Games where you can just disconnect your brain and play while listening to your own music?

Games where you can just disconnect your brain and play while listening to your own music?

I think 4500 hours on Civ3/5 are enough and I can't do it on STALKER games because it kills the mood and gave strokes

Just about any action game that doesn't rely on atmosphere. I do it for most games unless i'm particularly attached to the soundtrack

I did it for Geometry Wars and Binding of Isaac, but pretty much any action game will do these days because developers can't into kickass soundtracks anymore anyway.

I play Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon and Basara 4 Sumeragi while listening to various podcasts.

Minimal brain power required and you can just go on autopilot and enjoy the ride.

Total War Attila

I have a playlist specific for Medieval - Antiquity vidya, and it fits almost seamlessly.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
X3
EVE Online
Elite: Dangerous
Train Fever
Minecraft (inb4 casul)
Civ, Anno, Mount & Blade

Basically everything that is either a simulator, city builderor, sandbox or strategy game

0 AD
OpenTTD
Wesnoth

Torchlight 2 and other diablo clones work well for that

MH3G harvesting runs are the comfiest in the entire franchise, and since the game naturally doesn't have any music playing when you're not in a hunt or a town it's the perfect time to zone out and listen to your own.

I used to only listen to albums on the bus ride to school. Now that I'm out, all I have is the Melee tech skill grind.

Oh, also, I find that Swans and Godspeed You! Black Emperor albums fit with STALKER perfectly. Specifically "Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!" and "The Glowing Man"

Feel like sharing? I either listen to the game's music, or throw on some classical more specifically, the M&B Napoleonic Wars soundtrack because I'm too lazy to make my own playlist.

PARKOUR AND PLATFORM GAMES

Cloudbuilt
A story about my uncle
Deadcore

You look like a faggot

are you calling him a faggot

That was cropped from some random macro. I'm a 6'4 300-pound giant with the face of a golem IRL.

The Joke

==========
Your head.

Yeah, bea055 reminded me what it was actually about. I had completely forgot.

I created a entire playlist for Morrowind. Whenever I entered certain areas I would play my favorite OST songs from anime, movies, and television. Morrowind soundtrack is nice and all, but it gets stale after a couple of hours.

Dark Souls series and Bloodborne. I usually listen random songs when I am dueling in fightclubs or invading other people worlds.
I always feel like a boss when I kill people to certain songs.

Big Pharma and KSP are my goto after getting sick of Civ.

Why so antifun

Literally any modern AAA game, since they handhold you the entire time and have zero mechanical depth.

Whatever fighting game I am interested in i can drop into training mode, grind some combos, setups, hitconfirms, figure out punishes and approaches etc look at the time and 4 hours have past.

Doom wads, any old DOS FPS, Devil Daggers, almost any roguelikes, Quake and Minesweeper come to mind.