Hardware thread

Looking for some recommendations for:

What's the lowest price an acceptable headset can be acquired for?
No meme "gaming headset" shit please.

Other urls found in this thread:

installgentoo.wikia.com/wiki/Headphones
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anything from Unicomp that is based on the IBM Model M

You need a $11,000 gaming chair.

I use the cheapest shit, but I need a mechanical keyboard or I just feel the inputs won't connect.

Get a mechanical keyboard, I recommend Cherry Brown switches but it's up to you.

Mice are pretty easy. Get one that's well built without all those bullshit buttons and which doesn't require special drivers. If you feel fancy get a mouse with some thumb buttons like the old Microsoft optical mouse.

Headset really depends on how much of an audiophile you are. If not, just get something comfortable. Again, no propriety drivers. 9/10 when using them and the headset fucks up and needs to be unplugged and replugged in it's because the drivers are fucking up.

Is there any reason at all to get a fucking glowing keyboard? Seriously it always looks like casual fodder. The only reason I can think of for getting one is to see the keys in the dark but people should know how to not type like retards. I see no practical use for them otherwise. It just seems like more clutter.

Just get some headphones and a little clip-on mic.

Last I checked, Panasonic HTF600's are like $30 and they give me some really good sound quality, especially for the price.

Corsair makes reliable and not-overpriced shit. The K70 is a great keyboard and their mice are all under $100 and very durable. Though in truth even a cheap-ass $10 mouse from Microsoft is sufficient.

Get a stand-alone mic, no more than $30 unless you're rolling in dough. Get some nice headphones from one of the guides on /g/'s wiki.

installgentoo.wikia.com/wiki/Headphones

Recently bought a roccat kone military (it's a better sensor than on the other kones) in replacement of my IE3.0, dying of old age.

I have big hands and use fingertip grip.

I'm as happy as I can possibly be, this mouse is just the right size for this, it's also lightweight and has a nice mat finish, holding up well so far ( a couple of months ).

Got it new from FNAC (french store) for 30 euros, with roccat mousepad included
apparently they wanted to get rid of it

I wanted the Naval color, but of course at this price they only had Camo left.

Corsair hardware is only slightly more reliable than Razer hardware. It's usually not worth the money.

Is that a mouse or a fucking Transformer?

I want a hard mousepad cause the soft ones pick up dirt. Any recommendations for hard pads?

I'm not even phased by gore anymore, but heart-shaped pupils on 3DPD makes me want to fucking vomit.

This.
If you're into mechanical keyboards and want good quality go for it. The prices are pretty good too. Unfortunately you don't have all these gaming extras like macro and additional buttons.

I can't tell you what you should buy but I can tell you wha I have. I like things that are ergonomic and have a lot of configurable buttons.

Mouse: Roccat Tyon Black. I like a lot of buttons and it's perfect for FPS like BF.

Keyboard: Logitech G710+. It's a mechanical with brown cherry Fx switches. It's in my opinion one of the best gaming keyboard logitech has built, because the new one are garbage, especially the G910.

Headset: Logitech G230. Audio quality is ok for the price and it's comfy to wear.

Reminder: DON'T BUY RAZER UNLESS YOU WANT OVERPRICED GARBAGE AND INSTALL MANDATORY SOFTWARE THAT CRASHES EVERY 1O SEC.

I got a WASD V2 recently, quite like it.

Don't. Get regular headphones and a Logitech desktop mic.

How's the Logitech G430, anyone know or have it?

Before I forget it, if you have the money get a Das Keyboard 4. I've never seen a sexier keyboard than this.
Look at those curves & edges fam

He doesn't want Let's Player shit.

You can never go wrong with Logitech if you buy above a certain price range. A friend of mine has it and he says it's better than the Razer Kraken 7.1.

Well I don't watch LPers so I don't know what Let's Player shit would be, pleb.

What is actually a good office chair? I saw what looks like a decent one at FUCKING WALMART, but fuck going to Walmart for anything.

The newer logitech mouses are pretty good. Just get one that is actually wired though. I wish they still made the g400s.

For keyboards, I would recommend either a ducky legend, a logitech keyboard, or a 6g/v2 depending on your budget and if you have. My favorite switches are probably red or brown. MSI makes pretty good headsets if I remember right.

Get the Markus meme chair from Ikea

I hope you're not serious. It's two hundred bucks and looks like a bag of ass.

anything sennheiser, even their $15 shit is good.

apple earbuds for $30 are good, not even baiting.

mouse, go with anything zowie or steelseries. avoid Logishit and Memezer. Mionix is okay too.

keyboard..anything with Cherry switches is good, no need to pay extra for meme gamer brands. Ozone makes good ones for under $80.

grow up

If you're an extreme poorfag or aren't willing to fork over fifty to a hundred bucks for a mouse, the Redragon Centrophorus is pretty good and it's only fourteen dollars. It definitely feels a little cheap and looks dumb as hell with the lights, but I like it. It also comes with adjustable weights if that's your thing.

kill yourself

and 500$ tinted gaming shades
Beats Headset

have you read anything of what I actually wrote, or you just stopped at the grill ?

I said I had an IE3.0, an original one I was using for > 10 years straight, the roccat is a replacement.

I had the double clic issue, fixed it multiple times by bending the omron back into shape, but I think it's just getting tired now, I have to do it more often, so I finally switched.

I don't regret anything, because as I said it's light and small and really I had NO trouble at all to adapt to the new mouse, it was super comfy from the beginning, for my fingertips grip

shit's comfy as fuck

I like the IBM Model M as much as anyone (I have one from 92 and another from 94) but really it's a matter of personal preference. Some people like Cherry Red Switches, some people like Topre, some people like buckling springs, some people like ALPS. Some people even like rubber domes and those people are monsters. Your best bet is to try as many different kinds of keyboards as possible and pick the one that feels best to you.
How much are you willing to spend on your keyboard is the question. You can get a good mechanical keyboard for under 50 bucks if your fine with it lacking a Numpad or extra macros. But if you really want to shell out the cash there are some keyboards that cost over $200. My current daily driver is one I built myself and costs more than I'm willing to admit.

Holy shit is that keyboard real? It seems to good to be real.

I can confirm that it is real and is fucking glorious.

t. Day Keyboard owner

+30 cents have been deposited into your accounts

i sorta want to get a dvorak keyboard

How should I have responded then? I have the keyboard and it's fucking shit?

Looks way better than mine, so no shit im going to say it looks good nigga.

Alright.

Mousepads?

remember when mouses used to have balls inside?
get those instead retard

Don't. Just get a good set of headphones and a separate mic.

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Something with mx cherry switches. I'm personally a fan of the quickfire TK as a "babies first mechanical keyboard." A lot of keyboard snobs will be all "good luck customizing on nonstandard layout" and "numlock on bios," but I've owned one and know a lot of people who have owned one and I've never seen someone hate it.

If you enjoy spending lots of money, Artisan makes the best mouse pads on the market, but it'll cost you $20 shipping. Otherwise I'd go with a Qck or mm200.

I own an original model M and love it, but it's fucking awful for gaming.

Get a hard mouse pad if you're messy.
Get a cloth one if you're a clean freak and you don't eat over it. That shit gets messy easily and fast.

T O P R E
O
P
R
E

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here. Also you have good taste.

I don't get it. What's so great about them? I'm using a genius keyboard for 5 bucks and it works fine.