Holla Forums is singing!

Holla Forums is singing!

We're all singing Sonic Boom, that's what won, proxy votes or no proxy votes.

Use this video and only this video to sing to:
youtube.com/watch?v=7wPDanMZG0Y
Here are the lyrics:
azlyrics.com/lyrics/crush40/sonicboom.html

Rules for recording include:
1. Do not record on vocaroo. Record using Audacity (It's free) or your favorite program.
2. Make sure your mic volume is good. I don't want audio that clips every two seconds. I can turn it up in Audacity if you have to turn it down so it doesn't clip.
3. Start recording and then start singing to the song. This makes it 100 times easier. Rescue Girl took three days because so many people were off. I don't even know how you get off track when the song you're singing is right there on youtube.
4. Upload to picosong. It allows you to upload 320 kbps. (Please export to 320 kbps by the way)

If you don't know how to use Audacity and export to 320 kbps mp3, then just ask. I'd rather have 20 people ask me how than 20 people sounding like crap.

When singing the parts that overlap each other, pick a line, for example;
"Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom"
or "(Trouble keeps you running faster.)"
If you know how to edit it so your own voice overlaps it, then go ahead. Don't do it if it comes out shitty though.

Please pin this thread Mark. And unpin the other one.

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Boom_(song)
archive.is/zNl17
picosong.com/D9uy/
youtu.be/_sjZJ9i_mH0?t=239
picosong.com/D9Sd/
picosong.com/D967/
picosong.com/D9bw
picosong.com/D9EK/
picosong.com/D98p/
picosong.com/D9ty
picosong.com/D9tX
picosong.com/Df3i/
picosong.com/DfFh
picosong.com/Dfyz/
picosong.com/DfkZ/
picosong.com/Dfew/
picosong.com/DfeY/
picosong.com/Dfee/
picosong.com/Df2k/
picosong.com/Dfgk
picosong.com/DfuF/
pastebin.com/s54MAb6V
picosong.com/D4Yg/
picosong.com/D4LF
picosong.com/D4Xw/
picosong.com/D4jb/
picosong.com/D4jW/
picosong.com/D4bL/
picosong.com/D4Ex/
twitter.com/TheFrenchCritic/status/762014386215092224
picosong.com/success/93d423f57ed04dfb5efa156567b9e77f/
picosong.com/success/24d1a4bc78107396d5128054ea791a4e/
picosong.com/D4aA/
picosong.com/D5nb
archive.is/b9Rp1
picosong.com/D5Ju/
asio4all.com/
manual.audacityteam.org/man/recording_preferences.html
picosong.com/D56X/
picosong.com/D5Kv/
picosong.com/D5WB/
picosong.com/D5WH/
picosong.com/DL3j/
picosong.com/DLj3/
picosong.com/DLrP/
picosong.com/DLGf/
8ch.net/v/res/10308729.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do not post multiple links to your singing or ask if I put you in. I have no clue if I put you in or not, just post once, and don't worry, you'll get in.

Reminder to use picosong, not vocaroo.

VIDEOGAMES

'(of by one)'

I'm stupid, I don't understand this part. What does "clipping" mean?

better lyrics

Clipping is what happens when you speak or sing too loud for the microphone to pick up, so it clips past the volume and sounds shitty.

Ear rape is a really good example. It's just audio that's too loud for the device too handle.

Basically when you're volume is greater than what the mic can pick up, you know those webm's that are super fucking loud? Kind of like that.

That would take way too long to do and I would get probably like 3 people voting for each song because nobody wants to take the time the do it.

Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

By the way, the lyrics linked are incomplete for the video. Which seems to be 2 songs put together separated at around 1:30

about the little choruses that come inbetween

(Trouble keeps you running faster)
(Save the planet from disaster)
(Spinning through a world in motion)

Should they be recorded seperately?

That's what I suggested. You can sing them separately and combine them, or just pick one or the other.

okay, super satan

How long do we have?
I can't record my self right now.

(hail Satan)

I think I will pick the non-sonic boom lines myself.

Do we use the intro version or the ending version?

Nice quads.
We're only doing the song 'til 1:30 right?

You have at least 2 days. You can still do it tomorrow.

The one I linked

We're doing the intro version.
If everybody wants to sing more we can do daytona since it is quite short.

Why are you creating multiple threads about the same thing?

Organizations sake. It makes it way easier to complete the project. If Mark doesn't like it, he doesn't have to pin it.

One was for announcing and choosing choices, the other was for choosing, this one is for singing, now shut up.

At least delete the other threads if you're the OP.

Should I delete the other threads?

I'll pin it, its just that the other threads are a bit redundant

One of them is already gone. I don't know if ther other exists.

I understand. I just like them for organization sake's.

I'm gonna archive and delete em

capcode is also getting redundant

archive.is/zNl17

it's stickied

lolno

It's not from the game you twat.

I wish I could call you underage

When is Seven Rings on Hand gonna win?

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN
Have you ever jacked off while driving?

For shame jew, for shame.

Only a bit

Its an interesting experience

wait, do i sing the full thing or just the rock part at the start?

When in doubt, sing more. It's probably fairly easy for him to cut you off if you go long.

Yes, but I could never cum.

When's the deadline?

DAILY FUCKING REMINDER THAT SINGING IS RETARDED, HOLY FUCKING SHIT

TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN HOLY FUCK
NOT FUCKING VIDEOGAMES
SINGING VIDEOGAMES IS NOT VIDEOGAMES
NOT FUCKING VIDEOGAMES

WHERE'S THE VIDEOGAMES AT?
THERE IS NONE
AND REMINDER THAT NO ONE HAS FUCKING EARS, NO ONE
NO FUCKING EARS
0 FUCKING EARS ZILCH NAUGHT DONUT ZERO
Z E R O E A R S, 0000000000000000000000000))!

HOYL FUCKING SHIT THAT IS THE MOST RETARDEDE THING I HAVE EVER LISTENINED NO THATS STUPID
YOU CANT HAVE FUN WHILE SINGING, THAT IS ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE AND STUPID, THE FUN COMES WHEN EVERYONE IS BEING RETARDED, AND PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED IS RETARDED BECAUSE ITS LITERALLY RETARDED!!!!!!
ALL YOU FUCKIGN DO IS SCREAM INTO A TINCAN
TIN CANS ARE GAY THIS IS A GAY AND NOT FUN
ITS A FUCKIGN VIDEOGAME BOARD
VIDOEGAMES ARE FUN
HYOU RETARDEDFUCKIGN PIECE OF SHIT
YOU LITERALLY HAVE NO FUCKING REASON TO DEFEND SINGING!!

Aren't you getting tired of eating pasta so often?

You again?

Technically yes, but I was only rubbing it above my pants because I was going commando and it sprung a tent, although I didn't cum

Sunday, the 7th at 12 PM EST

Is AIDS mandatory?

The lyrics in the OP omit several parts im afraid.

Despite the latent autism of "Sonic.wikia" they do have a more accurate transcription.

nice arms.

not blue enough

Nice nice

yeah about that i have a 22khz mic built into a webcam that uses a beta version of the USB standard

Try it anyway. If it's terrible, oh well. I'll still include it, I'm just trying to prevent some mics sounding shitty.

Do we just post them in the thread?

I would sing but my family is home.
And I dont want them to hear me screeching sonic boom

Post your uploads in the thread and I'll grab it.

What bitrate is requested?

Yes you do.

As high as you can. 320 kbps is honestly not much for a 1:30 song. Use picosong to upload.

Are we doing the whole whole song? it seems like the lyrics are missing a lot of lines

Isn't there some Smash player who did this multiple times? Once with other people in the car?

Wait. I have a fixed version.

yes I do

now make him an OC

We're only doing the intro.
stop at 1:30.

I gonna open a new thread with a new part of the story about Dr Robotnik and his failed experiments with bullshit rays.

Yes please satan

What are the words for the 2 lines at :53 before going back into the chorus?

O-okay, how do I do that thing?

Unless that's not what you mean, those are just the lyrics.

THat is what i meant thanks

SORRY IT'S SHIT
picosong.com/D9uy/
I'm not happy with it, so I might redo it later.

Mixingfag, since so much of the chorus has overlapping sections, from an editing standpoint, it will probably make the most sense to have people sing one or the other, rather than allowing them to layer it like this. It almost completely prevents you from handling timing errors, and the majority of people aren't going to have a fucking clue how to do it properly, anyway.

Filthy casuals.

I just expect people to not do it. But I agree.I recommend that nobody tries to layer their audio unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Also, I love your submission.

AND HOLY SHIT! It's fucking perfectly synced!

Fucking follow this guys example Holla Forums. He's a legend. You have no clue how many people were off sync in Rescue Girl, or were on sync and then eventually got out of sync.

You participated in the Into Free singalong right? You sound familiar.

Your voice sounds like it belongs in a Saturday morning cartoon.

How long have you been singing for? You've got a good handle on hitting the notes and holding vibrato.

Here you go! Let's make the video material for the song somewhere else!

Dunno if this helps.
Voice acting guide about what equipment to use.

Most of us will wail into a default mic, but for those who want a decent mic for work/hobby/etv, this guide seems good.

The guy's other videos on voice acting vids are good as well.

Here's a bit more from his initial overview:
youtu.be/_sjZJ9i_mH0?t=239
USB mics are apparently the devil.

Well, we found one of our main voices I bet.
Focus on it, try to work out your limits, and you could do stuff with that voice.

sweet

Only faggots can hear this
picosong.com/D9Sd/

Remind anons the obvious, listen to the song a couple times before recording, and when recording wear headphones so you are able to sing along without the mic registering the song in the background

Bretty good.
Waiting on those submissions. So I've got two and myself.

where's yours? I haven't heard it yet.

You truly want me to upload my own singing? I wouldn't mind.

You can't hold out on us, who do you think you are?

I do. I'm interested in hearing what you sound like.

I'm not afraid to be made fun of. Here is my singing.
I wasn't trying too hard. But I gave it a go.
picosong.com/D967/

It's shit, but anyway.

picosong.com/D9bw

Are you okay?

That bad?

You're sounding a little quiet there, MixFag. Is it your mic or are you afraid to sing louder?

Just fucking kill me.

You can always sing the same notes in your own range. There's a reason the keys on a piano repeat.

You don't have to be tenor to hit the right notes. You're perfectly capable of singing in key with a lower voice, your octave will just be lower too.

Your voice sounds strained like your throat hurts. When he asks if you're okay, he's wondering if you're sick or in grave pain.

Well, I did smoke a pack today and haven't been drinking water for a while. Hold up, let me drink something and I'll redo it.

picosong.com/D9EK/

beautiful

My mic isn't really meant for being loud. But I can sing louder if you want.

I'll bet.

As long as you're giving it your all when you sing, then yes.

picosong.com/D98p/

I got my part, here you go MixingFag.
picosong.com/D9ty

here's my part, some of the notes got a little crazy.

picosong.com/D9tX

Can we summon AppleGreen to sing? Fuckers got a solid voice.

Spaghetties will be dropped.

OP used my pic on previous thread, I remade it.

So, you want anons with shitty mics, right?

You need to sing, like, 3 times louder.

crap, I was worried it would be too soft.

That's pretty fuckin cool

Give it a shot, if it truly is that bad, I won't include it, but you really have to fuck up.

Were you in Rescue Girl? I feel like I mixed your voice in there.

Nope! This is actually my first time contributing to one of these deals.

picosong.com/Df3i/
go ahead and tell me how shit I am

Whenever you manage to escape from the bottomless depths of Hell, you should record a version where I can actually make it what is going on.

Is this better?

picosong.com/DfFh

This is the gayest thing ever and all gaytards who participated in any part of this gay jewry should feel ashamed for being massive faggots.
Thank you for your time.

Damn. Anyway, good job. I'd say good job to everyone so far. Nobody was terribly off like Rescue Girl.

Decent job, but what's going on in the background? I might be able to get rid of it.

God dammit. I just finished mixing yours.

Also. I need more submissions. I have 6 including myself.

there's a fan or something vibrating a floor above me, didn't think it'd be too noticeable

I'll work on my submission tomorrow

No problem. The others will make it unnoticeable.

Hyped. We need more cause right now it sounds a bit weird, as it always does when you need more people.

Make sure to get your recording in before the deadline.

scratch that my headphones are shitting the bed. For some reason, I can get the instruments off a song but the parts with singing aren't coming through.

here you go nigger, tell me if the bg lyrics need to be removed

picosong.com/Dfyz/

you're missing half the song user

fuck its the whole thing? shit

forget about the link i just sent

No we're only doing the intro right?

wait yeah how come mix fag didnt tell anyone else

never mind I'm fucking retarded

faggot

recording tomorrow

should I even bother trying with a shitty mic and a tongue too big for my mouth?

I keep saying this. Just try. You really have to fuck up for me to not include it.

I can't wait to hear it when it's done.

Here's my shot at it.
picosong.com/DfkZ/
I did some light editing, Mixfag, since there was a background hum from a refrigerator, and I got a little TOO into it and tried singing two parts at once at one point, so I fixed that fuck up. That said, I recorded the background vocal parts during the Sonic Boom segments by themselves, if I should upload those and let you add em yourself. I don't trust my skills with Audacity to do it myself properly.

You were off track on some points. If you want to give me the file you can. I'll add it.

I just want everyone to know how torturous this is sometimes. When you hear Sonic Boom 50 times in a row because you want to make sure everybody is synced as best as they can be, it really gets to you.

GANBARE, MIXFAG-KUN.

Yeah, I had a feeling I would be, sorry about that. I don't sing much period, never mind for Holla Forums related shit, so that's my only excuse. Hope the quality is fine considering I recorded using a phone inside a pillow fort I made to reduce shittiness.
Anyway, here's the background parts, which are almost certainly off track themselves.
First one
picosong.com/Dfew/
Second/last one
picosong.com/DfeY/

tell me if it's shit
picosong.com/Dfee/

this song is the coolest shit ever, fuck you. i will not sing, i just wanted to say this

I can give you an answer, but I don't think you really want to know.

There's a terrible background nosie of my computer running and I'm australian

Hope it's okay

picosong.com/Df2k/

I'm afraid we're going to have to decline your submission.

I also struggle with the timing because I'm bad and gay, I wouldn't put it in myself to be honest

This isn't Holla Forums the musical. I mean, I get a little jealous when I hear some guy on here who sings amazingly, but in the end it's not a big deal if you don't sound like a fantastic singer. As long as you're in it to have fun, it's all good.

picosong.com/Dfgk

Please forgive my shit mic/singing

My mic is a 2008 Logitech karaoke microphone sitting my coffee cup. Combined with my shit singing, it creates a new kind of quality.

picosong.com/DfuF/

We're just doing the first minute and a half

Oh well. Got carried away then.

Could you kikes untatg this and tell me what I'm doing for free?

Could you just kill yourselves? Anyone that lives near Mark just fucking put a bullet in his head and skin him.

Can we do this, please, please, please?!

You faggots are 2 threads too late to submit new songs.

yo Mixfag, mind if I unsticky? this thread's been up for a long time.

Just do it and fuck off, Mark.

GUESS I'M KEEPING IT UP THEN

The wise man acts by not acting, but so does the faggot.

GUESS I'M A FAGGOT

Is this a cringe thread?

You werent here since the beginning of the thread, so no.

Sorry i didn't put it together this wagecuck is already past his bedtime:

pastebin.com/s54MAb6V

maybe

hey mixingfag, are we supposed to sing the whole 4 minutes of the op video or just up to the minute and half? I'm seeing anons uploading both the whole thing and the intro only

I think we're going to be doing intro (1:30) only, though mixfag can probably manage to fit the samples to the whole song if he tries

This made my fucking morning
Thank you user

Can you reupload this. It doesn't want me to download this for some reason.

Am I too late?

Mark wanted this one gone. He said this one has been up for a while. I'm not gonna argue.

Nevermind. Somebody locked the new one I made after a new one was requested. We'll just chill here I guess.

Yeah, that's not what he meant.

How new are you mixfag?

I wish I could sound as good as but I'm a hungover baritone.
picosong.com/D4Yg/

vocal track coming soon

well nevermind then

user, unless I'm misunderstanding you, I'm pretty sure either you don't know what one of those terms means, or you didn't learned to speak correctly. Sing anyway, I wanna hear.

Fuck it, here's my shitty recording.
picosong.com/D4LF

my singing voice is much lower than my speaking voice, granted I range more of a tenor than a countertenor , pitch-wise, when conversing normally
picosong.com/D4Xw/
the latter half of solfege being sung as loud as the initial statement but being dropped off by the mic, it sounds quiet and only catches the midrange tones, it's bizarre

well after two painful hours of configuring, I finally got this shit through

Normal Version:
>picosong.com/D4jb/

Bitcrushed Version, because why the fuck not (Optional):
>picosong.com/D4jW/

It sounds like you're trying to sing notes lower than your voice is designed for, which will always sound quieter than a note you can hit properly. Given your speaking voice, I'm guessing that you have upper range that you just don't know how to get to. If a note is in your range, you should be able to hit it with power. (Without straining yourself.)

What you hear in your head isn't what the mic is going to hear, since you've got shit vibrating around in your head that never reaches the mic. Try it on another mic to confirm that it's the mic, and not just the difference of your head and equipment.

I've used other mics and it sounds like what I expect but this one seems to have issues with lows, it could be defective or just shit quality, since it was some 20$ mic you never know
I've haven't been able to easily hit notes higher than my speaking voice since about 16 and my voice especially when speaking loud trends or trended towards lower pitches
I haven't sung regularly in awhile and maybe I just need to get louder to hit the notes properly or something but I'm pretty sure it's just the mic
for example, the "da" in that clip was the deepest, and it hit it, I did get a bit louder, but it sounds higher and not lower by virtue of what notes the mic registered

Any chance of moving the deadline to Monday? I only just saw this thread today I have been avoiding Holla Forums for a while due to its no fun allowed policy

Alright, I gotta know: what the fuck is going on in your first pic there?

For all those who are confused, this is how you set up a microphone and prevent peaking, at least with a computer

picosong.com/D4bL/

Not new at all. Been going on multiple chans for years.

Guess I read that wrong.

What mic/interface do you use?

If I move it to Monday, it won't get done until Tuesday probably, maybe even Wednesday, since I have to wire up a clinic's server closet.

If the deadline is Sunday I can surely get it done on Monday.

MXL USB.008 and Audacity with an On Stage ASFSS6 GB Dual Screen Pop Filter

see
in that pic, I've got my Compressor and Bitcrusher pedals activated (both were those cheap Chinese Mooer/Donner/Rowan 'rebadges')

The single cable to the far left goes to my audio interface (Presonus Audiobox, because muh MIDI), while the ones on the far right are used power my pedals and Line Out connection to my Microphone (chinese SM57 clone). Both of them run to the bathroom.

Nice setup, but your inflection is miserable

Or you meant to sing like that?

Second protip: Vocal Inflection range

picosong.com/D4Ex/

ALERT

French pedofile is about to infect this thread

Avoid at all costs

twitter.com/TheFrenchCritic/status/762014386215092224

It's probably the former (shitty inflection), as most of the time I usually just sung during church sessions, where a grand ocean of the voices of obese women and middle-aged dads would overpower everything in sight

thanks m8 (also p. useful protip for future songs)

You bastard

picosong.com/success/93d423f57ed04dfb5efa156567b9e77f/

I was gonna be a spicy memelord and add Guile's 'sonic boom' in-post, but…

So here's the voice clip if anyone else wants it.

picosong.com/success/24d1a4bc78107396d5128054ea791a4e/

You've gotta post the link that it gives you in the green field, not what's in your URL bar. You've included the deletion links.

Damnit so was I.
It's not as funny implying once people know it's coming.

ME CHAMP NOW

wow, faggots, wow

good work posting in the wrong thread, what's the next step of your master plan

this is trippy

Well, your bones conduct sound quite well. So the mic hears you singing, but you hear your skeleton singing.

this is such a controversial idea btw

nice shitposts faggot

Shit! Sorry about that.

picosong.com/D4aA/

picosong.com/D5nb
How many submissions do we have now?

About 15 now, not including me.

How many are you looking to get, ideally?

how many active users are on Holla Forums? THAT MANY.

Some of you asked in a previous thread about Val and what he did to last year's musical. I think it's appropriate during the downtime to drop by and share the tl;dr about Val and why you too can hate him.

archive.is/b9Rp1
This thread tells you everything. This was when the musical came to a full stop. It's short but juicy and a worthwhile read, a bit over 100 posts. Since then Val has confined himself to GG threads and shitting up Holla Forums. I capped some of the highlights of the archived thread. I wish this was memorialized on /cow/ or something. It's frankly beautiful in a terrifying way.

tl;dr:

If you still have doubts, read the archived thread yourself. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder how anyone can trust a namefag with his reputation. Remember, only you can help save Holla Forums from cancerous namefags. Once you're done reading this you may be wondering why some namefags continue to namefag even after they have such a terrible reputation.

Holy shit fam your amazing voice kinda reminds me of axel for some reason.

bumpin' for more singers

About 20. Deadline is today at 12PM EST. I'm thinking about extending it though.

We're still getting a decent amount of submissions during daylight hours. Might as well keep it going for a tad longer.

I love listening to you guys sing.

picosong.com/D5Ju/
Here.
First time contributing to this, feeling unreasonably nervous.
Don't know if I'll do the backing tracks.

videogames?

pretty fucking nice user

i thought she was smiling, imagine that she is

Do you have audacity? I just figured out a way to sing along while the recording plays at the same time.

Thanks.

I have audacity but I didn't use it.
I played through YT and recorded in FL Studio.
If your sound card chokes on playing and recording together, consider downloading these ASIO drivers.
asio4all.com/

Checkout here: manual.audacityteam.org/man/recording_preferences.html

With overdub on, you can record and sing the song and the background vocals in time.

That's interesting, because I'm the one who was handling the managerial aspects of the project from the start, and I already had that shit under control.

Furthermore, after bringing it up to him in a meta thread weeks prior, I tried to get in contact with Mark about the Musical, both by email and in threads, but never heard a word from him afterward. This was around the time when the anniversary show was about to happen, and there was talk about involving the two, but nothing materialized from it. I still don't know what the deal was with that.

Yup.
I still recommend using asio4all drivers with audacity as they significantly reduce latency.

I just realized you were responding to my statement about not doing the backing tracks - that's related to anxiety, not technical difficulties.

Here's my contribution: picosong.com/D56X/

Oh, I see. I think you should try it out anyway. You might do better than you realize.

Fun, user.

is this thread past bump limit?

bump limit is 300 posts or something

It will be soon if we keep talking about the bump limit.

Here's my participation.
picosong.com/D5Kv/
First chorus I just went with the "sonic boom", which can be used anytime anyway, and second chorus I sang the backup. Also ignore the beginning it was just to get my throat going. Also I didn't listen to the result, I don't like hearing my voice
Anyway mixingfag, thanks for making another one ! I can't remember if you're the one who made the metal gear solid Nuclear one (with the changed art and everything), but I'd had so much fun with it too. Can't find the video anymore sadly, guess youtube took it down

everyone just told you to fuck off, why don't you take their advice?

Nah, left another project partly because of him so nothing surprising there.

picosong.com/D5WB/
It still hurts.

The real one
picosong.com/D5WH/

Late to reading this
picosong.com/DL3j/

picosong.com/DLj3/

Bump.

I'm glad I found a quiet and isolated enough place

picosong.com/DLrP/

picosong.com/DLGf/

Well that was fun

This is magical.

bump

rebumping

I'm extending the deadline until tomorrow at 7PM.
This way, more anons can post and I have time at the end of the day to finish it.

I now have about 20 submissions included in the mix and it sounds good. Just waiting on the deadline that I set tomorrow.

Also, this is close to bump limit, so I'm setting up a new thread early.

8ch.net/v/res/10308729.html