When playing racing games, do you prefer to use first person view or third person view?

When playing racing games, do you prefer to use first person view or third person view?

I use third person

First person for simulators, third person for arcade stuff.

Also CTR > MK64

I just switch between them.
If there's no in-car view then third person, bonnet cams are boring.

I usually use the bonnet view (not to be confused with the cockpit view), but on simulators I use cockpit view and in some arcade racers like kart racers or stuff like Nitronik Rush I use third person

Does this count as a Racing Game? It's my favorite first person game where you drive a car.

I still need to play CTR.

Is there any way to do PSX online similar to Dolphin's online? I wonder if we could get RR or CTR races.

Absolutely nothing offers as much utility as 3rd person, but other views can be more entertaining as well as more challenging, which can be preferred.

I should try and play Daytona USA 2 in cockpit view, that would be a new challenge to master.

OPs game doesn't count as a racing game so post anything.

TPS makes them easier and mario kart style of cartoonish games are more fun that way, but I prefer FPS for more realistic driving games.
Also this:

I like second person view best.

Top-down

(you) (you) (you) (you)

Don't ask him to shit up the thread, please.

Third person for kart racers, first person for simulation games and arcade racers like Daytona.

You play daytona with the camera on the bumper?
Isn't that really hard because you can't see ahead when you drift?

Sims

Simcades leaning towards sim (anything Codemasters, GT, Forza, etc.)

Simcades leaning towards arcade (most NFS, GTA, etc.)

Arcades (some NFS, RR, Burnout, etc.)

yes, i have a bad case of autismos regarding cameras

200cc is a real mans Mario Kart

Third person just for the wider FOV

Fuck every game that does this. It's the equivalent of not having a lower body in an FPS.

I personally prefer the bumper cam, it's better for the driving game. For the drifts it's all about practising and instinct
tfw my wheel only has sequential gear so I will never be albe to powerslide like the pros

I don't see anything wrong with that

Third person. What the hell?
Third person.
First person.

200cc turns mushrooms into self-destruct bombs, but the handicap system still gives them out like they're hot shit.

It's even worse than just a shit camera placement

Whats a good stat direction to build for 200cc? I remember playing 200cc with the /vg/ people one time and I couldn't keep up with any of them.

Acceleration builds

Also small body characters like the babies , Lakitu or Shy guys. They're super good for 200cc because handling , also if you get hit you can get right back up. Also have a little stats for drifting

Unless it's some extremely arcadey shit where your dimensions and steering accuracy don't matter much compared to spatial awareness and need to dodge projectiles - you have no excuse,

did ctr have multi tap compatibility?

wow that is rather fast. 200cc must be new to mario kart 8. i cant really spare the 60 dollars though.

yes, it did

Hold the phone friendo, when the flip did you come here?

Bonnet or cockpit for sims, 3rd person for arcade.
If I fuck up and know I'm about to have a huge crash I normally pause and switch to 3rd person.

Depends on the kind of racing game I'm playing. Shit like Mario Kart I prefer third, but realistic driving games I prefer first. Though I hardly play realistic ones since they're shit.

/thread