With Skyrim Remastered coming out soon...

With Skyrim Remastered coming out soon, who is hyped for a potential Morrowind remake in improved Fallout 4 Creation engine?

Based Todd

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/COE5E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Altman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it free? Are they changing anything but graphics? Is it for PC?

Todd is truly a visionary, and quite handsome too.

On PC, for all Steam Skyrim GOTY owners, of course!
On console, though, you'll have to buy it. Zenimax won't cede on this point :(

Of course! It'll look better than Fallout 4. Including dynamic shadows and new lighting effects!

Elder Scrolls were always great on PC. So is this one. Bethesda loves PC gaming!

I'd be hyped for a Morrowind remake if they give it Skyrim's combat and Fallout's crafting and voiced dialogue. Morrowind is so fucking lifeless compared to Fallout 4

What the fuck mate. I'm taking the piss here, or was trying. But I'm fucking disgusted by your post.

I wouldn't be against the idea, but I wouldn't really expect them not to fuck it up.
Also, fucking hell, fallout 4 somehow looks worse than Skyrim. What did they do? No interior shading.

MUH GODRAYS
happened

Don't know what you're getting at

I don't know why so many people liked that tin can, you can't even fuck her until she's a human for some reason.

I actually wouldn't mind using the skyrim remaster since 32 bit skyrim runs like shit
I certainly wouldn't pay for it though, probably why they're releasing it for free

openmw is actually functional now so I've been using that for morrowind. While not the strongest engine it is capable of making a pretty decent looking morrowind. Skywind is pretty much a dead end though. The truly sad part is it would have been pretty good if they didn't try to

VOICE ACT THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME LIKE A BUNCH OF DICKBRAINED RETARDS

and squally is a fucking con artist, anyone who was retarded enough to donate to that dumbasses patreon deserves what they got.

They "overhauled" their lighting engine to include Godrays™ as part of NVIDIA Goyworks.

godrays wasn't the cause.

What happened was they were planning to include interior shading but because they decided to make the boston commons builds all open it made the game run like ass, it still runs like ass even without it. The consoles also flat out couldn't handle the load.

There's a way to turn on the shadows though, some ini option or whatever.

We're never getting Morrowind remastered.

Skyrim remastered is easy money because all they have to do is tweak some shaders and lighting effects, fix the fucked up UV mapping of the original game, and use all the highest spec PC assets on the console version.

Doing Morrowind remastered would mean recreating every single asset from Morrowind, doing full voice acting for all character dialog in the game (because you, me , and Bethesda's entire marketing team all know their current audience of glue eaters is too lazy to read), not to mention the complete and utter clusterfuck of porting every single quest to the system that the FO4 engine uses.

They'd basically have to recreate Morrowind from scratch, only they'd already have an engine to work with.

Point made: Bethesda a shit.

I know that the city in the stadium (I played that game for hours and can't even remember its name) drops frames like nobody's business on Xbone.

To me their decline is more tragic than anything, even fucking skyrim is still decent enough especially if you're a lorefetcher since there is a lot of stuff to pour over in that game.

fallout 4 though? Nothing about that game is redeeming aside from the weapon crafting. Its so bad that even fucking todd howard is straining to compliment it. Its the reason they're cutting their losses and only dropping two big DLC expansions.

diamond city and yes, they overpacked the city which looks pretty but because of the new shadow rendering system it makes the game chug like a bitch.

Didn't someone at Bethesda straight up come out and admit that Morrowind will never get a remake/remaster because it was too complex?

I find all those cancelled games and dead studios a lot more tragic than some fucking shell of an RPG.

Pete hines said they'd probably never do it since it would require more effort than they can expend.

they're making a TES VI currently so that might be it

What?

BACK TO THE CHESS CLUB YOU DORK

Skyrim's passable as a timewaster and a mod collector. Otherwise it's pretty fuck bad. Fallout 4 though is absolute dog shit that may as well not even be called Fallout 4.

I don't want those n'wahs touching Morrowind.

The graphics in the first one are two generations behind, so they're updating it to be only one generation behind.

For what purpose?

EZ $$$$$$$$ BABY

Easy money. Those quirky nerds and gamurrr girlz will gladly throw money at prettier version of a game they already own

The worst thing is that you are actually right

Are you fucking serious, "more effort than they can expend" can I get sauce pls.

archive.is/COE5E

there you be.

it actually is free.

If you own the game on steam you get it for free. Consolefags have to pay up though.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I see. I guess not even they can jew it THAT hard

I feel your pain

But you know they were having a crisis of identity when they made that choice. I bet days were spent deliberating if they should.

Thing is, pretty much the entire audience for the rerelease is on console where it won't be free. I'd wager anyone who actually cared about the visuals and played on PC already modded the hell out of it and achieved the same if not greater results

French accent with a proper robit body makes my dick hard.
But, then they ruined her.
Truly there's no greater crime.

something like 70 percent of the people that bought the game did so on consoles.

the only reason i'd use the remaster is because its a better engine and you don't have to do the stupid 4gb patch and shit to get it to work.

Regarding OpenMW
Can someone fill me in what happened to scrawl? He was coding all these great features, his patreon money increased and now he's done basically nothing for half a year? I want my distant land dammit.

When they don't have to do much and just update the game from the creation engine of skyrim to the more (polished) one on fallout 4, they are jewing very hard there

It's free, but have they said whether it will be compatible with existing mods? To me, this seems like prime opportunity for them to jew out with their Bethesda.net service.

His health was deteriorating from working so much, so he decided to take a break until he got better.

Distant land is easily simulated by increasing the view distance and exterior cell load distance in the OpenMW cfg files.

I see. Well it's the fault of the consolefags if they want to get a dick in their mouth and pay for it. Sadly, we already know most of them are cockgobblers

That contradicts the entire point of distant land, though, which is to show farther objects without greatly increasing the workload on the hardware.

That's great to know.

Do we know if he's getting better?

So related about why skyrim is being remastered.

That's why I said simulated. It works "like" distant land, but it's not the same thing.

this needs to stop

Looks like a casual talking casual shit. I know that channel. It's a casual youtuber. Is the vid especially critical of Bethesda? Because I don't think I should waste my time watching that.

It will never happen.

It's too hard to make.

I was slightly interested in this because I thought they might improve the engine a bit which would increase performance and make modding a bit better, but then I realized that this is Bethesda we're talking about. They're probably going to put in the absolute minimal effort like they always do. I'd bet dollars to donuts that not only will this shit run 10x worse, but, despite miniscule changes, will also break legions of mods.

Nah, he just talk about the limitations of the console remaster, and it's only worthwhile from around 4:15 in the video where he talks about why it's a skyrim remaster.

If they're switching to 64 bit version the game engine should just work faster. Since 32 bit is backwards compatible most mods should also just work. So basically free money for Bethesda.

Yeah, but this is Bethesda. Don't forget that Fallout 4 had its logical framerate tied to is visual framerate.

Yeah I know, they can't game for shit.

I think he's full of shit, or at least he bought into the lies that came out of pete hines mouth. He says the only reason they're selling skyrim remastered is because they did it initially to test out fallout 4's engine, which while it might be true to a degree, the real reason is because skyrim sold a fuck ton of copies, and they can convince idiots to buy it again so they can have all of the neutered mods.

Yes and No.
Obviously simple plugins and re-textures are going to work out of the box. Anything that requires SKSE (anything that's worthwhile, in other words), is going to be broken until an updated SKSE is created. Then each mod is going to have to be tested and potentially updated to work with the new SKSE.

But even beyond that, the guy behind SkyUI has already come out and said he has no plans to update SkyUI for Skyrim Remaster - and refuses to give permission for other mod authors to update the mod. So if SkyUI is dead in the water, then so is MCM, and if MCM is dead - so are half of the mods.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda worked out some kind of a deal with him to abandon SkyUI. We already know he works closely with Bethesda, since he was one of the first faggots to jump on paid mods and worked with Bethesda during it's development so that his mod would be one of the first offered for cash.

The goal is to kill a good portion of the mods which require SKSE, since SKSE is impossible to make work on consoles. This will force mod authors (they think) to either make console compatible versions, or create new console friendly mods as replacements. Bethesda wants to bolster their mod library on BethesdaNet as much as possible - because you know damned well that they're going to take another stab at reintroducing paid mods. It won't be like last time, but they WILL monetize it. The mod authors themselves may not even see a dime, and Bethesda will take all the shekels for themselves. Either this will be accomplished via monthly fee for access to BethesdaNet, or through pop-up ads and videos and other advertisements… and they'll claim the "overwhelming popularity of mods on consoles has put such a strain on their bandwidth and servers, that a nominal monthly fee for server maintenance had to be implemented"

I really wish someone would fucking bomb Bethesda or at least beat the shit out of Hines or Hodd Toward.

Hines would be the better target. Todd's a liar and wants to make the wrong kind of games, but he isn't malicious, just misguided.

I can already picture what a complete clusterfuck paid mods introduced (and this time, kept) is going to be.

They'll pretty much kill the community, or piss them off so much they'll just stick with the old games.

I mean, in those few moments paid modding was a thing we already saw how shit just imploded and the whole community started eating each other.

Petey and the Toddler are merely the public face of that cancerous shithole of a company.

Robert A. Altman it is: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Altman

Paid modding at least showed us just which modders are greedy assholes.

Damn, if this is true then just about any mod that alters the gameplay will be fucked (ie, the good ones). All that it will have are things like weapon and armor mods.

Not surprised about the SkyUI guy. Didn't he throw a fit when paid mods were removed?

Dubs thread?

Todd thread.

This shitty meme seriously needs to stop

check em

And those that told Bethesda to fuck themselves. Even though they are aiding a shit company by making mods they still deserve respect for their integrity.

It's been going on since Skyrim came out, something that can last five years probably won't die soon.

I bet you're a Shillary supporter.

Just like vermin.

Toddposting began with Skyrim, but it died quickly.

Todd shitposting however began with Fallout 4.
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

It's post-irony, you postmodernist cunt.

Cancer is cancer. It's like you chimps never learn.

I bet you actually believe he was in the chess club. People insulting Todd belong back to reddit where it's hip to unconditionally hate everything related to him.

It's not fallout 4 creation engine though, it doesn't have pbr, lest they use a dummy material for all objects.

pbr?

Just so you know, I hate you.

Todd doesn't hate you. Just so you know.

the biggest step up between games this gen and last.

He was one of the biggest proponents of paid modding, and announced plans that all versions of SkyUI from 5.0 and beyond would be paid only. IIRC he also took down a beta version of 5.0 from Nexus. Then when Valve backtracked, he realized how much he had fucked everything up, threw a shitfit, and said he might not release 5.0 on Nexus anyway because fuck you.
I think he later backtracked and released the new version later though.

And was it him who said "there is no modding community", or someone else?

Thanks faggot.

It's like he's begging for everyone to pirate his shit, release branches of his mod just to spite him and call him cuck all the while.

I have a friend with a similarly short attention span he's a bernie supporter

This is what vidya is pandering to now. There is nothing we can do about it

I dunno, all I know is that he was mad and stopped updating his mod.

I've seen these people on Holla Forums.

He really is a sub-human, isn't he.

Of course you have. This isn't the sekrit club anymore, we are constantly browsed by reddit, normalfags, shills, you name it.

Nigga what the fuck are you implying, I've been here since exodus.

I always love seeing that "forever free" emblem on a mod's page. Brings a bit of joy to my heart.

I think another big problem is that as the years go by we get younger and younger posters. Many who are nostalgic for games that aren't all that great.

I'm implying that I see the people described in your post on Holla Forums. Short attention spans and what not. Not really sure why you think I called you new.

Because I'm angry, angry at bethesda I'm also learning python right now and it's 2 AM Sorry

Why can't they just stay on 4chan?

I understand where he's coming from. Dialogue in Morrowind was terribly long and required a lot of reading. But you know what?
You don't have to fucking read it.
You can continue without asking questions, most the time

Because even young people can tell that place is cucked to hell

But he is right. Even if you make Todd being a liar into meme, ledditors would still try to give it a positive spin like he is just so ambitious or what he said is technically not a lie. Both of which are false.

I almost agree with you, but only in taking elements of Skyrim's combat.
Ideally, the combat in a Morrowind remake or any new Elder Scrolls would include the dual wielding and guaranteed hit aspects from Skyrim, but add the concept of power attack variations unlocked as you level up and the weapon variety from Morrowind, and then mix in more active blocking and some active dodging on top of that…Maybe even guard break and parry mechanics with success being decided by each parties respective skills, with the more skilled having a higher chance of succeeding.
A more detailed crafting system would be cool.
Alchemy is already pretty cool at base in Skyrim, but it is lacking in usefulness due to poisons sucking (Both because they are a pain to apply and because they are rarely effective.) Adding special potions made from specific combinations of ingredients, general additive ingredients as well as secondary effects (X ingredient can be used to make 4 kinds of potions and any potion made with it will last longer, X ingredient doesn't mix for effect, but can be added when making a potion to double its power or another that would make potions/poisons effect undead as well.) And alongside poisons, you'd have bombs which could be loaded with them and thrown/attached to an arrow and explode on impact, afflicting the poison on nearby targets.
Enchanting could have a much wider variety of effects, with effects needing a reagent to enchant on your weapon, and which could consume more reagent to increase charge in place of soul gems. Also, bring back spell crafting.
Blacksmithing could be more than crafting the generic weapon or armor and then improving it. Returning to Morrowind's piecemeal armor, adding in FO4's upgrades but tamped down to fit the less fantastic feel of TES. Also, traps and mechanisms for some synergy with Alchemy.
And in general adding rare recipes in specific locations that would unlock new and fantastic stuff to craft, while keeping those suckers off of loot tables.

As far as dialogue, returning to Morrowind's minimal level would be great for the quality of the games because that much more money could be spent on the game itself. Lastly, fire the retard responsible for the animations and get someone competent.

it always annoys me that it's Voltaire in that picture.

Though perhaps the creator did that on purpose as some form of subtle irony, a statement about even the people posting the image are they themselves idiots of just a different variety.

Or everyone is a retard, who knows

Pete hines said they'd never make it because players nowadays dont like to read and it would never sell well.

With the new version of this engine, you'll actually be able to create mods that fix the floaty Nintendo 64 animations in the game.

If you don't want your animations to look like a man with cerebral palsy tried to animate how he walks inside the game, you'll only have to download 7GB of animation .esms for our 3 GB game.

Their conference…where they shown SKYRIM: Remaster.

Don't forget to purchase the Mastered Version Of Out 4 Falling! Coming to an OUYA 2 near you!

This meme needs to die

Is it true what they're saying about a new DLC for remaster only?

This needs to die even more.

So Todd can you climb the mountain in the remaster?

So we'll all be pre-ordering The Elderscrolls Morrowind Reborn right Holla Forums?

Free Market will fix it

nigga

The best part is it's not even a quote by Descartes
And like the other user said, it's a picture of Voltaire, and the quote is not by him either
I'm actually surprised so many people forgot that's part of the joke

Descartes is the last of the "mainline" philosophers not to *tip* more than believing in God. Indeed, "I am" in "I think, therefore I am", doesn't merely mean your own sense of consciousness, but also the biblical God, Jehovah "I am". This is because only thru a God we can be guaranteed our rationality. What a based man Descartes was.

Someone post give her the d reaction images. It's the least we can do to honor the man who revolutionized not only philosophy, but math too.

Nice dubs and nice nazi todd

You actually like that? It's fucking barebones, there's no dice rolls, there's no procedures going on in the background, no advanced calculations running behind the hood. It's crude fps combat with rpg elements.
Pointless. Morrowind isn't about being some fucker in a dystopian world, you're an adventurer. If you want crafting, there's a really good mod for it, but crafting was not something that was planned or even thought of when they were making Morrowind.
Good luck getting multiple people to read all the lines of dialogue for each race and both sexes, not to mention the unique characters. Keep in mind, Temple Dunmer need to shape their voices into a bruise-like sound, very harsh and dry.

that's not descartes and i'm not so sure about the quote either

No. Let sleeping dogs lie.

They would change the gameplay to make it more "exciting" for the casual shitter audience they pander to.

the fuck are you talking about? that sentence doesnt make any sence…

If you own skyrim and all the DLC
It seems to be just an in-engine implementation of features ENB already adds, so it might be better optimized than ENB but know Bethesada…..

There may be something else besides that but I doubt it since its a free update. I wish they'd release the Game Jam stuff as a modders resource.

Just grab an ENB preset, it adds SSAO

Yeah basically, but let me offer an alternative reasoning.

1) Morrowind is a VERY narrow game by todays standards, don't believe me? TCL and fly up about 20 feet, you can see 7 of the primary cities in the game all within what seems to be 500 yards of each other. Thats not to say its complex, its the opposite of skyrim, its a mile deep by a foot across.
2) Theres a lot of reading involved unless you want Skyrim VA syndrome on a larger scale, not good for mainstream video game audience so that means it wouldn't make money.
3) You would have to redesign almost all items in the game to function within a Skyrim/Oblivion style combat system

Not really worth the effort for such little payoff. If you really want a new Morrowind just wait for OpenMW to come out then the Skywind guys will port all their assets over to OpenMWs engine, boom morrowind remake.

So people can buy it on their PS4 and Xbox's and enable people to use basic mods on console.

idTech6 with megatextures perhaps.
Not gamebryo.
Fallout4 like 3 has a problem where it doesn't try to be serious and try to be something.

Remakes are wrong as well. Sequels if the first didn't end well. Otherwise something different, innovate more complex play that grows what the liked title was.

Like FF the same thing can be done better every time.
I'd like to see more efforts try for an experience that was entertaining just to be in the world. Then gameplay can be about continuing to be in it and/or keeping what you like in it as the world changes.

Grinding is a waste, cheating. World staying dangerous should be a desire, even an objective.

Know that you don't know everything and your changes could be for the worse. Some ruins are better that way. Going through to rescue and spending time grinding counts against what needs rescuing.

Another ES, tried to be taken seriously. No fake american inserts or propaganda. Fully into the world. That. Fuck anything gamebryo.

Rather something worth good design. Where good design belongs.

Morrowind has been done, done again as a side area to demonstrate the superiority of the idtech6 engine. Main game underneath, solves problems of contindnts already explored, other games can build upon what is under them too. Best get rid of the anthro though. Maybe races. Water people wear rebreathers. Argonians. Orcs, Dunmer, Altemer etc remain.

Level up path extended to include other specialisations, but at a much slower rate of them improved like morrowind.

Morrowind's level up by doing was great and could include a lot of different environmental navigation. Jumping off walls, combat could change to so pressing attack buttons at different times had different effects. Taking into account what attacks upon the player are occuring, countering them better with longer times where a boost button could affect actions. Longer parry time, longer time where damage boost is active, combining them. Having a momentum mechanic where doing more increases the force of the character.

Jumping from side to side in a hole to climb it.
Holding breath more to survive stronger currents an whirlpools, the suck of a waterfall or underwater tunnel that may kill.

Could be very interesting for a dangerous world the player comes to know before being prepared for. Abilities raised as part of play so they can be enjoyed more than ebdured, though just surviving is entertaining in hindsight.

lmao Todd said not going to happen, they are never making an open world game not on Gamebryo

Actually, skyrim runs on a completely new engine.

MGE with lots of post processing and antialiasing would be enough to make it attractive.

Include some essential mods like better bodies. Some that add detail to the landscape. Throw rocks everwhere so the land isn't as flat. Change the players animations for combat.

Not much really. Could be done in a day.

Models need detail tesselated from them, like the rocks in Dragon Age.

Would be much nicer for everything to go into a better engine but look at Peace Walker. Up the resolution and you really end up with fuck all to show for it. A psp game going from 20 to 30fps on the PS3.

Increasing Morrowind's draw distance kills what made it great as well.

Better to skip a remake and do something in the same vein. More in the fog to go into. A main quest was out of place, just going around was better. Don't need a story, what you do is it. Give player enough to do so they can look back and have a fond memory. The game can be over when everone knows them and they've become a local, used to what is there.

End up wanting more change rather than saving it.
Change, growth and greatness what it is.

Scale is great too, change to make things small can be sculls to give things more presence.

Adding to the land good gameplay. Witness it's grandeur and further it. People lost in where it is going may return as the land meets that stage.

Rage looked good, there just wasn't enough of it.

They could keep most of the landscape ignorable tiled shit, make towns megatexture. Hire artists instead of making excuses for using tiled textures.

Do need some great blurry post process antialiasing or supersampling. Transparency needs to blend in. Blur the edge off everything.

Towns can be individuality everywhere. Outdoors can be massive scale. More geo than tex, geo to facilitate getting to the top of things. Ground and world can be mostly smooth, more screen space/distance effects than texture. Use lots of simple grass sprites, rocks and such. That don't fade out.

Megatextures start you know there is some kind of human influence nearby.

Set pieces megatexture.

Veichles to travel fast through ground you've already covered on foot. Walk speed pretty slow. Sprint speed faster the longer it's held. Tap to jog.

Rage is more interesting than ES.
Could build game world and decide what it's for later. Too different and it as it's own game.

Gamebryo may have better mod compatability. It lets devs get away with pasting models over a landscape and calling that a world. Like Halo.

Megatextures could make use of artists to paint a town, so all detail is intentional. Multiple artist stages to add details. Then models are mkre unique even if the same and each becomes a set piece. An actual incentive to go in a building other than loot.

Having a lot of terrain doesn't mean much when it all looks the same. Like cities and suburbs, similar formula that gets old fast. Things done to convention bore.

best bait I've seen this week

It's because they tried to do PBR but didn't actually have a good lighting engine to back it up (if you're still using fake reflections, mostly fake light sources, and simple AO then PBR is useless). It looks okay in specific weather-heavy outdoor areas, but anywhere else needs a healthy dose of ENB to look tolerable.

Even if they remastered Morrowind they'd inevitably add voice acting everywhere which would require a lot of quests where you can ask anyone about stuff to be reworked, they'd add quest markers and not bother to include instructions of how to get to places, they'd add fast travel and not give a shit about the public transportation system, they'd make stuff like levitation and jump spells instanced, everything would have level scaling, and the remade dungeons would be linear enemy crawls that loop back to the beginning at the end. OpenMW is the only hope for a "remake" of MW, which is actually just a new engine that wasn't made by incompetent hacks so you can do stuff like change the way combat works, add skills, add ragdoll physics, etc.

Nice drugs, user.

Fuck off with this shit meme already, plebbit.

Only reddit hates Howard. Stop pretending to be a cool old user.

um, just like, end yourself?

*Raises paw* uhm, why not both?

It took awhile for the daggershill hipstercucks to show up here, what took so long?

[sneak]I'll just pirate it

You wouldn't dare to do that.

Inb4 Denuvo.