Vanquish on PC

OH SHIT NIGGERS ITS HAPPENING!
dsogaming.com/news/platinum-games-co-founder-hints-at-vanquish-coming-to-the-pc/

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/659140/9e1c524aed/
exhentai.org/g/662794/3bf64832c2/
exhentai.org/g/744528/1d2d8daa03/
exhentai.org/g/751899/0330e60aa4/
exhentai.org/g/773141/f8f4516dc9/
exhentai.org/g/933352/2da8fe2db0/
nhentai.net/g/103558/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why so excited? Everyone who wanted to play it has done so already, it's not even that good, pretty repetitive and short.

Master race baby

Better late than never.

That's neat, I hope it isn't confined solely to Steam like too many other ports of good games.

Sorry mate, but its not going to be on GoG or any alternatives

Stay mad, sonygger

GTFO
IT'S FUCKIG RAD
VANQUISH 144FPS

Well you are wrong there.

Because people want to replay it with M+KB. It's not that hard to figure out.

Nice

HE can't go fast, dumbass

I want summerfag scum to leave
how are those EDF slowdowns you fucking plebs?

What's not to be exited about?

Its like I really am on 4cucks.
August really does bring out the shittiest of users
Is Summer school/job finally over?
Hows Overwatch?
Have you been getting /fit/ by playing Pokemon GO?
Hows that nogames platform you use?

>>>/out/

You do.

Whenever there's talk about another shitty (probably jap) 'meme' game, a game being hyped up by numerous anons for a multitude of reasons (e.g Dragon's Dogma or EDF) I'm always on the side of the enthusiastic ones, not the detractors. It's really nice to see some anons having a grand time for once and I mostly understand them, those games were (flawed but still) incredible fun!

But Vanquish? Absolute fucking shite. It doesn't rank as Platinums worst solely because Madworld at least has some kind of style and the fact that their pathetic cash-ins Korra and TMNT exist. Stop the memes, Vanquish is a shitty TPS (as to be expected) with incredibly little content.

So it's like an arcade game, which is godly

get out of my vidya and back to your shitty VNs

Shit dude, that is awesome.
Dont listen to these reddit cuckchan faggots. They probably cant even beat Dark Souls and Dragons Dogma. But hey, atleast they have Rank ShitFaggot in CsGo and Dota 2 XD

I wait to play most games now. It's not like were ever really starved for good games.
And I don't see why you guys are so upset, now you'll be able to talk about a game you loved all over again with more people.

WOW I HATE OLD GAMES!

Arcade games usually had more variety on level design.

Leddit called, they want you back.

And another game off the "Waiting for proper PS3 emulation" list.

Havent posted for a while, this board really is fucking cancer during the day, holy shit.

Back to the Bioware forums you go
until the 29th that is

Trying a bit too hard to fit in laddeh.

They're upset because of IRL normalfag problems, bringing their frustations here instead of their usual normalfag methods.

BAYONETTA WHEN?
A
Y
O
N
E
T
T
A

W
H
E
N
?

Never. But it is almost playable with cEmu. In the 20 fps with a bunch of glitches range. Give it a few months and we will have both Bayonetta games on PC.

Neat! I've been waiting for this.

Vanquish was horribly limited by is hardware. Frame drops during heavier moments were felt hard but luckily never got directly in the way of gameplay. Now people who want to play it on better hardware can, you can play it 60+ frames per second which honestly is a fairly good concept.
The fact they're even hinting at it is lucky considering Vanquish sold fairly bad due to a non-existent marketing campaign.
Call it some peoples guilty pleasure if your really going to be like that. I personally think amidst Platinums other titles; Vanquish is certainly a bit of a black sheep but its also still got a lot of the design philosophies in it that makes their other titles famous.

I took care of it

USE THE FUCKING REPORT FUNCTION NEXT TIME

I still havent played it because I was waiting for a PC release. Seeing how good Rising was and all, I'm stoked for this.

FUCK YOU MARK

This.

Instead of shitposting about how the board has gone downhill, actually do something like that

So does this mean 2016 is the best current year?

Not saying kb/m isn't better for aiming, but I really want to see how fags with your attitude perform compared to the so-called "peasants". I'll be monitoring these threads when the game comes out, you fuckers better post some webms.

I know this won't happen but with the stupid shit SE pulled with FFXIII anything can happen

People, PLEASE beg Platinum to add new features.
Like, the game at the very least needs bronze/silver/gold/platinum awards for mission scores.
Something to give some definition to the line of good and not good.

It's fucking nothing.
I'll wait until an official announcement and a release date.

It is but not for the reasons you think. Vanquish isn't anything special. Now if it was Yakuza or something, that would be nice.

Fuck off, Mark.

Oh man if you thought the GTA V or Dark Souls PC releases were full of salty people, we have yet to see what Yakuza's will be

I don't think anyone would be angry, those are actually good games.

Fuck yes. Hopes up for Bayonetta as well.

Doubt it will happen tbh. Mostly because of licensing shit in the games. Also, I agree with the Yakuza fans that all the PC faggots whining about a pc release are kinda annoying, would be nice though

You really don't think there would be a lot of 'Mustards shit up another great franchise' shitposting?

Ahh licensing, my favorite!

lol, this is another Japanese Skyrim isnt?

best news ive read all day

Yeah, not taking that into account makes you look like pic related.

He's right though. In any other case I'd call bullshit on it too, but Yakuza is the epitome of licensing hell. There's barely a second in the games that isn't crammed with real life shit. There actually is, but you get my point.
Excluding the samurai spin-offs but those are clear definitions of NEVER EVER in the first place.

My last console was a PS2

Lol peasants, its that supossed to be impressive? I can play with cavemansticks too, i always use them on games that are too ez with the mouse like Resident Evil 4 aand Dead Space style of games

FUCKING FINALLY

We have been pestering them for YEARS about this. It seemed like such an obvious choice, basically free money that they were throwing away by not doing a half decent port and slapping it on Steam.

?

Wouldn't that require a Playstation? Nobody in their right mind would buy a console with no games.

I agree, another game that could work that way is Demons Souls

I pirated the 360 version, didn't spent a cent.

99 out of 5 times nothing happens so why should anyone bother, ever?

Yeah, I know these guys really want to play it. (Mostly because some of them spam the ever loving shit out of every the Yakuza thread with "MUH PC RELEECE) But it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Japanese Skyrim, aka Dragons Dogma, aka unfinished shallow casul game hyped up here just because it was made by japs

Sounds like pretty damn good odds

i suppose clankers would rejoice over this

c'mon faggot it's not like you were going to pay a dime in the first place

Yeah I wasn't thinking satan. I meant to say out of 99 reports maybe 5 gets responded to.

There wasn't any impressive aim in that video, most of it was using homing missles and point blanking with the shotgun. I don't get it.

Because you never report it.

lol, fucking weebs are blind to their shitty games flaws

I'll bite, point me to those "flaws".

Yeah no that isn't how things are. Even if a post is reported, which you also always need to do a captcha for by several people nobody ever responds to them. Hell I've even seen a thread getting spammed by derailing shitposters and then a mod came and and screamed "STOP REPORTING OR IM GONNA BAN THE GUYS REPORTING".

So fuck off faggot.

are really you that dense you cant see that piece of shit was unfinished and need some thinking man to walk you through it? i think you would fit more on reddit or something

It's not the aiming, it's the positioning, last moment dodging, the memorization of enemy spawns and item placement, the understanding of the enemy's behavior and knowing when to use melee and what tool is best for the job. You can't expect for just better aiming controls to carry you over through this game, you'll still get shit on if you don't understand how the systems work.

I don't think the game is unfinished in the terms of content, but it is painfully mediocre and dull in every single aspect.

It's also the performance and the input delay, which will drastically improve all of those beyond just the precision of mouse aiming. You have no idea how buttery smooth the controls are going to feel at higher framerates on a monitor, they already feel good at 22fps with strong motion blur.

That's what I want to find out, if even with all those advantages people will be competent enough.

The combat and scoring rules are not tuned to reward aggresive and stylish action.
The most efficient and successful way to play is using cover and spamming bullet time. There's really no reason to not use bullet time every time you want to shoot something.

The tools to play in a more stylish and engaging way are there, but there are no rules in place to define it or measure your performance by, and there definitely are not any enemies that force you to play that way either.

Just like how Madworld did nothing to stop people doing the same executions over and over, Vanquish doesn't stop people from just dodge-roll-bullet-time everything.
And most people don't like playing games where they have to intentionally ignore the best strategy to have fun. They'd rather be met with a challenge that needs all their wits and tools to figure out.

They need to do a Vanquish 2, make enemies so fast and aggressive that you NEED to use those boosters to escape or engage them, make certain enemies have a counter to your bullet-time in some way, make a scoring system that focuses on aggression and variety, and make ranks for the scores like ABCD etc.

And no, Vanquish does not punish you for using cover.
All it does is tell how how much % of the time you spent in cover.

Yeah at the very least Vanquish could use an overhaul the size of the "style switching mod" for DMC3 to deal with the issues you mentioned.

Platinum has never been that great at making enemies that challenge you. Other than them hitting really hard.

Time, it's safer to stand behind cover and pop shot robots, but it's much faster to just get in their face, knock them down to their weak points and blow them up. I do hope if it comes to PC they buff melee or someone mods it so you have AT LEAST the ability to use melee once without overheating, just making it a half-ARS penalty instead of full would change the entire game. As well as getting rid of that autoslow shit

Besides stylish action fans. Unless you're one of the losers who cheesed through DMC1 by grenade-rolling.

And I'm almost certain he was asking about Dragon's Dogma anyway.

What did he say?

I cheesed through DMC1 the Palpatine way.

That just sounds like you were reporting people who posted things you didn't like and then got mad they didn't get banned for their opinions.

Still shameful

Thanks fam
Its been a while, havent posted regurarly since late June, kinda rusty now.

Maybe it's going to be good with m+kb and steady 60fps, maybe.
I really didn't like it that much on console.

Nice strawman

just watched some gameplay

this shit looks boring, who gives a shit

I wouldn't be so down. 4chan mods and janitors don't ban or hide Sony-fags like they should. And you know how it was like, even before goobergator. Apparently, we're doing just fine, as long as we keep ignoring Sonybronies and report their shitposting.

Now on topic, I've never heard of this game. What is it like and is it made by A-team Platinum?

What is that thing

It's a generic tps, but with some ok cybernetic suit designs and a dash(you can still shoot during the dash) and bullet time.
You'll like it if you really enjoy using the dash I guess, the rest is really generic tps shit, even the weapons. Well except one that's a buzzsaw launcher but it's also kinda crap

Thank Lime for that.
He dismisses reports for people who break rule 8 constantly.

You cared enough to reply nig nog :^)

TheDreidelDrop

In the end its all on Mark for having the mods he has.

Anthony Fatano

Sage for offtopic, but I think the mods have been doing a pretty decent job these days, at least from what I've seen.
They deleted 2-3 trap and anti-evolution user derails, and also deleted a really obvious bait on the EDF thread(guy basically quoted the whole fucking thread to say "PCcucks ruin everything")

Haha, no.

Sega doing all these PC ports makes me hope they talk with Tri-Ace and port Resonance of Fate to PC. I really liked that game.

Maybe we'll finally have a version of Bayonetta 1 that runs at 60fps the whole time.
Maybe.

Let it begin.

I cared enough to watch some video too.

Looks like a generic TPS, why the hype thread?

Oh, that's pretty exciting. I'll wait for the official announcement before getting hyped though.

Because it's coming to PC and it had big names behind it.

No it doesn't. It isn't generic at all. What the hell are you talking about? If you play it like a normal 3rd person shooter on higher difficulties you'll get your ass kicked.

It can be played as a TPS if you're the generic mouthbreather. It's an action game if you're a real man.

Awesome, another great community that will go to shit once the cancer race children get it.

What are you talking about? The PC community improves any game with their great discussion and fan content like MGSV.

aside from /cgg/ (which doesn't exist barring the dicksuckers on skype) and like 2 people on youtube, who?

Oh, well hopefully something good comes of it.

It looks like a generic cover system tps with some qte's. Where am I supposed to go to see pro-gaymer tier impossible mode speed running?

It's like Gears of Spec Ops: Recon but with quick dashing and platinum aesthetics.

This still looks like a generic tps. not that it looks like a bad game but it doesn't really sell it for me.

I bought EDF but it had enough gimmicks to sell the fun for me. This just looks like another Gears.

Im the guy who made most of the EDF threads nig nog, its pretty unique and has some nice mechanics.

Its as deep as you want it to be.

It can be played like Gears if your a causal, this is by design.
It's like how you can get though Devil May Cry other beat em ups by just spamming shit. It's so anyone can play the game and find a little enjoyment in it.

However the game gives you the option to experiment and try riskier methods at high speeds that have a better pay off.

Are you actually retarded?

Vanquish I mean

If this hasn't been posted yet then you people posting videos are fucked up.

I'll be passing on this one. Best of luck to all of you.

is that your fetish?

I didn't get it for this. But as long as I have it, I may as well put it to use.

I was on a 295 previously. I doubt the game would have booted.

Lol no, that shit choked on every kind of dick running boss fights and mid game action segments

It capped at 30fps on both platforms, retard

Yay, generic Gears of War-esque triple A cover shooter! I can't wait! Oh wait, actually I can.

That would explain a lot.

I remember Blue did that a few times.
He was hated so much that he ended up stepping down.
Mark needs to remove some of our current vols, some of them are really inconsistent with their moderating style and others are barely ever online.

_______________:^)_______________

Way of the Samurai's PC port got a GOG release. There's always a chance.

Why even live?

To play all the other good games not cannibalized by modern bullshit.

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

THE TIME HAS COME, AND SO HAVE I

Pretty much
Lots of good shit coming out

I love meme magic.

Oh another console memegame is coming for PC, let's see

So yeah, I'll probably pirate it just to check if Holla Forums's shit taste is still mostly shit.

Does this mean Yakuza will finally come to PC? Or a bunch of other Sega games?

I have played yakuza its another one of those>>10278921

A man can dream…

It's a 3D beat em up series by Sega with loads of content in the later games. Also I wouldn't consider it a "meme game", thats what I would call Youtube fodder shit.

I'm seriously wondering whats been taking them so long to do it.

Get all the shitposting out of your system before you have to go back to school.

Eat shit and die

Soon

How about you hand over a source, friend

hownew.ru

How new do you think I am

4 months old

How about you lurk moar

Beautiful

Looks like the second "Kaname" by Locon.

1: exhentai.org/g/659140/9e1c524aed/
2: exhentai.org/g/662794/3bf64832c2/
3: exhentai.org/g/744528/1d2d8daa03/
4: exhentai.org/g/751899/0330e60aa4/
5 (Japanese, couldn't find a trans): exhentai.org/g/773141/f8f4516dc9/
6: exhentai.org/g/933352/2da8fe2db0/

4's a bit of an understatement

Every day, and any time I see the pic there's never a source to show up in the thread and reverse image searching turns up nothing

Oh, hey, thanks

Here's the nhentai link.
Warning:Traps
nhentai.net/g/103558/

No problem hope you like traps

Also thanks

I wouldn't ask for a source if I didn't

Wasn't sure if you knew the source was a dude and not a chick

Vanquish is overrated.

Bayonetta, God Hand, Anaechy Reigns and Viewtful Joe are overrated.

I played all of them and can confirm - they're neat games, but I for the love of god can't fathom where does all the hype behind them come from.
Same for Dragon's Dogma and Yakuza, people paint them as some monumental masterpieces, while they clearly are not.

Basically I think it comes down to the fact that decently fun console/PC games can still be made in an era where 90% of everything worth playing is on the 3/DS or PSP/Vita.

The bullshit arcane architecture that was the og xbox, that's what.

Could be that people just had a lot of fun with them. I know I had a lot of fun with the Yakuza games.

I hear it was basically a PC, is it really that bullshit? I mean House of the Dead 3 got ported to the Wii.

It was like a PC directXbox was the name after all but I seem to recall that it had lots of custom bullshit just bolted in there, like some weird hybrid video card model that was only for the xbox.

Deep mechanics which dont have to be used to complete the game.
Not much handholding.
Frenetic pace

They're decently niche and do some things really well and some things poorly/average.
They're like a poorly buttered piece of bread which has non buttered bit but a nice flavour to it in many of its parts while most other games spread themselves too thin making the bread near tasteless.

Still, this is a step in the right direction

oh damn, I teleported to a dimension where everyone has shit taste

Count me with the hyped group. Probably won't be as well executed as the DD port, but still, I can't wait to play it again.

VC 2&3 port when?
VC 4 release when?

fugg

They have been hinting at this for five years now.
I don't know what the platinum major malfunction is and why haven't they given sega the green light to do that still.

I'm not sure Sega needs their green light, but either way I think the Anarchy Reigns situation put a pretty big damper on their relationship.

pc gamers are so deprived of games they are cheering and begging for a 6 year old port holy shit this is a new level of pathetic

it has nothing particularly fancy in it, and it has no "hybrid video card." It just has a unique nvidia gpu

I think you missed the way to cuckchan friend.
Feel free ti take your NEVER EVER XD meme and fuck off.

reported, enjoy your ban.
Teehee.

Reported again.

Fuck yeah, I love TPS games.
What are some great TPS games similar to these two? Already played Gungrave, Gun Valkyrie and Binary Domain.
I really hope this one gets some decent amount of modding support. I've always had this idea of a TPS with a ground combat aspect similar to Vanquish and an aerial combat aspect similar to the better parts of Dark Void and the gameplay requiring finesse and expertise at both and being able to switch to either on the go

This

Bump

shit if you asked around for a day you could probably get a RROD system for free out of the back of someone's closet and repair it for $5 in nuts and bolts and an hour of your time.

How are there people who don't own an xbox 360?

No thanks

Didn't feel like buying a whole console just to play Blue Dragon.

>implying anyone here is buying it
Leave

That's not a real fix.

I know this isn't a thread for this, but I felt my question did not deserve its own thread.

I recently bought a new video card and every time I play a game my processorgets hot and then loud as fuck. Is this processor even compatible with my card? What processor should I get for a card like this?

Wake me up when it's actually happening.

aw, baby's anime walking simulator isn't coming out this year?

Opportunity missed.

I am