Bloodborne, Shoot-Stab-Win

Well this was disappointing. Glad I got to borrow a ps4 and this game instead of paying for it. I just didn't like the aggressive play style or atmosphere. What was your experience with it? did you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XVu84QxfCAM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Woops, wrong picture.

No? Okay.

NIGGER

Agreed.

Bloodborne has been discussed over and over again here, don't be surprised if noone is eager for reruns of the same thread.

Its fine

I love it apart from the bit where you have to go through the hidden village. While it's tied heavily to the the story events, it being nothing more than a straight path with a gauntlet of enemies gets boring fast. Fishing Hamlet is also one of my favourite areas out of all the Souls games.

First pic was fine.

The story is amazing to the point that people haven't even been bothered to dive into it like they did with Dark Souls because nothing will ever in their minds live up to the experience of that game.

But yeah OP I'll agree with you, for how much people here jack it off it's not very good.
It's above DS2 levels, but it just suffers from the fact it feels like every other souls game.
Less builds overall too, and the worst PvP hands down.
Area design is nice, music is nice too bad the sound effects drown it out during some bosses.
the Fishing Hamlet is really great, and living failures is probably my favorite boss just because it was a multi-fight done right. The 4 human boss variants didn't do it for me.

havelfag confirmed.

Cool Story Bro

People jack off to it for the same reason people loved the shit out of Demon's Souls, it had great atmosphere and really does have a good plot I mean even if you decided not to get into lore that much, you end up basically taking the research done from scholars and hunters before you, say fuck you to the gods and ascend. That's still better than any Dark Souls ending as much as I like Dark souls

I honestly doubt you got very far in the game by just doing that. That doesn't work in every situation or with every enemy. I've had the game since launch and still can't perfectly execute parries on bosses like the Orphan or even Maria at times. The combat really shines when you're moving fast and "dancing" with the enemy. I'd post my latest fight with Ludwig using a bloodtinge character, but I didn't do all that well and I'm not sure anybody would care to see. Personally, I love the fact that you can't block and are forced to play both aggressively and nimbly in order to dodge incoming attacks. This makes for a much more fluid and exhilarating experience. I can't really go back to DS3 because of it.

Maria's one of the easiest parry bosses, how are you fucking that up.

All Soulsborne have easy parry final/human bosses.

I know, I know. I guess I always preferred to let the fight drag on in the first stage since it's alot of fun. It also took me awhile to get the whole thing down, and I didn't play the DLC all that much. I also used to pick two-handing weapons like the beast claws, LHB, or scythe instead of going for parries. That hasn't been the case with my bloodtinge/evelyn build though.

Oh right not to mention maria's hitboxes are fucked during the last stages, her flames will linger under the floor and can still hit you.
That fight was just dumb. "NOW WHAT IF SHE DOES THE EXACT SAME THING BUT WITH SLIGHTLY MORE RANGE!"
The DLC in general was disappointing boss wise.

I disagree completely. Ludwig, Orphan, and even that fucking abomination Laurence were great. I think they're the best fights in the game. I would put Maria in there, but she can become really easy to fight if you know what you're doing. Still like the presentation of the DLC bosses over anything the Souls series has to offer. The stages and music were just perfect. Even for something as lackluster as the Living Failures.

I just got a PS4 a few weeks ago and bought this game to try it out.

Game is like 20fps

Unplayable.

youtu.be/XVu84QxfCAM
My best showcase of parry's.

Yeah admittedly I'm not very good, regardless I was pleased though. Beat all the bosses solo.

Laurence was literally the first boss with a slightly different second phase.
Ludwig was the same as every other giant enemy until phase 2, but then he dies too fast because all his attacks have the windup time of a Model T.
Orphan was just mediocre, I can't really remember much about him other than he jumped around a lot and had a big AoE lightning attack in his second phase, he was also easy as fuck to parry in phase 1.
Failures was the best boss in that DLC.

That's not very impressive considering BSB is one of the easiest bosses in the game. It's final phase can still fuck me up. I mean, can you do that with say, the Orphan of Kos or some of the bosses in the chalice dungeons? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every boss is fantastic or that the game is perfect, but the whole notion that the game falls under the "all you do is shoot and parry" line is incredibly wrong.

And I was going to post my near perfect fight against Ludwig and Maria, but it looks like I deleted it from the capture gallery for some fucking reason. I only managed it because I practiced against them for hours and across multiple characters with different setups. MGS still works the best for me, but I use Ryuko or the burial blade when I'm trying to be stylish.

Chalice dungeon bosses are really easy aside from dog. If you need to parry against giant you have other issues.
The rest are just normal reskinned enemies.

I mean come on one is literally just the pig