First Star Wars that actually challenges the audience mentally

Is there no room for intelligent and thought provoking space opera films anymore? It's either too samey or too different for the fans. Do they even know what they want anymore?

What is the mental challenge?

Film is a visual medium, OP is correct.

You’re saying it’s hard to see what’s going on in it? What’s the challenge?

OP is mentally challenged.

It's hard for plebs to let go of thinking about the plot and only the plot and getting "into" a film and feeling what it is doing. Especially if they are rabid fanboys or girls they will be constantly thinking about the plot and how anything that doesn't follow their special sense of what the universe and characters should do is bad. They are essentially kids we are dealing with remember.

It just took every known Star Wars/Heros Arc trope and flipped it.

How is that challenging? Luke doesn't want to be a Jedi anymore, Luke doesn't want to train Rey, Finn and Poe infilrate the First Order and do nothing, Rebels fuck up and shoot themselves in the foot, the Emperor trips and falls on a lightsaber, Leia suddenly goes super saiyan, Luke dies while shitting himself on the toilet.

That's it, theres no deep meaning, no story it's just….

This seems the opposite of a mental challenge. You are saying ignore the illogical plot but focus on the pretty lights.

Is there anything more reddit than wanting to pretend you are intelectual by the pop-culture you consume instead of reading actual political philosophy and history books?

No. You just described peak reddit.

literally
the post.

Yes, believing being educated in political theory, history, and "books." is a what warrants a man being a intellectual.

What is your definition of intellectual?

Star Wars audience is mentally challenged since Return of Jedi.

That certainly is a tough question because truthfully I have a ambient view of the world so I would say by tradition a person with a lot of general knowledge not just knowledge in politics and history .

No I'm saying theres way more than just the plot. And star wars has had shitty plot for a long time so they have no business complaining when 4 films have death stars

So a person with a lot of knowledge about cars is an intellectual?

The fuck.
That's not what I meant at all.

The purpose of any medium is to convey a story about humanity and to connect with its audience. The act of telling stories imparts morals or builds community. What you want is some kind of ocular hedonism where you delcare how rapturous what you are watching is. It’s empty.

I think it’s clear you aren’t qualified to judge what is or isn’t a good plot.

Intellectuals are always self-appointed. Occasionally validated by their drinking partners, because they are usually also depressed alcoholics.

ESB and ROTS are the only two and TLJ comes the closest to them

An intelectual is a person who rather live by experiencing the richest ideas humans have produced than by social existence and exploration. So reading the best antique and modern literature is an obvious choice for a person with that trait and inclination, of seeking out who were the smartest minds and what they had to say.

Watching TLJ is not.

I think OP means it is the first Star Wars created for an audience of mentally challenged people.

Poor retards

is it really a good thing to take everything that was expected and … do the opposite? why does it have to be the opposite of everything that is expected, then that's still an inorganic cheap way of writing a movie just to try to be different and shock the audience. Just write a good story you fucking pieces of shit

all you are going to get is the same flick over and over again

Is Twin Peaks 2017 the 'same flick over and over again'?
Is Toy Story 2-3 the 'same flick over and over again' because it didn't turn Buzz into a nihilistic drunk puppet?

TLJ does mentally challenge the audience with questions like:

that's like saying ANH is the same movie as Empire. both were very different and both were good. Return of the Jedi was ok as well, if you disregard all the ewok shit.

>>>/reddit/

space cancer

Chances if you think you're an intellectual, you're not an intellectual.

those are all the same shit pleb shit