Does it deserve to be #1 on IMDB?

Does it deserve to be #1 on IMDB?

It's pretty good but I don't think it's the best movie ever made.

If it doesn't, then what movie does?

It kinda does.

Since filmmaking isn't a hard science, there is no objectively best movie ever. The Shawshank Redemption is not a bad candidate, though.

Yes.

The true prison kino.

I see a nigger on the cover so no it doesn't

Yes. It is a fantastic film.

It's a very good film. But having the based nigger bff in it really hits the sweet spot for Americans. That's what pushed it into No.1

The Green Mile is better.

It's a shit movie and Tim Robbins is a cunt.

Being #1 on IMDB doesn't mean it's the best. It just means it's popular. I'm sure you can find some other flick that's better on some technical basis, but being technically perfect doesn't always mean popular either.

Why do you think so much shit exists? It's to be popular, not to be good.

Kino TBH

Non-fiction is garbage.

I used to weep for humanity

Andy got shanked by Bogg's cock.

that aint Riki-Oh

If it wasn't a rehash of Escape from Alcatraz, sure.

No, complete dogshit. It should have like 7.9 no joke.

The Green Mile is better.

Overrated as can be just like everything you faggots like

I'd say no but with what it would be replaced?

Gay iconic film tbh.

I like the scene where Mr Krabs beats the shit out of the evil faggot.

no.

People are inherently stupid, illogical and overly emotional. Therefore a movie that isn't overtly shit and emphasizes muh feewings gets a wide following.
If I want to see a good prison movie I'll watch The Great Escape where inmates actually try to escape their prison while this shitty movie just eazes the goy into being a good one that obeys what the wardens tell him and does futile sand castles with the based negro character.

no

It was criticized heavily for being very historically incorrect and some characters like Sherif Ali are completely fictional.

Is he ever not evil? It's like a spoiler alert whenever he's onscreen. The writers fucked him hard on Carnivale, his character was better when he was morally gray and they went and Dukat'd him.

no

Wow, such kino.

Garbage film

It is christian film so they gave it a many 10/10 stars and many people do not have bad shit to say about it so it do not have 0/10 stars to being it down.

Other films like the Godfather and Citizen Kane might be overate to some people who read too much into reputation before the film. Great art kinos from Ferelli, Bergman, Raj, Kirosima and Ho Hsien are foreign to the mass who usually only knew English and too lazy for subtitles. Martin Scorcese films are too macho for women, children and family and creative 1970s kinos are outdated for modern audience. Titanic are also boring for most males.

In short, there are almost no reason to hate it and a lot of the average white normies christian moviegoers in America love it.

Style and Substance. There is no shot or scene that was shit. Everything just shout CINEMA.
Shlock and Drama. Classic Epic War and Gangster Shoot-em-up. Allegory and Satire. One of the finest score, cinematography and art direction, the cinematic world ever known. Had the best cast of all all time.
Created over three generations of manchildren and fake geek girls.
My favorite Nazi and Feminist Films you probably have never heard of.
Stylish cinematography and music. Great Climax.

Objectively the most perfect film ever made.

Unless you're a soundcuck that is.

Anything with Steve McQueen in it is worth watching, user.

Don't really give a shit about IMDB but I like it. Despite it's length the pacing was pretty good. I never felt liked it dragged.

It gets worse after about the 23rd time you've seen it on AMC

This is a fag-free board, homo.

Meh. The film really got good when the ship hit the iceberg and started sinking.