16 Bit Disney games on GOG - WTF?

For what purpose?

Reminder that Genesis Aladdin is a completely different and much better game than the SNES one.

because fuck you that's why

go ahead pay more money for abandonware with a sparkly installer

It's not technically abandonware if someone still owns the rights to the property

Man they really have a solid group of suckers paying them for abandonware. Who is dumb enough to fall for this shit?

They are most likely the DOS versions.

Is that the one they shipped with Win95 that constantly crashed because they upgraded to DirectX?

Aladdin has a sword in the screenshots, so it's the Genesis game. Such violent weapons were prohibited on the Super Nintendo.

It might be, but I'm guessing these are the DOS ports

Yeah theyre still running the cartridges off the presses are they? Dipshit. Go suck mickey mouse's cock

Why are you so rude?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to how aggressive Disney is with IP, to the extent that they lobby for extensions to Copyright

That's always a good thing.

All of these games have DOS versions, user.

If that helps, the DOS version of Aladdin is based on the Genesis version.

Seriously, is this just Disney jewery or something?

lion king crashed and burned because it used WING which was microsoft's first attempt at directx-like api

If they were a dollar or something then people would probably consider it.
Only retards and hipsters pay premium prices for ports, let alone fucking DOS ports.

You mean torrenting sweet DRM-free games, right?

Games don't age.
There is no such thing as "old game" or "outdated game". They're all relative terms. If game is released a minute ago it's already "old" in relation to current second.
Game is a game.
Owner asks as much as he wants, that's perfectly fine, there might be an endless ethic discussion, but from law stand point that's how it works.
You either buy game or pirate it.
I don't see the objective difference between this and say, what's the new stuff, Doom? Except new Doom is shit game, has anti-consumer DRM and is 60$. Lion king is a good game, has no DRM and is 10$. How in the FUCK this is not a good deal? If you buy games, it's a great deal.
If you pirate them, it's an easier pirate since no DRM.
I have literally zero problems with it, it's a good thing.

As far as emulation go - you can't put better music or potentially higher framerates into genesis or snes game. On flip side rom dumping serves an important role of saving and preserving games. Imagine if it was impossible, then a whole shitload of games would be lost for humanity forever.

Snes one was good, but genesis one was even better. But I like slashing things with swords, so it can be just me.

It's a floppy disc or CD, dipshit. THEY ARE THE FUCKING DOS VERSION YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

God no. Its animation is god tier, everything else about it is god awful.

A company made it and priced it; they do it for a return on the investment and ideally a profit. After a certain period of time, the odds of getting new sales falls somewhere between jack and shit, which is generally when people don't care if it gets pirated. This has changed slightly with digital distribution and one could argue the whole concept of royalties, but there's a definite fall-off point. Any and every SNES and Genesis game is beyond that fall-off point; GOG may sell them however they wish, but people who buy them are either naive or misguided idiots. Hell, Virgin Games doesn't even exist anymore, and i doubt any of the former employees are getting a dime from this, so it'd hardly be about supporting the creators.

Also, i'm fairly sure 16-bit ROMs don't have DRM, so it's not like the GOG version is somehow an easier pirate.

Reminder that the Genesis version of Aladdin is infinitely superior to the SNES version

I guess even god awful is better than a licensed Crapcom platformer.

Lion king was good if I remember

that's because the genesis does what nintencant: including utter failureā€¦?

GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

They are the MS-DOS version, which was based on the Gensis version but with better sounds and music

I remember the DOS versions of the Virgin/Disney games to be broken as fuck though, Lion King at least was really broken.

What did he used then? His dick?

You could defeat enemies by jumping on them, kicking them while swinging, or you could stun them with apples

that's lame as fuck compared to having a sword

Maybe better sounds, but much worse graphics. See how the playfield was much smaller.

Forgot to mention something: it also had screen tearing and lower framerate.