Pokémon Go developer plans to fix ‘bug’ that makes creatures run away more often

If you’ve played Pokémon Go from the beginning, you’ve probably noticed that those little buggers are getting harder to catch in recent days. Well, it turns out that is a glitch.

Developer Niantic took to Twitter today to confirm to players that they aren’t all paranoid and that pocket monsters are harder to catch due to a bug in the game. The studio revealed that this glitch causes a number of problems. It makes your throws less accurate, it omits the XP bonuses for certain throws, and it increases the odds that certain monsters will escape. Pokémon Go is one of the most popular and highest-grossing games ever made for iOS or Android devices. It is making $10 million every day across the globe, but it could quickly lose that momentum if it frustrates and enrages players. That could completely destroy its retention and engagement, which are often design aspects that are far more crucial than getting players to spend money in the $36.9 billion mobile-gaming business.

michellhilton.com/2016/08/niantic-planeja-corrigir-bug-no-pokemon-go.html

Really hope it suffers a rapid death. Mobile games are 100% concentrated cancer.

Just like big triple a. Middle ware. Dlc. Indie darlings.

Everything is cancer.

Especially the Fandom of video games.

If they don't do this both Niantic and the pokémon company are retards with no idea how to monetize this shit. They have to do something while the hype's still there.

I think it's just a stealth change that they tried to sneak by people that backfired and now they're calling it a 'bug'. Updates break mechanics all the time of course, but usually updates only break code directly or indirectly linked to the changed code, so this makes me think that even if this wasn't an intended 'bug', Niantic were certainly tweaking something to do with catching mechanics (and I doubt it was to make the game more balanced).

From what I've seen Niantic are one of the most incompetent companies in the entire industry (although they're good at mining data for Google while masquerading as a games company, I suppose). Apparently 3DS sales have skyrocketed lately though due to Pokemon GO, so I suppose Nintendo are happy either way (if it does well it's good money and lets them actually turn a profit on the Pokemon GO Plus when it is eventually released, if it does badly it drives desperate players to playing the 3DS Pokemon games instead as they actually have a modicum of quality control, though that would mean the Pokemon GO Plus will likely flop). I shudder to think of how other mobile games like Fire Emblem are going to look like after this shit.

I deleted the game after it wouldn't let me play without giving it full access to my gmail.

fyi, OP is a brazillian splogger that seems to have turned to Holla Forums for hits instead of Holla Forums after every thread of his was spammed with his home address and phone number

It doesn't matter either way dumbass, jewgle is monitoring all your shit anyway

Just put on a podcast or the ANIMOO backlog i know you have then.

Go makes you stop so often for shit that the "exercise" everyone is raving about is fucking nothing anyway unless you are of some landwhale genus.

Crutches are meant to eventually be gotten rid off.

You don't need that "game" to help you lose weight of get fit, you only need YOU and your willpower.

It's sad that such a shitty developer has the faith of the game in their hands.
These people are grossly incompetent, they don't know how to communicate with their audience and barely know what to do with the game, to the point where it was released incomplete, full of bugs, and without any server tests.

It's fucking disgusting. Nintendo should've handled Pokemon Go themselves, not give to a fucking goole subsidiary that doesn't even know how to handle google accounts permissions right

They needed the map data Niantic gathered from their last google location mining cellphone game.

Also I think they intentionally wanted Go to be as un-pokemon like as possible so as to not hurt Sun/Moon sales.

I doubt it really was that hard to make similar data yourself. Google already gives you big monuments automatically on maps.

It's just lazy, the whole thing. And that's what hurts the most, because deep down there is a a great idea.

I can't believe people are still playing this after the pokemon tracker was removed. Are they just wandering around aimlessly hoping to find pokemon?

Some people have been using web based maps that located the exact pokemon spawn points. But apparently the api also got fucked and it's no longer accurate. So yeah, the whole shit is now entirely based in luck. Then again a lot of mobile games do this so it's not really surprising

I never used the pokemon tracker because it made no sense.
I just go about my day and catch pokemon I find on the way

The tracker worked fine, I never had any trouble finding anything that I saw in nearby but I stopped playing as soon as it broke. I suppose its still playable if you live in a city or suburb.

Just to put this in perspective, Pokemon Go is worth about $1.30 million.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky made $1.49 million.

Most sales of a game are made within the first 90 days. I don't think Nintendo has much to fear.

That's generally how sourcing your shit works, user.

Imageboards are a case study into why unrestricted immigration is bad.

Yes
When you're sourcing information you're talking about, you generally want to post a link to it
This is just reposting an article, without even so much as a "Discuss :^)" at the end of the OP
Even people who post on fucking /news/ usually don't just post the entire goddamn article

Every article on /n/ just copy pastes. The news itself is designed to generate discussion, that's how it makes money.

Just go look at the Gamefaqs boards. A lot of people there enjoy getting Niantic's cock rammed up their asses with new hit singles such as "If you live in a rural area, then you shouldn't be playing.", "Who cares if finding pokemon is completely random, Pokevision is wrong.", "It's just confirmation bias that pokemon are harder to catch and running more, git gud,", and "You should running around, not sitting at a poketop." Also now featuring their new album: "Spoofers taking over gyms is the main problem with the game!" with the hit single included "This update will prepare a mass banning of all spoofers!(Just like how that totally worked at Ingress).

Seriously, just lurk for about 5 minutes there. There's people there that suck Niatics cock like it's the only thing they can properly taste.

This would be justified if there was some kind of radar feature in the game instead of wandering around aimlessly.

This whole pokevision issue can be solved if they keep adding pokemon and new gameplay. Which they obviously have no plans to do so.

Also improving security would help too.

Not the poster you were responding to, but I would usually just ignore everything and just walk/run to hatch eggs.

Reminder that:

But it gets better

Just reposting so someone can scam normalfags

Most of these problems would be fixed if Niantic made it work the first fucking time.
If tracking wasn't so fucked then Pokevision wouldn't have existed due to people not needing it.
If the game was balanced fairly around rural and urban areas (for example having the rewards for a pokestop increase with the distance walked between them) then people sitting at pokestops wouldn't be a thing.

The nearest Pokestop to me is a mile away, I'm not walking that mile daily only to get a fucking Magikarp. If I can use Pokevision to see if there's a pokemon a little further up, I'd have more incentive to go that extra mile for it.

If there's any Niantic Shill or Employees around here (There probably isn't but still)
Here's an idea. A bar under the pokemon that has different colours for how close you are (Red being close and Blue for far away) and then have that fade out to represent the timer on the pokemon, This gives players a visual queue on whether or not they should chase up a pokemon or not without it being too specific to ruin the game

There was this Compass app thing I used for a short while, it only told you the direction, distance and the timer of the pokemon, nothing specific, just North West, 240M 4:50 - Slowpoke which made the game that bit more fun because it took me down paths i've never been down before and explore my local area that bit more in search for it.

I use a throw away email account and don't allow it permission to access my files, contacts and camera and play exclusively with the AR turned off,

Tracking got fucked up because of the server load, they'll probably add it back later

People dug into it. It's actually still active, but it was broken on purpose to not display anything.

Then why not allow the sites to remain as a crutch until the devs can fix their shit?
Even before the 3 foot bug, the tracking was pretty shit as the footsteps are too vague to make out anything. The distance between 1 and 2 footsteps was about 200m iirc, 200m can be pretty far if you can't make the route directly (around houses or other things). For a game about walking around, this kind of system seems a bit designed around driving places.

$$$ People are already suggesting it was intentionally removed so they can make a new shop item to restore the steps for 1/2 an hour.

but they're not losing money by letting the websites exist while they're working on implementing a system. It seems like massive damage control and it seems to damage them more.
Without solid evidence it just sounds like bullshit at this point in time and would probably alienate a ton of their player base to do something like that. I know many mobile games work on a system where the game is barely playable until you put in money but this seems a tad extreme and undermines the purpose of the game.