Someone finally decides to make an Outlaw Star/Cowboy Bebop/"Space Western" game

How the fuck do people make boring pieces of shit and publish them as if there's no problem?

Pretty sure there was a Cowboy Bebop game on the PS1 or PS2 that was simply never brought over. Not sure if it was good though.

because meme genre

What game is that?

Star Citizen

There is no pressure on them to make an actually good game. They know they're getting money from diehard fans anyway and if it happens to leave a bad taste in their mouth then who cares, you still got the money.

Wasn't the PS1 one a shump or something

The problem is Westerners don't know how the Space Western genre really works, strangely enough.

There is. Never played it since I don't speak moon and japs hate us and never translate anything.

What about Firefly?

shit

Are you talking about Rebel Galaxy? I dropped it after 20 mins. I didn't like the combat and I could tell that I would get bored of the traveling. The music was fucking obnoxious as well.

He's right though you cunt

Is retro space western viable in today's market?

I tried to like that game. Couldn't can't. It's shit.

These games will only be fun in 3D

I kind of liked it for being a bit like Sid's Pirates. They did forget to add much fun to it though.

There were two Cowboy Bebop games, as far as I'm aware. The PS1 game was a space shooter and the PS2 one was a beat-em-up or something.

I honestly tried to think how a game like this would work
How do you emulate the fast combat of these animu space westerns?

If you did a top down game you could try to have the combat like a fast paced SHUMP

If it was 3D, I guess it would need to be like armored core, but in space

I'm also curious if OP is talking about Rebel Galaxy. Pirated it, and uninstalled quickly. I think the mistake was going with a big slow ship and using what felt very similar to slow naval combat.

I don't even remember space combat being much of a thing in Cowboy Bebop. Wasn't it mostly martial arts?

A game like that needs comfy towns and space stations more than anything.

do you know what its like to be an 11 year old boy who finds out that aisha is into shotas?

Doo doo
Pee pee

Open World is a bad genre.