Roguelike Thread: Procedurally Generated Waifu Dressup Edition

In the latest C:DDA experimental you can take the clothes off of NPC followers and give them new ones. Or not, if you like.

When I'm playing Brogue, it seems I can't move diagonally to or from doorways. there actually seem to be quite few situations where I'm unable to move diagonally. why is that? moving in a tunnel without diagonal movement feels horribly inefficient after coming from adom.

Any roguelikes where I can be a pirate?

At least in Nethack doors can't be diagonally moved through, small gaps where you can't move orthogonally at all have a weight limit. If you need to move diagonally through a door try breaking it.

I don't think you can destroy doors in brogue(tho' I admit I've never tried). and they automatically open when something moves on to them. but I guess that's partly because brogue tries to be simple or something.

one thing I find interesting about brogue is how there are no levels or xp and that characters improve purely thru equipment and potions. but I guess that's the logical conclusion of enemies leveling up with you or something.

'k' for kick? Although if there are no locked doors I guess the command doesn't exist.

I found a huge underground vault. It has too many zombies in it and none of them are a threat. Combat is basically just holding 5 while Fencing's counter attacks kill everything. This vault is like 9 by 9 overmap tiles large, every room is filled with a hundred Wanderers, there's a second level below this one, and I haven't found anything particularly good.

Is that a mod? Seems putting in so many wanderers in a vault would quickly make the Fallout reference overstay its welcome. But I guess the lore is bullshit anyway.

Nope, it's in the base game. I am running 2.0 spawn rate, but even if you halved the number of wanderers there'd still be way too many of them. There's no enemy variety in the vault and nothing that poses a threat to a well armored character, besides being completely surrounded and unable to kill everything before you die of starvation. None of the enemies leave corpses, which is nice because smashing all of them would make this twice as tedious.

I went and looked this thing up, and apparently there's an armory with rare guns in it somewhere in this place. I don't think it's gonna be worth slogging through this much zombie flesh.

I mean I know my way around programming, but this just scares me. I'll never make vidya

Man, Cataclysm is plagued with shitty design.

Someone should rip off the crafting and vehicle mechanics and make a Mad Max rogue like.

Anyone like elona? Or is it not rogue-like enough?

I've been playing DF a lot. Been toying with the Site building stuff. You need A LOT of food

I got fed up and used the debug commands to reveal the map, get clairvoyance, and teleport around. The armory is two map tiles from the entrance on the first floor, in one of the corners. It had 4 guns and all of them could also have been found in a lab barracks. The second floor has nothing in it but zombies and a few dozen chicken walkers in various locations. No good loot. Vaults are shit and you don't want to explore them.

I did get over a thousand rounds of 9mm off of the wanderers, though. So if you really want more 9mm than you can possibly fire, go ahead and clear out a few map tiles of the place.

Sounds awfully shit. Did they play test it at all?

There's people mentioning it on the forums and github, so presumably they've encountered it.

Where my Greco-Roman roguelike at?
It'd be fucking awesome, dungeons, unique monsters, fuck tons of gods, Olympics, gladiators, huge wars, everything. Why the fuck has nobody made a decent one?

I wish.

There's a dearth of classical-theme roguelikes.

The latest experimental version is hair-tearingly difficult.

Zooming around the archipelago on boat with fellow heroes, slaying monsters and pissing off gods would make a great game.