The Arkham games are on sale, are they worth playing?

The Arkham games are on sale, are they worth playing?

I want reddit to leave.

Arkham Asylum, yes.
Arkham City, maybe.
Arkham Origins, no.
Arkham Knight, eh.

Or I can ask people who have already done that what it equates to so I can get an idea if I would like it.

Did they ever fix Arkham Knight?

How similar is the combat to Asscreed?

It gives you more illusion of fun, but it's still terrible.
To its defense though, the first two games have a somewhat combo-system which is never explained and you almost never need to use unless you want to overkill.

So is it worth slogging through the combat for anything else in the game? Like the story or characters etc

Well, it's faster. Some people will shitpost and say it's "mash one button to win," but that's the easiest way to get raped by tougher enemies later on. And your score will be absolute shit.
That being said, you can really play Ass Creed with one hand - both parkour and combat (however, the stronger enemies force you to dodge / disarm / stun).

If you like Batman, yes, definitely. Story is pretty comic tier, so I guess if you enjoy those you should enjoy this one.

Don't listen to this faggot, the combat is solid and stringing together combos is fun

It's not solid. It's not as shit as people say, but it's far from solid.

I've only played Asylum and City.
The combo system is pretty useless on story mode and it's pretty easy, but on the challenges there is a little bit of git gudness required to reach max score so it's pretty fun. The atmosphere is good, running around trying to figure where the fuck is that Riddler trophy is fun, and it's got a little metroidvania thing going on with getting new gadgets every once in a while to access a new area you couldn't before.
I'd say first one is a 8.5/10, second is a 7.5/10.

I do like capeshit, so that does sound appealing.

I'll grab the first game and check it out, thanks nigs.

The first two are

GOTY edition, off pirate proxy. 5.3gigs. Have fun

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:705ca6a175e05f598dc5e88ad81acc580b7833dc&dn=Batman+Arkham+Asylum+GOTY+Edition+repack+Mr+DJ&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

First game yes. Try and resist using X-Ray vision all the time. (Why they never put a cooldown timer on it I'll never know).
Not perfect, but pretty good.

City I feel improved on what the original did.

Origins was a train wreck that took the worst parts and made it longer. Not to mention the PC port is trash.

Knight's PC port was trash. Some elements of combat were improved, but it still came down to it's worst: Mash attack and you'll win. Occasionally counter more and you have an easier chance at winning. It gives the illusion you're doing something. I don't know if the first game did this as well, try booting it up and just hammer attack and see how far you get.

Seconded. It would have been fun trying to get the maximum score for each encounter- but those scores are never saved. They have "challenge arenas" which are unlocked that do simillar, but it reveals how boring the combat is. Stealth was fun though.

If you want the story, play the first one, watch the rest of the cutscenes on jewtube.

City > Asylum = Knight >>>> Origins >>>>>>>>>>>>Blackgate

Asylum had the best setting but the combat felt incredibly after playing literally any of the other games. City made the combat flow much better and had better boss fights, but the story lost some focus. Origins was a copypaste of City that tried to shoehorn in Killing Joke references and failed while managing to be glitchy as all fuck. Knight had a shit PC port and muh tonks but had the best predator sections in the series and had the balls to end the series.

People who call the combat a one-button mash are fags who watched that one meme video of a guy playing on the easiest difficulty in an early game fight and not even attempting to do combos. Sure, it's not Devil May Cry riding on NGB's dick, but it's not Asura's Wrath casual if you're attempting to full combo an encounter.

9/10
Great atmosphere
Great designs
Great fanservice
Great pacing
Mediocre combat. It does feel like Asscreed at first, but actually requires paying attention, especially later in the game.
If you like Batman and capeshit in general, it's GOAT.

6/10
A big step down in every possible department except maybe for combat.
Too much repetitive shit to fill up "open world".

5/10
We must to fall lower.
Basically City 2.0 with worse everything.
Crime scene reconstruction thing is kinda cool on paper but realization is terrible.

2/10
A fucking joke.
And I like both batman AND metroidvanias.
They did everything wrong, literally everything. It should really be 1/10, but I really like Batman

6/10
Basically City 3.0
They fixed errors with origins, but didn't fix any errors from City.
Also I hope you like batmobile.

7/10
A better batman game than City.
Just make not-batman and be amazed how well shitty MMO can be a pretty solid single player game.
Will work for flashfags too I assume.

8/10
The best batman game before Asylum, not even joking.
You should seriously emulate it or get on actual console. It's amazingly good despite its age.

7/10
Barely a batman game, more like classic ninja gaiden game with batman skin on main character.
But it's the best 2D ninja gaiden game.

Pretty much this.

They fixed it at this point.

well if they got a nostation 4 they could get the finished version.

Turn off the QTE style notifications. Haven't played it again to see if it makes it better, but I bet it does. I hear city removes the option though.

playing on hard mode already does that. its how I played arkham asylum and it was challenging to say the least but really fun.

Notifications for both Asylum and City are deactivated on higher difficulties

The first one is really neat. The second one is OK, it's more of the same but it's still fresh enough.

The third is clearly too much more of the same, add the fact that the 2 was to be the closing part of an arc with good story and VERY good acting, it's clearly nowhere is near as good as the 2 first.
The fourth they should pay you, for even if they've fixed the launch issue it's in the "unforgivable hell" of game industry practices.

they literally abandoned it and offered refunds (because they were required by law)
the latest patch is still unplayable, and it's even uncracked because the patch used an updated version of Denuvo and nobody gives a shit about broken games

They offered refunds because it took them too long to fix it. Which they did. I bought it a couple of months ago? During summer sale I think. I played it for about 90 minutes without any technical problems.
Then I refunded it because it's a shit game.

no

Asylum feels like a Metroidvania an since it was the first to do this shit ass kind of combat you wont mind it much. If you played any of its clones first you might be already to jaded to strand this shit.

On City its more fun to just explore the map and do Riddler challenges, but it has the best boss fight of the franchise, Freeze

Origins is when even the most braindead casual will be fed up with the shitty ass combat, it also doesnt do absolutely anything new

Knight is fucking trash, the retard combat got even more retarded, you get a batcar that shoots lock on auto aim missiles the same way everytime and thats it

So if I found Origins tolerable I should definitely get Knight? I ignored it because I heard it was bug ridden mess. Did they end up fixing it?

Asylum is definitely worth your time. City is fine if you want more of the same but it suffers from a little bloat. I wouldn't bother with Knight or Origin unless you were desperate for this gameplay and couldn't care for polish.

You're full of shit. I pirated it last week and it ran fine on my fucking laptop

Origins is awful. Knight is just OK, really nothing special. I'd have skipped both if I'd known any better.

has anyone cracked the patched version yet?

This. Arkham City was very enjoyable for me. I liked being able to play as Catwoman. I enjoyed that more than playing as Bruce.

The only thing I feel Asylum could have done better was the final boss battle with the Joker.

i liked origins more than city.

The first two games Asylum and City are good and worth playing. Origins is terrible. Knight is pretty meh and runs like shit.

Knight would've been okay if there wasn't so much god damn tank combat. Who thought it was a good idea to make a Batman game and have the majority of the combat be fucking tank combat?

Asylum had awful bossfights across the board, the Joker one was complete nonsense and the Poison Ivy one was like the single worst segment of the entire game. City had good bossfights but the open world with only a few interesting buildings was way less fun than having just the few really well designed areas.

Yeah that was terrible. Monster joker was pretty pathetic. My favorite park about Asylum was the Scarecrow encounters. Those illusion battles are pretty fun.

Knight would have been much better if there were fewer batmobile sections and more predator stuff.
I really like how they gave regular enemies lots of tools to deny you your favorite tricks but they weren't aggressive enough with them. I only saw them toss a mine on a gargoyle once

i think people hate Origins only because it came out so close after City. i played it right before playing Knight. i didn't see anything wrong with it.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply the other bosses were great. I just meant they should have found a way to make the final boss fight better to end the game on a good note. That's probably what people are going to remember long after they've stopped playing

I thought the Scarecrow portions were good, the one that springs to mind is the one where the game makes you think you died.

Asylum is alright and City is pretty good. I didn't play the others but they sound fucking horrible.

City is probably my favourite. The whole thing just reeks of BTAS and I loved the atmosphere.

Since Arkham Asylum people wanted to control the batmobile. They kept asking the devs to add the batmobile.

I always thought that it was a dumb idea to have the batmobile in the Arkham games, it doesn't fit in the whole style, Arkham games are all about being in the shadows or observing the ennemy from the rooftops, not roaming the streets in a tank.