ITT: surprisingly good games

ITT: surprisingly good games

Can't say much for the gameplay, but the plot was interesting.
It's not every day you get to experience some schmuck's dying fever dreams featuring head jackass from Law & Order.

PS2/Xbox one is great stuff, basically a THUG2 reskin
Hipsters/Scalpers are selling it for over 30 bucks too

Among more or less recent ones, these.

Underrail is fantastic

Was downloading a bunch of Trials for shitty Xbox Live Indie games just to play and make fun of, played this and immediately paid 1 dollar for the full thing. Surprisingly interesting game, for an Indie title.

I was expecting a shitty tie-in to the latest movie but while it is a pretty bog standard sandbox action game, it was surprisingly entertaining with fun vehicle combat and some of the feeling of the old movies rather than exclusively new shit.

Everyone knows Riddick is a good game from day one, you're not special.

Fuck off.

Sage for reddit unpopular opinions thread.

ITT shit taste

:^)

This nigger gets it. Fuck the Tarzan levels though.

Nice downvote, friend

They took the stuff that made the Mr. Freeze fight so interesting and gave it to all the enemies.
It's still a bamham game but they tried their damnedest to end the series on a high note

Nice upboat, reddit.

How was the sequel? I'm thinking about downloading it.

Dark Athena is not a sequel, it's a re-release of the original which adds new shaders and bonus levels after you complete the base game, although I hear the new shaders and levels are kind of sucky

Dark Athena was an expansion technically but bundled with the orignal game.

fuck eldar

Black Cocks 3 was better than i expected. My expectations were pretty low, but it was the voice acting and fucking weird story that did it for me.
Should have included the rest of the Farscape cast though.

Riddick games are good because Vin was working with the devs to make it

not as good as Butcher bay but good

This is for you.

It's pretty damned fun and the combat is pretty fun for one of those arkham combat games, and it's incredibly tough in some areas

Great taste my man

I really don't care what became of him, but having recently played it on PC, my 16 year old self would have killed for a game like this when I was in that phase.
Not too long, good mix of different things to do, even if most were average at best.

i don't know why i played this

RPG autists like the first one cause of all the dialogue choice shit and overcomplicated inventory system. 2 is the better game because it removed "features" that were just garbage padding and bad drsign, but people will claim it's casualized for that reason.

To this day i still can have fun with these even Catz

What the fuck is up with all the farscape posting lately ?

Not even mad. This climax heroes series is really underrated.

I enjoyed it quite a bit myself, for what it was. But the upgrade tree felt like a shit last second thought for the sake of having one.

Loved the in game screenshot editor. Probably where most of my play hours went in to

Sang-froid is an indie gem. The voice acting is complete shit, the story was so bland that I only started playing attention towards the end when it became relevant to the gameplay. The graphics are nothing special.

But Lumberjacks vs Werewolves is a damn fine game. It's not quite tower defense, you need to activate most traps manually and it's pretty common to have to finish off the last couple of enemies with your axe. But it manages to capture that feeling of defeating a numerically and physically superior foe by using your wits and your huge woodsman balls.

Would recommend.

huh, never thought such a thing existed. why is lucy lawless so hot

Fuck off >>>/reddit/

What about this old pearl?
Technically a cash on that one modern animated movie Disney tries desperately to forget despite it being in kinda/sorta preproduction since the little mermaid.
But instead of having anything to do with that story, its set some years latter as Jim becomes an officer in the royal navy. The rest of the game is a "ships of iron, men of war" thing, set in space, with machineguns, motars, torpedos, mine fields and brutal boarding actions in a war of attrition against motherfuckers with SPACEIronclads.
Its fun, has tons of explosions and carnage in general. Note for example the battle damage in pic 3, where large chunks of the hull has been blasted away along with most of the ships guns, while fire rages across the deck. Sails, rudders and other such things can also be shot to pieces to gimp enemy ships.
Its all way more fun than any tie in to a disneymovie should be.

More like Elevator Conversation Simulator

There's a fair amount of people that still play the multiplayer for it. Mostly South Americans

CTU TAKE COVER !!!

What said.

GET OFF MY BOARD REDDIT

GET OFF MY INTERNET REDDIT

GET OUT

It's like Space Rangers 2 and Star Control slammed together. Good shit, even though I heavily recommend grinding your fucking ass off until you get a decent fleet before even attempting the story because Pug War will fuck you over.
Got it for free, friend talks me into at least trying it, so I lobbed a DLC unlocker on it and it's surprisingly good despite all the shit people talked about it. Pretty easy and buggy to boot, but for a game i got pro bono publico - surprisingly enjoyable.
Got it for like a dollar at some point. Decent arcade to kill an hour or two, plays kinda like ace combat.
Seems to be updated regularly too.
DayZ without most of DayZ's problems and also free. Can't really go wrong with this one if you want to be a "muh survival" faggot.
Mods require some fuckery to get them working though.
Dark Souls, except 2D, not $60, not riddled with metafaggotry, doesn't have two shitty sequels and is actually a finished game. Oh, and a lot of metroidvania vibes what with item-based progression.
Has some bugs though, so be careful.
Another one I got for free, but honestly should've bought it instead. Autism in pure calcinated form. If you ever wanted to make "da fastest car" then this is what you should try. Also a great educational tool if you have fuckall knowledge about how cars work.
Early access though and developers are kinda assholes with slow updates, but those are usually some pretty fucking big shit when they happen.

I know, indieshit and overkike, already killing myself.

Before I played Dota 2 I thought it would be some shit tier p2w game like LoL but instead it is in my top 10 since I love Gaben and want him to notice me.

From the reviews you'd think it was the second coming of old Adolf himself.
It's probably the best game from Nu-id software.

Shame about the crippling memory leak that still isn't fixed to this day.

The final segment of the game outright sucked.

I have to agree with this, it's the only cod game I've bought since MW2 and BO3 was actually decent.

But those are kittens

oh boy an fps from id let's hop into multiplayer ……. cars?

Black Ops 3 was genuinely decent tbh lad.

I found it kinda fun

Xena has some hard platforming sections which always ended up killing me.

fuck off

why?

OP didn't say "unsurprisingly bad games"

Office politics surrounding the movies production, it turned out to be kind of shit and was as close as disney comes to a box office bomb.

I CAN FEEL THE RAGE, user!