There will never be another chapter in cheeki breeki saga

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bO4IB
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=news
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines
moddb.com/mods/srp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't GSC have the rights?
And Call of Chernobyl will tide us over, especially with all the mods being made for it.

GSC started back up in 2014, they might make another after they're done with Cossacks 3.

Good riddance, Fallout is better.

archive.is/bO4IB

Sir! The President called and you're to be given the Medal of Honor for such an amazing statement!

The truth is lacking in modern day America but you give us all hope with your enlightenment.

well you still have time to post on here so you can't be that busy

Yeah these days, but college is almost over.

Then I have to work for a living :^)

Good. Endless sequels are cancer.

Wait, do they have all their old guys? I though the headhoncho took off laughing unto the sunset.

So I've heard the best way to play Stalker is on the hardest difficulty.

problem is, I have to reload every five seconds and can't seem to git gud enough to actually get anywhere. How shameful is it to play on Novice difficulty? It's actually pretty fun but I hear it is harder in the long run. Is there a certain point to switch Novice to a harder difficulty?

you play master difficulty because the only thing the lower difficulties do is lower bullet damage and gun accuracy on all guns, yes this includes yours.

No, you NEED to play on master. Keep moving constantly after you fire some short controlled bursts. Always move from cover to cover, and always aim for the head

Bethesda and Todd will make it so.

Pretty much everyone that worked on the original games is long gone. They are at 4A Games or vostrok studios.

guess I'll try again. Just killed this psychic thing in a tunnel of military guys so I don't think I'm that far in.

I really want to get into this game but man is it hard.

I was really terrible at it at first too. It took me restarting SoC like 3 times over the course of a few weeks for me to finally get into it full-force. What may help you is to remind you not to rush everything. Whenever you're anywhere that seems hostile, stop for a moment, abuse the binoculars and gain as much situational awareness as you can. Check the PDA, see where you need to go and try and plan the easiest route. Oh, and don't bog yourself down by picking up a bunch of weapons to sell. If you really need cash, sell ammo. It's way lighter and you'll need your stamina to sprint to cover in tough situations.

OKAY FAGGOTS

IM UP FOR SOME STALKAN'

WHERE DO I START?

What I've played: SoC. Many times.

Clear Skies half way through a few times, bugged out every time.

The first hour of CoP 3 times and I just can't get into it.

That was a while ago.

What should I do? what mods should I get? Preferably with nice graphics for my new GPU but whatever.

Better no chapter than the interns-replacing-interns-replacing-interns-replacing-interns-replacing-interns shit that the original draft of STALKER 2 was going to be.

Their old guys left in 2006-2007, user.

Gotcha, I'll do that. Thanks for all the tips. The atmosphere and world are really great, so hopefully I can get into the swing of things soon to fully enjoy it.

Better death than selling out. CoP was already showing signs of trading polish and quick development for attention to detail and heart (also atmosphere).

H-Hey guys wanna play some Stalker Online?
It's so much fun
please play it i'm so alone with all these russians

Hey, someone else who realizes that STALKER was going downhill as it was. Look at that.

GSC may still be alive but Sergei owns the rights and he is no longer part of GSC. There will be no STALKER 2 until they pry it off the pepsi loving faggot sergei.

The game has to be played on master. Why? Because the game has bullshit coding/difficulties. If you play on a lower difficulty you will have a percentage to miss even though you aim point blank at a guy, your bullets just disappear, so does the AI's. On master it's a leveled playing field. One headshot means a dead AI and vice versa. They have as much chance to kill you as you do to them, makes the game far better and require more skill.

AA2 for SoC is pretty good though you've maybe played it to death
If you just want to free-roam and do basic quests get CoC for CoP. Other anons here will point you at the good add-ons for it I'm sure. I completely understand why you'd bounce off it, my advice is to wait for Wormwood/Redux 2.0 and give it a shot then (CoC is fine in the meantime).
The Faction Wars is a similar effort for CS but it's slightly more structured than CoC in my opinion. If you want to do the story in CS then ask someone else but I'll point out you can complete it even if the faction wars shit bugs out on you.
Finally you could try a new story in SoC. Priobi Story is my suggestion for this. I've never combined it with graphical enhancements but I can't see why PRZ2 wouldn't work with it and installation is a doddle.

But CoP came out in 2009.

That's right. It did. Funny how that works out.

Try playing with Zone Reclamation Project. It's a bugfix and graphical improvement mod, so it won't touch the gameplay. If you want gameplay mods, you have shit like L.U.R.K. and AMK. Search ModDB, almost all STALKER mods are on there. Avoid Complete, it dumbs down the game.

I haven't played it, to my shame. However, there is Sky Reclamation Project which is like ZRP for SoC.

I actually don't know many mods for CoP. I beat it recently vanilla and it was pretty great. Mods that I do know that do not affect gameplay are Absolute Structures, Absolute Nature (texture packs, basically) and Atmosfear 3, which improves the weather, skyboxes, and also enhances blowouts and adds other deadly disasters. There's also a shitload of weapon mods. Avoid MISERY unless you already enjoy hitting your balls with blunt objects.

Aside from that, listen to and

STALKER really isn't meant to have difficulty levels, just what the final game calls Master as its default - the development builds don't have any difficulties listed at all and in the final game, Master difficulty is actually the baseline.

Yeah, the game has some really fucked up coding regarding its difficulty settings. Y'know it was actually discovered a year or two back that there's a system implemented where NPCs gain damage resistance/immunity for a second or two after each time they get shot? That's why full-auto fire is so useless.

Its ogre, russians are making walking simulators and slavs are making rpgshit.

Quick questions

How often should I aim down the sights

Also, when should I equip artifacts? They seem like they do more harm than good with their radiation.

Unless you have crosshair's off which is what I just started doing today in honesty, usually if the target is only a few feet away, and even then I'll aim down the sights, but you'll find the happy medium eventaully

Equip Artifacts if you either
1. Have the rad medicine/Vodka to cure it after you use it for a particular purpose (Weight reducers for getting with dosh, fire protection if you're having trouble with burners or high temp areas)
or

2. If you get lucky enough to find Anti-radiation gear. This usually comes with a set back (You might get wounded easier, etc) but they tend to balance out if you can work them right

Gotcha, so they aren't something you passively equip.

Well, that just about answers everything. I'm doing a lot better now and actually clearing out enemies instead of feeling like each kill is just luck.

I'm honestly considering getting some designated Stalking headphones at this point.

What are you listening to fellow stalkers?

Not if our Lord and Savior Todd Howard fulfills his promise of bringing STALKER to modern, wider, audiences!

[Citation Needed]

That is a very unpleasant thing to say.

How were the Metro games when compared to STALKER?

Fine but different. 2033 is the superior game and I'd suggest torrenting the original instead of Redux.

So is Last Light worth playing or should I just play 2033?

also, was the steam version of 2033 automatically updated to Redux for everyone who owned a copy or was it something sold separate?

Got a revenge kill quest and target is way behind the thing that brings you to the next zone. Can't see the guy from here and can't even see his box with the binoculars. Am I fucked?

Are you implying that this would be bad, fellow poster on the imageboard known as Holla Forums?

Yes, because it's EA and not Bethesda.

He's probably inside the sewers or some bullshit like that, look for anything that brings you to a different level of a game.
Same thing happened to me when I was hunting a bandit for Duty.

DON'T TALK ABOUT MY GAME LIKE TH-

I mean, don't be so quick to knock Skyrim, fellow Holla Forums poster!

バゼンガ

I enjoyed them both, but LL is watered down I agree

Last Light is still pretty fun, it is simply not as great as 2033.

but t-user-kun! I was implying that EA would make a much more terrible version of a game I actually like!

*tip of the trilby*

Good, because I too like Skyrim and will be ordering the upcoming Remastered Edition!

I wish Misery 2.2 was done already.

I know the arguments why it's shit. But repeat if you really wish to.

I have a feeling other mods aren't going to scratch my Zone itch the same way Misery does. But if you think there are comparable ones, go ahead and name some, I'd be happy to try them too.

I means as far as upcoming mods go, there's Gunslinger for one. Some people are excited about Wormwood, too.
Misery's a piece of shit, but even ignoring that I don't get why you wouldn't want to try something new.

So, who owns Stalker right now?
Is it just in licensing hell?

Gregorovich

Sergei Grigorovich.

vladimir gorgoncho

I hope you realise that me and 183203 aren't memeing, the guy who owns the rights to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s name is actually Sergei Grigorovich. (There's a few different spellings, their old site spells it "Sergey")
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=news

Metro 2033 was born of the same Stalker subculture as the STALKER series. Everything else is shit.

2033 'Redux' included.

I'm doing it guys… I'm finally having fun with Stalker.

That "shoot above the head" tip helped a ton.

Anyone got the "shoes have soles" story?

Anyone have a link to the STALKER and Metro books and which ones are worth reading?

THIS IS NOW S.T.A.L.K.E.R. GENERAL

POST STORIES
POST COMFY MUSIC
DISREGARD FREEDOMERS

You mean Roadside Picnic?
I've read the first book, it's rather good.
I've know the second book is a lot shorter than the Russian version (which is common for book translations, so I don't think they removed anything or dicked around with it) and as far as I know the third book isn't even in English yet. I think it's still being translated.

there are STALKER books, Southern Comfort was the first, followed by Northern Passage

Happened to anybody else?

you need to collect a certain amount, hold tab in game and it should tell you

(Checked)
Who the fuck has their computer than far from their chair?

Yup.

would you a bloodsucker
I regret looking into the artist of pic related, he's a huge fucking degenerate.

Lets not start this shit again.

those poor boots.

I want freedom to leave

YOU CANNOT STOP IT

I CAN AND WILL

Isn't that just a regular woman?

That's why they all freaked out.

There are no women in the Zone

Why not?

feminists would knock their shit for "abuse against women"

Post soviet women have responsibilites, unlike the guys playing in the nuclear mud

rapetons and tons of rape

"Hey girls, how would you like to go to a place with no laws and a bunch of sex starved slavic men?"

Well what did you expect?

The bandits probably rape severely injured mutants and each other.
What the fuck do you think they'd do to an actual woman?

Women don't do that sort of thing.

bump

How does this even work not that i'd want to be poor neckbeard with nothing to do. Why even go to college and get into debt if you're going to neet

Call of chernobyl, faction warfrare mod.
I found it odd that many stashes or 'easter eggs' were removed like the sunrise suit in rookie village attic. But then some were not.

Or maybe monolith merely decided to reward me for my pilgrimage into the npp since I found 2 exoskeletons there and 2 army suits outside.
Glory to the monolith.

Actually the 1.0005 patch changed it a merc suit. I thought the fact that it was just because of how stashes were randomized or something.

cyka blyat

Oh yeah I forgot it was changed, well still the call of chernobyl / faction warfare removed it.

I fucking swear to god, it's like all the bullets just fucking went around him. Maybe I'm just too used to L.U.R.K.

How good is that story mod for call of chernobyl? I have been using the dynamic quest mod so far.

Are you using a weapon mod or vanilla? Vanilla pistol ammo is useless except maybe .45. On the other side, some mods make pistol ammunition really good.

For example, I have been playing STCOP and how the mod works basically makes most heavier armor useless and a lot of the higher tier battle rifle ammo usless. Even most battle rifles in that mod don't deal enough damage compared to the vanilla ammos to justify the greatly increased price. Mainly because the vanilla ammo can take out anything with no sweat and not even exo armor is immune to my Makarov pistol. Shotguns are also buffed to the point where point blank blasts can take out exo suits with no problems.

not OP, but I'll tell you how:

just bought shadow of chernobyl last week and beat it this morning. now starting on clear sky. really makes me wish the entire world was nuked so I could wander around shooting people and mutants, assuming the nuke didn't wipe me out first.

Time for this mod picture, im gonna install one and have a crack while doing the VitaCFW stuff.

Should have the main character in exo and then being blown to meat chunks by the cheeki with the sawn-off.

How are the reloads / gun balance in STCOP?
Arsenal overhaul had some fun guns but I hate the fact that it breaks tactical reloads and I still have to buff pistols myself.

I was using .45 ACP rounds. Pretty sure anyone would be dead after twenty five fucking bullets hit them. On a related note, is there anything that will increase damage dealt and taken without it being a big mod?

The reloads are fine it seems like in STCOP, but I may be wrong. The gun balance though is reall weird mainly in that every gun does ridiculous amounts of damage. A lot of the battle rifles are honestly kind of only really useful just to mess around with since your regular assault rifles can deal with any problem thrown at you with no difficulty. In short, the cost of battle rifle ammo does not justify its use since i can use a starting Ak-74 and deal with exo suits no problem. Even a simple Makarov in the mod can take out exo suits with no issue. The mod honestly makes most heavier sets of armor useless just because your exo suit cannot stand up to the might of any shitty pistol. I honestly played the game for the longest time just using a leather trench coat and a steel helmet since I saw no need to upgrade for a while. Your shotguns can also take out pretty much anything with a point blank shot unless it is a mutant.
On a side note, what is the most reliable way to get tools in COC?

You could get a weapon mod or just modify the files.

What you mean like with bodyshots? Because if you mean headshots then thats fine but I really hate mods that make the exo not even good against pistols / shotguns.

Use shotguns and body shot people from 10-20m so they fall down to the bleed state more often.
You have a 15% chance to get them from a stash.
Theres a mod that increases that chance if I'm not sure or you could use the dev console to spawn them if you've had enough of stash hunting like I did.

What are good mods for Soc and CoP?
Looking for one to make to game mostly better graphics-wise. Preferably with Darkscape(SoC) and noclip cheats for screenshots

let the series die, 3 games and none that were realizing the potential of anything about the series.

Just go to the files and increase the gun's hit value / the bullets hit & armor pen modifier.

The bullets have a modifier ranging from 0.2 to like 2.0 which means the guns own value will be multiplied by this and 0.2 armor pen means only 20% of dmg will be dealt.
As far as I know.

Here is your (you)

yes yes, mods must save the game because the developers made sure to squander some great ideas. Then again, when bethesda does this it is considered egregious by some.

It kind of bothers me to, "Find a stash" and have it showing me a grand amount of jack and shit. I almost want to believe other Stalkers have snagged the loot while I wasn't looking but not sure. It doesn't help I don't actually get stash markers on my screen for some reason

Speaking of CoC

We are taking Garbage and Cordon next, as far as I can tell duty wiped out Freedom and is currently fighting mercs up in the red forest

The difference is they have a huge budget and team, stalker devs did not.

I swear it must be the fucking clear sky armor or something that gives them so much of an edge in fights.
Alltough I recall the maker of faction warfare saying offline alife doesn't take gear into account. Maybe they have bullshit stats on their offline alife power settings I dunno.

Was playing military and I cleared half of the swamp only to see them cap our base while I was away, and at the same time those asshole egghead neutrals were taking our checkpoints so I had to shoot them too on my way back to free our base.

Does this say "Skies" Fucktards?!? Learn the Fucking name of the game you're playing!

I don't mind the fucking eggheads usually, but holy shit those fuckers will take a point like roaches in a motel if you let them

Faction warfrare had an optional file with it that makes all mechanics be able to do any upgrade btw.

That or you could spawn them from the console since they do promise a discount if you bring them to them and I'm not sure if the mod gives that.

I know right? First time my reputation is anything but the best, and it's because I've killed a hundred eggheads enroaching into military territory. Maybe I should mod the fuel tanks so I can pick them up and blow the eggheads without getting bad rep and hostile relations.

Body shots take them down quickly too. I took down many exos with just a double barrel in the hobo phase. An mp5 is honestly one of the best guns in the mod when it comes to close range. STCOP also gets rid of any special weapons with nimble, so that is something to look out for.

how good is the faction warfare mod?

I just want a STALKER that runs well.

Said no one ever

If the devs werent faggots trying to make fucking MMOs

What a shame.
I really enjoy getting the money / making a pilgrimage to kill nibmle and get some special funs from him after getting some gear for the journey.

Note to self: dont quick save during emissions

It's kinda like the base game but you can actually have an impact on the world, taking points / losing them etc. maybe even kill off one faction or all if you work hard at it.
But I think it makes making quests besides your generic fetch impossible. And I don't know if its just me or is the friendly AI retarded but I have trouble winning faction wars without giving a slight respawn boost for my guys.

bandits ignored me until the blowout ended, shit turned into a bloodbath

My, rather polite of them to do that.
You should always carry around those pills that let you survive an emission. Or survive enough emission with them to get the achievment so you don't die to emissions anymore.

I wonder if it would be too hard for me to make an underbarrel shotgun.
I really hate wasting precious weight on shotgun but I really hate, not as much as wasting rifle ammo on mutants tho.

I didn't know you could survive that shit… i've come pretty goddamned close but it just wasn't worth it
Gotta try that shit, just installed swartz mod, gonna get back into CoP

That is if you're playing mods that have anabiotics.
They were added in call of pripyat.

Just carry around a sawed off, weighs nothing if you have AO you can get a sawed off TOZ-34

Is this some kind of bug or does the AI actually use medkits they have on them? Cause this is probably why everyone's taking more than a full mag to kill from anything but close range.

While they finish of almost any mutant but the heaviest, they're horrible when you get swarmed. Like a pack of pseudodogs or some shit.
Or when I panick against a bloodsucker and two and miss my shots.

They do but not during combat they should not.
If I recal right they should do the campfire sit animation and then medkit & bandage and other items flash in their hand as they "eat" them.

Use the knife, that's what it's for.

For dogs boars and the like yeah I usually do.
Mods where bloodsuckers are 100% invisible and trap you in the suckign animation unable to do anything?
Or chimeras that pretty much one hit kill you with their jump even with an exo?
Ehhhh

would have been funnier if

I would tell you to get out of here stalker but there is no out

I'll probably die of radiation poisoning watching my life force drain out of me, but at least it'll be something different

It's better this way. We got 3 games and 2 of them were good. It died before it could be raped and ruined. It's what makes them so special. 7-8 years later people still play and mod the first one.

It's been another couple of years, and I'm ready to reinstall a cheeki breeki for another round of squatting around a barrel of burning toxic waste and playing slavic guitar.

What's the current state of mods?
I usually just play CoP with the newest available Atmosfear and then some mod that cranks everything up to 11, like arsenal or oblivion or something. I don't really remember their names, but getting chased into a drain pipe under a mercenary base to escape a blowout only to realize it's a bloodsucker nest isn't something I'll be forgetting any time soon.

There was a mod being worked on for CoP that basically stitched SoC and CS into it. Did that ever happen?
Is Misery still shit?

Read the thread. Look for Call of Chernobyl on ModDB.

As always.

Looks interesting. Thanks, stalker.

Metro is levels on rails, it's open but not sandbox open like STALKER

Survarium

i've never been so happy to be so scared

This is why I carry a grenade or two, you can throw them 1-2m ahead of you as you run and it'll propably hit the fucker running behind you.
That or you can allah akbar the fuck with you if you time it wrong.

I will tell you one issue with the ecologist faction is that they lack a local repairman and weapon/ ammo salesmen which makes the early game rough. You pretty much have to keep going to the bar to stock up.

Either of those would sure be nice right now.
Currently trying to work my way through Rostok. If I make it to the bar without running out of ammo, it'll be a miracle. There's bloodsuckers everywhere, and I also barely managed to take down what looked like a pseudodog but about 3 times its size.
Did they add in new enemies to CoC? Pseudobears maybe?

All the mutants have new variants and can change depending on size. larger ones are usually harder. The worst are probably large chimeras or pseudogiants since they can take so much damage. Something even more awful then those large animals is the new type of poltergeist, but I don't want to spoil that for you.

I don't even know. I think what I fought was a chimera now that I think about it. I never got a good look at those fuckers because they're always far away and then suddenly up your nose, and that's how this thing moved too.

I don't know what this new poltergeist friendo is going to be, but when I was considering turning around and heading back to Yantar, I saw a trail of black smoke moving through the air like the monster from Lost. I decided that monster-infested Rostok was probably safer than checking that thing out.

One day, I may even stop hugging rooftops and go down to scavenge for some stashes.

Yep, that is it. in the wild zone and near the monolith home base. You made the right choice. It is lucky they only ever seems to show up Anything that touches the black smoke starts to die off, and anything that pisses it off will suddenly get some sort of massive hit with a weird noise that is almost always fatal.

In CoC there is a new type of poltergeist that leaves a really long trail of black smoke. The thing is almost impossible to see because of it and makes dealing with it even more awful. It also can take a shit ton of rounds. You get hurt if you touch the smoke and get really hurt if you touch it itself. It can also make some sort of attack on you that just kills you after some weird noise plays. The best way to deal with it is to just run away since its range of sight is much lower than a normal poltergeist. The downside is that you can't hide from it like normal poltergeists by standing still.

That's pretty neat, but where the fuck was this guy that he could see me? Now I feel like there's a sniper dot on the back of my head.

Thanks for the advice, by the way. I've played these games for years, but somehow never tried knifing these fucks.

holy shit thats interesting

If you're doing ecologist your best bet is to have the military boys help you (if they are still kicking, as they got killed off in my run because of Clear Sky), a trader with a good selection of ammo, and as far as I can tell their mech has his kit upgraded for tier 3.

No problem. The best way to go about it is to keep circle strafing and to always keep turning so they can't get your back. They will come up to you where you can strafe them and then knife them down.

It is terrifying. I remember walking in full exo armor thinking I am a badass form aking it to pripyat before I saw that thing kill a whole squad of monolith soldiers and then me. people will try to tell you that the thing is an anomaly, but it is not as it is fully killable.

The ecologist repair guy in Jupiter has a full kit, or do you mean the military?

If GSC made stalker 2,would it have a chance to be great like the original?

I heard that most devs from shoc left, which was why CS was so different in tone. But I felt they took a right step in quality with cop, even though the maps were barren and had less locations.

I wonder how many stalker veterans are in GSC today

Was this pure coincidence, or does CoC have some kind of faction revenge system in place? Were they hunting me?

Man I really hated the enemies flanking you in CoC. They move way too fast and make no sound when they try to come up behind you.

Luckily if you anticipate it you can let them close in and then turn to blow them up from behind cower when they're making their way to you and aren't in cover themselves.

I was under the impression that hit squads get sent after you in faction warfare addon for CoC.
Not sure if it was allready in the base game.

What is the proper way to play Call of Chernobyl now?

Last I heard CoC + Warfare 0.7 + STCoP Weapon Pack, other mods are incompatible with CoC.

Can anyone advice?

Prone mod. Some situations youd be better off with low crouch since it replaces it but damn it's really fun to get a flank on some guys by crawling under a car to flank / going prone and shooting their legs.

Just play as the Soviets in RA2 for your Cyka needs.

Also it's saved my hide a ton of times when I've been able to go low enough to actually get cover / break line of sight a lot more often for me to finish reloading and stuff.

Why would any sane person ever want to play as a Bolshevik with a garbage rod?

ok. I will play it. which version and what mods?

I'd rather face the Zone than the clusterfuck the world is becoming.

If it's your first time, play them in order without mods. At most, install each game's "Complete" mod only, as that just polishes up the vanilla experience.
You can dig into the bigger mods when you're a big boy.

Oh man, I've spent too much time in that hellhole. Not going back. Just gonna wait for Ray of Hope.

NEVER EVER

There is another way

No, it would just be called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because reboot.

All those periods are too complicated for focus groups to understand. Also, typing in all-caps is a form of written violence that's too traumatizing for today's fragile youth. Also, it would be pointed out that stalking is an extreme form of distance rape that is the leading cause of attention-based suicide in the world.

It would just be called "Walking".

We also have this.

All day

All night

RAY OF HOPE RELEASE WHEN?

I meant military mech for access to Tier 3 upgrades over in Agroprom. The trader also has plenty of good ammo available, it's a bit easier than the clusterfuck through Wild Territory to get to the bar

This guy goes to the fucking tunnel and wont move on, is this normal?
His name is kruglov.

Wait, are there mechanics in CoC that start with all three kits already in their possession? The three I've found are all lacking even basic kits.

walk to the other side, i hope he didn't take any damage on the way there because the terribly designed escort quest will just have him run through the burner in a straight line. You need to go past the tunnel yourself to a certain point

my suggestion is play a better game

Last time I got past he just walked away , after a few reloads he finally came through.

OH AND IF YOU TALK TO HIM IT CRASHES WEW

play a better game, i suggest something japanese

It's kind of weird, I'm not sure if it's because I have fucked around a certain amount of time, because others might have "found " the kits and turned them in, or if it's based on specific faction reasons

For instance, once I pushed into clear sky, a military NPC was the mechanic there and he offered tier 3 upgrades.

Like I said, weird.

The game's fun just this fucking bug is annoying

How much money do you think a prostitute could get out in the Zone as entertainment for the Stalkers? She'd obviously be paying her bodyguards with free sex as well as money.

all prostitutes in the zone eventually turn into bloodsuckers anymore, so it's moot

If that ever happens, they better call Mikami over to assist them.

Who's gonna be /100rads/ later?

Just killed a pack of wild dogs for Barkeep and the smug fucker handed me my paltry sum knowing that it would go straight back to him for vodka and food.

Dude, fuck you for saying this.

fuck man why can't Warfare be small scale squad combat for points on the map and not massive battles that have more stalkers in them than there are in the zone

So when I play Shadow of Chernobyl, I get a bug where, to click ANY button I have to click like 8 fucking times. It gets so annoying, especially if I just want to pick up like 1 medkit instead of the dude's 50,000 page autobiography, medical history, letters to his mother, and his coin collection.

I've got to ask in faction wars, how the fuck do i raise my reputation with a faction after i have done the two missions for the trader?

You can always fiddle with the settings, by default warfare is set to "zone war". You can make it alot more peaceful and the factions not as aggressive, or maybe one faction be more aggressive than the rest.

How the fuck do I get inside here? The marker on the map is on the other side of impassable invisible-wall style fence on all sides.

Pic related. Red is fence, blue is target.
Just for the hell of it, I also marked where all the monolith are in yellow. I have, at best, partial cover, and all of it is highly radioactive.

I probably should have gotten armor better than whatever I started with before coming here, but it's too late for regrets now.

Oh, and the monolith are all using gauss rifles. Thank fuck it charges slowly and loudly or I'd be dead already.

I'm wearing the starting leather jacket and a gas mask with 3 pips of rad protection.
I haven't even upgraded any of my stuff yet because too poor. I'm hoping that once I manage to do this, I'll get some nice moneys.
Shutting down the Miracle Machine was a snap, so how hard could this be?

It's hard. Oh god, it's hard.

You're doing Brain Scorcher with a leather jacket? You must be either incredibly confident, stubborn or just stupid.

Either way, the entryway to the lab is underground, through a container inside the monolith base. Have a picture.

None. Devs from SoC left to form 4A Studios and made Metro, devs from CS and CoP who were working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 were all fired out of the blue by Sergei when the project was cancelled. A bunch of them went on to make Survarium.

Want to do a second playthrough of CoP.
What are some good mods you would recommend?

Nah.
Yes.
Bingo.

Thanks for the intel, user. I'm currently hiding from the sniper towers deeper into the trainyard trying to pick off flankers. Those snipers are going to rip me apart if I try to bee-line it for that tunnel, though, so it looks like I'm taking the long way around.

I thought I'd come here with adequate supplies, but now I'm on full subsistence mode. I'm just playing musical chairs with monolith guns at this point.

I rather like S.M.R.T.E.R. Stalker + Atmosfear 3 for CoP. Right now I'm playing Call of Chernobyl, though, which is great and also kicking my ass something fierce.
It's a stand-alone rebuild of the game engine with SoC + CS + CoP merged into a single game and Faction Wars thrown on top.

If you're looking to get chewed up and shit out, CoC is a good option.

I tried CoC but didn't really like the freeplay gameplay.
What's S.M.R.T.E.R like? I might give it a try.

I've managed to kill both snipers, though I had to run up to them and shoot them in the dicks with my hand cannon. Got myself an avalanche and SVDm-2 now, and the five-man squad hunting me has lost my scent, so I think I'm good to make my way to the brain scorcher entrance.

It's half freeplay, but it also contains many quests from the various games, with most of the big objectives from the actual plotlines. I've had to go into X-16 already, and I'm currently getting bent over outside the Brain Scorcher because my faction assignment is to switch it off.

Lots of game improvements, some light faction warring, usual stuff. One of the bigger features is blowouts sort of randomizing anomalies all over the map each time they occur, not counting the major anomaly fields.
You might also just try Faction War Mod by itself, which others seem to like, though I haven't played that one myself so I can't attest to it.

Have you tried the Questlines mod for CoC by DoctorX? It gives factions actual questlines to follow. You get a list of Loner stalkers in multiple maps to contact to support your faction, and that's as far as I've gotten so far. The stalkers you meet are randomized too, but they're all NPCs like traders, etc.

CoC is fun as long as you have an objective and the game makes it tough enough to keep you on your toes. Picking a faction with lots of enemies also makes it hard because simple routes become long ass treks and you can't rearm or repair where you would if you were playing as a loner.

>chimera loses
>almost bleed to death afterwards because no bandages or kits
>survive by injecting critical amounts of bread and sausage directly into my veins

The mere force of human superiority spurs me onward.

That's a mod for CoC, but not built into it?
I've been getting various missions from SoC trader and ecolog to do what seem to be larger-scale missions for sure, but you're saying there's a mod to ramp that up significantly?
Sounds nice. I'll look for it and install it before I start a new game.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/doctorx-questlines

"Creates a linked set of varied tasks to take you throughout the Zone. Makes an actual game out of CoC with a start and a finish for each faction. - Added dozens of new tasks and several new task types. - Infinite replayability; playthrough will never be the same even if you play again as the same faction. - Storylines and tasks are dynamically assigned, tasks and task targets are more varied and random. - Increased immersion with NPC dialogs; NPC's now only have one task to offer at a time and you can only accept one task at a time from a particular NPC. Whether an NPC has a task to give and what that task is changes every few hours. - Task rewards are now more varied and balanced. - Increased the odds of finding a mechanic toolkit in a stash. - Compatible with CoC 1.3.20 - Compatible with the official weapons mods (see readme)"

I think I'll actually make a new game right now, this looks great.

Looks like it's compatible with OWR, AO or STCoP weapon mods. Any recommendations there? AO would be my first instinct, but I'm really out of the loop.

I'd just go with AO.

The developers did a good job of not leaving any weapons out of upgrades, so you won't get a rifle that can take an ACOG but not an Aimpoint while other rifles get those plus others like some mods do. Aside from the M16, that's the only weapon that I've used so far that only accepts an ACOG.

And i fucked fiddled the settings too and yet all the challenge in the game is just pissed away. All i wanted was balanced levels and the occasional area capturing plus a bunch of random quests. Instead i got no challenge aside from mutant and zombie attacks, a zone that has more life than it should,broken NPCs and broken quest givers and badly written quests.

I think i might switch to just DocX Quests. which pisses me off more since i had ALOT of good shit

Playing some Lost Alpha, driving is so comfy.

I just tried Clear Sky for the first time (I finished SoC 2 times before), and it freezes constantly, crashed 3 times already and I fell through the ground on the fucking first cutscene. I mean, SoC had some bugs, but none of them were THAT bad. Is there a performance/bug fix mod? I want everything vanilla in the place, just bugs ironed out. I'm using Steam version, by the way which I've bought a long time ago in a bundle for 1$.

Clear Sky is rancid garbage. Move on to CoP.
If you must play Clear Sky, then get Clear Sky Complete.

Complete mods are garbage. Get Sky Reclamation Project instead.

moddb.com/mods/srp

Five bottlecaps have been deposited in your account.

t. Bethesda Softworks

HAS RAY OF HOPE STILL NOT BEEN RELEASED?

Closed beta starts on the 26th.

Damn it. Atleast its better than nothing.

Didn't STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl come out in 2006, user?

Is the AO economy normally this fucked, or is it front-loaded and evens out over time, and I just wandered into a perfect storm of luck?
The zone was kind today.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is this holosight bug. When not aiming, the dot just floats out in front of the gun instead of vanishing properly. I can live with it, but it's stupid looking.

The economy is really easy. You get rubles for killing enemies, automatically deposited. Enemies also have decent gear and upgrades aren't that hard to find.

But even a fully upgraded suit and rifle with all the mods is going to mean much when you catch a burst of 9x39 from behind a bush or have an entire squad firing at you. Go take a trip to the Red Forest or Dead City. And make sure you have Hardcore AI Aim turned on.

It's just the way it has to be done to work in the game, since the game probably doesn't support the right material property for the dot to be on "glass", meaning not the external dot you see.

Atleast you get a holosight. I have to run stalker on DX8 mode and i cant see them.

It's a small one, only 50 people. They've got a half dozen maps ready. Sounds like it's actual beta testing too, where the goal is to report bugs instead of enjoy playing despite the bugs.

I figured as much. The wait is killing me

I later reloaded the save, killed the bloodsuckers first and then the chimera. When it was time to hunt down the burer it was nowhere to be found. Such is life in the zone

That reminds me of something

I did come back once I found a grenade launcher. One burer is annoying as it is. Four burers would drive me crazy if I had to fight them fairly.

Such is life in the zone.

Its a known fact burers hate light, and since they throw your weapon, your knife is your best bet.

i swear shit can become a PTSD simulator sometimes

Aye, flashing and knifing is great when you don't have 3 other burers targetting you at the same time. I might have tried it, but I'm just glad I saved myself the headache.

Well its how i took out the 3 in the lab in pripyat. Albeit one was already dead by the time i got to them.

Anyone have the mega with the mods in it?
Im thinking of either faction wars for clear sky or Call of Chernobyl.

What you think?

I'm really digging CoC right now, so I'd recommend that one. Clear Sky just felt flat when I played it.
Download links and information are in this thread or on google. CoC and most recent versions of all of its mods should be on moddb.

Nice, I'll give it a go.
It seems to be broken on into 6 downloads on modb, is there a full version somewhere?

there's a torrent on the moddb page

Oh neat, I don't really torrent often.
In the peers section I see an israeli flag

i think the first part has a mega mirror, cant remember

fuck

ill give you props for 10mm though
tfw no slavshit that chambers .45 or 10mm

Oh wait, what mods do I get with CoC?

depends on what you want really. Weapon mods are a must however

Both Freedom and the Mercenaries use & sell NATO equipment. Frankly, you shouldn't be using NATO stuff if you aren't in either faction, simply because you're going to have a hell of a time swinging by for ammo. Plus, both of them sell Soviet milsurp ammo anyways, so you're not disadvantaged in their territory. I haven't noticed any great difference in performance between the two blocs in equivalent cartridges, although I really like the 6.8 SPC Bushmaster, since it gives me battle rifle levels of near guaranteed two-shot dead damage with far less kick. Don't think there's an equivalent Soviet cartridge ingame.

Any particular ones that are well received? Sorry that I keep asking. I havent really moded stalker much at all besides AMK.

i use AO, its pretty solid. but you can always check out OWR and STCOP if they interest you a bit more

I'm not /k/ enough to identify weapon manufacture regions, but I ditched my steyr aug for a stg58, and i'm thinking about replacing my usp-40 with a desert eagle i found.
I don't think I can put a silencer on a desert eagle, though, so I might just stash it for now to preserve my sneaky options.

i dislike you

I like the look of the aug. It looks like some kind of space laser gun with its weird angles.
It's just got less stats than another gun I found, and its ammo is hard for me to get.
The deagle I just fixed up and sold along with the aug, because there were no silencers that would fit it. I need my pistol silenced at all times.

what faction you in?

Mind you I got a sweet spot for FAL's and short shorts but I'll give him that.

That "other gun" is the Austrain variant of the FN FAL battle rifle, I'd suggest keeping it on semi only and using its longer range and harder hitting round to pick off targets at a distance, and especially if you find AP rounds for it then taking out Exo's shouldn't be a problem if your good with getting headshots, mind you the downside you might face is that you'll be carrying less ammo then you would if you were running the AUG or most 5.56/5.45 rifles around as 7.62 is a lot heavier to carry in bulk which is one of the main reasons it was phased out for lighter 5.56 rifles

Probably 9x39 since that blows anything out of the water in game. It's fucking annoying when enemies have VALs or Grozas and shoot from behind bushes or through fog since it's almost always a one hit kill.

I'm in Dolg. I kill enough mercs and freedoms, I guess, but having to grind for ammo is more of a pain than it's worth.

Yeah, I threw a scope and silencer on it, and it's a serviceable little mid-range sniper rifle. One shot is usually enough to stagger or incapacitate if I miss the head, and a headshot is always a kill. I definitely like this thing.
That explains a few things. Guess I'll stash about 70% of my ammo in a box somewhere until I need to restock.

Taking requests.

Don't worry, they probably wont be as bad as pic related

Yeah, with having to carry less ammo you kinda need to be less trigger happy, though I haven't played much CoC so I don't know how common 7.62 is. Im guessing your best option would be to have a good pistol with plenty of ammo for it and rely on that for close range.

Duty defending a town from all enemies

Stalker sitting down by the fire.

Single dutier and freedomer exchanging fire at a ~25m or so range.

Dutier has an AK74 and the Freedomer is carrying his M16 in one hand (wounded arm) and is returning fire with a sidearm, striking the Dutier once in the armor and once in somewhere vital.

Stalker running from a pack of pseudodogs and a pyrogeist, in the Red Forest.
This happened to me.
It was hell.

If that's too much I'm content with just the pseudodogs chasing a stalker.

i roll 7.62x39 all day every day
and 7.62x51 for my moist nugget

cyka blyat

oh boy
requesting an angry loner shining a flashlight in a burer's eyes and stabbing it in the face

yeah, my standard engagement for mutants is to wait until they're right on top of me and then put two rounds in their face with my pistol, and then try to dodge. if it's something i can dodge, then i pull out my knife and finish it that way.
i used to be really skittish about the knife, but then an user taught me to kill bloodsuckers with it and a few hours later i beat a chimera in a knife fight, so i'm a lot more confident with it now.

i do pull out my rifle a lot more when there's a lot of human enemies, though. i just have to relocate after every shot or two, because acquisition range and speed is insane if they even have a slight idea where you are.
i don't use my rifle on muties though. i don't really see the point. except maybe for pseudogiants.

Get out of here, STALKER.

fuck i meant 7.62x54 i just got out of the shower and havent dried off yet

I use the rifle on everything except dogs and for stealth kills. I carry a lot of ammo and I always seem to find more than I spend. Maybe I should get gud with the knife, I don't need to save ammo (and I use NATO weapons) but it might be fun.

get a shotgun, a sawed off toz-34 takes you a long way. you can even upgrade it to weigh virtually fucking nothing (1.00kg)

Where did drawfag go?

average agropom playthrough

Just downloaded CoC

I know that fag, will be back tomorrow probably/maybe.

What does reputation do in CoC? I lost reputation for killing loners as a military guy, but they attacked first so I was confused.

Nothing, as of yet. It raises when you succeed in missions for stalkers, and lowers when you fail them or kill human NPCs. This includes Monolith, who everyone hates, but I suppose that could be because anyone crazy enough to go killing Monolith en masse is going to be viewed with dread.

After fiddling around with a FAL & a 6.8 SPC Bushmaster for a while on my mercenary, I finally gave the Groza a try after being repeatedly dicked over by 9x39mm rounds clearing out Rostok. And it seems promising. It kicks similarly heavily, but compensates for its own recoil and dips back down. It drops enemies with even more reliability than the aforementioned rounds. The rounds are sold by all of the middle Zone merchants. It has a 25mm grenade launcher, meaning I can loot ammo for it in the field.

There's only two problems. One, it has pretty bad horizontal shot dispersion. Two, it has no modifications in Arsenal Overhaul. None. Like the surplus weapons, what you see is what you get. This is less than ideal. I haven't found every single one of the 9x39 carbines yet, so do any of the non-integratedly silenced ones mount a grenade launcher by chance? Or am I going to have to pair a standalone launcher with the AS Val, or whichever 9x39 rifle has the highest performance?

Well, it's certainly living up to the mission statement of forcing you to dick around the entire zone. I don't honestly mind it, though. I probably wouldn't have bothered going all the way up to Zaton otherwise, and I would have missed out on this beautiful bastard in Red Forest who has full upgrade kits.

Anyone have hints on where to search for basic tools in CoC? I've found advanced from a stash already, but basic ones are being elusive.

>fucking smoke monster
>three separate smoke monsters surrounding me
>also two boars and 3 splinters mystically appeared up my ass
I should probably take the hint and leave well enough alone, right?
Fuck it, I need the money.

Holy fuck this place is full of murder.
2 controllers, snorkes, chimeras, and the second pseudogiant killed my companion. Im sorry Mikla. I tried, I really did. The good news is these mutant parts make me mad bank and all monolith start as friendly.

Delivering.

I sort of passed out yesterday, so I'll try to finish as many of them today as I can

The spawns are fucky, but CoC is pretty good so far.

How does playing as Monolith even work? I thought they were basically just emptied out skinwalkers that had their brains sucked out by the zone. Can you actually talk to friendly Monolith like they're people?

Monolith is fanatic as hell, but their brains are only heavily influenced by the Monolith. They will do all their advanced functions with a religious fanaticism. Once their brains have been fucked up by radiation and mind fucking, they become zombies. That's when they become more or less emptied sacks of skin

Tools are stash-only. They seem to be random. I've found 1 expert, 2 advanced and about 9 basic tool sets.

I'm not sure I understand your post. You can find sleeping bags in stashes, enemies or traders. They are automatically picked up once you use them, or if you open the sleep screen and cancel.

In SoC and CS they are supposed to be pretty much what you said. After Strelok destroys the C-Conciousness then they regain control of themselves. Some of them leave, the rest remain and form a cult because the Monolith is all they can remember now. They're still creepy murderous fucks, but now they're willing murderous fucks.

Well first you praise the monolith,then everything becomes very clear.
You have a preacher that gives missions, one was to clear out a camp to make a forward base. One was to kill some fag who thought he could turn the brain scorcher off again. Zombies are neutral to you.

>suddenly hear cacophony of growling, yowling and hissing blasting in my ears as three of those enormous cats spawn right behind me
Somehow, the spawn fuckiness adds to it. The zone is supposed to be fucking terrifying and defy natural laws, so who am I to complain about demonic cats teleporting up my ass from the 9th dimension?

Oh, I guess that makes sense, then. I only really knew the SoC version of them, and was mostly confused by the CoP squad of ex-Monolith and treated them with maximum suspicion.

That's pretty neat. In most of the CoP mods I've played, all mutants were friendly to Monolith. I'm surprised this is no longer the case.

What did the redux cut from the original? I got both Reduxes for $10 on Steam and thought the only changes were the Ranger difficulty and updated textures.

I bought it 2 years ago and never installed either of them

Sorry that was me, I deleted because I forgot how to type. It didn't pick back up after. Might have been a bug.

No, it was 2007.

Delivering, this was fun to draw

That's a little too specific, bro

seconding this one

Also, fucking saved.

There's really nothing like it.

Hey, you're pretty good.

fucking awesome.

feel when

It feels good when you spot a bloodsucker from far away and land a headshot. They drop like a sack of potatoes. Not so scary now, eh?

I gave you the armor, Dima. Why didn't you wear the armor?

Deliveran. I forgot what pseudodogs looked like, so I accidentally drew blind dogs and didn't notice until it was too late - hope you don't mind

T-thanks, everyone - this is honestly why I love being a drawfriend.

If this thread is still alive tomorrow I might come back to finish the last few requests

Hot damn! Jupiter is really far away from my base of operations, and it's packed full of freedomers and monolith, but it's pretty hospitable to tourists.

>they only hunt in packs

Bumping with an OG stalker track

I wish the news events were less common and didn't appear so fast, a timer would be great.

The bump limit is 300. Current posts 312/13

I wanted to be specific. I tried to make a quick sketch in mspaint.

Hadn't checked the thread all day and it didn't update before I posted.

I agree. STALKER drawfriends are always cool, and there's just so much in the game to draw.

Welp I've played CoC for a bit and now I want mods.
I'm thinking AO because it seems like it keep balance while giving gun porn.
Should I dew Dr.X quests or faction wars?

Dr. X and AO.

Seconding

What does Dr. X add?
Tried Faction Wars and STCOP, wanting to try AO because Muh FAL, and the faction combat was a bit bland

It adds full questlines to every faction that naturally take you through every area in the zone multiple times, so you don't just dick around a safe familiar area forever and get too comfortable.
Nice rewards, and lots of rucking across the zone.