Steins;Gate 0

are you guys excited for picrelated?
jap pc version is coming august 28, english console versions somewhere in the end of september

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DistantValhalla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PQube is localizing it?
I'm all in, then.

He looks like he's had a hard life.

he indeed had

I'll wait for the animu

So this is the original bad end or what happened in the original timeline that caused the development of the time machine and so on? The future where CERN won?

well it continues from bad end of kurisu route (which is basically true end/animu without 23-25 episodes)
episode 23 beta connects episode 22 and the upcoming game/animu, so i suggest you watch that

i'm afraid it's not gonna be good, 0 doesn't really have a true ending

bump

aw yeah

I knew what it was and I still clicked it. God dammit.

I want to share a Dr. P with Kurisu as we browse @channel and hold hands or try my best to help her out with her groundbreaking papers late into the night and even take responsibility

I'd rather have Yakuza 0 now, thank you very much.

Fuck yes.
I hear people like it even more than the first one.
Best girl coming through.
Kurisu is acceptable too.

why

But it's already been out for almost eight months.

Isn't GalGun's translation wonky as hell?

Who did the translation for the first game?
It had an impressive translation.
One of the best I've seen.

Great taste user, she is indeed best girl.

only on consoles in japland tho

reading steiner, i think
twitter.com/DistantValhalla

Pqube did the most recent version of the game that was released on Vita and PS3.

Seems you have good taste as well.
Even though she is the best, I'll be fair and say that all of the girls have their charms. Good VN.

Is he responsible for the fan translation or the official PC one?

I meant the one for the PC.

i think he is

He is what?

responsible for both
fan translation became official after few edits

Oh.
Pretty cool.

bumpan again

Fuck, Okabe looks like he's in rough shape.

I only watched the anime, can someone explain what events led to the point we see here?

He kills Kurisu and gave up on trying to save her once he figured out he did it. I believe.

Do you think they will have to change things then ? Or is it possible to make a thing like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ?

What's she gonna do with that banana?

No, reaching Steins;Gate is canon. This is a continuation of the bad end.

I "played" the first one a long time ago, I just don't feel like passing so much time on a VN.

What do you mean? I remember the Kurisu route ending where Okabe manages to keep Kurisu from dying and stops the discovery of the time machine, does it continue from that?
Okarin doesn't seem very happy on that Box Art so i'm guessing no.

This is where he doesn't prevent her from dying. He goes into what is essentially an insane asylum.

I hope this shit gets explained at the start of the new game because fuck re-reading just to find the canon ending.

The canon ending is that they reach the true worldline where Kurisu and Okabe never meet. The dystopian future never comes, SERN doesn't take over the world due to Kurisu's father taking Kurisu's paper (her paper is actually destroyed) and Okabe saving Kurisu through Schrodinger's Cat bullshit

I might have missed some of the requirements for it, but that is the canon ending. It's been a bit since I've read through it.

This is how the true end went:
Okabe tries to prevent Kurisu's death. With Suzuha's time machine, he has enough fuel for two attempts. He fucks up the first time and accidentally kills her. Steins;Gate 0 takes place in the continuation of this timeline, where he deals with the guilt and his plan to help himself in another timeline. This game presumably takes place between her death to when he sends a video message through time to his past self in the true end's timeline detailing how not to fuck the next attempt up. The Okabe in the true end's VN successfully uses this plan and reaches the Steins Gate timeline.

Actually they meet again and, since memories are somewhat preserved through all these trips back in time, she remembers what happened to some degree. There's also the OVA where it's stated that Kurisu still remembers their romance in the other timelines.

I know they meet again in the true timeline. I was saying one of the requirements to get to the true timeline or at least a circumstance to get their is that they never meet at the conference.

So the protag of Steins; Gate 0 is the Okabe that's a leader of the resistance? That makes more sense.

No, it's the WW3 timeline. Sern isn't in the picture.

Agreed.
All the girls are great though.
Even Lukako. Even despite her sacrificing Mayuri just so she can have an uterus

No, this game is part of the True ending.

Essentially, this is the pre-planning and enabling of Operation Skuld.
Okabe Rintaro has to build the time machine and send a message to himself if he wants Hououin Kyouma to save Kurisu.

Either i'm retarded or i forgot half the fucking plot because according to my memories WW3 is caused by SERNs bullshit and occurs in the timeline that has Okarin and Daru as leaders of some group that builds a proper time machine.

In the sern timeline kurisu is hired by and works for sern. That's why the future girl reacts the way she does to her. She's her enemy. I'm pretty sure the resistance tried to assassinate her too but the entire team except for her was killed

WW3 has nothing to do with SERN
WWIII is the bad ending of Worldline Beta, where the game starts, which happens because of the Father of the Year selling Kurisu's time travel paper to the russians, while the SERN dystopia is the bad ending of Worldline Alpha, which happens when Okabe sends the first D-mail that saves Kurisu, so they can kidnap her and build their own time machine.

So they stole sern's timemachine so they could kidnap makise and make their own time machine? wut

I'm just hoping they explain why the universe is centered around okabe and why he's the only one who notices the world line shifts. I'm betting it's going to be really tragic.

No, SERN kidnaps Kurisu to perfect their own time machine. That happens only in the alpha worldline.
In the beta worldline, SERN isn't a threat. What is a thread is the global conflict that arises from Kurisu's dad selling her thesis, which he steals from her when she tries to make up with him, to the russians.

He doesn't. Everyone around him has subtle memories of the different timelines or every time he leaps. It's told to you when Mayushii tells Okabe that she remembers each and everyone of her deaths through "dreams" she has. At the end of the game, when Kurisu and Okabe meet in the true timeline, Kurisu has a hint of who Okabe is though they had never met in that timeline. Okabe is the only one who has a concrete memory of everything, but everyone else has some form of knowing what happened. It's like instances of deja vu for them or the Mandela Effect in some cases.

Plus, his Reading Steiner being stronger than what others have is implied to be related to his sickness that almost killed him when he was a kid.

Oh right, that too. I forgot about that little string of the plot.

God fucking dammit some of Steins Gate endings were DEPRESSING.

Okabe was pushed to the edge of insanity and almost turned into a phycho serial rapist in one of them.

Apparently this game is even darker. Can't wait.

Oh and Kurisu's dad is a giant asshole. I hope I've seen the last of him.

Still kinda sad The Committee of Antimatter got cancelled though

I knew something was up with him the moment I laid eyes on him. He just screams asshole before he even opens his mouth.

Never heard about it until now, but after looking it up, that is pretty sad. I would have happily read it.

waifu's were pretty cute too

Is Steins Gate worth playing if you already watched the anime?

Yeah, there are a tonne of different ending. Some are really fucked up too

Definitively. The anime, though it has some extra stuff, also has to compromise and cut some things.
Psycho Nae comes to mind

Is it? I'm still waiting for my paycheck so I haven't gotten it.
Hopefully, the one publisher who's willing to put out uncensored games is not incompetent.

God, all of those character designs are so fucking good.
Like, why do you need to give me boners over the trap. Pls stahp.

You know if I had a daughter like Kurisu Makise I'd be damned proud and happy.

Aren't parents supposed to want their children become happy and successful?

Wish Bane had crashed his plane.

Loli in VNs are always bad news.

Not when you're a raging faggot with an inferiority complex so strong you'd rather kill your daughter than to see her be better than you.

>mfw a hired gun is a better parent than a scientist

Take it back!

Mr. Braun was indeed a big guy. I just couldn't fathom his true nature when I read it the first time. I love how every character was used. The only one who was just offputting to me was that one faggot in Faris' arc. He just didn't fit in with anything to me.

Yeah, he was the one odd one out.
But it gives me hope that perhaps he was foreshadowing for a larger role in another game.
The thought of him actually being important in 0 gives me a hope boner.

It's probably going to amount to his deja vu being a plot element or something like that.

but he's a guy

If only

Microwave it.

Mayushii would never microwave her bananas. She'd eat it very lewdly, though. Unaware of her actions, of course.

For children's entertainment, evil people have to look ugly. So that simple childish brains can understand that.

Steins gate was shit btw.

It wasn't, but alright. You're entitled to your terrible taste.

She's want to eat it like a normal person.

an hero tbh fam

Lukako is pretty good, when it's a she.
The Lukako ending was pretty good.
All endings were.

There's a special version of the final episode where Okabe gives up. This is the Okabe that sends a video back in time that tells Okabe how to save Kurisu without alerting SERN. S;G is the story of this other Okabe.

I'll probably wait for the anime

user pls.

I'm glad anons of logic and wisdom are already here. She is indeed the best girl, however it would be fair to say all other girls are tied for second.

I am glad as well, although I'd disagree with claiming that the rest are all second.
They're all good but they are very subjectively good.
Mayushi is, of course as already said, the objective best.
All are good.

I want an anime reboot with cool art and a full proper adaption of the story. It's crazy popular so I don't see why it can't happen. Worse shows get multiple seasons.

the animu is good anyway

I think they should just make OVAs with the other endings (barring the Kurisu "ending" which is just the true end minus all the good shit).

there are enough shitty animes out there already