahead since we'll make cash back and then some.

And yes, in general, other studios make proposals that get sent upstairs. A lot of the ones we work with are entrenched in a given franchise or product line, or we send them licensed game work that comes to us from the outside. Work for hire studios usually don't decide what they work on unless they're really successful.

I'm just saying that even if he works there, you can't really count on information he provides like this.

I used to work for EA marketing too, and never in the life of me would I say I could answer those questions with anything else than hearsay, rumors and guesswork.

One can say it has been divided by zero

Fair skepticism. I'm up the chain a bit, so I've got a broad exposure. And I travel and go to shows all the time. Talking with devs at those shows gives you more insider information in 30 minutes than five years of articles by that idiot Pachter.

Fair enough.

I remember in France they shilled the fuck out of this game by having our biggest e-celebs hyping it and playing it in a ubi event livestreamed to all the normalfags but even with that I don't know many people that ever cared about this game.

I don't know many people that play videogames though so idk.

I played the beta and got to level 8 which was the max in the beta and I felt like I had seen everything there was to see.

What I hated the most was the shitty fucking MMO combat they crowbarred in

Like some other user said, it would have been better if the combat was more realistic. Maybe not dying in one shot because then snipers would just wipe everyone out, but it shouldn't take 50 rounds of 7.62x54 to kill someone, especially with them tanking headshots.

Nobody I know plays The Division, and this is from someone who plays normalfag games like Destiny.

Who is that even supposed to be? Norman?

So only person I know who bought doesn't really play videogames either.

Bet they wish they could tweak that random event generation a little huh?

Shit doesn't work like that, nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=GUNTZY2WTUQ

The Division wasn't what it was supposed to be

They sold out

You're the scum of the fucking earth, boyo.

Nvidia was giving away the game with new video cards for a while. I ended up playing it because I had just finished a new build and got the game for free. Endgame is literally a pissing contest between groups of trolls stealing gear from one another in the dark zone, because there's nothing else worth doing.

I bought a 970 back in March and got a copy for free with it. Played it for 20-ish hours (mostly for work) and ragequit when I got killed by a guy with a yellow health bar who charged me. One of those faggots in a hoodie that can tank shotgun blasts to the face but then kills me in half a second with three shots from his SMG.

Fuck the game.

Typical.