ITT: Sequels that you didn't enjoy as much as the original

ITT: Sequels that you didn't enjoy as much as the original

Pic related. I don't know why, I mean combat feels sort of faster thanks to Umbra Climax, I like the challenge rooms, and I'm glad they don't have useless QTE-tier shit, but I don't know. Something just didn't click with me compared to the original Bayonetta. I guess it's because it has a different director compared to Kamiya and maybe that influenced the game.

Bayonetta 2's final boss is a miserable joke compared to the original's.

The fist weapon in dmc 3 wasnt as good as dmc 1's. Dmc4 is almost as good. But overall i liked dmc1 the best.

Is it that easy?

Overall I enjoyed Bayonetta 2 a lot more, but I can completely agree that the sequel's final boss was terrible compared to the first.

It just feels so bare bones, even compared to Demon's Souls.

I wonder if they'll ever make Bloodborne 2.

Play it yourself. The problem isn't how easy it is.

How long is Bayo 2? I'm already on Chapter 14.

It's not that it's too easy, nor that it's too hard. It's just not very interesting or exciting. All of the other bosses in the game are great, but the last one falls flat.

I thought it was a step up in everything except the hardest difficulty, no reason they couldn't have included NSIC.

XCOM 2

Don't get me wrong, there are elements I like and mods tweaks are fun, but the pacing is incredibly 'off' compared to the original games and even the reboot.

I stopped playing a few days after release and I still can't motivate myself to resume it.

Thankfully, yet another user who agrees.

Don't get me wrong, Bayonetta 2 was damn good. But the original is in my top 10, and to me its sequel felt like more of a fun little gift to fans than a step-up. Not that anything could surpass the euphoric experience the original provided.

Besides, needing to turn on the Gamepad just to play is asinine. I love booting up my 360 and taking the original for a spin.

I think Okami, Bayo and Viewtiful Joe are the only good things Kamiya has ever contributed to.

Everything else is past his prime. Now he's lost his touch and people cling onto him hoping for that same Jap magic.
Needless to say, he's lost it.

I was about to say his prime ended at Revengeance, but then I just remembered he didn't do that one.

I completely agree with you. Platinum, without him, still pushes out some good games though.

Did he work on Vanquish?
That game was dank

Like Korra, Devastation, TMNT, and SFZ? The best thing he did was The Wonderful 101.

No, but he gets credit for a lot of games he didn't work on.

Nope. That was Mikami, who later made Evil Within. That was alright, but nowhere near as good as REmake or RE4.

He didn't make Revengeance, or Vanquish, why everyone here so ignant.

Nope. Shinji Somethingsomething

I never said all of them. When I was referring to non-Kamiya games I specifically had in mind:

Were you not just counting post-Revengeance games? Vanquish came out before that.

smh tbh fam erryun finna get lit

No I just meant the general history of Platinum. The company is going downhill very fast though.

I felt Max Payne 2 was a lot weaker than the first game. It was significantly shorter with lots of reused levels, a lot easier thanks in-paet to a more generous and easily abusable bullet time system, and the story was weaker with lots of melodrama and poor characterizations. At least in 3 despite its laughable story it had good gameplay to fall back on (whenever it actually permitted to me play and wasn't just another on-rails segment). 2 was just an inferior version of 1 outside of the engine/graphics upgrade.

Which games have the most sequels anyway?

And I'm talking sequels, not spinoffs like mario has or a series like FF.

Incidentally I don't like thps1, 2 because no reverts.

Would you consider the Jagex Ace of Spades a sequel to the original?

Kamiya didnt work on Bayo 2. Also completely skipping the DMC series and W101 in the list of games he's contributed to shows your lack of knowledge about him. Hell, you didn't even mention RE2. Saying "He's lost it." Whilst failing to mention W101 is just retarded.

If you mentioned Scalebound you may be able to actually make a strong case however.

He didn't work on the DMC "series", just the first one.