So why is healer usually treated like shit in MMOs/Teamplay games, and expected to be extremely obedient at all times?

So why is healer usually treated like shit in MMOs/Teamplay games, and expected to be extremely obedient at all times?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because of the healslut meme

H E A L S L U T
E
A
L
S
L
U
T

Have you ever been a healer in one of those situations? Don't believe those healslut faggots. They're lying to you. I wouldn't lie to you.

DO YOUR JOB HEALSLUT

Reminder that healslut shit is just an excuse for fags to talk about their fetishes.

Wait, is this just a joke or is this actually true?

Anime

would we lie to you, user?

So Healslut isn't just a little joke it's just common for healers to be sluts?

many a truth has been uttered in jest, user

HEALER UNION
We strike until we get respect

It's easy to blame the support than themselves.

healing is an innately subservient position much like "nurse" or "caretaker", and involves maintaining other people while they're in harms way
you're the camp follower and turbofaggots will go all the way, fitting it in with their bottom ass bitch fetishes

healsluts are real, i am one

It started out as a humorous little joke about the relation between healers and tanks. Now it's nothing but a way for queers to talk about shoving shit up their asses outside of their containment board. "Talking about my disgusting fetishes is video game related because healers are in video games!"

It comes from the trend of guys getting their girlfriends to play healers in games. Easy way for couples to play together since healing gives them just enough to do to feel like they're participating without requiring them to actually develop skill. No one uses it to talk about that here though, here it's all just faggots and RPers who want to pretend they were the alpha who got a girl to play with them.

I can also kill easily

If you were dying a slow, painful death to a DPS, would you be fine if you're healers just sitting around twiddling his fingers and focus-healing the tank? A good healer prevents anyone from dying, except the enemy.

Because they like it.

Nigga you don't know what you're talking about.

Why would you want a girl anyway?

You should really broaden your vocabulary m80.

I'd like to file a complaint to the Healers On Mending Objective (H.O.M.O.) itt.

As a long time tank, I have to say I truly hate
HATE
Most (>90%) Healsluts' attitudes.

So stuck-up, so self-righteous.

Most play female characters so that attitude becomes 10x more irritating when its on the faggy opposing team.

Thank you for your time.

Can one be a tankslut?

How would that work?

you best start believin' in healslut threads

It don't.

Even female tanks are manlier than you.

You let the enemy beat your ass into bloody meat chunks and then ask for more.

Are there any single player games about being a healer? I don't mean like being able to change your abilities to act as a healer in a game with classes/jobs or playing as a doctor like Trauma Center, but a game revolving around someone going around healing people with arcane/divine power, possibly as part of an adventuring party.

Bitch please.

Oi, faggots. Hit me up if uou need a heal slut in any vidya. ;^)

Healers are the easiest classes to play and the hardest classes to mess up as, but a bad healer will make everyone perform poorly.

In MMOs, you literally just click the lowest bar. Addons for most MMOs will make it autocast the correct heal for you when you click them.

In shooters like Overwatch/Evolve, you literally just pick Static Shock/Rogue Val and stand in the general vicinity of your team, and they automatically heal.

People who play healers are either submissive little squirts who are afraid of messing up, or egotistical shits who think they are irreplaceable, thinking they need to be constantly thanked and praised for doing their job while nobody else in the group with actual challenging tasks asks for such. The latter need to be degraded until they are the former. Since the submissive players either don't care or enjoy being controlled, the general rule is to just break in all healers at all times.

Successful tanks cannot be submissive. It's mutually exclusive.

No, I'm saying you're most likely a DPS pleb.

Ergo, even female tanks are manlier than you.

God loves all of you, but you need to stop being faggots so you can get into Heaven. Getting your ass rammed isn't worth losing an eternity of paradise.
>>>/christian/

Healing in tf2 and killing floor is actually alot of fun.

Why do you want to play with absolute cancer?
You might as well browse IGN and /r/gaming while you're at it.

and you might as well find a different board because you clearly don't know how sage works

It is true most online games are absolute cancer, but private servers with Holla Forums are good.

Some people blame their scrubness on healers, while others need to get their dick frustration. Their minds tell them that treating bad a healer will give them not only peace, but sexual pleasure.

Sometimes they're right, but not all healers are sluts and you should show some goddamn respect to them.

I don't like the idea of healslutting or tanking equally.
I don't play games to babysit, I play them to embark on epic journeys and slay vicious foes.
Yet almost always DPS class is either bearded old-man rip off of Gendalf or edgy anime kid reverse gripping anime daggers with plate-clad knights being reserved for kindergarten duty.

Cute.

Tanksluts are great. They take all the punishment for your team and to thank them you get punish them some more. There's no better feeling than spanking your tank and making them beg for you to fill them with your hot cum after a succesful raid.

You forgot your fedora.

שווייַגן, גוי
איר וועט גיין צו גענעם צוזאמען מיט די געיס

Naw, healsluts are the masochists and the tanks are sadists.

KIKES GET THE FUCK OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't see healsluts aggroing all the fucking mobs, getting gangbanged with tons of damage and reinforcing their assholes especially to be able to take that kind of anal destruction.

If you don't understand what was wrong with your post you should probably pay a visit to >>>/oven/

heal my arthritis pls

They take that abuse and give it back twice as hard to thr healslut.

Why mmos are so shit in terms of tactics and team play?

>>>/israel/

I'll give a benefit of the doubt and let explain me what did I do wrong.

נומ '
איר באַקומען אויס
גויים זענען עקלדיק

'What do you know that he doesn't?

That's just weird, user.

So you've played maybe one or two MMOs? I'm guessing you also don't know what constitutes a representative sample size.

You're in denial, user.

You know you want the whip.

Recommend me mmos where you must actually think tactical and shit?

That b.o. of /israel/ is also one of the board volunteers on Holla Forums, and a real israeli jew.

The healslut needs no thanks, just hot loads.

Nice get.

Does he feel in charge?

Baine?

he's a minotaur
and a pretty big guy

It's not an aggressive/competitive role to play therefore it is not seen as masculine. It is seen as feminine & therefore submissive. That's where heal slut maymay comes from, natural innate roles of the sexes which manifest certain behaviors.

They're also the most important member of any team without exception. This means that everybody on the team had better jump when the healer says "frog", or they're getting cut off.

You chose a bitch role, one meant to be subservient to the people doing all the real work like tank and DPS.

I always played a medic in SWG. That shit was like my full time job, it was like being in a melting down power plantl. Running around trying to slap shit together to stay working, all the while trying to not die a horrible death in a place where everything seemingly has a mind of it's own and wants to kill you.

I also did all this while specced as a debuff medic, meaning I could usually just out heal and cripple opponents. Usually meaning I can win a one on one, only one on one was rare.

It was supremely satisfying, despite being one of like 5 medics on the server.

woo yeah sure is hard, make sure you don't overblock

That's why I don't play MMOs.
If there are any with unconventional or interesting roles let me know.

fuck off back to tumblr you fucking turbofaggot

I never visited tumblr. Or any of those social sites that needs registration and what's not.
My problem is that classes are formulaic, boring and clearly geared towards certain mindsets. So you can guarantee in 99% that person of said class will fall into said category.

I'd rather play something like Monhun or PSO2 where every class can do anything, but you still need teamwork and coordination to not get wiped.

You can be a griefer and ruin parties if that's your thing. Or happy merchant ruining game economies if you can monopolise items and have price controls on your server through a guild or buy low/sell high strategy or whatever the system UO had. Technically you can be anything depending on the MMORPG. I hate how everyone including MMORPGs keep forgetting about the RPG aspect of the games. It's always now a bunch of stupid kids who have to get to max level and min-max fucking everything only to quit and whine about why the game didn't last them as long as they could. You might as well play ASSFAGGOTS. Then again, I guess that's why most people just shorten it to MMO these days. You retards forgot about the RPG aspect.

it's not fair

gotta play on the rp servers, user

This is why I don't play MMOs. If I can't shit in my teammates' cereal, what's the point?

Well I may be a part of the problem, but I want to play games to fight and kill shit.
And I play online games to fight and kill shit in co-operation with other players. Of course if game allows you be merchant or crafter it's great. But I wish games were more creative with their combat mechanics and combat class roles and variety.

That's not what I meant, refer to my other post
If I wanted to solo shit I'd be playing single player games.

Fug, I meant this post

The best healing mechanics in any online game, and it has to be stuck in a game that had some of the worst management I've ever seen from a dev and publisher. I can't even hope for a private server since the game's fanbase is so tiny.

Because of sissyboy faggots who actually wish they were little girls so they could get bullied and fantasize about getting fucked by big smelly nerds.

It's pretty fucked up.

i dunno about smelly

Have you ever seen 9/10th of the trap/gender bender manga that these fucking degenerates post? Almost without fail there's at least one line of "Ugh, his cock .. it stinks…" Unwashed cock on top of it being cock, that's even fucking nastier.

I can never understand sissyboys who actually want that shit.

i was just talking about me, my man
i like getting dominated by monsters more than anything else, though
so i guess smelly is sort of a given there

Well, at least you're honest, I suppose.

nyes

masochism

maybe if you didnt get so uppity at the slightest sign of criticism there wouldnt be a problem

I just want to be a cute little girl and dress up in cute, frilly dresses. No real desire to be bullied or get railed by gross men.
I do have the burning desire for tender, passionate lovemaking with someone I love dearly and loves me back, but that's something I wish for regardless of some genderswap fetish.

I play healer cause I'm generally shit at games and being a healer doesn't require much effort.

I'm fine with that.

oh, not me
i wanna get bullied for my tiny dick by big huge muscular alpha males
but also the love stuff like you said sometimes

You know that archetype is wrong, it feels wrong to even glimpse at it.

If being a healer doesn't require much effort, why are 99% of healers so god damn bad at it.

0 fucking damage

because most of the ones that know how to play would rather do something other than heal. which leaves people who want to help but dont want to learn how to help better. rather, they want to feel like theyre helping

Dunno user.

I try to keep everyone healed, I contribute DPS if I can(if its a shooter), I don't just sit still and let myself die over and over.

Gotta be alert and pro-active as a healer but at least I don't need to have good aim.

Tanks lead
DPS follows
Healsluts hand out refreshments in miniskirts

>got a really autistic girlfriend who only really stays with me out of habit and being too socially awkward to do anything else
>know in my heart that she isn't capable of feeling anything for me or if she is she's not able to express it in a way that I could understand or appreciate

Go back to your room Dustiness.

Because people who play healer often let their targets call the shots, even if it means following a Leeroy Jenkins to one's death. In contrast, a healer with good situational awareness can provide useful tactical advice and even become a sort of commander. Ever see a TF2 Medic orchestrate a successful team Uber rush? No one's calling HIM a healslut.

At least you got that.
Motherfucker.

Maybe you should tell her how you feel, or tell her that you don't know if it's working because she doesn't address your needs at all. And if you don't want to see her in a skirt because she's a tubby bitch, then tell her that you're sick of her fatass.

Either way, stop playing as a girl and look for a girl of your own, or fix the one you got now. You gotta take life by the balls, son. Stop accepting less. You can do this!

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!

Ew. Maybe it's a humiliation fetish thing?

Apart from the girlfriend and the erping, that pretty damn close to me. I don't have any outlet, though.

Yeah I imagine being gay/faggots is already humiliating enough that they like that kind of shit. Pussy or GTFO, one dick only mine.

I thought I was alone.

Darkness a best.

HEALER REVOLUTION NOW
CONTROL THE MEANS OF DESTRUCTION

is there anyone else who comes close?

Ask her out you fucking faggot

My friendo is trying to go 110% healslut how the fuck do I stop this madness?

call him a gay and push him off a roof

When I said autistic I meant it in the literal sense, not the meme off-hand insult. I can get to her do or wear or say whatever I want but there isn't anything behind it. I don't know what she would do without me but I don't think she even understands that.

Is she a potatohead?

actually, yeah.
there's another girl she's tied with.

Fuck, meant for

Healers are worthless just git gud

I came here to post this

It's ok user, there's others here that want the same. Life just sucks ass so we'll never get these things before fucking off.

oh i never ever played any mmorpg so i dont know how that garbage works, im pretty sure everyone that plays mmorpgs is homosexual by default

EverQuest

Now now, there's no need to bully him

Megumin is great but, but comes in second to this imo

the hell kind of a name is darkness

It's her codename since she didn't want to use her real one.

Explotions are still better.

They're both great for different reasons.

Want some loli? great, here's an autistic witch girl with a ridiculous name. Go appreciate her flat chest and cute aesthetic, and tease her for being practically useless and surprisingly lewd. In the Light Novels, while kazuma is asleep, she writes the words "holy sword" on his stomach with an arrow pointing to his crotch

Want to slap some fat tiddies instead? Here's a perverted tank who wants to be abused and knocked around. She's too sadomasochistic to turn down your requests, so the sky's the limit.

What volume does that happen in? Is it in the newest one? I only remember the one time they were in her home village. even that shit was pretty lewd

Fuck off. theyre objectively the hardest. The only reason why I started healing was because dpsing in raids got too easy, as its just avoid fire, remember rotation. Healing you actually have to react on the fly, heal retards that dont realize fire bad, manage health pools, all with dwindling magicka reserves, high damage output oftentimes on everything and the odd dps doing something retarded like deciding he should try being the tank or the flashy explosion is good to put his face in, because reasons.

The best MMO experiences I have for raids was healing first time wins on bosses. Heart is going a mile a minute by the end of it

This only applies to your gay ass fantasy shit you elf molesting faggot, if you are playing anything that isnt made for raging homosexuals(i.e anything that isnt an mmo) your "healer" needs to be the last fucker standing, if you are playing "seriously" hes pretty much the NCO or at the very least a veteran, if he falls youre all fucked, support is everything and is often the difference between win and lose

someone pointed this out on PS2 thread awhile back, although newfags often gravitate to medic, if you are playing legit tacticool 12 man unit actually coordinating and takin points, yer bossman is often gonna be a medic and he needs to know exactly what he is doing

Sounds like a typical heal slut amirite?

It's in Volume 4. When he sees what she did, he says something to the effect of "that damn loli! I'm gonna cast Steal on her and give her a taste of her own medicine!"

The next chapter he starts ignoring her and acting different until she cries.

Oh wait, I remember now. You made it sound different than it was.
Had some weird thought that they were sleeping in the same bed and she drew that with her fingers right in front of him- not as some prank with a marker like what actually happened

Because people took the shitty meme too far, driving off proper medics. Now, you are either an asshole, or a slut. Everyone else buggered off on account of dickheaded normalfag-tier shitters.

>>>/healslut/

How would you spell the words "holy sword", AND make an arrow, with your fingers?

if you actually believe this you're more suggestible and/or retarded than both parties you're bitching about

I play tank because I'm a masochist

lewd finger writing on the navel involving some type of light magic bullshit
I have wild fantasies when it involves lewd things and characters I like, nearly fanfic-teir but I keep it bottled up.

thats normal and healthy. isnt it?

Fuck off. theyre objectively the hardest. The only reason why I started damaging was because healing in raids got too easy, as its just click on the lowest bar, remember buffs. Damaging you actually have to react on the fly, check your surrounding to avoid hazards, manage damage and threat, all while racing with time, survive when tank loses agro oftentimes in every phase and the odd healer doing something retarded like deciding he should only focus pocketing one tank or alt-tabbing away because healing is too easy, because reasons.

The best MMO experiences I have for raids was being the first place in DPS race on bosses. Heart is going a mile a minute by the end of it

this thread and MMOs in general are so fucking gay, I decided to write a haiku:

I'd like to think so.
I feel like I spend a quite a bit of time thinking about things that would make my heart flutter if I were ever to find that special fun person to do things with. It's a bittersweet feeling knowing after thinking about such things that I won't experience them for a while.

I play tank because no one else is good enough.

same here. i raided with a big anarchy online group and then was in a top-tier raiding guild in wow when it launched, and all the tanks were either shit or such dramatic whiny pussbags that I decided I'd start tanking to spare myself from having to deal with their faggotry

now it's the aggressive leader life for me. damage dealer acting like a faglord? kick that kike, i guarantee ten are on standby who would do anything for that raid slot. shitty healer? fuck you, druid you're on healing now no i don't give a shit that you're feral spec

haiku thread this will
become because of shitposts
you are a nigger

I play tank because everybody else is slower than shit.

Why would you say that
This thread is a nigger angus,
Do you eat black meat?

you fucked up, go to sleep

Are you kidding me?
You are fucking a white male
You are a white male

thread is one syllable how about you go to bed faggot

l m a o he
cannot shitpost in haiku
go back to reddit

I play healer because most of the time it's the only class that requires real skill and micromanagement.

But speaking of MMOs

This = 1
thread = 1
is = 1
a = 1
nigger = 2
angus = 2

(1 x 4) + (2 x 2) = 8

I can't count sorry
I will commit sodoku
please forgive my sins

You should kill yourself.
Why haven't you done it yet?
Just do it, faggot.

man is a beta
world of warcraft is garbage
why do they still play

The healer is never active, only reactive. They never have the initiative. And in most mmos it's the easiest type to play

If I pull that off
It will hurt extremely so.
But you're a big guy.

Becuase with the dynamic of Tank+Healer and a DPS, anyone who chooses Healer is consciously making the decision of taking the role to be support to a big beefy tank. They can pull the "without me, you die!" but thats about true for all three roles in the dps + Tank/Healer system, and a healer without a tank are about as good in a fight as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. In short, healing is an inherently submissive role and healers need their big strong tank to take care of them.

What does it mean if a girl prefers to play Tank in MMOs?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cant you find something interesting to do instead? or at least be original?

Because they're a key role and if they don't do their job or make a mistake the team can't do theirs.

Healers carry the team usually. Tanks and DPS can move a party forward but they can't maintain momentum without some form of healing.

Of course you can completely dispose of healers on the front lines by having every man be a healer. That's why the US has the CLS (combat lifesaver) training instead of dedicated medics which are the doctors and surgeons protected at base. Casualties are brought back to them.

You kinda' got that all backwards
the tank is a power bottom who wants to be the belle of the ball

and someone has to be suckin' all that dick

Is this enough evidence to ban someone for being underage?

Marx Das Kapital is the best book on capitalism and most of you fucks didn't even read the guy

That's a funny way of spelling The Protestant Ethic.

Then which is the real masculine class? Some people are saying healers, tanks, DPS, which of them is true?

stop that

Every class can be masculine, user. It all depends on who plays it.

Masochist tank

The manliest classes no longer exist because NCSoft is pure fucking evil.

I think it has a lot to do with gear and shit. If your server lacks healers and most do, healers develop and attitude, when they reach max level they run off to a uber guild and get kitted with god-tier shit and forget everyone they ever played with.

If your playing some uber-tier dps and mid-tier tank and healer your all dead.

If your playing with a god tier tank and dps, healer = slut and should do what it is told.

Back in the days of Guild Wars 1, this one Warrior I played with regulary was a rum-drinking construction worker. Believe it or not, she encouraged men to lead her around, not to mention having really conservative values.

Literally the best healer of any game I've played. He has:

D.Va da bes.

Aside from Tech Support, the healer is a babysitter class. The number of times I've been yelled at because some idiot pushed too far ahead, and died as a result, is outstandingly high. It's like they expect me to just abandon everyone else so that this nimrod can have his seven seconds of glory.
No. You die and hopefully learn to stick with the group.

Why can't you? Did they turn into healsluts?

Sort of. I had left the game for a while because of normalfaggotry and actually needing to get a better-paying job. When I finally got a stable work schedule I came back. Apparently six months is long enough for your guild to be replaced by what I can only describe as "pod people". Same usernames but they sure as hell weren't the same people.

DESIGNATED

Maybe it is some kind of parasite or alien disease that they got infected by.

Tanks and DPS can eventually do their job through rote learning. Even a monkey could probably be trained to do a tank or a DPS's job. Outside of very specific situations, you can beat extremely hard encounters with below average tanks and DPS through enough repetition.

Healing on the other hand, requires reaction time, prioritizing through triage, discipline (when there's multiple healers involved), being able to make decisions on the fly and the ability to anticipate and predict the way a fight's mechanics will affect your group.

You can't heal stupid, but stupid will eventually learn not to stand in fire. If stupid is healing, you're doomed.

When I play Medic in TF2, I don't obey anyone, order people around, take credit for victories and blame loses on the rest of the team. Because I picked medic when there were none and other asshats picked sniper when there were three of them,

I used to heal and try dps, then I tried tanking. All other roles are gay. Tank life is best life. Lancer in Tera is ballin, and Fiona in Vindictus is sex.

My gigaton nigger.

PROJECTION

Do we still have a Tera guild? I just started playing, and the game's boring without having the chat filled with autism and memes while I grind.

I don't think anyone still plays, but I stopped playing ages ago because I was stuck at the point where I didn't have anyone near enough to my level to do shit.

If I asked them I guarantee the first response would be from Warap citing 2easy4me.

Found the original. Thought that looked wrong.

NONSENSE, YOU CAN NEVER GO TOO FAST

God dammit.

furthermore

Is there any MMO in existence where you can pull an entire raid without melting like a fucking idiot?

I'd probably roll up a new character if someone booted up the threads again.

Being a healer is like a being a parent of tanks and dps you essentially have to keep changing their diapers and wiping their noses

same here, for sure

Honestly i have to agree with healers required to be submissive bitches. The constant fucking abuse, blaming etc they get requires you to be masochistic.

Also who the fuck thinks whack-a mole staring at health bars is fun?

Even tanking is fucking shit in most mmos atleast tanking bosses because what you usually do is just stare at their ass or your cooldowns though granted dps if melee isnt much different.

What's wrong bone man?

I've done it in wow before. Probably repeatable on a few different mmos. As the tank you should be able to survive without heals for a few moments on your own. The trick is having competent DPS who melts things faster than they melt you.

There's no guild to play with, user.

That's a pretty big "if", in my experience.

Conentrated Smug is playing Mabinogi at the moment. Idk if those guys would pick up Tera again simply because of how the Brawler patch and following patches keep removing hard content in lieu of easier dungeons on top of the class balance being fucked silly.

Fucking shitters really, learn to fucking manage your mana reserves dont just nuke everything you see.

it takes a village, user
kids kick and scream and cry too
someone has to make sure they don't run straight into oncoming traffic

Fucking Hearxists.

The achievement with the free party nature of Damagecapitalism where the means of destruction is controlled by private players and large efficient guildorperations/clanpanys is the superior path to success in acquiring legendary loots.

Shit OP, 8/10 pretty good bait.

Because it's *always* their fault when shit happen. If you are not a shit healer, nobody dies and that's as simple as that.

Only because the tank and healer keep you alive. Remember: the more aggro you pull, the harder they have to work to make up for your dumb ass. There is a reason tank/heal slots are harder to fill.

City of Heroes/Villains… now that was a fucking solid game.

I rarely play healer and even more rarely with pubs… but when I do, I warn them straight up: shit talk me and you're on the ignore list. If you die, too bad. I hate healing as it is, I'm not going to suffer through entitled faggots while I do it.

Yeah I'm sure it's the healer's fault every time.

Every single time.

Morons need someone to blame when they just rush in with no regard for their own safety and die.
Most of them have little to no sense of strategy in team play and almost every game would be better without them.

Basically anyone who treats their healer like shit is just bad at the game 95% of the time.

I dont understand why people still play games that have this whole "holy trinity" bullshit.

If your mmo cant be played with everyone playing dps classes then it's shit.

Because, back in the ol' days, there was this crazy idea that in a massively multiplayer game, people could play different roles which would lead to teamwork becoming a necessity. I guess that all along, we should have been creating as many special snowflake lone wolf classes in our MMOs as possible, rather than actually designing a cohesive teamwork-based system of play.

I dont mind teamwork and honestly i agree with you it was damn fun back in the "ol' days" because even the random noobs you sometimes had to run shit with werent braindead but these days you have to get yourself injected into some circlejerk to be able to run that shit without tearing your hair out but that's not as easy as it sounds and in worst cases some friends are left out which makes shit turn into ;drama and that sucks.

I'd love to have mmo where everyone had some sort of dps class with some survival skills so when shit hits the fan they could still try to back the fuck up and recover but the main goal of the game would be to not fucking get hit when you are swarming that huge ogre with your pals and shit.

Admittedly it wouldnt be as easy to make as your typical tank'n spank game though.

GW2 tried that.

It was terrible.

The problem was that GW2 was going to turn out shit no matter what.

It could work decently in something like Dragon's Dogma combat and gameplay and i think the "mmo" of DD actually does it like that though i cant be 100% sure because Nippon-onry.

Worst at designing it would probably be to figure how to make the agro work so enemies wont just target one guy/class exclusively but also wont just go beelining into squishy sorcerers immediately or rubberband between players constantly unable to do jackshit.

Being a healer is fun, I can actually do other shit while my teammates are being cock slapped and only every so often do I have to lift a finger

in vanilla wow, there was a raid boss in AQ40 that our group couldn't handle so we took two tanks to ping-pong him across the room with taunts so that he couldn't crush us.

you're wrong though. i think gw2's "all DPS all the time" model was a major factor in its failure, and while I don't necessarily disagree that we need a "holy trinity" i do think a big part of what has made the best MMOs the best was the fact that you had your slice of the battle and positively had to rely on your teammates. the game was more fun, it encouraged more community, and if you wanted to get to the high-tier raids you had to get your shit together, learn your class and actually become good

LOTRO's minstrel class healer was pretty rad. Played a dorf bard and would play songs between battles.

You may scoff at the holy trinity, but here's the thing: If you're going to make an MMO without it, there needs to be SOMETHING there to replace it. Otherwise you end up with formless slop, where the only reason you're picking a class is because you want to choose whether your self-heal is via necro-draining or holy-healing, or your big damage button is a giant sword move or a meaty fireball. I adore MMOs where different classes fill different niches, and I don't think abandoning the genre because "hurr players are all retards" is the answer.

They have tried this time and time again
Hello Guild Wars 2

Yeah i get that, teamwork is great though my first taste of mmo's was Runescape which didnt really have classes and i felt it worked close to perfectly though the game never had any real emphasis to pve as we know it today in the first place with main focus being the open world pvp which was more of a band of roaming bandits vs another band of roaming bandits with the ones better equipped, more numerous and organized won.

Yeah that's a huge problem, didnt GW2 fall into this? I remember trying it out with some friends and none of us got very far because no class felt like fun and they all felt the same though evidently if you go with only "dps" classes on your mmo then you better say goodbye to any hopes of it being balanced or make it all feel same shit with different effects and colours.

Im interested to see myself how DDO manages to do it, there's not much information of it because region locked but from what i've gathered from some autists who play it the classes are similar to what you have in the single player so they should atleast be different enough. Though what few boss fights i checked on Jewtube didnt instill me with confidence or hype as the bosses seemed to not know what the fuck to do when swarmed by 5 or more human players.

How about making games that are about skill, not about builds and numbers? Eh, faggot?

That doesn't work in MMOs.

this. as nice as it would be to see an MMO where your skills are more important than numbers, i think at a fundamental level an MMO really needs those numbers. i mean, how else are you going to get your players excited to do that new dungeon they just unlocked, or to run that dungeon again if they don't get the item they want?

In that case, why play an MMO?

I just mean on a technical level. The only people who consistently have good enough internet to support a true skill-based MMO are Koreans and Japs.

Shame on all you.

I'm working towards that in Tree of Savior. The cleric can advance into a class that kills enemies and turns them into zombies, and you can weaponize your heal spells. After that I can advance again into a plague doctor, which specializes in spreading Debufs and burning things.

I'll be the best god-damn doctor.

This greatest irony in this is that MMOs aren't a big thing in Japan. All that wasted internet, just want on earth do they use it for?

Fuck that shit meme.

What are you talking about? I've played online games and mmos with… a lot of girls I dated now that I think about it…

Not a single one was a healer. Most of them thought that was too much responsibility. They didn't want to be responsible if they died. Every single girl either wanted to be a range character because they thought the weapon looked cool and didn't want to have to get close to the enemies, wanted to be a mage because "their spells look cool and they wear pretty dresses" or in the case of the ex I played X-Men Legends with, she just played as her favorite characters. IIRC, it was Rogue and Wolverine.

Why do you think they've been trying to market bows as a feminine weapon so hard? Girls love that shit. Every single game. Atlantica Online, WoW, X-Men Legends, Diablo (all of 'em,) Vindictus, LOCO, every moba I've ever played, Gunz, FlyFF, etc.

I had one ex who tried to get me into WoW, she played as Blood Elf and whichever mage class had fire spells. Her reasoning was "I like crafting pretty dresses and wearing them" and "I like to burn things."

And you didn't keep her?

I was going to go through the whole story, which I've posted here many, many times, but this time I'll just cut it down to:

Was she the girl with the foul stench snatch?

Ah, the psycho ex.

Yes, yes that's the one.

That's what you get for dating a girl who plays WoW, faggot.

Rift has tanks that heal. There's no greater "you guys suck" than rezzing and healing your entire team after everyone except you get wiped.

Also
Why even party?

Don't most games? All you have to do is play a paladin or something.

So what games does healing actually feel worthwhile in?

TF2's Medic could carry a team and feel awesome doing it. Especially in Mann vs Machine when you can pop up "fuck you" barriers in a pinch to block a wall of critical rockets at the literal last second, saving everyone. Playing the healer in Borderlands 2 was also pretty good, because your healing ability was a branch off another ability and could be expanded further into something really customizable. Plus it wasn't the only thing you could do, by a longshot. Planetside 2 medics can get revive or healing grenades, plop down shield regeneration barriers, get smoke grenade launchers for their primary weapon (which doesn't suck, unlike most healers; putting a scope on the battle rifle makes you impromptu marksman in lieu of a proper sniper), and can still lug around a couple charges of C4 for when the team is raiding a base and infrastructure needs to explode.

I think that's really the key. You have to be able to do SOMETHING ELSE. "Make the numbers go back up" is not a fulfilling role. Especially not when the answer to do so is "press heal button".

I've said it before in these threads: If you want to feel appreciated as a healer, play tabletop games. Groups don't play when the Cleric doesn't show up, and the diversity of threats and circumstances means there's no real replacement for you. You can't game the AI or crunch the numbers just right to not need one. At best, people can buy some potions, but that's expensive and temporary.

The Vitalist class is a great example of doing healing right. It's got utility all day long, from communications, to buffs, and it can even deal a little damage in the form of siphoning health out of enemies to give to your allies. Every gamer wants variety. Even in the most straightforward dudebro shootbang games, a diversity of guns that after a fashion all accomplish the same thing is still critical. Saying "your job is healing, and that should be interesting enough" is a slap in the face to the point of having had jobs in the first place. The "healer" should be the "support", with healing rolled into that job description.

Here's the class progression for Vitalist.
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist

At level 1, you can cast minor spells, transfer wounds between willing targets, gain a special ability depending on your playstyle, and connect your allies in a psychic network through which you can redistribute any healing any member receives.

At level 2, you gain another playstyle-specific ability, the ability to scan people for ailments and HP, and can ignore range restraints and defensive resistances for spells if you cast them on people in your psychic network. Plus you can multi-cast the same spell to as many people in the network for a nominal fee in resources instead of casting one spell repeatedly over several turns.

At level 3, everyone in your network is now connected telepathically, allowing the whole team to speak instantaneously, silently, and through barriers. You also gain the ability to siphon HP from enemies, letting you accomplish a minor amount of damage while still healing, and doing it without expending your normal spellcasting resources. Plus you gain access to level 2 spells.

All this shit, in the starting 3 levels, is more depth of gameplay than many entire endgames in MMOs. And the playstyle-specific abilities you pick from enable you either defensively, healing, offensively, or even (in a content expansion) in social situations via telepathy.

/agdg/, I'm talking to you. If you're going to put a healer in the game, they have to have other things to offer to remain fun.

Good game design can't fix that you'll always be the team's denmother, wiping rogue noses and tardwrangling the edgy necromancer.

What a shame that no DM allows it.

I've had the good fortune to always be allowed to use psionics.

I just really hate the Vancian casting mechanic. I feel like I'm choosing an aircraft's payload, not weaving changes in reality by will.

Healslut do exist. They're a bunch of faggots.

Healers are stealers

No idea what you're referring to, but it's true that most people don't suspect the healer to have ranks in Pick Pocket or Sleight of Hand.

Class systems are a hallmark of lazy game design. Competent players don't need their hands held when developing their preferred role, and competent game devs don't need to lock player skills apart to balance them.
The one true key to team diversity is limiting movesets by stock, not compatibility.