Fighting Games: Play of the Game Edition

Ikari team trailer for KoF XIV coming later this week

Juri is out in Street Fighter V, Urien expected to be coming out next month.

Story Mode confirmed to be Arcade Mode but with CGI cutscenes and it'll have special endings for certain combinations of the team besides the 18 regular ones.

Demo is out on the PSstore. It has 7 characters (Kyo, Iori, Shun'ei, Nelson, Sylvie and King of Dinosaurs). Only the final release will be compatible with PS3 sticks.

Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.

Former Sony exec Adam Boyes joins Iron Galaxy.

Dizzy's already out and Diorama mode coming sometime later this fall.

Juri was released but EU region and people can now buy her with fight money.

Garou getting ported to PS4 and PS Vita.

SNK and Sony are having a pool to gather interest on what game/franchise they should port next: twitter.com/giocorsi/status/758398018777251840

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

/fighters/index.html

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130231.html
livecap.tv/t/pr_balrog/uLPL2JuDbOg
twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
youtube.com/watch?v=1gRcH565hjo
twitter.com/Anti/status/762676356694077440
archive.is/dag8r
archive.is/SSJAb
8ch.net/fighters/res/3609.html#q7432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's the mains template, which I updated slighty since last thread. I replaced KoF XI with KoF XIV in anticipation for the upcoming release of KoF XIV.

Couple of things that might be worth repeating:

In a relatively recent interview, Oda confirmed that there will be no on-off switch for the Rush system as they believe its been balanced enough that advanced players won't be able to exploit it and that updates are something they'll need to think about given that, traditionally, KoF was released on an annual basis, but whether that fits with the customer's need in the modern age is something they need to figure out. And once again, they underlined there's no plans for DLC characters.

Itsuno wants people to tweet #RivalSchools3 at him.
Knowing Capcom, a port of Project Justice is the best we can hope for from this.

game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130231.html

I'm not even sure if I want a new Rival Schools nowadays.

Anyone else thinks the press-x-repeatedly-to-combo in KoF made it too casual?
I still like the game, I just wish it wasn't there.

Welp maybe XV then.

I don't want a RS3 anymore, I just want HD ports of the first two games with School Mode included.

I never triggered it while playing outside of testing it in training mode.

It doesn't really change anything, you get better damage and better combos if you do everything yourself. It's just gonna be a crutch for casual players that don't want to put effort out and learn to play better.

I hope SNK supports this game with patches, last thing i need is another SNK game that they never bothered to revise

I rather have Garou2 with a mature Blue Mary calling Rock her son she also has a young daughter with Terry so Rock also have a non blood related imouto and a milf Kasumi along with Mr. Karate II and NGBC's Robert.

Yeah, keep XIV updated with bugfix patches, costumes and at most one character or team per year.

Never going to happen because capcom.

I wasn't saying do XV next, I meant I hope Kasumi is back in XV.

I'm expecting SNK next games will go; Metal Slug 8 > Samurai Shodown VII > Garou 2 > the KoF XV, with a bunch of ports sprinkled between em all.

If we're to trust what the people at SNK said (don't recall exactly who), they've put all their resources into making the vanilla version and they're waiting to see how the game fares until they can consider DLC characters.
Likewise, there's no costume/skin plans beyond Classic Kyo and Nightmare Geese but they're receptive to fan feedback.

Yeah, judging by the interview, they're aware their old model isn't sustainable in [CURRENT YEAR +1]. Hopefully, they'll patch the game when it needs to; not even asking for content, just balance and netcode improvement if necessary.
Let's be honest, word of mouth that the netcode is shit gets out and they're pretty much screwed.

Can't help but imagine a army of Todoh rugrats doing Kasane Ate together with a grey-haired Ryuhaku.

If anything happens, it's gonna be the usual Capcom shakedown - release a port to gauge interest then say it didn't meet expectations so no sequel for anyone.

i don't like the idea of autocombos, but they were pretty easy to ignore in uniel & were more of an incentive to learn clean confirms instead of mashing than anything else. i still feel like they don't add anything to fightan though. they also don't make it more accessible in any true sense b/c beginners will have shitty neutral.

i'd be fine getting screwed if we at least got a decent rival schools port out of it

At least post the recent one from that 4gamer interview.
Also I hope for new IPs and games that are not fighting games like that Athena ARPG the other guy mentioned in the old thread or a SkyLove hack'n slash.

That would make a great P power or Hidden Super

But instead of learning clean confirms, they encourage mashing one button repeatedly. You don't have to use it, sure.

I thought grant died in every ending
Though fighting games usually don't care either way

I'll make a new one latter then.

Also repostan from the last thread.

I think NESTS had a reason to dump her.

I did it for '98 because I love that Osaka stage so I might as well do for the other ones. But thanks.
Extra Brian and Extra Shermie are insanelly fun to bait opponents until they realize I can't throw tech them and get grabbed until the next fight. 98UMFE is truly superior for a bunch of characters. Advanced Kyo in 98 is just the easier path to win. 2002 Kensou is really shit compared to his 98 and XI version. I rather play EX Kensou in 2002UM than that nornal version.

I remember VF4 having a "CPU Pro Ghost mode" or something like that where they created special fights with the AI copying certain pro players tatics. Like if you had in USFIV a battle against Daigo's Evil Ryu in a special mode. But yeah, fighting games developers cares fuck all about the AI of the game only teaching bad practices for the players while claiming their games are e-sports worthy.

Yeah, because Goro's df+C, Chizuru's pressure and Iori general seems pretty balanced in 98 and 2002 as a whole is a broken game only nostalgia faggots don't admit with Angel's infinites, retarded Athena/Vanessa and May Lee's unblockables. 2002UM is far from being balanced with Kasumi, Kyo, K', Nameless and Andy but is still better than the uglier vanilla version. And I speak as an Athena main

98og I can give a pass but EXTRA mode is useless. 98UMFE fixed many things of that game while being far more balanced.

Why the hell is Madcatz stuff always stupid expensive for what they're actually selling you?
Like with most of their product I feel like I'm paying an extra 20% for a shitty claw tattoo on it.

Bought my friend the new Hori Mini for his birthday, his old PS3 has been through so much thought he could use another one; really like how light it is, shame I'm a controller user 99% of the time.

Also what the fuck is with nelson, I was fucking around with him in training and used his HK grab and his fucking robotic arm teleported to the other arm after the animation finished

I bought that piece of crap as a novelty item, and even then I regret it.

So how's everybody doing on the KoF demo? I'm downloading it now, but I'd like to hear what you guys think so far. Especially from those who've never played KoF before.

Skullgirls has some really neat palettes, Uniel too.

Thanks for the translation. And yeah, she's a nutter that "hears voices".

The struggle is real. Can't get anything consistently, be it hops, jump in combos or even basic cancels (window is short and there isn't much lenience compared to SFIV). I admit I haven't played a 2D fighter in ages but, nonetheless, jump ins and cancels are something I can get down pat in about 1h, just need to figure the character.
That said, I'm hoping that playing the game with my PS3 pad will fare better results and, on the plus side, this game does teach some "thumb discipline".

Sometimes I wonder how far these fuckers would go without shit to "pay homage to".

LOL

Okay. Nice edit. But, if you is reading all the fighting game news for a long time, the logos of the KOF14 and SF5 should be swapped.

I mean, looks like who made this is a capcom fanboy who is afraid that KOF14 kick the SF5 ass.

Just saying.

I got this from a thread on /fighters/ mostly about shitposting. Knowing that SFV players have battered housewife syndrome, most of these guys will keep supporting SFV despite the shit that's happened the past few months.

I thought it was making fun of those that played SF5 and wouldn't consider anything else.

Still having a hard time short hoping, keep getting the high jump. Other than that it's been going well, can't wait to try everyone in the full game. Been screwing around with Kyo since there's no king or terry.

Hmm, I think not. Because, to this joke works, Homer should have some "I love capcom" in his shirt.

I don't even argue anymore when my rages about capcom needing to fix the damn game. There's just too much BS to ignore.

I mean we still play it, but man. It really comes down to who knows how to utilize their characters BS to their advantage. And unfortunately he plays Alex.

The demo was enough for me to realize that SNK truly wants to win back its core audiences after its countless times of bankruptcies and being bought to make pachinko first and then vidya. I personally want them to beat SFV, which is why I preordered the premium edition of the game to support SNK, because fuck Capcom, that's why. My only gripe with the the demo is the rush feature and not being able to turn it off but as other said, casuals will crutch with it and practically leave dedicated players to rip these casuals a new asshole for not gittin gud.

Reminder that we did it bros

Not a deep fightin' gamer but I really do love playing them every once in awhile knowing I'm gonna get my ass kicked. So I don't understand the webm too much. Did the anti-air attack miss?

Long answer is, Balrog's st.mp is a good aa, better and faster than most dedicated aas.
Ryu's HK apparently has an extended hurtbox that appears only after the leg's been fully stretched. HK's hurtbox only appeared after Balrog's st.mp active frames have finished, or something to that effect.

Short answer, Capcom sucks at designing hitboxes.

The hit boxes are retarded as shit, you can literally be inside some characters and your grab will whiff, normals will phase through the model during certain attacks(as shown on the webm, which would've been an AA even in SFIV)

Side question, since I barely have any real 3rd strike playtime under my belt did Alex's headstomp catch people while they were jumping? Because in V jumping in any direction will cause it no to hit you, even neutral jumping just before he lands on you makes the attack void

Well, there's your problem. Stop playing, let the player count die off and keep warning your friends on how shit this game is.

I haven't played for about a week, been slamming my head on a wall whether or not I want to drop 80 bucks on a PS3 for CvS2 or continue praying to whatever deity that listens to get a CvS2 online. That and I've been playing the KoF demo, watching the Revelator story mode and playing overwatch

CVS2 is on Dolphin right? Doesn't that have online support?

If that shit was late then what the fuck does an early or properly timed one look like; what, you have to be a precog to AA people if you aren't fucking ryu now

CVS2 EO has dolphin support, and I'm pretty sure there's online, as remember someone in the steam group saying there was a CVS2 EO dolphin tournament a while back.

wtf is UNIEL?

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

I've only played it a handful of times at a friends place but fuck Linne is fun

Is there any way to play 94/2003 through GGPO? I'm trying to setup Groovymame & somebody told me you can play people online using it.

Oh I've seen that game, it looks pretty good. Where can I play it for free?

Also, shouldn't it be UNIBEL?

I wanna see what UNIEL's are like

Xrd arcade is up to 1.03 and Jonio's streaming early.

they're both on fightcade

it was unib
exe: late is the current version, hence uniel
unist is the next one
that we're NEVER EVER gonna get in the west

tld;r: anime games have stupid naming conventions

I miss Vlad

He'll come back As a moba character

I wonder what went through seth killian's mind before and after the lifespan of that game. It baffles me that he thought they would allow some form of creativity at Riot Games.

I found pic related on amazon and I've been thinking of getting it was my first fightstick. It's a Qanba Q1 with a Sanwa stick and buttons, but the cheapest one is $169.39. Should I buy it or look for something cheaper?

You shut your mouth, I need to play as Mika.

The plastic on the PS4 sticks are fucking shit, huh? I play KoF without my fightstick for a few days and it's all ogre.

Then it makes even less sense not to call it UNIBEL.

On the bright side, this means fewer normalfags and kiddies ruining fightan.

Wrong, the company was acquired by Tencent/Riot and they're now adapting the Rising Thunder system to make a League of Legends fighting game.

Expect a new wave of smashkiddies soon.

Qanba PCBs have a reputation for being flaky.

What exactly do you mean by flaky anyway?

Street Fighter V is a lot worse than GG Xrd though lol. Even SF IV was better than V.

user, are you an Amerilard?

worse, Canadian.

King of Fighters is already going to be better than SF so all KoFags should celebrate.

Dying young.

Well that's concerning. What are some good fightsticks that I can get at a reasonable price as a Canadian that won't die on me easily? pic semi-related.

I don't know Canadian prices but used Hori or Madcatz 360 sticks are probably your best bet.

How do you think Mexico's gonna handle release day?

I was going to tell you download an app called OfferUp if you were from the States. Works like Craig's List. I have a surplus of nearly 10 arcade sticks in my house for every system. My most cherished arcade stick is the Madcatz Chun Li Super Street 4 Fighter TE. Only 2000 were ever made and I nabbed a mint one for 50. Don't ever go to Amazon for the sticks since they gouge for really used ones.

I've got a Hori Fightingstick Mini 3. I love it, but it's too small, and too light.
I'd like to get a good stick, but I'm a poor thirdworlder so I have to settle. But it offers the best bang for your buck.

I'm gonna need more HD gif stages

second one is from SvC Chaos.

This one too. livecap.tv/t/pr_balrog/uLPL2JuDbOg

I see. I understand hitboxes. That's just incompetent programing right there than. Is it the same team programing the game?

I liked, Kyo and Iori feels just like XIII but thankfully some retarded things from Iori were removed (Kyo's sweep being a hardknockdown is pretty stupid). I played with a friend the other day who never really played a KOF game before (he's an animefighter fan) and we played for 2 hours and had fun. Sylvie is pretty fun but with short limbs and King of Dinosaurs looks awesome but he seems really slow and shit (you will NEED to master his guard points to be successful with him).
As for the gameplay, I just miss a visual cue for hyper hops and super jumps. I can do consistently with Kyo and Iori but KoD and Sylvie (the most floaty characters of the demo) I had problems with it. Maybe it was a timing problem.
Also, we were playing both on a DS4

Why is SFV so bad?

Is it me or is Nelson really hard to get into? Even his fucking special moves are hard to connect.

I would explain, but I have to rush my post out for tournaments.

Nelson is all about the command normal chains

5/10

Would have been better if you dropped the "tournament" angle entirely since it's not relatable to posting so it seems forced

Maybe "I would explain, but I have to rush my post out for the alacrity daemon/hotwheels/jim" would be better?

I'm having trouble making sense of her arm. Why does it curve so much? Where's her elbow? It looks like a tiny arm grew out of her titty.

More like 'husbands' by pic related Twilight Sparkle Haha

uSF4 version 1.00 was like that too. You couldn't hit Elena at all…. Stupid Capcom is like the marketing at work… keep making the same mistakes everytime.

I want Dudley's NG or 2I stage with the rain transition…

I want to grab and pull Juri's massive tits.

Different developers' approaches to hitboxes:
Capcom style = small hitbox inside giant hurtbox
Capcom style with (non-jab) jump attacks = 2 stages of hitbox inside giant hurtbox
ASW style = giant hitbox that may or may not overlap hurtboxes
SNK style = the limb has a hitbox on it

Im disappointed.

No image of Juri is good

just got back from playing kof03

I was very surprised by how it played and how fun it was. why exactly is it not that popular?

Shit's broken as fuck

Pink fringe on the premium battle costume but her aura is still black&white. Bleh.

Never saw Juri as a titty-monster. She should be medium to small while being shapely and firm in contrast to droopy oversized Chun Li

god dammit
I guess i shouldve expected it.
it feels so much faster and smoother then the others, i like the designs of all my mains in it, and i like how fast characters switch out after death. the only thing i dont like are the mvc like assists you can do

Do you guys think SFIV was killed before it should have been?

It's easy to say that when looking at the rushed mess of SFV but I reckon it had another year of EVO in it but crapcom were too afraid the SFIV matches would be more hype so they pussied out

Oh definitely, Ultra was only out for what 2 years and people were only semi-recently working out stuff with Elena

Yes, USFIV REMIX didn't have and time to shine. That mod is ridiculously better than SFV

I thought elena got stealth nerfed before crapcom moved on, they also buffed hugo or somethin

REMIX is damn fun but fighting people on it is rougher since the update divided the playerbase a bit

Red FA should cost 1 bar only
ZAP

(checked)
Thats because she never was.

definitely, I would've liked to see Omega played for the tournament season this year and left SFV in development until either next year or Q4 this year. But that would've been the smart thing to do, and Capcom has an aversion to smart choices.

I think they should have taken another year to work on the game instead of rushing it for EVO and the fgc.

I'll be sure to get right on that.

What did the update do?

New trailer

Almost wish I had a PS4 now.

Guess it's not just a Bloodbornemachine anymore, but a Fitanmusheen.

It will get a PC port eventually, don't worry.

I'll probably buy it again when it does.

What's the point of playing King of Tizoc if Clark does errything better?

Never cared about the former but I needed a real PC.

I hope the port isn't awful and that my net is more stable so I can annoy everyone with Athena and Sylvie.

backs arent the only thing clark's busting tonight

To be KoF XIV's Hakan

does anyone else think he looks really upset

War is hell.

So there's three team trailer we haven't seen yet, right? Another World, K', and Women's teams are the ones we haven't seen yet.

yeah, those and they haven't shown off the final boss

Mildly constipated.

I think they're not going to bother making a final boss trailer. They want the player to see what it is, don't they? Why ruin the surprise or you know, just say it's orochi again.

I'm fully expecting the final boss to steal moves from various other final bosses from the series.

What is with this shit about "revealing" characters that are old and obvious as fuck
It's like you expected SF to not have ken, chun li or any other fighting game not including it's staple characters, plus in this case, the whole rooster was already known, it's like a forced hype.

It's like you want Rugal to be completely superseded.

It's just to show off each of their super and team theme, like they did for every other returning character.

Chill out, they aren't even done with the arcade version yet. They won't make a console version until they're done

How long have you been using that mini? My Q1 is having issues with disconnecting, so it's either a wire or PCB issue. I'll keep an eye out for sales on parts but having a second stick around wouldn't be bad.

Just play KOFXI then. It is like 2003 but better and with less bugs. Also has Oswald, Momoko and the best version of Kensou.

I love just how long his SDM takes and cancelled into a Climax will definitely be a time scam tatic.

Well, KOFXIII Steam port is the best version of the game. As long they do it inhouse and not let another developer like CodeMystics (or god forbid DotEmu) it'll be fine. I just hope Sony/Steam let KOFXIV have a crossplay feature like SFV. I remember Sony denying for Skullgirls a long time ago.

FUCKING FUND IT

Isn't Antonov supposed to be the boss?

He's just a sub boss, like Shingo in 98 or Billy & Saiki XIII.

Man, I completely forgot about this game.
A worthy successor to 2000.

i will now show this vid to anyone who tells me 70% of KOF matches isn't just jump+CD or jump+light kick

there are 2 versions of remix
Version 1 is like a broke have a laugh with your friends game
Version 2 is like characters are stronger then Omega mode but not too broken and Has Koryu characters for meme infinities

Some of the balance changes in version 2 of remix to some really felt like no fun allowed and split the opinion so looking for matches you have to constantly swap which version of remix you play to appease both sides of the Autistic spectrum .

I don't have pictures, but Merkava has some pretty good DIO colors. Akatsuki has Joker colors too.

Zib is good dog. RIP Dauntless and Chel. You live on in my heart.

My one complaint about XI is no stage select that I could see. Does it really matter? No, but I do wish I could pick what stage we fight on.

Not too much of a stretch, since they don't have Blanka, E Honda, or Sagat.

I'm sure they thought about not including Chun li and Ken. I would bet they even considered not including Ryu.

I demand a legitimate explain as to why this looks better than Ken's face.

I'm still not giving Ed Boon any of my money.

well it's like saying clouds low poly face looks better.
its a simplicity thing, Ken's face along with all the other faces in sfv are very detailed. but with more detail comes the responsibility of making sure it doesn't look weird. ralphs face isnt nearly as detailed as kens so it just looks more simple and less threatening.

Which gate do you prefer and why?

KoF XI is the best marvel game.

Also "sorry not sorry" is some advanced faggotry.

Why is it that every time I stare at Ralf"s face, the funnier it gets?

Is she saying that because she was once 25th in a not named competition she is entitled to praise because she is a woman?
Just do it KUT. Or reach Quarterfinal or some shit. Because in every Sport or Competition nobody gives a shit at around place 8.

Her retarded attitude is why she is unmarketable

She's saying that because she was once 25th in a not named competition she is entitled to sponsorship money because she is a woman.

jej

Pathetic.

I went to check Chocoblanka's record and now my heart's warm.

Choco can play in a band?

Literally bitching no one recognizes her because of vagina.

You're not special, you're just like the rest who didn't get first. Welcome to equality.

Choco-mind

trash

His head is really tiny compared to his arms and hands.

Which is more fun? SFV or SF4 Omaga Mode?

For fucks sake. Is she saying she should get a sponsorship because she came in 25th, just because she's a woman? Correct me if I'm wrong but who gives a fuck about anyone that gets place 25? No matter who they are.

Daigo confirmed for OzHadou nationals:
twitter.com/CouchWarriors/status/759203658382843904
Infiltration is coming too;
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85
So 3rd place is the best any Aussie can hope for…

i've placed amongst various games between 4th-25th in my country. Most people have no Idea who I am lol. What an attention whoring bitch.

I put an octagon in my stick, and it works fine, but I can't really compare it to anything since I never really used a stick with a different gate.

I mainly use charge characters.

You're not very bright, are you?

The only trash here is your taste, user.

I've got a square gate on mine. I like it, but I have a buddy who's putting an octagonal gate on his so I'll end up giving it a shot and maybe switching over if I like it. I like the idea of there being corners for up, down, left, and right on the octagonal gate.

Omega Mode was alright but turned too many EX moves into near-cutscenes. But it was a whole lot of fun for wombo combo shenanigans.

So what's the deal with this game compared to other KoF games?

Is it worth checking out while I wait for XIV?

It's just KOF2002 with grooves, Saisyu, and Young Geese.

I used to use square in a Hayabusa but now I prefer my LS-56 with octo. Square is good when your inputs aren't very precise since its easier to find corners. If you find yourself riding the gate a lot, consider getting an octo. To me its also more comfortable to play SHMUPs with an octo compared to square. In the end it doesn't really matter, with enough practice you should be able to use either gate just fine.

Verify your game cache.

I did that, then reinstalled the whole game. Still nothing
verifying again anyway

Have you tried turning it off and then turning it back on again?

You wouldn't happen to have any of those unsavory mods installed on your game do you? Capcom couldn't, in good conscience, allow you to objectify the women in their game now, could they?

Joking aside, that's what fucked up my game, but it worked fine after a full reinstall.

best female face in t7

I'd say so, though Asuka is pretty nice too.

James Chen is such a creepy fuck.

Kill yourself.

Brawlers are not fighting games.

lmao at your life

I lose it every time.

THAT'S A MAN
THERE'S NO VAGINA UNDER THERE

wat

Just get Guilty Gear Xrd you fuck, why are you giving shekels to Capcom

8ch.net/v/res/10263033.html

This isn't fighting games

And he can't even link properly

He'd love SFV then.

Oh fucking snap

How much deeper does this go

Nice one.

That's not Lili

Burn!

Only nuCAPCOM is doing that. Games like SG, GGX and VF have waaaaayyy better tutorials and AI than nuCAPCOM.

GG's AI isn't anything to write home about.

It's not a problem, and the key point are the tutorials.

No fighting game AI will ever be anything to write home about, you cannot write an AI that plays like a human would. It's serviceable enough to get you into the flow of actual matches instead of just endlessly whacking on a static dummy in training mode, but if you want to emulate what it'd it be like to play against an actual human opponent go fucking play one.

I don't know. Imagine an AI that could be updated constantly by replays of people winning with that character. In time you would have a huge library of data about how to effectively use character A against character B. Soon, you could get some spectacular AI, if done right..

VF4 came really fucking close. The AI in Quest Mode was based off data collected from pro players over the course of 2 years.

Check your Device Manager and look at the different options there. Your stick might not be recognised as a controller and so your computer may have miscategorised it.

You'd have an AI that plays like a flowcharter. I refuse to believe it would deal with every possible situation like a human would.

Posting

And 5 did a really good job of this as well. which makes the fact that SEGA is doing nothing outside with the series outside of having it's characters make cameo appearances and made into figures all the more painful because AM2 knew how to make a fun MP and SP experience with a fighting game

>SEGA is doing nothing outside with the series outside of

SEGA is doing nothing with the series outside of*. Probably should wake up a bit more before posting. Apologies

Maybe they'll do something for the 25th anniversary? It's only 2 years away.

Haha who am I kidding, it will end up like Virtual On where they promised something for the 20th anniversary and it just turned out to be more model kits

In order to "learn" how to proper play you would need to know first. The input of information is essential. As said, SEGA did some really good work with the PS2 version of VF because of the information they manage to collect. The groundwork is already there.
And if the input came from players, you could be sure to add movement as a key point to bait opponents. It's possible and it could be extremely interesting to try. Hell, they could even build a "Quakebot" System, with matches against the machines own database.
I hope someone tries this one day.

Finally getting into Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on PC. Very fun game; just finished everyone's arcade modes. So far I'm learning Sol, Faust, May and Ky, with my favourite among those being May; I'd like to thank ArcSys for giving me a daughterfu. I'm nowhere near good yet and my online connection is trash, but I'm having fun on the journey.

Also, is it me, or is it really hard to get this game to read half-circles? I had an easier time doing Zangief's ultra in SF4 than I do a single half-circle command. It's driving me mental.

I will accept anything. Even a thing like this.

That's because SFIV and SFV have incredibly lenient inputs and input buffers. They're notorious for degrading your general execution. Turn on the input display in training mode and check to make sure your half circles are actually accurate. I assume you're having this problem mainly with May where you're often sweeping into beach ball or dolphin summon, and doing a half circle from a crouching position can be kinda finnicky. I used to have the problem of always doing 1236 instead of 41236 and that doesn't count as a half circle input obviously.

Also, don't you think immediately starting off with 4 characters is gonna be a bit overwhelming? Learning one character is already a challenge, spreading all that training across 4 characters when you're new is going to be a lot of work if you don't want to end up with 4 characters you can kind of play instead of 1 or 2 characters you can properly play.

Into the trash you go.

Guys I want to learn Vega in SFV, what are the best option for AA? S. RH? qcb hp is too slow.

That was easily one of the best anniversary celebration game I have ever played.

I was wanting to post videos of gameplay of niche fighters online but I don't want to use youtube or twitch.
What video hosting website should I use?

cr.hp
Or dash under. Or hope to god capcom makes anti airs better in the balance patch

As I am realising the hard way. I thought a bit of Blazblue would have made me better prepared for it, but it seems not!

That's exactly what happens in the command menu but I can't seem to fix it. It's like I have to aim for 7 or 8 if I want to get a 4. The half-circle itself isn't too bad but doing it in a tense combo like the advanced challenges where you have to roman cancel in practically the same frame after is tricky. I'm completely willing to put this one on me only getting 5 hours of sleep today, though

It is kinda overwhelming, yeah, but it's kinda fun to have a few in the bank while I'm searching for a main. I'm coming from UMvC3, though, so I thought I could get away with learning a few characters at once, but I think I'm just gonna keep it to Sol and May for the advanced stuff until I get some flexibility. I've gone through none of Faust or Ky's advanced material, one or two of Sol's stuff, and I've gotten all of May's challenges except the last. I'm repeating May's until I've learned them off by heart, hence the dilemma. She seems very fun, dolphins and all, but unlike the other characters I've tried I have no idea how this is gonna translate into an actual neutral game.

So next game ls last game right? Better bring back everyone worth bringing back. Bringing back Aira from the dead was an asspull, pretty sure we reached BBCS levels of dumb.

We can never reach BB levels of dumb. Even though Sol killed his past self, that still pales in comparison with Ragna's looping shit or the clusterfuck that is Boundary-related everything.

Hard to say if the next game will be the last. They finally showed who that man is, why the Japanese were so important to keep colonized, as well as Justice and the Universal will are no longer being a threat. However, there are still a few loose ends that haven't been resolved (as well as older characters not back in the game or even mentioned so far), so I'm assuming they're either going to go a few months or years into the future, or they're going to have all loose ends tied up in the next installment.

>Bringing back Aira from the dead was an asspull, pretty sure we reached BBCS levels of dumb.
Had you mentioned this a month ago after I saw the ending, I would've completely agreed, as I was not happy to say the fucking least (still a bit mad about it actually) seeing how they brought in Jack-O for one game, just to have her be sacrificed to bring Aria back. However, looking back at the ending, it was either they went with that ending, or have a bad outcome where either all of humanity in the world would've been killed off, or Sol and Jack-O would've been killed off (technically. In either one of those outcomes, they would've regenerated due to the 2 items they have inside of them allowing them to be immortal. However, they would've lost all of their memories and may not have even come back human, most likely coming back as gears).

Still, I had to shed a tear and give a lot of respect to Axl for how he chose to stay and help rather than use his time warp powers to go back to his timeline, but at the cost of the world the game takes place in. I can only hope in the next game, Jack-O comes back and this new Aria either becomes just a story only character, or if she is playable, they find a way for her to summon the outrage armor that we know as Justice in the original GG and XX days. Not likely to happen and I'm not expecting it, but one can hope.

Thank you

Anyone got any advice for playing as pic related in KoF 2002/2002 UM?

so doe somebody who's getting into the series right now. are only being able to do ex moves in max mode a bad thing? it makes it sound like your not supposed to do ex moves until your last character can steam roll with max mode combos.

Win!

You just have to do them really fast. Practice. I started a week ago, and now I can do them lots of times in a row without failing.

don't know if this counts but project m's ai is pretty crazy. half the cast has amazing reactionary ai while the other half just kill themselves.

I'm convinced that it's possible, it's just not worth doing for a single game. It'd have to be done as a third party thing like GGPO.

Yeah, I just went back to it a few minutes ago. Half-circle > Roman Cancels > Etc. were coming a lot more reliably. Felt great. Now I just need to figure out instant air dashes.

Oh, so that's where the name of the game comes from.

I don't get why fighting games don't take approaches from Devil May Cry and other similar games when designing AI. Why not have a miniboss who has things like attack sequences that force good fundamentals from the player on higher difficulties? Or other cool things like burst out of a combo whilst telegraphing when he will.

For IAD use 956. 96 doesn't actually do anything, you need to return to neutral before inputting forward.

bumping with a vid of the KoF XII english voices and then some.

How many KoF games am I gonna have to wait through until I can get a Todoh Team?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
which game?

Fixed it.

bump so it doesn't disappear

wew

Who is the qt3.14 gracefully ignoring Kyo in the 4th image? Vice?

yeah, it's Vice

Is Pokken a fightan game?

XII, there is a reason why it was never brought back.

there's already a leak that has his picture. looks like a grade c anime badguy

Who could it be?

This one?

Akuma

is there more of that blaziken?

Yes
sensuax.deviantart.com/

Which one is the better SNK swordplay fighting game?

oh shit nigga that cammy looks great!

Never played SamSho, but Last Blade 2 is pretty good about forcing you to commit to moves.

And people have the nerve to call this game good?

LB is a streamlined, "safer" latter-era SamSho that's easier to play (in a good way) but sacrifices nearly all its inventiveness and has massive slowdown issues. SamSho 5 is janky as shit, but that's most of the appeal. SamSho 2 is simplistic by modern standards but a pretty good game in general.

I say SamSho.

So many unintuitive hitboxes to stop Nash's teleport…

Mah Milkshake

thecitywalker.com/10-delicious-milkshakes-in-melbourne-you-must-try-once-in-a-lifetime/

Are there any specific ways to get better in terms of reaction time beyond keep playing?

I've found that I can notice what my opponent is trying to do and then make the read fine, but I have problems from going "Oh he's going to try to grab me" in my head, which I can do, to "I need to push the buttons to tech it" and then on top of that mental delay, actually pushing the buttons in time.

Poor Sol, his friend settled down and got married as has been bored stiff ever since. Wonder what made the writers decide to make Sol hardcore tusndere all of sudden.

Also in a stroke of good fortune the 3D games in our local mall moved to a bigger space and they're talking about getting plans together start hosting tournaments and the like since we don't have a scene for pretty much anything around here. Place is pretty nice too, they already have tables set for people who play card games.

It's kinda like life in a way. Over time, shit comes up and/or happens that changes either you, the people around you, or both. Sometimes it makes things better, sometimes worse. Can't really predict it, but that's what makes it interesting.

That gets better with practice. Ability to execute always lags behind ability to see, but if you can see what you need to do that's the first step.

SamSho

remember that time Marvel vs capcom 3 was supposed to have shadow characters that just copied top teams and you could pay $1 or $2 to download and practice against them?

no? thats okay, there's a lot in marvel that capcom forgot

maybe we can make a virtua fighter-esque mod for tekken 7 barring that, there's ef-12 ;_;

option selects & setplay

find specific scenarios where you're getting blown up consistently & then practice reacting to them in training mode, set up multiple replays with different timings. if you are in a throw scenario, you can also usually abare or escape

best dad
i want to train with takuma

Anyone wanna make a 3x3 chart for your 9 favorite fighting games? Don't forget to rate other anons.

I'm starting to run out of ideas for bumping threads or making them creative.

Anyone here still play Pokken

Unfortunately I would be hard pressed to find nine without being a bit of a try hard.

Shoryuken
youtube.com/watch?v=1gRcH565hjo

Big smacks

Easy, learn a different fightan than what you play and post about it. Like getting anons to play jewpuncher of they haven't before.

That actually made me think about what fighting games I play. Avoided multiple versions of games otherwise It'd get more samey than it already is.

Not all that good with charts but I can name my top 9. Also going to try to avoid multiple versions unless they're radically different (like SFA and SF3). Most of these might not be the best in the series but they're certainly the ones I played the most, from a time I was much more passionate about the genre.
- Nightwarriors (Saturn)
- Soulcalibur (Dreamcast)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (Saturn)
- Street Fighter III Third Strike (Dreamcast)
- Project Justice (Dreamcast)
- Guilty Gear XX #Reload (PS2)
- Dead or Alive 2 Limited Edition (Dreamcast)
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Dreamcast)
- King of Fighters 99 Evolution (Dreamcast)

Sometimes I wonder if LTG isn't actually a modern day Andy Kaufman.

do you ever just stop and think that your game of choice is the most nigger-infested shithole in gaming?

twitter.com/Anti/status/762676356694077440

The moment in question, if anyone wants to examine it.

Shun'ei is gonna be a high tier anchor, isn't he

I hope not. The less animu high tiers the better imo. Just look at mai shes waifubait but never good in the popular games. Thats always been a good thing

Its a combination of the mario 64 swimming fish syndrome and confirmation bais. They either live in a small world they wont explore, or the know about it and are too scared to venture.

Ok.

At least I got OC out of it

dubs wasted on a cuck

You dont know what hes talking about then. Its a matter if hitboxes not being accurate to the character

>>>/fighters/

I didn't even know this shit was possible

Have you ever looked up the 3rd Strike Judgement?

>>>/fighters/8281

Ok, fine. But you know this isn't what will happen in the FGC, at KOFXIV release.

seriously though theres such a better more optimized combo thats been his thing forever and obviously does more damage.
you can throw in a s.hk before df.hk and end the combo with a Kototsuki. its a bit of a staple combo kyo has had forever and works in the demo.

The set in question

I completely forgot that game existed.
I couldn't even remember the name of the game and had to reverse google search the images.

What a massive success

I had an actual dream about this very thread today. In it, someone was complaining about Choi Bounge in KoF XIV.

Samurai Shodown. But I liked The Last Blade too.

why does gang-il look like he's 3 days from retirement

Why does Gang Il look like the most boring newcomer?

>>>/fighters/ is sleeping..

Slow fireballs and dashes in for FRAME_PERFECT hits!

I think I may have brain damage

Why the fuck can I only do it in the direction I am facing.

Well, let's see, user. Let's see.

Anyway, thanks for this edit.

SFV is combo-boring?

Can we talk about those sticks? I need a new for my brother and don't really know which one to get.

I used to have this one called "Lioncast Arcade Fighting Stick" but it broke after months of playing.

archive.is/dag8r

What really is the difference between a expensive one (those for 200€) and a cheap one? Like what the fuck could be so good about them that they cost so much? Also in my case only the stick broke, not the buttons, is it a good idea to just replace the stick with something like this archive.is/SSJAb ?

We play a lot of usfiv with my brother on my computer which is hooked up to my tv in the living room. We currently use 2 360 controllers but the problem is he can't play with those since he played his entire live with arcade sticks only.

Another thing I forgot to add, Lioncast reviews are usually fake. My box had a little letter in it that told me that if I wrote or made a positive review and mailed the link to them there would be a chance for me to win a prize.

So you can assume that a shitload of their reviews are faked on purpose to try and win something.

8ch.net/fighters/res/3609.html#q7432

Fuck yes, now only if he could get his rekkas back

I play with a Venom stick (same as mayflash in the USA) with sanwa parts added. It cost me a fair bit to get it to AUS, but there was nothing cheaper, really. I think it was worth it, since the stick and buttons were shoddy when I first bought it. I hammer it pretty hard, and it is still in good nick.

The difference in cheap parts and sanwa or seimitstu parts is big enough for me to not want to go back no matter what. If you play fighters every day or so like I do then I'd really not want to use shitty parts that feel like crap, don't respond, and don't last long.

Best stages?
I like the Dramatic Battle waterfall stage in Alpha2.

This one will always be my favorite

i like pretty much all of xiii's stages.
last blade's are pretty incredible as well.

Who is the next team getting a trailer? K' Team, Women Fighters Team or Another World Team?

Woman Fighters IIRC. Still a little miffed Kasumi got booted for Alice.

I'm still hoping KoF XV has a Todohryu Team with Kasumi, Ryuhaku and Kasumi's lazy student that was mentioned in the Days of Memories games.

Or ol' Anti-Kyokugen. That's always a classic.
Or maybe, it can be like that bogus DLC leak list, and every team gets a 4th member.

Side note, artists gotta pick up the slack. Barely anything on the new girls. Though, to be fair, that seems to apply to every FG character besides Dizzy.

It depends on your strategy. You earn a new free meter bar every time your character is defeated. Even using your first character if it means a certain kill, I would aim for a 1 bar combo at least be it with a DM or MAX cancel combo.

I still think the absence of an English dub will be detrimental for KOFXIV's success in USA. Americans don't like to hear a different language than theirs.

There's no Kula in XII. Leona, Athena, Elisabeth and Mature were the only females in the game.

He's a KOF MC, of course he'll be. He has great normals and insane damage with meter.

Sorry, I was too busy with the new Metroid fan game these days.

You mean Blue Mary, right? I would like Kasumi more in a Anti-Kyokugen theam like said. Besides, Eiji and Malin were fun in XI.
Well, look who's going to get cosplayed?

Also,
Mai is high tier in '98 and a counterpick against Goro and Chizuru who are in fact top tiers. She looks great in XIV by the way with good anti airs and total air space control once she has meter for her Climax.

Noice! Everything looks good so far. The wig better be fuckin' outrageous.

I need more of this dork though.

Some folks been saying Mai is pretty strong in XIV. All I know is that in almost every match I saw, everybody fell hook, line and sinker for the Climax set up. They jump over a fan and boom! Maximum Mai.

NEW THREAD