Anyone else recently watched Planet Earth 2...

Anyone else recently watched Planet Earth 2? How mad are you at the bourgeoise that all the beautiful scenery and animals will vanish in the next few decades?

Other urls found in this thread:

factwalk.com/1261
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to fuck a Rhino, but they'll be gone soon
;_:

It's more likely that a rhino will fuck you.

If those fucking snakes on that little island die no fucks will be given, was like something out of a nightmare.

Just call it life support systems and biodiversity so you don't trigger the anti-environmentalist on this board. And it's not entirely the bourges' fault; overpopulation, and thus animal consumption and unsustainable development is causing this mass extinction event.

Why do parents lay their eggs in that literal death trap? You'd think they'd have learnt by now. Or at least eaten the snakes.

Nobody said life was pretty, it's painful and horrifying. More reasons you shouldn't fuck with it, you get rid of it, you still allow the niche to exist. I think there's karma to this.

You have no idea. I became a commie initially because I was disgusted with how efficiently and completely capitalism destroyed everything I found beautiful and worthwhile.

Thank you user, I wanted to watch a documentary series.

There's something quite dialectical about this.

The nothing that results by eliminating a species is not an abstract nothingness, it's a void ecological niche, and that void matters, it has repercussions on the ecosystems, because another species will eventually seize the opportunity and try to fill it, a predator no longer controls the population of its prey, etc.

I have a feeling that humans are eventually going to get dominated by nature the more niches exist around us.

Say, animals that work on the opportunity in a shitty overpopulated polluted world, in some nation in Africa, to snatch up children.

Like, rodents or cats.

I have a feeling the more we press on nature the more nature is going to fold back and press against us.

Capitalism's inefficient use of resources and supreme lordship of waste and pollution is unironically a very efficient machine, indeed.

The Earth isn't fucking overpopulated please stop this meme

No problem. Being a non-Brit it was my first David Attenborough experience.

This thread needs more penguins

Based on 20,000 years of experience (i.e., the mass extinction event that has followed in the wake of humans wherever we have migrated), we certainly can't entrust the management of our environment and resources to local, uncoordinated groups. The idea that anarchy will lead to more harmony with the environment is utter bullshit.

Those Penguins swam for 50 miles, then get bashed up on the rocks, then waddle miles to feed their offspring, every day. Bretty good little fuckers.

They adapted to dive and eat the sea plants, so probably their only place to live.

Made this, the score is incredible.

We're living in a dying world and soon it will be dead.

Anti-environmentalists are like smokers except if everyone was being forced to smoke and they opposed the people trying to make smoking no longer compulsory. In other words, they belong up against the wall.

"Then, on Oct. 27, 2004, the Los Angeles Times revealed the answer: David Gelbaum, a super rich donor, had demanded this position from the Sierra Club in return for huge donations! Kenneth Weiss, author of the LA Times article that broke the story, quoted what David Gelbaum said to Sierra Club Executive Director Carl Pope:

Since 1996, leaders of the Sierra Club have refused to admit that immigration driven, rapid U.S. population growth causes massive environmental problems. And they have refused to acknowledge the need to reduce U.S. immigration levels in order to stabilize the U.S. population and protect our natural resources. Their refusal to do what common sense says is best for the environment was a mystery for nearly a decade.

"I did tell Carl Pope in 1994 or 1995 that if they ever came out anti-immigration, they would never get a dollar from me."

factwalk.com/1261

omg like so mad

Welcome to Anthropocene, fucks.

Those people aren't actively doing harm, and as you gloss over it's only "most" of them and you even put the word "environmentalists" in scare quotes. Quit splitting en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology) you fucking retard.

immigration has almost nothing to do with environementalism.. you realise people living in mexico consume resources too right?

That said, I do have issues with 'greens' in the sense that they oppose nuclear power and evolved plants, ie. the two technologies that have the most potential to stop climate change.

Yes, they are by promoting unsustainable levels of immigration under the current societal model

So Hispanics in the US have the same living standards as they did back in their rural village in Mexico? Or do Hispanics in the US consume negative resources when they cross the border?

inb4

Massive urban sprawl and excessive resource consumption would still occur if the US had replaced all those Hispanics with Britons or Germans

More industrialised countries have lower reproductive rates. But yes, people who immigrate to the west end up consuming more, but that's a reason to reduce western resource use, not for containment.

The problem is we're not reducing resource use.

I don't know why mindless shitlibs love to bring up that argument as some sort of GOTCHA for how environmentalism is compatible with mass immigration - how is the enviornment helped by adding additional consumers that will now consume more than they would have consumed in their homeland? Because they vote for some don't-rock-the-boat Democrat that thinks 20% sustainable energy by 2060 is good enough (if they can be bothered turning up)?

Better than the fucking republican that still doesn't believe in climate change

It's not immigrants fault that we aren't and it's stupid to punish them for it, the Americans crying about China's pollution are hilarious.

I don't think immigration really helps climate change but it's not some huge issue either

Most population growth in First World nations has been driven by immigration. I really don't understand how the Left can so glibly dismiss that crucial fact - well I do, considering how they'll usually move to libertarian.txt talking points about how we need immigrants to pay for pensions, do the jobs we won't do etc.

You're clearly lumping "people I disagree with" into a single big other

How is it hurt you tribalistic shitbird? The whole planet is a single system. Ecological disaster in one country affects other countries. It has nothing to do with immigration.

Yeah, tell me more about how the Sierra Club has lobbied fanatically against both legal and illegal immigration.

Stop being an obtuse fuckwit, where do you think resources come from?

Yes, and that's why resource use is beyond sustainable capacity, fuckface.

Again, immigration under the current system is damaging to the environment as it increases population growth in countries with already unsustainable consumption of resources

Those people were consuming resources in their home countries too, you moron. Your posts boil down to "protect muh homeland!"

HUMANITY ISTELF IS A CANCER TO EARTH

Pedro and Jamal barely had the minimum for survival back in their shitholes. It's not even close of what people consume in develop nations.

Gee, and why did they move again?

To consume exactly the same amount of resources they were consuming before, or to consume even less because they're just that environmentally-conscious?

They're really a credit to humanity if they moved to the United States to consume even less resources than they did in their Guatemalan village.

But you don't really have a rebuttal to the simple fact that immigrants from Third World countries will consume more when they move to First World countries precisely because they want to consume more resources by attaining the higher living standards available in those First World countries

No we're not. Capitalism is the cancer. Carbon emissions are a product of industrialization. Humans in general could be seen as a sort of infection, as we're an invasive species virtually everywhere there's land. Cancer is a different animal. Capitalism is cancer though, rich people/companies are the tumors and they metastasize by moving into non-capitalist countries and growing there. We are in stage IV and soon it will kill us and possibly the planet itself.

kek, what trash ideology. Is it worth reading Mein Kampf for the laughs? Because if that quote is any indication, it's hilarious.

yikes

Not him, but similar to Mises and Rothbard, I don't find Hitler ideology intriguing enough to plod through a 700 page book (in the case of Mises and Rothbard it's more like 1000+), If you have an abridged version of it I'd like a copy.

Why would I read that shit?

It's shit