Blizzard Q2 earnings report: heroes of the storm is dead

Blizzard Q2 earnings report: heroes of the storm is dead

It was never very good to begin with, but if even Blizzard can't keep an ASSFAGGOTS alive maybe the nightmare is over and they are finally dying off?

Could such a wonderful thing be happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ez4Er
archive.is/7VE43
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If they finally made an offline mode, I'd go back to it in a heartbeat.

Keep dreaming, Overwatch alone could carry them if needed. Nobody that isn't a vegetable is surprised HotS failed miserably.

Not Blizzard, Mobas. Even Blizzdrones arent enough now. Thats a sign of an over saturated genre on the decline.

HotS was really fun for a weekend, but the shit balance and forcing of team play pretty much killed the fun of it. Individual skill means little and ranked system is one of the worst of its kind. Rather just play an actual MOBA at that point.

Don't give a shit about OW since its basically the HotS of class based shooters thats carried off marketing/market tested designs, WoW burned me to many times to give a shit about it at this pont. D3 gets boring after your first run through and HS is a shitty MTG with even worse balance.

I know way to many people who defend Blizzard to the death and frankly its kind of depressing.

Shame OW is going to sustain the company for years

Sadly i think Hearthstones already been doing that for a while. Diablos expansion was years ago, SC2 is over and dead and WoW maybe get a one quarter huge player uptake with Legions release but i dont think anyone expects that to last beyond 90 days.

That shit magic clones keeping them alive. This is the timeline we live in.

Diablo 3 has actually the POTENTIAL to survive if they just made it proper offline.
Compared to it's release state, it's now a decent game.
It's not the best diablolike ever, but it has pretty good animations, it feels snappy to play, and they've balanced it to the point where it's overall pretty enjoyable, it's a very different product from what we got back during it's release.

But making the switch to no online DRM would means admitting they were wrong, and blizzard just isn't prepared to do that, ever.

blizzdrones are literally the worst

ASSFAGGOTS have never been a profitable venture. League only succeeded because not many people had seen this type of gameplay before, and DotA2 made it because of brand recognition. There have been lots of failed ASSFAGGOTS over the years. You will not succeed by making an ASSFAGGOTS, don't even try.

I dunno man, valvedrones nowadays are pretty fucking cancerous as well.

It's not balanced that we'll all late game builds are cookie cutter armor sets.

Why do people even like that game so much?
It's a low-grade TF2. And yes, I've actually played it. The level-design is awful and it's clearly heavily inspired by TF2, no matter how much the devs deny it. The game even has a mode that TF2 invented: Payload.

Well look at the platforms. If you own a PS4 and see your friends enjoying games like splatoon what do you have? cawadoody?
Its just different.
-and it has colourblind settings which according to CB people i know is a rare and huge deal in shooters.

HoTS is a laughably shit MOBA, that's why.

Fuck those losers

hopefully when it finally dies Blizzard is remembered for when it innovated and had talented writers and not for being chinese-tier valve

I tried it once and it felt like casual garbage relying on brand recognition and i dont like mobas enough to stick with it so dropped it after a day.

I never heard shit about it till a few people i watch on youtube like 'epic name bro' suddenly jumping onto it for like 3 weeks them going "and as for hots?….yeah it… it is what it is" and "it is what it is " is brand loyalty for "even i give up on this shit".

I've heard its attempt to host esports events was a colossal failure as well.

I would argue that is more ASSFAGGOTS inspired than anything else, higher level games always boil down to each team waiting on a map choke point until ultimate are ready>teamfight>attacking team cap the point/repeat

Level design indeed limits the game too fucking much, TF2 at least had alternative pathways where you could flank the other team, or simply push when the other team wasn`t there

Shitwatch doesn`t have that, every fucking point cap map has artificially made chokes where you HAVE to bust through

They don't deserve to be remembered in that way, they've shit on much of the people responsible for their greatest works who've left.

Mei still remains a semen demon i think everyone can agree.

Except filthy Tracerfags.

No worries, they will bring it back from the dead corrupted

Does it have enough female characters? Big papa Chrissy M. needs his broken women to maintain an erection.

D3 in the same room with friends is fun

1. It doesn't take skill.
2. Its made by Blizzard so its popular.
3. Instant gratification in your "ultimates"
4. Delayed gratification in supply drops or whatever that drops cosmetic shit.
5. Waifus

The days of Loaded on the Saturn are long gone. ;_;7

Seconding this, ps3 version is a blast.

HOTS wasn't even a very good MOBA though. i mean, even hardcore blizzfags disliked the quick matches and the lack of items/personal levels

It's low-grade TF2 but at least it doesn't have bullshit unlocks and hats.

Skins are in the game, and they basically fit the role of hats.

Do you need to buy a key to open their lootboxes though?

See that's how I know it's fake.
15 million is a global phenomenon. That's Pokemon Red/Blue or Pokemon Go sized. You'd see TV talking about it if it were true.

Much of them are Chinese, I imagine.

Compared to normalfags and pokemon go its small change.

and you know shooting games are only talked about when asking why they made the gamergoobers hate ghostbuster 2016 and go on school shootings, gotta push the right narrative wamwamfambalam.

The skins aren't nearly as obnoxious as most hats(sans the goth Tracer and Zarya skins) and you can't paint them.

Anybody know the original video this is from?

Is Overwatch the family guy of cartoony shooters?
Shit even if you someone a picture of the scout fucking tracer, he cannot notice a thing.

Because she can semen out of her guns?

Maybe this maybe the other

That's a surprisingly good analogy.

Thats been patched out, hitboxes are normal now, but people like to pretend its not so that they can still complain about something that doesn't exist.

And yeah here it is

Wouldnt that apply more to stillbor-i mean battleborn?

Some faggot overwatch player said they fixed the hitboxes, was he actually telling the truth or was it another case of "b-b-b-but thats not true!"

Go back to your containtment thread or even better, leave to reddit or halfchan.

Battleborn is the Cleveland Show of cartoony shooters

TOP JEJ.

It really is summer.

I would actually say

These analogies are bizarrely accurate.

No, they didn't. I was watching my brother play. He was pulling people through walls with Road Hog and just about every hilariously bad shot he took was counted as a hit (probably why people like it).

kek

The Simpsons analogy is shockingly appropriate as a whole.

Seriously?

Well either way, twas fun while it lasted.

We'll never see anything like that ever again

Mei is a precious treasure.

Japanese women and half white Asians girls have pink nipples.

Go give a blowjob to a shotgun.

I had almost more fun playing Median and Eastern Sun that playing vanilla D2.

They are also doing something with the diablo IP, probably some casual hearthstone style shit.

I always go back to that mod when I got the Diablo itch.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh god, the ride never ends

I never thought they could make butts better than queen of blade's but god damn those overwatch girls.

blizzniggers rush to an ASSFAGGOTS when there were all these others.

Just why in the fuck?

even at their worst bliz can make some damn fine asses.

I have to admit, I've been playing WoW for 10 years. It's finally gotten so bad that I will not be returning, ever. I hate Blizzard for what they did to Warcraft - the blatant censorship, the rape of the lore, the inane design decisions…

But I've been fighting the temptation to buy Overwatch for over a month now. I don't have any problems with disposable income and buying it off G2A would guarantee that Blizzard doesn't get my money… but I still don't want to on principle… it's just morbid curiosity.

And of course not to mention that Overwatch is dripping with SJW propaganda. Anyone who thinks the Tracer pinup pose is anything but a backpedaling after the previous removal caused an epic shitstorm is an idiot.

but that's wrong you fucking retard

It's better than TF2 in almost every way.

Take that as you will, TF2 has always been pretty fucking shit.

HotS has serious balancing issues.
Im sick of carrying my team solo with someone I dont wanna play like Jaina, and not being able to do shit with Falstad

Because it does class-based gameplay far better than TF2 did. Note that I said class-based gameplay, not quake-based gameplay.

TF2's biggest problem is that it's attempt at creating a class-based shooter falls apart since the balance favors the quake-derivative classes, in which case you might as well just fucking play quake.

Well ok, I'm exaggerating, TF2's biggest problem is that the devs that have been handling the game post-release are goddamn retards.

No it isn't you fucking retard. It just means Blizzards cash grab into ARTS failed because it doesn't stand up to dota

How many doter lockboxes have you bought friend?

Don't blame it on post-release, user. The game's problems were baked in with the beta. Pyro, while more functional than his original incarnation, serves no actual purpose in a game where ALL classes ramp up at close ranges. His airblast doesn't even begin to level the playing field.

Then you have Sniper, the only class built around long range combat. He can drop five out of nine classes with a quick-scope head shot. It's terrible design.

your opinion is wrong

what no that's wrong this bothers me

When a company doesn't talk about one of it's games in a report, chances are it's doing really bad.

I am not going to lie: I didn't think HoTS was going to be so bad even Blizzard is trying to ignore it. This game other glaring problems besides the horrible rank and balance (fuck stealth heroes):
-You're forced to play on some really shitty maps (Raven), and some maps have RNG that can cheat you out of wins (again, the fucking Raven level).
-Team composition in random games is horrible because it'sa crap shoot.
-Game came out with incomplete, half-assed models and skins that are really fugly. The team got really lazy with alternate colors for the models and skins.

The kicker about HoTS was it was supposed to be the most chill game to play until Metzen and Kotick saw the money LoL and Dota made; then they tried to force it as an e-sport by even buying teams to play it at Blizzcon (one guy from a pro team accidentally admitted he hated the game at Blizzcon in front of the camera).

When I played it, the game felt soulless to me. There are hidden jokes the characters when you click on them multiple times a la old RTS games, but 80% of the lines were horrible or too "try hard" (Nova had one really cringeworthy line about loving someone in a comic, and Jaina was painful to listen to).

6. SJW-pandering

It helps rememering how Bobby Kotick and Metzen's greed completely ruined Blizzard and its games. I want to go back to Diablow 3, but RoS got worse with broken seasons, and a meta Blizzard forces you to play by if you want to experience everything. D'Va looks like fun, but I just can't support Blizzard like I can't support Capcom.

Zero. I've spent no money on the game.

seems like intentional design. First they create overgenerous lag compensations to help bad players and make the game more randomized. Now they hardcode it into the game itself, like with the street fighter V input delay, or call of duty black ops 2 built in lag.

older games are better since they won't have any of this and networking is coded much better.

No keys, but you can buy more crates with real money and hope you get the skins you want!

archive.is/ez4Er

At least Valve now lets you trade or sells skins and hats.

Too bad you can't trade in Dota 2 anymore.

They've already fixed it. The projectile hitboxes are considerably small now.

If there is anything the game doesn't have its obvious SJW pandering. Censorship? Sure. Zarya? Sure. But both of these things completely bass by normalfags.

pass by*

At the end of the day… Is Overwatch fun to play? That's the most important core element. I am still curious about it, I like the art style, but I have literally avoided looking at anything from the game.

Yeah.

Yeah it's pretty fun.

There are some aspects where you can tell Blizzard were prioritising making the game more enjoyable. Like never running out of ammo or making it so you don't lose your ultimate charge when you die.

To be honest HotS is the best MOBA game there is.

Name one arena or team based FPS where ammo is EVER a concern.

Second point is valid, it just makes risky plays less risky.

Running out of ammo in a shooter is pretty tedious (coming from playing TF2 where Valve was really had at balancing ammo limitations with some weapons) and losing your ultimate charge when dying would be pretty frustrating if you had one fully charged.

Overwatch players everyone.

Actually I found allowing you to keep your ultimate charge leaves you more open to plan when they can be best used. Otherwise you have this "I better use it while I still have it" mentality going.

Lets break it down shall we, I'll start with the classes.

Nearly every class (engi exception) in TF2 has 2 weapons and a melee, that's it. Most weapons do NOT have alternate fires, nor do a majority of weapons provide alternate utility.

Nearly every class in Overwatch has a weapon, a melee, 2 abilities, and an ultimate. Several classes have alternate fires and secondary weapons. Simply put, it's more utility on any given character at any given point in the game. More player agency, more skill.

Ultimates are probably one of the sticking points. Lots of people tend to think of them as no-skill instant-kill moves. While they may be "easy" kills, they are by no means uncounterable or completely without skill involved. Still, TF2 manages to be the greater offender here with the Ubercharge. The only ultimate in Overwatch that provides pure invincibility is Zenyatta, and only to himself, and he cannot do damage while using it. The Ubercharge in TF2 is built by hiding behind lines and overhealing characters (or healing self damage), and then provides total invincibility to damage to both the medic and the offensive character he Ubers.

Hitboxes. TF2 projectile hitboxes are flagrantly bad. Even compared to overwatch pre-fix, TF2 is basically a giant cube. There's simply no excuse. They have decent hitscan boxes but overwatch hitscan was fine anyway and now overwatch projectile boxes match as well.

Random crits. Overwatch doesn't have them, this should require no further discussion.

Server size. While being limited to 6v6 can get a bit stale, server-browser users tend to gravitate towards the largest and most populated servers available. This means that in tf2, 20v20 clusterfucks are the norm. This is not a fun, reasonable, or skilled way to play the game.

You're fucking retarded

If every character has a special ultimate then that's not so special. Remember Arena Shooters when you had to find the rocket launcher or BFG?

Mini crits and critical hits are an essential part of strategy in TF2. Some weapons are built around building more consistent mini clips at the cost of never being able to do a full critical. Dota 2 even expanded this concept with stuns and mini stuns

But also, games with RNG higher skill ceiling than games that don't. The reason for this is because you have to plan for unexpected situations you have no control over and minimize your loss.

Nice projection pal.

No you complete fucking retard, they are not dying off and they probably won't for a very long ass time given their absolutely insane capital thanks to WoW.

Wow. Just wow. Kill yourself please.

Sometimes going past the first line is okay bud.

He meant are MOBAS finally dying off, not blizz.

except for
archive.is/7VE43

ok

Jesus christ.

instead of assfaggots we get shitty, casual team based first person games. please kill yourself if you think either of these are good things.

Sometimes its best to pause. Take a breath and reflect on what you are doing and why you are doing it.

The Sniper being able to instakill on a headshot at any time from any range with no build up or counter is bad design, yes. Only Heavy, Soldier, Demo, and Pyro can survive a no-charge headshot.

What's wrong? So locked into a meta that you can't adapt to having to play around something that lowers the skill gap ?

Explain why this is bad design. Seems like the sniper would be pretty useless if he couldn't instakill on a headshot.

I'll never care about 'competitive gaming'.
Keep that shit in gookland where it belongs, white losers need real jobs, not becoming "professional mouse-clickers".

Burn in hell, blizzard.

It seriously amazes me how much money people spend on Hearthstone.

I don't know how people can enjoy a game that has such an absurd amount of RNG. Even by card game standards it's pretty ridiculous.

It reminds me of how cawadooty keeps trying to increase the RNG factor with each game so everybody has a nearly 1:1 K/D ratio and they can all feel like winners.

Apparently retards will dump thousands of dollars into a game if they think their good at it.

It's bad design because it's a game built around close quarters to mid range combat. Sniper can drop five out of nine classes with two clicks of the mouse.

What I'm saying is that Sniper should never have been grandfathered in, at least without significant changes. The Huntsman, despite being retardedly luck based, is closer to how he should have been designed. Boost HP to 150, give him some sort of defensive mechanism like a beartrap or something and he'd be a defensive counterpart to Spy.

I don't think you even know what projection means.

Please repeat the last sentence I said in the post you just quoted.

it's not so much that they're dying off it's just that the casual ASSFAGGOTS that EVERYONE's going for are boring and shallow. Dota's doing just fine while people are getting bored of everything else. That's because none of the copies have been done well. They're just shallow imitations that draw the illusion of being fun but once you figure out the key mechanics you get bored of them quickly. No one's really tried to experiment with the ASSFAGGOTS genre much. Well, everyone that did tried it in a "we'll make it more casual and add a spin" way which was basically 1 step forward 2 steps back.

You know why it has not been much of a concern in other games?
Because people knew their ammo was limited and they were not spamming it / wasting it, but now with infinite ammo like in overwatch people can just hold M1 on a chokepoint. Your point is fucking stupid, it is a big concern, it doesnt punish brainless spam.

So you don't want to reward those players that actually play well and survive neither you want to reward those good players that eliminate others properly.

I took a break from Doom with GunCaster for this shit thread? Since when there are people that think it is fine to play Overwatch/give money to Blizz here? It's worse than fucking Stillborn and we don't have Shitborn threads meanwhile we do get circlejerk threads of the LeagueOfLegendsTF2.

Since they got a dollar per post.

You didnt hear? 4cuck under DoSS attack.

So that's why.

I fucking loved those for when I got tired of D2. Thing is, it took me YEARS to get tired of D2, but it took about 80 hours on vanilla, and about 140 hours on expansion to get tired of D3. I don't think you could find a modding crew good enough to pump that kind of life into D3, the core of the game is fucked.

I was going to ask why you would even keep up with 4chan to know this.

But its /d/, isn't it?

if ult was lost on death it would just turn into killstreaks, something that further increases the gap whenever one team or player has an advantage

Even if those faggots are coming here due to DoSS attack, that doesn't explain the almost daily threads of OW here.
One thing is cancer waifus and porn, another thing people actually playing this kind of crap here.

If you eat shit (like OW), you have no reason to whine about other shit games and the most important part, you can do it elsewhere.
Eating shit here means with a group, means that its "ok" to eat shit here, therefore attracting more shiteaters and we would end up with what happened to halfchan, minus moot faggotry at least.

Look niggers, you can enjoy whatever videogame you want, it's up to you really, if you have guiltypleasure over some shit that is okay, everyone has something like that. But if you need to eat shit, don't do it here.

Back to Doom mods with me.

Just look in catalog. 2-3 threads about DoSS and migrating.

Piss off, Blizzard shill.

No, it's that LoL and Dota have too strong a stranglehold on the ASSFAGGOTS genre. LoL has the casuals, entry-level players and those who picked it up first and refused to change. Dota has HoN refugees plus people looking for a top tier game. Smite picks up all the people falling through the cracks.

HoTS had to steal so much room, but it ended up with very little

Wisp overnerfed

Well HoTS would probably had a rather fine life if the Blizzard devs would have fucking taken ANY example of how the genre is supposed to work from their predecessors. Instead they just kind of threw it together on SC2s engine, and told the players "THIS IS FUN, YOU PLAY NOW. DON'T LIKE IT? TOO BAD, IT'S FUN BECAUSE WE SAY IT IS"

Listening to feedback that didn't come from fanboys would have helped too. They didn't listen to anyone's feedback unless it involved ass-kissing after everyone told them adding Lol's rune system to HoTS was incredibly stupid.

The Vaccinator is a fucking infuriating medigun to have to deal with even though it's nice on paper. Even moreso because of the changes to laser weaponry Valve decided was a bug because the programmers that actually want to work on the game stupid fucking flat-management structure that doesn't work with more than 50 people max, so now the Righteous Bison, Pomson, and I think Cow Mangler don't totally bypass Vaccinator's damage resistance by being considered typeless damage.

What?

I would go as far as to say they simply didn't listen to anyones feedback whether it had ass kissing or not. There were some really solid ideas that they came up with on their own, but not enough to outweigh the fact that there has been a hero at nearly 100% popularity for a REALLY fucking long time, completely unaddressed.

The Pyro is bad because he's a close quarters specialist in a game where most damage ramps up the closer you get. He's out gunned and out ranged unless he's hunting a Medic or a butterknifing Spy.

The Sniper is bad DESIGN. He's one of the strongest classes in the game, but that's because of his bad design.

Because the programmers that actually want to work on the game are morons, I meant to type.

Really does further solidify the argument that the new TF2 devs don't even play the game. Like, there was nothing fucking wrong with the Righteous Bison and they decide to gimp it. Now I'm pretty sure nobody uses it anymore. They've made a lot of shit decisions as of lately, and it doesn't help that it doesn't feel like they're really trying to fix things.

It's simply better than tf2 in every way except for the community, which valve killed in the latest meet your match update. There is no reason at all to play tf2 anymore, the only life it had, messing around casually, is pretty much dead unless you know someone that has a popular casual server.

Oh, man, they definitely don't play the game. Matchmaking had so many fucking bugs that wouldn't have seen the light of day if even a passing playtest had been done that it's staggering, and apparently only one or two changes for MyM were actually suggested by the comp cocksucker they were developing it with. He was just as floored by the stupid and/or unnecessary changes as everybody else.

Community servers have been on an upswing because of matchmaking being a fucking mess, nowadays you can find a decent enough server pretty easily even if you have to put up with 24/7 Turbine or similar. Same goes for actual player-numbers, off the top of my head, they've only been going up since OW's release.

I really don't know why you're complaining about hitboxes in TF2. They're fine the way they are. Especially projectile hitboxes… Pipes aren't even that easy to hit and rawkets… they're fine the way they are.

Now, if you're making a case against the huntsman and the fuck huge hitboxes… then I'm inclined to agree, but the weapon is so fucking shit and it's only good for spamming chokepoints. And in a game like TF2 where you need precision, the huntsman isn't going to cut it. The weapon is affected by gravity and fires slow.

If anything, the hitreg is terrible.

Use competitive mode or go onto a server that doesn't have it enabled.

I think this is fine. People play however they want to play. I don't want to play with a person that knows nothing but 16v16 matches in a 6s.

This is where I disagree. It's dismally easy to build your ultimate charge in Overwatch, and it's your reward for constant offense and dishing out damage and healing. However, even if you were to walk away from your keyboard, you'd still get charge for your ultimate. You really don't need coordination to build your ultimate. You simply need to live and keep on chugging. If you die, no biggie - you don't lose your charge. In fact, charging even persists through death.

This is obviously to allow a "perpetual comeback" for weaker teams or teams that did a lot of mistakes early on in the game. This is also partially to prevent a useless endgame where the losing team has little choice but to prolong it.

In TF2's case, building an Ubercharge is much more calculated and passive. A medic that hides behind the lines is ultimately useless - he's to make sure classes on the front lines win confrontations. The medic is the weakest class and requires constant help from other classes to stay alive. This is where entire metas are built, like "Passive & Aggressive Scouts" where the passive scout is dedicated to defending the medic, while the aggressive is more our less out for blood, out to kill other medics.

If the medic dies in TF2, then the team is put at a major disadvantage. In multiple ways, first off: if the medic dies with an UberCharge… it's gone. The other team now has a UberCharge advantage which is huge due to the utility and usefulness of an Ubercharge. Which means the team with the dead medic now has to scramble to build up their own ubercharge, and do their best to have the enemy team waste their charge.

With a dead medic, it'll be harder for the team to stay alive and win confrontations. If anything, they'll be forced to retreat.

Then it's also worth keeping in mind that the Ubercharge isn't as amazing as you make it out to be. Sure you're invulnerable to damage, but you can actually separate the medic and his patient with explosive knockback and air-blasting.

You're really comparing apples and oranges here. TF2's entire gameplan hinges upon Ubercharges for pushes and changing the tide. Zenyatta's entire ultimate is for keeping the team alive and saving them from dangerous situations.

It's always amusing how players of extremely casual games can't just admit that they play it because it's easy. They have to go into some pretentious almost 1984 like "war is peace" oxymoronish nonsense, "You see being able to use this really strong ability for simply no other reason than because you've been playing long enough really does add so much depth! It's not so any shitter can use a really powerful ability so they can feel better about themselves!" I look forward to more whimsical rationalizations on why overmeme isn't the casualized, kiddie game it so strikingly resembles. I've been listening to League of Legends, HOTS, and even Skyrim players talk about how their games aren't kiddie trash for years as well (did you know setting Skyrim to Legendary forces you to manage your gold?!)

I am certainly looking forward to future overmeme player pieces such as "The unconventional depth of extremely generous hitboxes" and "How infinite ammo actually improves ammo management."

You poor naive man

But TF2 relies more around movement, map control and pushing with multiple people.

Most ultimates ARE easy 1shot kills, that removes any resemblance of skill from the game.

Random crits were removed from competitive, and most servers have them disabled.

You charge Uber slower if you are constantly only healing one person that is not being damaged, getting in the fight and healing people damaged has you get uber faster.

I never found any issues with hitboxes, but in TF2 they don't need to be top priority as most weapons are hitscan close range weapons or projectile explosive weapons.

I love how people try to hide the fact their game is a DoTA clone by using words like ARTS or MOBA.

A real MOBA is Quake 3 Arena.
ARTS? Starcraft BW and SC2 has more Action than a typical Dota CLone.

MOBA was a forced meme by Riot so as to try and avoid being called a DotA clone. Riot may be bad at just about everything there is when it comes to making good games, but they do know how to market.

Not hard to understand. Were swamped with redditors and half channers. Its why we keep getting so many unpopular opinion threads and template threads too. They're all over the site, like a fucking disease.

Okay, i understand that some of them do platics.
I understand some of them make fake tits.
I understand all of them put a lot of cosmetics to look european.

But fake nipples? That crosses the line.

I completely forgot HotS existed.

Trips of truth. We have unpopular opinion threads just abut every day now, and they are always filled with the exact same posts. People seem to use them as a way lash out because Holla Forums doesn't like a game they like or likes a game they failed at..

Its pigment dye, like getting your asshole bleached

I'l bleach your asshole with my cum!

I like HoS and still play it. Never spent money on it though nor do I plan to

And one who plays ASSFAGGOTS or CRAPCUNTS is a retard

Template thread was exposed as goon pushed shit to fuck this place so fuck off, this isn't your sekrit club, if a certain topic triggers you so just hide the fucking thing, you have numerous tools at your disposal so you don't have to see it.

Heavy has a fucking PhD in a time period where college actually meant something. Given that Medic lost his medical license, Heavy's actually more of a doctor than Medic is.

A PhD in literature

A PhD in Russian Literature from sometime before the 1950s still means that he took and passed non-bullshit classes to get there, and likely actually studied literature as a discipline, rather than just writing down how it made him feel and getting a pass.

I think Heroes of the Storm really hit its peak when Cho'Gall was introduced. An exciting new hero you could earn for free with a very unique way of playing really got people interested in the game.
Unfortunately nothing else in the game really lives up to that, most of the other heroes are fairly boring and the little talents dont allow for that much customization or build variation which kills its longevity. Plus grinding for heroes sucks.

And I don't think you know how to stick to the argument. But I can't blame you for abandoning your sinking ship.

I called it projection because I sure as hell wasn't the one who came up with the idea that less penalties for death should be used as an excuse to not value your life. That's was your line of thinking that you attributed to me.

he's a video game character

That's a shit argument and you know it. By that logic, we might as well discount that he has a PhD at all, because who knows what a PhD entails in video game land.

you might as well discount the PHD since it would have been acquired during soviet rule.

If you hate modern intellectuals, you would have hated the ones that ushered in socialism and communism. Not exactly an institute known for its robust intellectualism.

Savage. Assuming you're good and got a healer backing you up, odds are you'll run out of ammo unless you load out with the item that doubles ammo capacity.

The original versions of AoS were also ammo scarce if I remember correctly.

Have you watch last E3, where there shown new Zelda. Game is utter shit, years after it's competition in terms of games concepts/mechanics/gameplay/graphics and it is so hyped that even Quantum Fart is fairly low advertised compared to it.

lets hope Metzen ODs so nightmare can finally be over

Don't forget that the controls for the ps3 are actually good so you can sit back on your couch and become comfy.

You may not be aware, but dota 2 is having a 19 million dollar tournament now. Assfaggots are here to stay for quite a while longer, and isn't overwatch basically an assfaggot shooter anyway?

Whats so wrong with assfaggots anyway? Sure the community sucks and what not, but even if you hate them, aren't they at the very least something to keep casuals from touching your strategy games? Yeah too many mobas have been made, but the same can be said about nearly any genre, shit devs will jump on a shit genre if it sells at all, nothing new there. For all but one or two companies, they fuck up anyway. Yeah there are very few strategy games still in development, but is that fully the fault of assfaggots? Strategy games used to be a lot more popular to develop for several reasons, like being much easier on shitty networks, accepting some lag. And hey, cossacks 3 is still being made, so good strategy games are still being made.

TF2 hats started of reasonably simple, not too visually overwhelming as well. The longer you keep going, the more the items have to sparkle and shit to be eye catching. That said, full skins are probably preferable to just hats.

Actually, literature studies stayed nearly the same under the Soviets, with the focus remaining on the classics. Philosophy and biology, then as now, were the primary targets of their ideological indoctrination. Also, informal institutions that paradoxically led to increased scholarship emerged.

you are special kind of retarded

mmo-champion shills are making threads 24/7 because they are braindead fanatics who think Blizzard did nothing wrong

but that's wrong, there was a major push for a reworking of the literary field to fit the new social standard, while many classics had concepts that were unacceptable to the modern Comrade, and more importantly, the government heads.
Socialist Realism was a primordial forced meme that was meant to combat many classical writings highlighting downfalls of their ideal.
This period did, however, create a number of top notch writers, because the few "famous writers" were notable for their ability to accrue enough influence and favor either the people or the government they wouldn't be quietly executed if they made a misstep but rather exiled quietly
Tolstoy, Yesenin, Gorky, and Bely, there were a number of notable authors and poets to crop up out of this adversity.

reddit scum

It's worth noting that the PHD line was said during a game where he was playing poker with characters from Sam & Max, Strongbad and even fucking Penny Arcade, the context makes it hard to take seriously even by TF2 standards.

Also the whole idea of Team Fortress 2 taking place during a spy-fiction inspired 1950s was before the game proceeded to develop the most daft and nonsensical lore imaginable and introduced a load of shit that conflicted with that original theme.

Do you seriously think having ability cooldowns and seeing enemy health bars makes a shooter an assfaggot?

Fucking hell this is damage control: the post. You spent more time bringing up the crimes of the genre and explaining why "it's not that bad!" than you do actually explaining why it is good.

The "reworking" was the introduction of critical analyses and additional soviet works to the secondary curriculum, which still revolved around the study of classical texts. Tertiary philology kept Russian and Soviet literature as separate departments.

Education and Professional Employment in the USSR, pp. 109-110.

Image from the same source. If, for the purpose of this discussion, Heavy had a Ph.D. in Russian Literature, it would have been in the Russian classics, not Soviet Literature. If your reply to this is going to be another assertion that I'm wrong, you might consider actually linking some evidence which directly contradicts what I am saying here.

Its pretty close.

And I just don't really care much about any genre being shit. Nearly all of them are complete shit, some of them have only a few games that are worth playing, and barely any genres have had any good games released in the last 10 years. What makes your average assfaggot so much more cancer than your average MMO or your average shooter? Really only community. Sure, they are dumbed down strategy games, but nearly every popular game we have these days are dumbed down. Very few good games get made, but thats just the reality every fucking year. There are barely 2 games I am still looking forward to, one being cossacks 3, the other being unreal tournament 4. Anything else I got excited about got cancelled, but I lived through games that didn't outright get cancelled but instead got "changed" for "broader appeal", its a faith worse than hell and I very much like them getting cancelled more than that they attempt to change. And I appreciate there being games that are sinks for faggots. If a developer choses to develop for somebody other than me, I can live with that, I just will not be interested in their games. Be it because they make an assfaggot or make feminist:the game.

How are they dying off with 15 million OW players?

if you think Overwatch has 15 million players you are more dumber than Blizzard retards that made up that number

To be fair, it's unknown how much they spent on marketing and marketing campaign wasn't just heavy, it was absolutely insane. They even forced some Russian celebs to play this shit game and you could see TV OW commercials non-stop, not even CoD or WoW commercials were that frequent and keep in mind, it's unusual to see so any kind of video game ads in Russia outside of clickbait sites.

Watch as that uptick vanishes in 4 weeks.

I mean if the big blizzcon announcement is legacy servers then we'll see another uptick, but even if they do them, they'll fuck them all up tomshow

Find better friends, nigger.

(checked)
no shit

Why did you ever thin it would be good again? Thats beaten wife logic. They have NEVER delivered on promises. Ever. Why would you fall for "come on bebe, its gonna be like the good times again i swear!"

You didnt walk into a door and its not your fault, that Blizzards no good for you.

I had the itch from nostalrius. Crack is crack, nigga.

It's time to understand that Blizzard will never be good, damn, they actually never were good, they have such good reputation and success only because they picked right devs for once and I'm talking about Blizzard North of course which they killed.

And right now they're Activision bitch, what else do you need to understand that this is a shit company? At least you didn't buy overshit, I guess.

I got the itch from the Nostalrius drama too, but instead of resubbing I asked support for a free 7 days. Spent a few days levelling my old WotLK character then uninstalled. It's not the same game any more.

Good job, OP

It's on the front page of MMO-Champion faggot, do you really need to be spoonfed to that level?

Reminds me of that retarded nigress that took bleach baths to make herself whiter.

That is not spoonfeeding you fucking faggot, that is being a decent OP. When you make a thread about these kinds of things its expected you at least post a source. And a good OP also adds an archive

So you're saying that the gameplay in a typical MMO, or hell even actual RTS games like Warcraft 3 or Dawn of War are assfaggots then?

god I wish I knew I could've just asked for 7 days, the itch was cleared within 5 days.

I know, all I've ever said since quitting all those years ago was "Man they just need to let the old girl die already"

Maybe it's shocking, but not everyone here is Blizzdrone and browse their site. I bet you follow their social media too, faggot.

Look even if you absolutely hate Dota you've gotta admit that even it is significantly better than HotS. Even if you know nothing about the differences in gameplay between the two, Dota doesn't make you pay for heroes and has an extremely good art style, audio design, and some interesting characters. HotS has pay2win bullshit, looks like a mess, sounds mediocre, and most of the characters are generic or retarded.

On gameplay terms it doesn't punish mistakes, doesn't require you to coordinate with your team (I think they still don't even have voice chat), doesn't leave any room for creative tactics and item builds, doesn't have distinct roles, and is balanced with the mentality of "nerf everything to the point where it all feels the same" whereas Dota's is "if everything is overpowered, nothing is overpowered" (but Icefrog still does huge nerfs by nerfing everything except what makes a hero powerful/fun heavily which amplifies their weaknesses rather than making them more generic).

I think you're right. Overmeme and nuQuake will start taking over the more casual LoL audience and the ones that are really into it will continue to switch to Dota, which probably won't die for a long time. LoL will still probably take a couple years before it becomes super obscure but any other ASSFAGGOTS games are definitely fucked. Dotaclones other than LoL were doomed from the start because this is a genre that can only have one to three popular games at once because of the steep learning curve. People don't switch from one ASSFAGGOTS to another easily, even if they know the one they're playing is shit. This is partially due to them not wanting to learn all the heroes/items again but it's exacerbated by financial investments with buying heroes/skins and not wanting to leave them behind. Of course this isn't absolute and people still switch anyways, especially because Riot's handling of LoL has been hilariously incompetent over the past year while Dota has been doing very well (gameplay and engine-wise at least, the "technically not gambling" bullshit has gotten worse than any of you probably know. If you're curious I can post about that too).

NuQuake is going go the way of NuDoom. It'll be played by a bunch of people for a month or two and then it'll be forgotten by almost everyone alive.

Why are you so retarded, user? Take your meds and calm down.

Hmmm.
How much is a mouse and keyboard for the PS3?

That is a very clever analogy.

its a twinstick control style.

Yeah for the beat em ups and racing games.

What im asking is how much is the mouse and keyboard so I can play diablo?

I heard its pain in the ass to navigate inventory/pick up items on ps3

Why would it be? move left stick and press button to pick up item. Is that much more difficult than CLICKCLICKLCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK?

I mean D3 on console controls like a twin stick shooter which actually works better than the one armed bandit clicker style of the pc version.

Its actually quite fun and is better if you can play with friends

It takes a lot of time and several matches one behind the other to start getting boring

It's alright, if you like TF2 you'll probably like it but TF2 is still the better game outside of cosmetics ruining the ridiculously good vanilla art style with god tier character design, what the fuck Valve why did you throw this away?

TF2 requires a bit more teamwork and skill as well as having better surface elements (art direction, character design, audio design, voice acting, humor). Overwatch does have cute thick asian girls though I'll give it that.

It was either that or obscurity. Considering I was a very early buyer of TF2, played mostly with faggots in private, the fact is that pub servers were dwindling before Mannconomy. They took a dying game and made it live well beyond its lifespan.

360 version is better.

In the UK, thick means stupid.

That's pretty fair but I'm a UT4 player so I guess I'm kinda indifferent to that at this point

Thick-skulled in the US also means stupid but it is a word with important use nowadays since "curvy" has been appropriated by lardwhales and I'm not gonna say bodacious because that's too many damn syllables.

What else do you call this?

fat

thicc

fat

Hell.

riddle me this fam.

yummy

disgusting

obese

GET OUT!

You could say she is too thick to understand diet and exercise.

But in all seriousness we all have fetishes if yours is fatties then all power to you.

thank mr skeltal

What happened to his dick?

dont give up, skeleton!

thank mr skeltal

Here's a character more suited to your tastes

If we've learned anything from the likes of Senran Kagura or Neptunia, it's that men will buy any shit, no matter how putrid or asinine, if it has enough tits and ass.

Hell, isn't that why Skullgirls, a fairly mediocre 2D fighter, sold at all?

Holla Forums has had a general for it for over a quarter of a year every day. Its a hit bro.

They'll pass, like any normalfag fad.

Call of Duty was also a hit. Transformers was also a hit. I fail to see how this is a positive.

there are no 15 million players

It's a positive for Blizzard, but I don't think the person you were replying to sees it as a positive, they were just saying that it is a financially successful game.

You can use any mouse and keyboard, its basically a rather weak computer. Early ps3's could even install ubuntu officially.

Not on Holla Forums they weren't. Even the contrarian hipster contingent likes it.

You just need to understand its a party game not a competitive esports game.

Holla Forums is filled with a ton of closet casuals, you should be aware of this by now.
This does not excuse bad game design.

THEN EXPLAIN MARIO PARTY FUCKER, THIS AINT DOKAPON KINGDOM WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You don't know how "casual" works, do you?

Playing casual games does not necessarily make someone a casual gamer. Casual is a descriptor of how much time and knowledge a consumer has with their hobby.

But I like it
It's probably the best hard counter to any pockets and also effectively nullifies any crit damage bonus
It also Promotes playing very aggressively (gotta get those heals and same type resists uber bonus) since being able to turn the medic into a bulletsponge at critical moments without losing the whole charge really comes in handy when you're in a pinch and you will still have charges to spare because of its ridiculous charge rate
Of course, it still has its Achilles Heels which are demoknights and Concentrated fire from different sources. But since demoknights got gimped and mouthbreathers never able try to do teamwork, it works wonders in pubs

boop

this is a crime

Not fully, although some elements are present (obviously, because most assfaggots we have today come from dota, which comes from a warcraft 3 mod, which means elements of WC3 will be present ,and wow comes from WC3 as well, so there is some parallel there). Most obviously, its because overwatch is clearly designed around the popularity that assfaggots have right now. Without a doubt, the developers looked at assfaggots for some things to take over. If assfaggots were not popular, overwatch would not be the game it is right now.

It's a diamond-hard counter to the three most prominent damage-types in the game, as effective as being healed with a normal medigun toddler leash when taking damage from a type not currently being resisted and basically being a fucking Quick Fix uber if you're being hit by the currently resisted damage type. Unless they go after the medic demoknights are only marginally more effective than any other class whaling on them with melee (arguably even less so because they'll both hear you coming on account of that autistic screaming) and concentrated fire means jack shit if medic pops his uber so he can laugh in your fucking face.

It's too good, even with people that know how to counter it it's hard to counter, and it needs the shit nerfed out of it. It should've been back to the drawing board before it even saw release, and would've been if its current dev staff actually playtested anything they farted out.

The one thing I appreciate the fuck out of the Vaccinator is that it forces you to learn some of the more advance medic roles for maximum bonuses, You learn about target prioritizing, how your opponent deals damage, conserving ubercharge, when to be aggressive and when to play passively etc. A good Vaccinator user can turn anybody into a pub stomper by eliminating common clusters of threats to the user and patient(s).
The Vaccinator and the Quick fix in combo pretty much turns any team into a quick stomp as they cover eachother's weaknesses.

I love and hate the Vaccinator. I love how it's a great learning tool and how useful it is when it's 2 vs 2. I hate it because it's too good at it's job and only really has 2 states of balance, what it is now and just shit. There's no way to balance the Vaccinator without it being terrible or overpowered

I wouldn't be too broken up about it if it were removed, or if its stats were totally replaced to be another medigun with the same skin. It wouldn't even be the first time they've totally replaced a weapon, either, the Persian Persuader's stats comparing now to when it was first released are two totally different weapons.