Game has Pre-historic animals in it

Why don't devs start being unique for once and put something most people haven't seen a million times into vidya?

Dinosaurs are not real

bruh

Duh they are dead

PC WHEN?!

Ark is on pc though, wat?

I thought that's a monhun pic.
Fuck ark, I want monhun.

yeah they're reaching a bit with the dragon but I'm into it.

Well, Pokemon does have Anorith and Armaldo being based off Anomolocaris. Also, I think one of the enemies in Metroid: Other M was based on one as well, albeit with wings or something (could be wrong, it's not a game I really look back on fondly).

Anyhow, I suppose it's a matter of recognizability (if even using real world creatures in a game). Lots of cool prehistoric life that hasn't gotten that much recognition, or might be kind of hard to handle in a game if size or habitat might make it hard to work out. This leaves the more recognizable dinosaurs, pterosaurs, sea going reptiles, and a handful of mammals like the smilodon or mammoth as the go-tos.

Some games do take the risk every so often though. One I'm currently playing through has some (admittedly artistic liberty taking interpretation) of an eryops as a type of enemy in one area, but the whole series thrives on having really odd enemies to begin with, some based on myth, some on religion, some on real life/history, and most with a dose of Lovecraft.

Could be the "evolution is a lie" guy that spams any threads remotely about evolution and the like.

guess

Super Castlevania IV? Or am I remembering wrong?

I was really hoping nobody would guess this quickly.

Last I remember him one of his sources didn't agree with him because it started off saying evolution was definitely responsible for generational changes yet somehow wasn't wrong for long-term changes of anatomy

what is the deal with making prehistoric shit outrageously bigger?
here we have amazing animals bigger than almost EVERYTHING alive today, and our first fucking reaction is "eh, not big enough"

It's fantasy, of course you go above and beyond reality. chill ur autism

Pokemon had trilobites and horseshoe crabs in the first game, the games love showing off obscure critters.

Oh hey. Though I think those were just some other weird bug?

Endless Ocean 2 has one secret stock plesiosaur but the other two are pretty obscure.

OP, Humans are pre-historic animals. God didn't shoo us out of the trees and give us a pencil and a kick in the ass so hard it made us walk upright. We had to learn that shit over time. Or do you mean animals that have existed in pre-history, but aren't around anymore? Like the Tasmanian Tiger and Dodo Bird?

Gorgonopsid and other stem-mammals/mammal-like reptiles would be cool to play as, or hunt, but never ever because "mammals didn't rule the earth until after the dinosaurs" bullshit. I think there was a gorgonopsid in FFXIII, but it was just a shitty over-designed nip monster "inspired by" the actual animal

I wouldn't mind seeing this dino again, he was fun to play with.

lets see
Primal Carnage has gone the way of the jew
Ark is poorly optimized and everything looks like a fat polished ogre shit
The Isle is going through a terrible shitshow right now till the progression system is finished
and Saurian won't be testing the waters until early next year
its a hard life for a dino games lover

I love this fucker and I want to make a hat out of him

Saw this in a thread the other day. Any thoughts?

Eyeball bones?

FUCKING EYE ARMOR

Sclerotic ring
its actually incredibly common in non-mammals
it helps support the eyes and for some animals helps deal with environmental pressure changes (deep water, high skies)
Dunkleosteus kind of took it up to an eleven mostly because it's entire family was armored as shit

It's a great game except for the occasional grinding. It would be pretty easy to make a new version with more, better features. The concept is great

This nigga's armor set would look fucking sick

I didn't mind the occasional grinding, because the animations were so cute I never tired of playing them.

animals are stupid and they cant wipe their ass

As in pre-historic you mean pre-flood?

Yes they are, and they were called dragons before the word "dinosaur" was invented in 1842.

You realize pretending to be a retarded christfag will bring actual retarded Christfags right?

KYS

What? You could have at least called me a Fedora

Atheism inevitable leads to communism, thus you are a commierard.

3/10 bait. Most Rand fags are atheist and Jesus was borderline commie.

Nice commie talk points there shlomo, but you aren't fooling anyone.
Rand is an israel firch cuck
Jesus said to share your own stuff if you have it cause good people share and don't hoard, not steal from others to share, that's what thieves do. Sharing isn't bad. Stealing under the pretext of sharing is bad.

Kek. I know /christian/ is filled with retards but I hope you are trolling.
Keep falling for those Jewish lies though.

Alright shlomo.

Sorry I insulted your jewish overlord. I didn't realize it would trigger you so much.

Will you two shut the fuck up.

Don't you think you're casting your net a little wide here?

Intentionally derailing/shitting up a thread is bannable.
Read the rules page at some point.

Why did armored fish die out?

It'd require a lot of energy to move around and you need need massive muscles to even move. Probably because of how inefficient it's design. is.

A fish with bones?

They didn't. Several fish have scales that act as armor, the most well known being the Coelacanth.

What about its weapons though? Dunkleosteus would make a pretty fuckin bangin greatsword or charge blade

General inefficiency of the animal's design, the need for such heavy armor dying out as the world became a bit less dog-eat-dog

More than anything else prehistoric, I just want to see an ocean any time before the extinction of the dinosaurs. The ocean as it is now is alien as fuck, the prehistoric ocean must have been insane.

Also, dunkleosteus is the coolest mother fucker around.

The whole point of scales is armor. Armored fish refers to an extinct group of fish that had bone plates of armor. A ceolacanth is no more an armored fish than a carp.

For clarification on the coelacanth v armored fish thing