Alright, because I heard that the original Xbox had the best versions of 6th gen multiplatform games

Alright, because I heard that the original Xbox had the best versions of 6th gen multiplatform games.

But I already have a Xbox 360 (which I don't use much anymore), but with the original Xbox I can just install the games I want to play on the hard drive and use emulators through modding. Not only that, I heard that on some games Xbox classic emulation on X360 is sketchy.

Do I get one anyways despite me already having the 360?

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xbox-isos/baldurs-gate---dark-alliance-ii-ntsc-u/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Original Xboxs are cheap, easily modified and have a surprisingly good library. 360 emulation is indeed rather sketchy and PC emulation is never ever because people really don't care about the console for whatever reason. Buy one faggot but don't overpay for it.

Speaking of which the Xbox and PS2 version of Double Agent is the tits. Get it.

Xbox's are cheap, and when CFW'd, they're extremely useful for a fuck ton of things. Using as a media center alone is wonderful with XBMC, or have an arcade machine with CoinOPs.

Or if you really get bored, install more RAM and upgrade the CPU to really make the thing fly (but break some games due to timing).

It is and afaik not all games are supported.

If you want to play the best versions of multiplat 6th gen games, I think it's well worth it. In most games, the differences are a lot more significant and noticeable than in later generations:

- 60 fps (vs 30 fps on PS2/GC versions);
- 480p support;
- Much better AA / less jaggies;
- Better textures and texture filtering;
- Better lighting, shadows and particle effects;
- Better geometry / higher poly models;
- In some cases, extra / exclusive content.

It varies from game to game of course. Some have all of these features against the PS2 / GC versions, others might have only one or two.

OG Xbox is pretty outdated for media center functionality. It's not powerful enough to decode anything higher than 480p or low bitrate, 8bit 720p.

It still works well as an emulation box up to PSX, but you'll be much better off with a modded Wii.

Seconding these anons, I always thought the Xbox HUEG was a Halo machine but it has a surprising amount of gems, some top notch exclusives and best 6th gen multiplats. As far as using it as a media center, its serviceable though a better alternative for that is a CFWd PS3. I personally use mine mainly for PS1,PS2 and PS3 games since mine is the launch model (ie - hardware backwards compatibility) but since I'm running 3TBs on it its got more than enough space for series and movies.

The modding itself is relatively simple, using a game exploit, the Wii is much easier to mod since one only needs an SD card. The process of upgrading the HDD requires one to open up the xbox and the xbox for some reason is rather picky as to which HDDs work. It isn't rocket science though, the process of modding shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins and upgrading the HDD shouldn't take more than half an hour with an almost impossible chance of bricking the console (you'd have to fuck up the wiring/motherboard by being careless). Heres a link for HDD compatibility, note the list is somewhat old, try to go for the ones with comments and most succesful locks.
xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

That image is almost perfect but Pandora Tomorrow isn't worthy of a Platinum border. Easily the weakest game of the first 3 (or 4 counting the good Double Agent).

I didn't design it, never played any of those games either. I still don't know why Galleon is platinum but Burnout 3 isnt

Wait what?

>I heard that the original Xbox had the best versions of 6th gen multiplatform games that didn't ever get ported to PC.

fixed

Uh, that wasn't the case with every multiplat. I know for a fact the Splinter Cell games on Xbox still ran around 30fps.

But what every Xbox game did have was Dolby 5.1 support, which only select PS2 games had, and the Gamecube at best only could do Dolby Pro Logic II, which was 4 channels.

Fixed.

Also, demoting MGS2 to green because while does have some enhancements (Dolby 5.1 for the entire game, where as PS2 version only used it for cutscenes), it has more slowdown issues (such as the tanker when it's raining outside) and it lacks the Skateboard minigame, which isn't a big deal but I distinctly remember the Xbox version was advertised as having it. Azurik is also demoted because like Galleon it's average at best.

Nigger lots of those 6th gen PC ports were rushed garbage and are borderline unplayable now. Pandora Tomorrow, Spider-man 2 (which was actually its own uniquely shitty game from a different dev), Halo 2, and MGS2 are broken as fuck.

kill yourself

Which were a lot in that gen.

But the user you replied to is right, you know.

No amount of community patches, mods, widescreen hacks, fov hacks, and messing with .ini files and registry entries can redeem some early-mid 2000s pc ports.

Want to see how much better the XB actually was compared to the other consoles? Take a look

Here's another one, ignore the nu-male. The XB version of Double Agent is actually better than any of the others, even the 360 one which is almost a completely different game.

But I never said it was. I even explicitly stated this further on:

Especially near the end of the 6th gen lifecycle, most Xbox games would cap at 30 fps, including multiplats.

However, in multiplats where the Xbox version also capped at 30 fps, usually it would still be at advantage from suffering less frame drops / slowdowns.

This. Double Agent on Xbox is the definitive version of the game.

Same with Just Cause 1. It's actually better than the 360 and PC versions.

kill yourself.

maybe not all of them but certainly all the ones you mentioned sans Spider-Man 2 which by your own description doesn't even count since it's not even the same fucking game

or were you just pretending to be retarded?

And you know what's even better than applying a bunch of patches to broken ports of MGS2 that sometimes don't even work because of how nigger rigged the ports are? Playing the version that works immediately on a console, which is what most of these were designed for to begin with.

or are just pretending to be a nigger?

This is not a PC thread boyo, stop this derailment asap

360 has a fucking awful BC, don't rely on that. Also try to find a good xbox locally, or else you'll be eating a huge ass shipping fee, those things are as heavy as they are huge.

this is why consoletards deserve what they get

but if there really are so many of these 6th gen PC ports that are by your definition beyond redemption then I'm sure you'll have no trouble naming 3 of them.

Hard mode: the game has to have something wrong with it beyond 'BAAAW I CANT PLAY IN WIDESCREEN' that makes it "unplayable".

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure

I already listed some here

When you have to extensively patch a game to the point where it feels like work, it's a shit port that's better played elsewhere. You sound like one of those PCucks that will play trash like Skyrim and FO4 once you mod the shit the shit out of it and it's a completely different game.

And this is why PC gamers deserve what they get; buggy broken games released by developers who know they don't have to put the effort in because someone else will gladly do it for them.

Anyways,

Stop it with your console war shit, fagmasters.

This reminds me, the PC version of Chaos Theory has widescreen HD resolutions. Thing is, they crop out parts of the UI, specifically the screens where you hack shit, with number combinations getting cropped out and thus not being able to see options you have for hacking.

On Xbox, the widescreen mode displays everything you need to see, including the entire column of hacking combinations.

Sorry, the nigger started it

Any on the fly transcoding software renders this irrelevant. I was using PS3media server acceptably with a dual core backend for years with it. I use it now as a front end for UMS, Mythtv and the content of my set top box.

You're an illiterate nigger who can't read, because I clearly said there are games who are still shit on pc DESPITE having widescreen fixes and a bunch of other shit

I can name 4 without thinking much:

Advent Rising
Pariah
Race Driver 3
Scrapland

I'm sure there's more, these are just the ones I could remember without giving it much thought.

Oh, and OP is a massive faggot.

"better" graphics for the 6th generation usually meant "looks more like smooth plastic instead of jagged plastic." While more often XBOX multiplatform games were more unstable, prone to glitches, and crashing.

Nigger, post a source on that or kys.

What the fuck? I mean really… What…the fuck? How exactly am I supposed to prove this fact to you? Try playing the games, look up some old reviews, ask around. I don't have any articles on old ass games to spoonfeed you.

Here's an easy example. The Xbox version of GTA: Vice City was notoriously more buggy than the PS2 version. It looked better, but corrupted saves and forgot to load the fucking ground you were on often (resulting in falling into water.)

That's one major multiplatform game. The Xbox had superior specs (in some areas) but suffered from microshits software.

user, I had a Xbox for the entirety of the 6th gen and owned more than 150 games, if you count rents I probably played 90% of its library.

I don't remember ever encountering serious problems with bugs or glitches, if anything I definitely remember PS2 games being more prone to bugs and glitches - in multiplat games, Xbox ports usually came out later and as a result were more polished. Except in cases where the port was handled by a different, shitty dev, such as the NFS: HP2 trainwreck.

I've played dozens of hours of GTA VC on Xbox and never encountered the problems you describe.

Don't remember ever having problems with corrupt saves in any Xbox game. With PS2, on the other hand… I have some traumatic memories of corrupt saves on PS2 I'd rather not recollect.

user, that happened on most platforms.

No, it happened on Xbox and PC.

Should definitely be silver as well. Also

Have you played any of these games? They look relatively interesting but google doesn't give me much about them. Sudeki looks like a generic action RPG. Is Tenerezza jap only?

And it definitely happened on PS2.

Kill yourself. And if you don't think the PS2 wouldn't get corrupted saves on its memory cards, then you are one lying nigger.

It's a Japanese looking RPG developed by westerners. It's not that good from what I hear.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Gee WOW I can't even BELIEVE you have this opinion

and the thread is now in consolewar mode again

mods?

They used their in house composer as a level designer, and while the guy can make amazing music, he couldn't even program the soundtrack of a fucking spongebob game right.

Mustard fags ruined yet another thread because they can't control their autism.

I think I should've mentioned that when I mean sixth gen games I mean stuff like Burnout 3 and Midnight Club 3. They never were on PC.

That is not what I said. The PS2 version of GTA: Vice City did not corrupt saves, while the Xbox version did.

And your one anecdotal example doesn't make you right about all Xbox multiplats being prone to glitches. kys.

Sudeki is fantastic and has a bunch of so bad it's good lines spouted by the characters, "I'm going to kill you in the face" being one of them. Combat is fps or third person melee based one which of the 4 characters you switch to. I have vague recollections on being able to do something with the mage for debuff and then switching to a heavy hitter for almost insta kills, really satisfying.

you can solder on a new cpu and ram. up to 128mb and a 1.4ghz cpu. problem is this doubles the speed in some games and the system wasn't made for it. It's also not exactly double the speed of the base system too.

I'd advise against because if you just half the speed you're getting 700mhz, not 733mhz like the xbox so you can't really restore an accurate experience if games are working incorrectly.

also the list people have been sharing is outdated, 1.3 is the latest version.

No, my being right makes me right.

Why?

why do you want it on?

No, you're right about one example and wrong about your bullshit generalization

Even if it's designed for consoles, if you want suffer through IW just trudge through it on PC, the load times are at least shorter.

Does anyone have links to NTSC Baldur's Gate II and Phantom Crash?

Can any nigga tell me if Fatal Frame 2 on Xbox was 60fps compared to PS2 version.

I've been wanting to buy a 360 on a whim for some OGxbox and 360 games I wanted to try but they are still somewhat expensive in my eyes. Plus OGxbox doesnt have HDMI output and shit so that's a hassle.

Read post above.

What are the odds that an enhanced port runs worse?

Shitposting doesn't make that true, user.

You're still about Xbox games having glitches. Name another example that isn't Vice City you nigger lover

I heard Chamber Of Secrets was better on ps2 for some reason

The 360 is backwards compatible on a case by case basis, even then it sucks. I played kotor on it and it was a slideshow. I seriously doubt Fatal Frame would even work on it.

some of the effects in beyond good & evil don't render correctly compared to the gamecube version, which was the platform the game was focused on. It's subtle transparency effects that could be chalked up to rendering API differences.

theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xbox-isos/baldurs-gate---dark-alliance-ii-ntsc-u/

There were anons that had MEGA links of their uploads. I was hoping to catch one of them. Already downloaded it in the time passed.

I really liked Sudeki when I was younger. It's a western RPG that feels kind of like old Doom, so I guess Hexen/Heretic. It looks animu as shit though because that's what was popular back then. Story-wise, I literally can't remember a thing about.

You can also just get Sudeki on PC now though. It's $5 on Steam and I'm sure you can just pirate it.

MUH COUNTER CULTURE

it's a decent game with a few decent levels but some absolutely horrible levels too. Halo 2 fixes all of these problems and is a much better game. To say Halo 1 is in the same tier as Halo 2 is a lie.

Do you have a comparison of that?

Also, some effects rendering =! game is glitchy or unplayable

Considered how most 3rd parties viewed Nintendo back then, I'm calling bullshit.

Xbox chart updated

-MGS2, Galleon, Azurik demoted
-PGR2, THPS4, THUGs, Halo 1 (yes, it's flawed and overrated, but that game basically built the Xbox and taken on its own terms it's a decent game), and Burnout 3 upgraded to platinum

I also have one more idea for the chart, but it's going to require an overhaul. Basically, I think it might be neat in addition to highlighting features like system link, HD and other features, one other feature I think the Xbox was notable for was integrating custom soundtracks in games. It sounds like nothing now, but back then it was pretty neat, as the games would sometimes integrate the music in unique ways (like the GTA games would allow you play your music in-between their made-up commercials, effectively creating your own custom radio station, plus the music quality could be affected by what vehicle you drove). Plus let's face it, some of the licensed soundtracks in some games could be fucking awful, like in Burnout 3 and Revenge. No EA, whiny faggot emo music is not what people want to hear when crashing the shit out of cars. Yay or nay?

Nope.

Suggestion for the chart. Cut out all the green highlighting. It's pointless. Every game that is not platinum is green with the exception of Hello Kitty. Halo 1 can stay green. Halo 2 is far better an deserves it more.

Nope

I'll keep the green highlights for the sake of ease if anything needs a platinum of pink, or if a game should be added.

It's such a minor issue but it's what i can think of for games that are better on other platforms. There's a few other examples like mgs2 but bge was built for the gamecube first. Speaking as someone who has played both versions. It's not a big deal but it is a flaw indeed.

Prove it.

Also, if you want to split hairs, BGE has better audio (5.1) than the Gamecube version