ITT: SERIES THAT WERE NEVER ACTUALLY GOOD

ITT: SERIES THAT WERE NEVER ACTUALLY GOOD

You dont have to hate a game to understand its not a good videogame.

But damn if Sega fanboys sensing the Saturn wasnt set to last long in the west tried real hard to convince themselves "press the directional buttons, the game" was a "new pillar in Segas growing library of stellar ips".

Great music, neat art style. Bad videogame subject to nostalgic, revisionist history. Billy Hatcher it was not.

No Sonic game was ever good

IGN Get the fuck out.

Go to bed, Arin.

I bet you never even had a Neo Geo pocket colour!

[game that i hate]
/thread

But seriously BloWare never made a good game

Your favorite videogame series

I want link to poz me

I like the first Mass Effect and thought KOTOR was okay, but other than that I agree.

MARK PLS, I KNOW BREATH OF THE WILD MOISTEN YOUR BOIPUSS BUT THIS IS SERIOUS.

I take it back the Sonic racing transforming game was good

that's it though, all other sonic games are shit

Get out IGN

[game you like]

=ITT: THREADS THAT WERE NEVER GOOD==
this one

fug

nights into dreams is fine, and the saturn could have easily been more successful in the US if SoA actually supported the system and didn't do retarded moves like the 32x. When you look at the numbers and how the system performed elsewhere due to it actually being supported, there's a clear winner. The Saturn has nearly twice as many games as the N64, for one.

God damn you "it's objectively shit!" fags aren't even getting things right anymore.

I bet you flip shit when someone wants to talk about Generation 1 of Pokemon or Smash Bros Melee.

I can't even post anything because no game series is objectively bad, good, average, or anything unless it's a fact about the game being something like a platformer, fps, fighter, or whatever. Taste is subjective. "Banter" is killing image boards

there a NES games with more refined and complex gameplay.

Ass Creed

Agreed

The Charles Barkley games were never good, not even Gaiden.

Nearly the entire collection of N64 and gamecube games were overrated

Nights is awesome and OP is a one-man pride parade.

Fun fact: after yuji naka threw his temper tantrum and fucked the sonic xtreme team over, the marketing budget that was suppose to go to that game went to Nights.

How would that work?
Nights is sexless.

Fun Fact: Yuji Naka is a colossal faggot.

You gotta link the things together and get combos or, "links" and get a high score to get an A rank on the level. It takes a bit of skill to chain things together, but when you do it's pretty nice. The free-flowing gameplay feels great, along with the little tricks you can do in it.

I unno man I just don't think it's for you. Might be too simple of a concept? And yeah definitely, some NES games are fucking solid; I'm playing Ninja Gaiden 1 right now and it's just about the tightest shit. Pretty much every movement in that game feels near orgasmic when you get into it and the gameplay is absolutely amazing.

fun fact: sonic xtreme never made it out of prototype stages so you're retarded and wrong

Without mentioning the music name anything about the gameplay experience of this which is 'awesome'.

Its fucking superman 64 with a better soundtrack.

Fun fact: There's like 4 different builds of Xtreme that were completed at varying degrees that were shut down thanks to Sega Japan and Naka's faggotry, so you're a retarded nigger

I'm pretty sure Naka's reasoning for wanting Xtreme canned was just him being a giant faggot that didn't want to share his engine with anyone else. Once some Sega Japan executives saw how fucked up one of the builds were the game got killed.

The original's graphics were fantastic for the time, and the PC remake looks gorgeous. The whole visual design is so fresh and comfy. The gameplay gets really exciting when you get the hang of things and go for A-ranks. And yes, the music is wonderful too.

So, all in all, a wonderful game. Naka's still a cunt tho.

good source, but no, naka had nothing to do with the production of sonic xtreme and there was no "stolen" marketing budget. Game was always in prototype phases and never fleshed out to anything meaningful because the direction sucked and no one had any good ideas to compete with mario 64.

Fallout

Final Fantasy

Dragon Age

Zelda

From what I hear Naka was a bitch about them using the Nights engine for Sonic Xtreme.

ok

Time will come to softly lay me down
Then I can see her face that I long to see
And for you, only you I would give anything
Leaving a trace for love to find a way

Nigger, where did I say that?

He made the Nights and was pissed about it being used by other developers, so he demanded STI stop using which caused development of Xtreme to get fucked over.

IN HEAVEN'S DIVIIIIIIIIDE

Kirby

Fucking this
Suck my dick nostalgiafags, every zelda, mario, and metroid game was boring as shit or average at best.

it's WHEN nigger, but i have to say, MG2, MGS and MGS 3 are pretty good, but the damage MGS V caused to me made hate the entire series and i will probably never recover from the disappointment.

It doesn't.

nobody fucking cares

Even if that was true, "the best gameplay in the series" isn't much of a milestone when you're competing with movies.

let's see you disprove it, bitch

Fewer items.

So "gameplay" is only related to the smoothness of the controller inputs? Sure is underage retarded in here

i don't see you offering a counterpoint, faggot
you're just whining like a bitch

not just a chapter user
-The world was empty.
-The characters felt soulless, gone is their charisma and personalities( Kaz is only exception).
-MB was pointless.
-Story could was a joke beyond believe.
-Extremely Repetitive Missions
-Terrible boss battles
-Shitty Level Design
-Worst use of a EXCELLENT game theme i have ever seen

The Gameplay felt good, but there was not much do to with it. what hurts more is how much potential this damn thing had and it went to waste.

Counterpoint: you are underage
Counterpoint: you are retarded
Counterpoint: you swear like a twelve year old
Conclusion: your opinion does not matter
quod erat demonstrandum

welcome to MGS and also open world games and also rushed games that had their development cut, you should've known better
You don't know the plot of the series, cool
Sure, unless you count all the hidden shit
You don't know the plot of the series, cool
Nigger it was an improvement over just sneaking forever
4 U
Welcome to Metal Gear bitch
opinion as fuck

and you're a bitch and you're getting wrecked by someone you perceive as a 12 year old, what now bitch faggot
i still don't see any counterpoints

It's better than every other game in 2015 but that isn't saying much. Though Metal Gear games have their flaws, MGSV feels like a genuine misstep.

those are not even counterpoints, Jesus fucking Christ…

Agreed only halfway: On my later replays I found the difficulty too easy, guess kid me was a casual.

A guy can hope newer Zeldas can have a more amped up difficulty option.

you seem frustrated
god it's almost like you're a lemming that had his perception of a game colored by other lemmings

except it's the best MGS game
because it's actually a fucking game

The other Metal Gear games except 4 were games too, they were just really cutscene heavy. 5 on the other hand is a lackluster game that feels nothing like MGS at all.

I didn't like 5 as a whole, but I really dug the gameplay.
I just wish it wasn't stuck to that game.

Why are you actually responding?

It's sad it just feels more like a tech demo for FOX Engine instead of a game.

I'm a sucker for bait.

the souls games are all pretty shit, soulsborne included. I've really never understood why everybody likes them so much.

2D Zeldas are almost universally good. 3D are overrated.

Uncharted and Final Fantasy though for FF it should be changed to 'never actually as good as people claim'. Some of the games in the series are passable but hardly an amazing, must have roleplaying experience.

If you like games of that style certainly. I can understand why someone who didn't grow up with vidya like that wouldn't be into it but their loss.

Indeed.

i agree with you, but MM is the exception to me.

Touhou Project

Agreed, NiGHTS sucks. That fun you had wasn't real, fanboys, it was artificial fun. The game was literally fooling you into thinking that you were having fun.

Tried a demo of this, but I never really understood how to play it. Music is catchy though

You can shove your cuckchan buzzwords up your piss hole faggot

Fuck off, retard. You can't even come up with a half not shit comeback.

Bioshock
Fable

no one ever talks about the good sonic games
The Mster System/Game gear ones

Every game you've ever liked

Seriously the combat fucking blows in that game. I tried to get into it back in the day when people were always sucking Bioware's dick. Well, even their magnum opus was a steaming pile of dog crap. the only good thing about it is there's a quest where you can skin prostitutes to make leather armor

Your family.

How is NiGHTS bad? Fuck you and fuck your bait thread.

Of course Barkley's games were never good. Unless you're a meme spouting faggot who thought Shut Up and Jam was the pinnacle of basketball games because of stupid RPG Maker game.

The only time Charles Barkley was ever in a good game was NBA Jam.

That's what you fucking get for being retarded. You wanted to know what happens to Big Boss after getting betrayed by his government in Snake Eater, well now you get to see each and every retarded, intricate detail that destroys any sense of relative realism.

I say relative realism, because some faggot is going to jump down my throat with Vamp, Metal Gear itself, and every other boss in the series. Even though Snake Eater established itself in the past and doesn't crazy ass shit like Piss Walker and TPP did. EG, MORE FUCKING ADVANCED MECHS COMPARED TO THE FUCKING METAL GEARS IN THE GAMES THAT TAKE PLACE AFTER THE FUCKING PREQUELS.

Yes, there's not much to it if you're only trying to beat it, but the game isn't about just trying to beat the levels. It's all about trying to get high scores, and doing that requires you mastering the movement system and course layouts.

This. Baldurs Gate is so overrated its ridiculous. Who exactly likes that game? All cancerous media like Kotaku seems to be always hyping it, but I've never heard any gamer say they love the game.
Baldurs Gate was the first SJW game too pretty much.

BioWare was always absolute garbage.

Kingdom hearts.
It's the most fucking mind numingly easy game I've ever seen.
KH 1 never presents anything that can't be out DPS'd and even if there is there are 2 spells that will fix that being Aero which below halfs the damage you take for a pretty long time and cure which because of the battle system, you'll get the MP back for both of these skills before you'll ever need them.
So for the most part it's mashing X.

KHcom/re:com
You make a deck of 20 9's and 5 0's and you're set or just make a deck of Ars Arcanum + the character card that stops you from getting broke, watch as you kill in 5 Ars for most of the game, this is a cool concept but not enough thought is here.

KH2
Game has such long and damaging combos that you can beat any enemy encounter by mashing attack and you'll fly around more crazy then in a DMC style video.
Then for anything challenging you just spam the easy access reflect that fucks up everything in this game, like it's not even a joke, it holds out for long combos and nothing in the game beats it, absolutely disgusting.

KH 358/2
Hey Lets advertise our game as you can play as the antagonists then make it so outside of multiplayer you can just play as this fuck boy who mashes attack and spams limit breaks with the worst padding I've seen in a game series since persona 3 and 4 managed to make me loop going from school to my bed room repeatedly 20-30 times till I can play the game.

Birth by sleep
Closest to good game but it's broken since one of the magic skills you can easily obtain within an hour of the game as each character is bugged to do stupid amounts of damage and this was never fixed in any final mix version, when you get to the known hardest superboss and proceed to instantly kill him you wonder where the devs went wrong.

RE:coded
Again retardedly easy but at least this one is goofy to look at since all the attacks in the command deck have 0 recovery so you lunge from attack to attack super fast which is a laugh but it has the worst level design in all the games where it itself feels like padding to the boss fights.

Dream Drop Distance
Main character Sora is a fucking retard the whole time and it pisses me off that after this game he's still the main character.
As for combat it's a dumbed down Birth by sleep with a pretty to look at free running like ability that offers alt attacks that are all worthless for anything above normal since they take forever, do eh damage and don't have I frames.
Story is worthless as it all means nothing but what happens to certain characters at the end because it's all a dream, if you complain about spoilers go fuck yourself because it's in the title, even the enemies give it away with their name, Final boss is a model rip from BBS too, it's not meant to be but it's obviously because it's in a stance only he had.

Fuck the hacks who make these games and fuck the people who think the gameplay in any of these are good, you are all the reason Action RPG's like FF15 is turning out to be 1 button mashing trash, because they know you'll eat it either way and say it's good.

The Combat is slow and clunky, and fights are decided way too quickly for what is a one on one wait-fest, waiting for enemies to open themselves up for a few smacks.

The atmosphere is horrid and oppressive, and it shuts down the feeling of wanting to get to the end. The fact that they encourage you to get better at the game doesn't change the fact that they're designed to be frustrating and demotivational as fuck, and there's nothing to gain from it. At the end of the games all you get is to decide whether or not you want to let the apocalypse happen to a world that is literally already dead and covered in shit.

If I'm going to invest my time into improving skills there are countless other Action RPGs, third person shooters and so on that would be infinitely more satisfying to progress through.

Just fuck off.

Yeah man, you're right, nearly every game is shit, especially that pac fucker shit