Other urls found in this thread:

capx.wikia.com/wiki/Sprites
viipii.crabdance.com
capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo
capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo_Changes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Don't get close kids this is refined autism it can go critical at any moment.

subtle shill is subtle

Who is the best Alola Pokemon and why is it this one?

Because he's 35 tall and has a Dragon Fruit on his Tail

I'd watch a documentary about Pokemon Go becoming a popular title and everybody playing it.
It would be interesting.

What's some good Pokemon ROMhacks?

Oh, boy, are you in for a list.

Pokemon GAIA, this is going to be the next light platinum, no doubt. Also, Pokemon Eclispe is right behind it. These two hacks are not done.
Pokemon Vega, play this one now, it was just released and is fully translated from moon speak. It has Fakemon, but, they're bretty good. Catch a Glachild as soon as possible. Best Pokemon.
Also, Manchu. The best finished Pokemon I've played so far.

Light Platinum and Pokemon Glazed are the default rom hacks in terms of best hacks, so I have no doubt you probably already played them. If not, what the fuck are you doing? Another rom hack you should look out is Pokemon Discovery. It's like if Toby Fox made a rom hack. It's cheesy in terms of story, but, it looks bretty interesting in the direction its going. This one is also not done.

Do you even know what dragonfruit looks like, I bet you've never even had any. Shit's great.

It tastes like shit, mate.

It's not ambrosia, but it's really soft and sweet, it's kind of like a kiwi.

Don't forget Pokemon Sage, although that isn't finished atm but there is a section of the early game playable for now.

Some autist went full sperglord in my Facebook group because someone was spoofing their own gps coordinates in pogo.

Like really? I don't bitch at people who use a car to play it even though it's P2W

It's funny cause in most cases it's really easy for the game to tell if it's being fed fake gps coords. The guy doing it probably got soft banned. Unless he really knew what he was doing.

Some of that art looks..fucked up and out of place. There must be multiple people working on it, because shit like Growmeo, Berratel, Totter, it just looks low quality. There's a lack of general consistency I guess but I really like some of the designs. Redundancy in the names as well, Vultergyst and Coltergeist..and Royjibiv, really?
I would hug a Boarealis though.

That doesn't seem like the sort of thing one can fuck up, but I'm not complaining

I really want to like this especially when some of those designs are really great, but the inconsistent artwork is killing me here. Maybe the sprites will look more uniform.

New Demo soon… Ish.

It started as a "/vp/ makes a dex" thread on 4chan- before the exodus. Then they decided to make a game.
Almost everything in the early stages was by vote, now it's under the wing of a handful of people who can actually make game. However, there has been rare cases of names and even a design changed after it was "confirmed".

the art of the pokemon in the dex been made by various artists but the sprites which make up the meat of the game's visuals look very much the same style. I think they set up a standard/guide to make sure they didn't look too different.

capx.wikia.com/wiki/Sprites

I love absolutely all of these. Do they have a projected date for full release?

Now this I can get behind, this is some bretty gud spritework right here.

Can't you just take small incremental steps from where you are physically are?

Isn't there meant to be a Showdown clone set up for Sage testing? It was linked in the /pokemon/ thread but that link's busted now. I know they made the battle sim but there's only so much AI battling can show you.

My understanding is "when it's done". They still have a lot of work to do.

Oh, that's a funny joke

Well "full" as in at least all of the monsters are in-game and capturable. No ending really required, that's my bare minimum.

top kek

Do you mean go for a walk? Yes, yes you can.

If you mean the gps data no. There is a specific flag that the data straight from the gps has that tells a program if it's coming from an actual gps locator or not. You spoof any gps data no matter how close and the game knows it's not from your phones gps.

I'm sure there are ways to spoof that flag but it's a lot more difficult then to use a gps spoofing app. I know this from a post a dev made on people complaining his app wouldn't spoof PokeGo.

Only ones I've played are that shitty Creepy Black one, Pokemon Adventures and about 5 minutes of Liquid Crystal. Did download 2humon though.

I just had it down for a long time no one even noticed.

viipii.crabdance.com

Rough around the edges, a couple of features are broken but it'll work. Enjoy.

Server is currently up:
viipii.crabdance.com

Grab it while you can.

As someone who played the demo when you had that thread ages ago, I really hope you guys actually finish the game, is there any place where you anons are posting updates? Do you plan to? Really love the "mayan/inca" design you guys are going for

Our wiki is updated with new info:
capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

You can get the demo- and future demos- from the play tab, and this link:
capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

When we have a new demo, the change log should be here:
capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo_Changes

You have no idea what you're talking about, the game is infested with spoofers/botters and avoiding being softbanned is incredibly easy while doing it if you're not retarded. It doesn't even matter if you are though, because you can just spin a stop 41 times and it'll get rid of the "soft ban". There are programs that spin the stops for you at a rapid pace. Cheaters will probably be banned eventually, but the shit they have in place to stop them currently does absolutely nothing.

Noice. I'll have to get some lads onto it and run some test battles tomorrow.
I'm so hyped for Monkezuma you have no idea

thanks mate

Pssst.
Wanna see our waifus?

Into the trash!

We use Pokemon Essentials. Which is Pokemon via RPG Maker, it's easier to work with then modifying a ROM.

oi fuckbois, how far are you into the Sage development?

Up to Gym 2.
Planning to release next demo up to Gym 3.
I sure hope that part of your adventure doesn't have the debut of an evil organization.
It will

Ookay, user. What ever you say.

CEO is the coolest!

Is this the best they can do in order to try and avoid Nintendo's C&D?
They'd be effectively making money with a Licensed product or does getting backed by a crowdfunding not count towards that?

But user, there's already an ISIS team.

wasn't the pocket rocket some sor tof vibrator or something?

Also I don't know if anyone else is triggered by this

But doesn't it bug anyone how there are so many Normal Dual Types in Sage? The type spread as a whole in Sage bugs me.

Team Aurum are focused on stealing from ancient tombs and ruins, but ISI- Oh wait.

Pokemon Sage? You mean, that fanproject from Reddit?

Toby Fox did make a romhack. Just for earthbound instead of pokemon. It iscalled the halloween hack.

It has very try-hard tone.
I realized he's not a very good writer when it comes to dark stuff

yes, they replaced a trademarked name with the trademarked name of a vibrator

I want it posted all over the place when it's out.
I wanted a competitively good pokemon since always.
How do you handle EVS, IVS in the game btw?

How do you do fellow channers!

Is this supposed to be loosely based off some real-world location like the main games?

A vibrant land of many hues

FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE

This is generally a big turnoff for me too (I really didn't appreciate Helioptile, want Normal/Flying to be made pure Flying outside of Farfetch'd, and I wish GF had just put in the Sound type in Gen 3 instead of making Normal carry the burden).
But for the most part, Sage follows a kind of logic.

Pebblosa starts as a Normal type, and gains Rock as it grows. Leukoom has the same sort of growth but into the wicked sick Normal/Ghost type. (Bibarel)
Royjibiv is a Normal/Dragon, but changes primary type with its ability. (Porygon)
Musburry actually looks half-Grass and fights with more ordinary physical attacks. (Deerling)
Howlequin is, what like, a dalmatian or something? It's not great, only a few moves play off its typing. Seems like it's just there to make it a Ghost killer. (Girafarig)
And then there's a bunch of dumb birds, which are just dumb birds.

The worst offender is Orbatom. I honestly can't figure out the logic behind it.
You could replace their Normal type or just erase it, for the most part, but I think enough of Sage works to justify it.

Looks like Cookies and Cream icecream
and maybe it's tail is an unripe one

Then they might as well rename "Normal" to "Boring", or "My Mom's"

Or you know, basic, which is what it's called in the TCG. Then it's a "none of the above" type with a bonus pun for the eventual acid/base pokemon.

nonono Isis has a track record of just destroying any and all historical artifacts in their path. They don't steal they delete.

That sounds like something that's gonna change.

I think "Boring" is still applicable

You have no idea what you're talking about.
There's multiple Xposed modules that make the mock location flag appear to be off in Android.

You can even hook directly into where the game gets GPS coords, although last I heard this wasn't working too well on Android (works fine in iOS)

Obvious scam is obvious.

Im gunna join team pocket rocket

I would never back a kick starter at all, that's not a good idea.