Is there anything more infuriating in a multiplayer game than having a shitty team?

Is there anything more infuriating in a multiplayer game than having a shitty team?

No matter how good you are, no matter how skilled or experienced, no matter how long you've played, you're gonna lose because your teammates are incompetent idiots.

You can be the best player in the server with the highest K/D and still lose thanks to a shitty team.

You're full of shit OP.
A sniper who stands at the back padding their K/D instead of helping get objectives is as useless as a newbie rushing objectives and getting fragged. Good, determined players always rise up through the ranks. This has been observed across every multiplayer game with a ranking system, even those with 'Muh enforced 50/50!' This is because good players carry teams on their shoulders, while average players bitch about shitters.
You're venting your frustration at your own inability to progress by passing the blame onto other players, but that won't help you get better. If you practice eight hours a day you will eventually get good at the game just through muscle memory and innately picking things up because the brain is good like that. But if you play whatever multiplayer game you play casually, a few games a day, then you will always be stuck in this pit of mediocrity. And if that is too much effort or you don't have enough time then there's three alternate solutions;
Play with friends.
Don't play team oriented multiplayer games.
Accept your mediocrity and enjoy playing the game at your level, not taking it too seriously.

Is there anything more infuriating in a dubs thread than not getting dubs?

This tbh fam.
Not if he gonna sit his ass off in a sniper spot all day, he just gonna git gud at plinking, but nothing else.

You got me there. In that case he'd be a no hoper.

Nice taste in anime fag.

1) Learn to fucking carry
2) Learn to fucking communicate
3) Stop whining and move on from a loss, if you're as skilled as you claim to be then the next victory would be easy

Which is a pity because snipers are often incredibly important, a sniper that can hold off enemy team from approaching while yours is capturing an objective is as valuable as top assault trooper in the squad. But instead, most of the time it's tryhards whose only activity is occasional plinking at stray noobs waaaayyyy outside of hot combat areas.

Are you implying having a good K/D and being a teamplayer are mutually exclusive?

I always go for the objective and try to win as a team, but it's impossible if my team is shit.

Sure, sometimes you can carry your way to victory, but most of the times you're gonna lose despite being the best player in the server.

Also the fact you immediately bring up TF2 and snipers makes me think you're a noob who ragequitted after getting rekt by a sniper. I don't even play Kiddie Fortress 2.

OP is a dumbass but consider the following argument, gitgudfags:

In team games, even if you're a very good player, you may be the only or one of the few good players, while the enemy team outnumbers you to such a degree that despite your skill you simply cannot face them.
This is true of ASSFAGGOTS, multiplayer shooters and pretty much any game where teams are pitted against other teams. It often is the case that individual skill is less important than the ability to wrangle the mouthbreathers on your team.

You're trying too hard and expect too much from your team. You should be well aware that they not gonna come, not in your lifetime. Unless they're already there, don't expect any help. And don't expect to be able to rush in a room full of enemies and mow them all down without getting hit like a fucking Rambo.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

I was under the impression that team games and individualism were mutually exclusive and that should be immediately obvious to anyone.

Having one person talk shit nonstop and not be any better than the rest of the team.

I quit Dota 2 because of enforced 50/50 because it's a game where if one person is being retarded then your whole team will lose for it since the enemy team will become more powerful because of them.

I'd almost put that was why having level progression in competitive games be affected by killing other players is bad.

Shooters for life.

Statistically wrong. If you are consistently contributing the most in your team, then you should more oftenly be winning than losing, unless by some freak accident you are so far above the rest of your team that they're spitting retards while your opponents are only average to your 'leet skills'. The only case where you will be losing more than you win is when your rank is higher than it should be and you drag down your team.
Why don't you post your match history to prove your disproportionate contribution-to-loss ratio.

Get a load of this guy. I can think of two popular multiplayer team-oriented FPS with snipers in them and many more unpopular ones.

The biggest skill gap in ASSFAGGOTS is learning how to acquire gold consistently, use it wisely (and not lose it), and deny the enemy team of it. I can totally see why people would hold this belief in that genre, where a single bad player can actually make the enemy team stronger and you just have to hope that they have a bad player who's worse and feeds your best player.

user, the problem is you.

This is an example of a won lane.
If you can do this to another player, you are better than them.
Control lane equilibrium, deny and last hit every possible creep, and lock out your opponent's ability to do the same.
If you can't achieve this, you are as clueless as everyone else in your match and the outcome isn't up to you.

ok

Team games tend to have roles/tasks that each player fulfills. I fulfill my duties perfectly, and I expect my team to do so aswell.

If my team sucks, I have to do multiple roles, running around doing my team's job. There is much more pressure on me than anyone else. Even though you can hold off against multiple opponents, eventually there is a limit and you die. You're simply overwhelmed by too many forces.

It gets worse if my opponents know my team is shit except for me, so I get specifically targeted and focused on.

If both teams are competent and reliable, the games becomes intense and fun for everyone.

If one team is mentally retarded, the good players in that team will have a terrible time.

No, that's an example of someone blatantly losing their lane. Juggernaut was being a fucking pussy even though he never got attacked, held back too much, had no idea when to last hit and from the looks if it didn't block the creep or pushed. It's the Juggernaut being clueless, nevermind the fact that this is a high level player.
If you put it between two players of equal skill level, good or bad, it's not gonna play out like that video does at all.

If what you say is true, 50% of the time it'll happen to your opponents too, at which point your super carry skills that you must have to justify this threads whining will deliver your team a victory. Likewise, because of these not-imaginary-skills, games that you would normally be able to win because they are even will be won simply on your back.

Post your match history and prove me wrong.

You're hopeless.

Yes, having an inflated ego.

IF YOU CAN'T CARRY YOUR TEAM TO VICTORY YOU DESERVE THE RANK YOU HAVE

There is no "match history" in this game.

Anyway, I now understand why people hate public servers, and prefer to play with friends or a clan or dedicated team.

And when I'm on the winning side against a total noob team, I feel bad for the best player of that team who is trying (because I know what he's going through).

I agree, egocentric players are annoying but not as annoying as having a shit team.

People bitching about their team are usually the ones with the inflated egos.

FPS's are filled to the brim with cheaters and always will be. At least in dota you can be sure that you lost fair and square and it's not because of some 12 year old who bought 1337h4x with his dad's credit card on the other side.

why did you make this thead

Doesn't Dota 2 have hacks now? Like getting crits on every attack.

No.

What this dude said:

On pub servers, you should never be equal to your competition if you're halfway decent at video games. If it's neck-and-neck, that means you're not good.

btw what game

yes it does

A shitty player with an inflated ego is worse.

To see if there is anything else more annoying than this in MP games.

Tanki Online.

Hey, now be fair, that shitty player with the inflated ego did have the highest K/D on the team.

I know that league has because I used them there. I remember getting honored and praised because of them.

It can get annoying but if you are good enough that other people start saying "that guy is good" they will listen to you if you step up and start organizing.

Even something as simple as getting everyone to attack / defend a single objective can have a huge effect on the game and if you are good you should have no problem explaining why you want that point over some other point.

That is exactly what i'm talking about.

People bitching about their team need to shut the hell up. If you get matched up with idiots you, yourself are also on their level.

What game?

I gave up on having a good team 12+ years ago. You are either carrying the team or not. I'd love to have a balanced match of amazing players but the average person has a low skill level, very fitting of today's games.

Every game in existence.

The solution is simple, private serves / clans.

Join a team made up of people from Holla Forums, they should be in the upper ranks compared to most players.

Kill yourself.

Name the game.
You can't. By definition there will always be a best and worst player. It's a perfectly valid complaint if the skill gap if the worst player is doing so poorly that the other players cannot compensate, or if the bottom rung of players is doing noticeably worse than the top. It's an excuse of shitters to say that good players aren't actually good.

Holla Forums groups attract some of the worst players from Holla Forums.

Hell know, the one time I fell for that it was nothing but mic screaming retards and skill-less dudebros. That was years ago, I can't imagine how much worse it would have gotten since.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DYING TO I'M FUCKING ONE MAN ARMYING THE ENEMY TEAM

how the fuck is this possible

You were not near the objective so you weren't helping them cap / defend. It's the only way that can happen.

I see you have never played a game for a long time and had Holla Forums make it their flavor of the month with a massive influx of Holla Forums faggots.
About half of Holla Forums are absolute shit, the other half will never even attempt to understand the workings of the game that became the flavor of the month, meaning that even if they have any skills, they do not mean anything because they don't attempt to understand how they should play most effectively.

I will admit that Holla Forums probably outskills quite a few other groups that might make a game a flavor of the month, but the majority of flavors of the month that worked well were games where having more spare time to invest in the game was more important than skills.

because you're not contributing at all aside from random pickoffs?

If you're the best player on the server, then you don't lose most of the time. You just see yourself as the best player while the actual best player is sitting up there at the top of the leaderboard, not losing all the time.

Judging by the reactions my mates and I get, I guess having a good team that just talks a lot of shit on the mic and on text chat is worse than a shit teams.

Also I found that a few coop based games get boring if your team is too good. Recently been playing Day of Infamy in coop, and when even just 4 of the 8 guys can hold their shit together the game becomes easy as pie.

And in CSGO, being the entry fragger that rushes with a P90 I found it so much more fun to watch a guy that can barely hold a mouse than some dude with inhuman reactions quickscoping everyone.

Team games are won by team effort.

I think mobas and competitive shooters ruined the multiplayer experience for me. I don't know if I'll ever be able to like multiplayer games ever again

What should I do

Make TF2 great again.

You're full of shit too.

You've obviously never been in a situation where you're matched with a bunch of tards and despite your best efforts, can't capitalize on your superior skill to win the match. Happens most frequently in games of DotA and its clones, where you decide to go support or suicide, do amazing, but the rest of your team is so fucking retarded that they end up losing the game badly to a more average team that doesn't have retards on it.

This doesn't matter at higher ranks when both teams are filled with very competent players who don't act like drama whores. There isn't a weak link for the other team to exploit and those games end up being close games and some of the most fun times you can have while gaming. But the odds of getting two well balanced teams at higher levels without rage quitting or drama whoring is almost impossible. The higher you climb up the ladder in a team game, the more likely you are to run into elitist pricks to ruin games.

I've started playing TF2 again after the Overwatch open beta gives you an idea of how bad the game is if I wanted to play TF2 to remind myself what fun is like. I think it's actually pretty ok now, nothing seems ridiculously broken or frustrating aside from maybe the hit detection but I do miss the days when TF2 actually had players that tried. Most games I just shoot straight to the top of the scoreboard within 3 minutes after joining simply because everyone else is so bad. The game becomes a fight between the 1-3 guys on each team who actually know how to play while everyone else is cannon fodder.

Bitch please, i can play with a full team of AFKS and i still win.
People always get mad because they thought it would be a easy win or i was some kind of mongoloid for not leaving the match before it started. I actually enjoy when it happens, me agianst a full team trying so hard to kill me, only i can get some joy in multiplayer nowadays.

*way

Still a team-based game where if a teammate is retarded, the rest of the team can't carry his ass. And that guy is saying that I'm retarded too because of reasons.

Evolve should be a prime example on how some players can't play for shit, because of how mechanically simple it is.

It's THAT simple. And some still don't know what the fuck they're doing, from assaults that can't do damage worth shit, to medics that can't heal worth shit, to trappers that let the monster gangbang his team without slowing him down in the least, and of course, to a support that can't into shields and just shoots with his shitty gun in hopes of doing 10k damage with a 20 damage-per-bullet weapon. Note that I'm not expecting people to be superstars of their class, only to do their minimal fucking job in the first place.

Some players are retarded. These players bring down their whole team. This does not mean that if you complain about them it makes you a bad player too; it just makes you conscious of the fact that some people are just plain bad and there's nothing you can do about it. Makes me wonder why do they even play if they can't grasp the very basic concept of their role.

Sure there are people who suck and blame their own team, but this is not the topic of the thread. It's having teammates who, like in OP's image, are children, legally retarded, AFKers or just plain griefer dudebros that think playing in the least bit seriously is tryhard behavior and totally beneath them.

I remember playing Battlefield 3 or 4 on a deathmatch. There was one guy on the opposing team had like 30-35 kills but their team still lost because the rest of them were floundering in the single figures.
Practically everyone on our team had around 20 kills each and we won every game, I think I played about 10 games with them before I decided to quit and get some food.
The point is, all of their team bar this one guy was running around as though they were mentally damaged, just doing their own thing, whereas we gelled and worked well as a team.
A bunch of average players will wipe the floor with you if they work decently together, even if you're top shit.

I stopped playing dota 2 because the game kept teaming me up with turkroaches speaking their pig disgusting language over and over again despite me picking western europe servers and english preferences.
You can say whatever you want about LOL but at least they got that shit right.

I am making a joke that picking western europe servers does in no way exclude you from pig fuckers. It is about immigration. That was the joke.

What's worse is when someone sucks shit but acts like they know everything and get's pissed when you do something they didn't want you to do.

This is rarely the case if you're still getting kills. You can contribute to a team, but not have your team capitalize on your advantage, which is what's killing you. Most likely your teams choices have forced someone into a bad role for them and your entire team is falling at the weakest link.

If that's the case, play what your team needs to help them work best instead of playing what your best at. You won't top frag, but your team probably won't fold nearly as hard.

On the upside, I love bad enemies.

i feel like i am extremely good at video games not because i got good but because what qualifies as average now is so much worse than what it was even five years ago.

Matchmaking pretty much ruined everything when it comes to team oriented games because the developer wants to force people to a 50% winrate if you are a mainly a solo player. This is what keeps your average player keep going, some good games some bad games. Always a minor rush spaced out evenly so you never get bored of winning. Some games are worse then others, World of Tanks for example has games where you have literal house plants connected to the keyboard through an elaborate rube goldberg machine on your team and you're against professional players, other games you can go afk at spawn and have a

You mentioned World of Tanks, but it doesn't have 50% rigged matchmaking, it's entirely random which is why you get those games with the cyka bydlos driving their t-34s across the field on Malinovka, getting their shit obliterated and whining on chat in broken english for 15 minutes

Which is by design, not random