Cloverfield - 10 Years Later

So Jan 18th will be Clover's 10th birthday.

Looking back, how was the film handled?

Shaky as fuck, the found footage format is pure cancer.

Badly. And the prequel was shit and badly advertised. And I still don't know what the hell it has to do with 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Fuck JJ.

It was excellent. The damage initiated by its success however cannot be understated.

complete garbage, didn't even make it through the film the only time I watched it

I couldn't watch the movie without getting really pissed off at the shaky camera.

cloverfield is an anthology series
10 cloverfield land literally has nothing to do with the original movie

It was infact supposed to be a film about a bunker during radioactive fallout. They slapped Cloverfield on there as a pathetic fucking attempt at marketing.

I would say found footage is fine as long as the concept is good and you don't have a buttfuck retard doing cinematography ala REC

Skip the first 1/2 hour and not miss a thing.

ok grandad

First warning of how JJ operates tossing in shit that seems interesting at first but never follows up on. Should have paid closer attention.

MYSTERY BOX
aka bad writing which the movie was full of

Rob.

I got my first blowjob after taking a girl to see that

Considering what actual videos of live events filmed by random people are like it should be a lot shakier.

It takes place in the same universe. They had similarities like the satellite but there really isn't much else connecting them. I, for one, actually liked 10 Cloverfield Lane (more than Cloverfield anyways). I felt horrible in the beginning for the guy who just let these people stay in his bunker. He was just misunderstood. Last half of the movie made me feel less bad for him though.

So does that mean Clover is some sort of war elephant for the aliens who are harvesting humans?

Me too. The ending was pretty bad, though.

Me too. It was NEET paradise. A shame he was psychopathic instead of autistic.

huh?

It was an okay movie but nothing special. The monster design was lame.
I liked the protagonist's crush on the bitchy girl, I could relate to that.

It was actually not a bad film. The only problem I have was the ending where the only purpose was to show nothing. Buuut if you're a reddit detective you can see that ONE frame where they showed a monster egg dropping into the ocean

That wasn't an egg, that was a satellite. The undersea mission to retrieve the fallen satellite instead found the creature hibernating and inadvertently woke it up.

I liked it a lot, I just wish it were longer.

I like everything about the movie except the movie. I mean, it was a pretty good idea. It just has "shitty PG-13 summer teen movie" all over it, instead of even attempting to make it seem real.

That pissed me off, too.
Because it's actually a really effective creepy ending to the movie, except it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to see the thing falling on home video.
I wonder how well it showed up in the theater.

I managed to spot it in the theatre but I might have heard about it beforehand, so I could have been looking out for it. It shows up quite well on DVD too.

The movie itself was good and actually worked well with the mystery box concept for once. The expanded meta lore and ARPG shit ruined it though.

It's okay nothing to write home about though

Don't know, never finished the film. I got motion sickness in the theater around the part where they're in the subway station.

Found footage is fun, but niche.

This is a big guy.

I saw it, it's a lion, it's huge.

For you maybe. But lions aren't in charge anymore.

I really liked the ARG they had leading up to the movie. Movie is OK though

I don't think that was what woke it up. It was an oil rig that caused the monster to get angry. The right was owned by the same company that owns Slusho, the drink company the amino character was gonna work for

10 Cloverield Lane was better, but the twists were garbage. John Goodman in a bunker = Take my money

What is the connection between that and the original? Like do they reference back to the original survivors or…?

It was original supposed to be a different film but JJ bought the script and threw in some obscure references like Slusho and John Goodman working for the company that lost the satellite

Post yfw you find out Clover has two extra mouths on the tips of its middle set of arms which it uses to vaccum up people by the hundreds.

Also, pic related. Pretty good kaijukino.

My coworker saw a very rough screening of the new one a few months ago. Too bad he's a fucking retard and can't remember anything unless it happened in a Conjuring movie. I would've blackmailed Paramount so hard.

The third Cloverfield movie?

Yeah they're calling it God Particle. IIRC it's being released in a few weeks

happy birthday clover

:3

A sequel to that garbage came out recently.

that is the sequel

I really liked it, good movie.

What?

There was a second one?

I'll never understand how people get motion sick watching movies, fucking faggots.

I get sick on windy drives, but I never felt the slightest bit queasy watching Cloverfield.
Why?
Because it's not fucking real. I'm not physically moving, so why would I get motion sickness?

So what exactly is the creature? An alien? Some giant deep sea best we never knew existed?

I liked it more than most found footage movies, I think it's roughly a 6/10 tbh.
The Tunnel, Troll Hunter, and The Blair Witch were better.
As Above So Below was about on par with Cloverfield. More retarded plot, but way less motion sickness inducing (and largely unnecessary) camera wiggling.
Other than these movies the found footage genre is pretty much entirely garbage.
I'd say Cloverfield had some competence in regards to plot and setting, but everything else was either garbage or underwhelming.

Fucking pussy

Holy shit are you retarded? The sole thing you are focusing on in an otherwise dark room is shaking as if Michael J. Fox was the cameraman, that's why people got sick.

fucking kek