Ragnarok Online Thread: Giant Axe Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Gearing up for WoE, Helping level lower Allies and having fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Black_Scarf_Quest
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Bee_Wings
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Thanatos_Basement
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Orcus_Gears
ratemyserver.net/skill_db.php?skid=369&small=1&back=1
store.steampowered.com/app/493370/
kongregate.com/games/strebgames/ragnarok-idle
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=areainfo&area=4999
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcBHxhX
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=1182&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=1141&small=1&back=1
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pro.html?10GKGNGAducskFdPgRkDrAdAgNaoeK
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/clw.html?10FXJkefcKGO2bakanbx
forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/103508-ragnarok-lore-biolabs/
irowiki.org/wiki/Rachel_Sanctuary_Quest.
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10gXdNsXdAhEbproqnkeInjScAJy
steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter#Mr._Hatter.27s_Card_List
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Nobility
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/mon.html?10akdxIxdAhFboHSbnqAak
irowiki.org/wiki/Level_4_Weapons_(Type_2)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=227663076
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

"Class: Soul Linker

The more mystically-inclined Taekwons can become Soul Linkers, eschewing their martial foot fighting to become one of the most powerful magic classes in the game. Soul Linkers can…

These buffs do anything from allow Bards and Dancers to benefit from their own auras and cast eachother's auras, to doubling the damage and halving the cooldown of an Assassin's Sonic Blow, to enabling a Super Novice to ignore many class restrictions on equipment.

These include heal-when-struck Kaahi, auto-revive-on-death Kaizel, damage ignoring Kaupe, and magic reflecting Kaite.

These include the immense slow Eswoo, and the trolling Eske/Eska

These include the knockback Estin, the stunning Estun, and the nuking Esma.

While they lose the ability to cast all of their kicks, they can still cast High Jump and Running.

While the Soul Links, Ka- buffs, and Es- Debuffs are fairly self-evident in their power, the Es- damage spells are perhaps the most impressive single target damage spells in the entire game:

Unfortunately, due to their power, they have several severe limitations:

In spite of their one-man-army PvE power and their extremely powerful support buffs, they are not recommended for a first-timer, as they usually require a stat reset (if not also a skill reset) after becoming a Soul Linker, are fairly dependant on a feel for the game's mechanics for their survivability, and a large amount of skill build pressure.

They are however a very solid second-or-later choice, as they are effectively the Magical equivalent of a Sniper, only with more mobility, more survivability, and lacking an ammo crafting requirement."

So what quest do you take to become a GM class?

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

"Cicada Skin = broken. With it, you can go full INT and punch above your weight, letting enemies push you away without damaging you, so you can smack them with fast-cast magic, then renew the cicada ability right as it breaks. Great for dealing with the ninetails and poison spores while sniping greatest generals two east and one south of Payon. Level 50 or so in no time flat."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A collection of praises from users in threads.

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

07/18/16

Leveling Tips

With a battle manual active, completing the following quests (progress as many of them to the last step as possible before using your manual so you have time to turn them all in and do the Rachel Sanctuary quest before your manual expires)…

The Lost Child

Rachel Sanctuary

Help Mikhail

Brasilis Dungeon Entrance Quest

Eye of Hellion

Will net you about 35% of 98->99 EXP combined.

Completing other quests such as; Veins Siblings, the Biological Weapon Quest, Curse of Gaebolg, and the Nameless Island Entrance quest should earn you an estimated 20~40% more exp based on the listed exp rewards. On the whole, this makes 98 -> 99 much less torturous than it otherwise would be if you were grinding.

Ok, pasta's all served up.

We're gearing up for WoE now that most of our more regulars are in the 90s now.

Again, here is the link to our shared items doc.
reply to this if you'd like to barrow something form this.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing

You'll be marked as a holder and marked. you may only hold one thing at a time and must be with the title "Eternal" before asking. Eternal is gained after at least 3 days of activity (let me know if I missed you)

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Black_Scarf_Quest

Now that I've hit 99, I can do this custom quest but it requires a ton of items and money

5,000,000 zeny
random level 6 food
2 cards from a list
-Anopheles Card
-Armeyer Dinze Card
-Dumpling Child Card
-Ragged Zombie Card
-Sea-Otter Card
-Snowier Card
3 Treasure Box
30 Silver Ring
30 Gold Ring
20 Gold
50 Fur
150 Darkness rune
2 Black Dyestuff
100 Black Bear Skin
15 Black Hair

Any help is appreciated.
IGN: Nishikienrai

May I suggest this quest to some of our high level characters.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Bee_Wings

-Return to Queen Bee after you help each bee with their task and you will receive the Bee Wings. You can always return to her and speak with her again to change which item you'd like to drop at a chance while killing monsters. The list of items you can pick from are below.

Alcohol Bee Sting Blue Gemstone Cheese Cobweb Darkness Rune Empty Bottle Green Live
Immortal Heart Karvodainirol Oridecon Hammer Professional Cooking Kit Red Blood Red Gemstone Royal Cooking Kit Royal Jelly
Star Crumb Star Dust Stem Venom Canine Wind of Verdure Yellow Gemstone

Can't help you with the zenny, but I may have a level 6 food as well as some black bear skins to give.

Wait, what? I was not informed of this.

What's the best WoE class?

We're just in the prep stages.

All classes have there uses, but it'll really come down to "who's gonna be online when WoE starts". once we figure that out we'll have a better idea of how to attack.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Thanatos_Basement

For those of you interested in WoE gear, this event is where to fucking start.
It's all slotted, too. This shit is disgusting.

EVENT

So because a few of our members need money, I'm gonna host a Fabre tame event.

The event will ask that you're a novice, so log out of your main character and go make a novice. Don't worry about the future of that novice as once the event is finished they'll be stuck in the reward room. So once you've deposited everything off them, feel free to delete them.

Fabre tame is sort of like a shitty version of pokemon.

Weaken the little bug, use a tame item on them and hope to catch. Try not to kill them.

The more you catch,. the better the reward. Simple.

When is all this happening? Right now?

Yes right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm pretty sure I just missed the registration window. Oh, well, next time.

Stick around. we're doing another event after.

Not Fabre, but Tanni fight. or whatever its called.

Tanni fight is pretty simple. just beat up Tanni.

Try to stay alive with your novice fruits, but if you do die, == COME BACK TO LIFE AS QUICK A POSSIBLE == as this event rewards you based on your level at the end.

We have a fair amount of players in the event right now, so we'll do ok in that one too I think.

Bah, how long is the delete character timer? I only have the one spare slot.

about 5 mins. you'll be fine if you start now.

Five minutes, I think.
Why don't you already have an alternate-gender account?

Thanks for the events. It had been a few days since I'd been able to get into one, namely being the one I started myself with my sole event bag.

Thanks for the events, I can afford potions now!

If you need potions let me know. I can brew some up for you.

A donation of your herbs would be appreciated, but not necessary.

wait, can you play big sword paladin bro here?

Big Swords are the domain of Knights -> Lord Knights.
Swords and holybroing are the domain of Crusaders -> Paladins.

What does crusader entail?

Holy wars

I mean as far as skill set

Holy crosses

Some spear skills, including an attack speed boost, a giant aoe that costs health, singing, shield blocking/reflecting, taking damage for the team, and using %health as direct damage. Also, they have a heal that nobody uses.

Are you on right now?

Holy based attacks, Shield based skills/attacks and protecting of your team members.

You can also ride a giant bird as well as use a spear if you'd like.

Yes. who are you and what kind potions do you want?

No potions, just need my true and honest main invited into the main guild. Punished Killias

That sounds like an occultist, but also I just want to heal my lovely party while also being a big damage source.

Well singing does that kinda.

ratemyserver.net/skill_db.php?skid=369&small=1&back=1

They negate a shitload of damage, too, so you don't take nearly as much damage as other party members would in your place.

Just so you know, Gospel is only for Paladins. A crusader needs to hit level 99 then transcend before they can become a Paladin (aka restart from level 1 then work your way back up to crusader, but this time a paladin)

Spoilers kinda in image.

Prisma here, I'd like to use the imp clips.

Where do you get event bags?

Talk with prontera savepoint girl when you're 85+ and done the 2 quest she gives.
Dunno if there's another way.

Nioh here.

thanks to everyone who did the cancer feather quest, it was truly a bastard to do with just 2 people.

Finally finished the save girl quest. I'll do Wordzlel or Novices vs. Tani later when more people are on.

99 Priest here. Anything I should make sure I have done before I ascend?

Healing isn't that good outside of Priests, and Crusaders aren't going to load up their INT for semi-decent heals unless they're going for a Grand Cross build, which has its own problems like taking more damage during casttime and hurting yourself with that same attack. I've never tried one myself, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

If you want to heal and do damage, try a Wizard or other magic class and invest in an accessory with a Vitata card, which will let you cast Heal on any character.

what an unsavory fellow

Well, go turn Monk and punch things to death. You get Heal from being an Acolyte, your combo skills lead to a lot of damage, and Guillotine Fist wipes out everything in your path. INT still won't be a priority, but it'll at least give you more SP to deal more damage with Guillotine Fist.

Magic not linked to faith is heretical is all.

CHECK YOUR GMT-5 PRIVILEGE, SHITLORD

This seems like a tight knit community that's hard to get into.

Are you speaking of the server or the guild?

If its the guild, that's not true at all. all you need to do is be from Holla Forums, join the guild and show up often enough. you'll do just fine.

The server's 13 years old and has it's share of circlejerks, but the people are friendlier and more interesting than most modern official MMO communities.
The guild itself is open to everyone who wants to play, newcomers and veterans alike.

Alright, I'm at level 80 sader. Should I try BG? Not sure how it is in this server.

I think its 89, but BG on this server is a joke.

People who go in just dice roll to get it over quickly.
Ether way its exp so they dont care.
Just show up when its announced and get in. If they say dice, just wait to see what side wins.

If there are enough people for Mini-WoE, its just dice again. losers break the emp. Then the winners do the second break. Thats about it.

Goddamn it niggers.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Works pretty well for people that just want the gear and exp.

Went on a hunt for the Dark Lord but ended up killing abyssal knights instead. Killed the two whispers on the thrones on reflex. oops

Dark lord spawns in the cemetery mang

How do i build Link Slave Soullink

LF cards :)))))))))

Zipper bear
Vanberk
Verit
Raydric
Giant Whisper
Mantis
Porcellio
x1 each

Sader is moe

Also farm

Make a soul linker then put all there skills into link skills instead of combative skills.

I assume that's what you mean right?

Not at all. I started playing last Friday and by my first day in the guild I was making friends with fellow newcomers and receiving great help from oldfags. In my experience the guild has much more of a "Holla Forumsirgins discussing the game and occasionally shitposting" feel than an "exclusive circlejerk muh internet friends" feel. If you feel at home on Holla Forums, you should fit right in.

Research your build and play by yourself for a day before you ask for an invite and you'll do fine.

Well before that what stat should i put in

Server experience has been pleasurable in the 2 days I've been on. Most people are friendly and helpful, with only a couple of circlejerks abound,meanwhile the guild itself is super awesome and friendly. Alt guild for alt characters can also see main guild chat, so you're never left out :)

god i fucking love that artist and his god tier straight shota
i just wish his NTR wasn't with old men

Not poster but agreed, that artist does great stuff, and fug them old men.

Polina my net gone tits up can u train with someone else for now

Mounts when

forever trash class

Never thought it'd work, but I caught a baby garm. Thanks RNG

Now start genociding other baby garms for nursing bottles

store.steampowered.com/app/493370/

After Ragnarok Online 2… After Tree of Saviour… We now have Ragnarok Clicker…

What did we all do to deserve this…? What did Ragnarok Online do to deserve this…?

Let the honored dead rest in peace. Thank you…

I used to play ragnarok in highschool

为什么

As someone who leveled multiple characters to 50 in RO2, that's not much of a hurdle.

Fear not, the BRs have pulled through for once.
kongregate.com/games/strebgames/ragnarok-idle

Are there more games like RBO?
I would've imagined it could inspire clones.

Is there any way to play that shit with other people online at all? I know it is named Rag OFFline but I am out of friends who play vidya.

What the fuck are you guys doing there?
Experience en masse? Not fucking worth it, the place is so cramped that you'd require Bragi and actual tanks with Assumptio to mob/protect the party and I'm not even talking about the MvP of that place, which you guys can kill with Acid or pure Asura.

We got it right after the third wipe. Next time will be smoother.

What do you mean? I leveled on that place alone as a Champion, but they dont drop anything noteworthy, its just experience and a lot of them together.

It's always better to look for experience while farming.

Of course its for experience, and the possible card is good too

Someone invite my character Chadwarden to alt guild please.

We had a good stance going on but I got distracted by bants and forgot to refill my Steel Body

soab is retarded in a cute way

checked :-DDDD

Are custom guild titles allowed? I would like Gotta go fast.

Pero

Custom titles are only done when the rest of the guild gives that title to you. So for example, Askardt apparently did a really neat little story telling session telling others about the lore of the game, thus they requested he be titled Loremaster.

I find that this way its a bit more significant and done as a sort of way to give incentive to do something outstanding in the guild.

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=areainfo&area=4999

So I was looking at this list of castles. I have to ask, what one would you guys feel is the most suited to attack for us?

I doubt that all castles are open on this server, probably only 1 or 2.

This is horrifying

Lumilia Listening to this!

Rebuilding my wizard, who was fucked up from the word go. I even spelled the damn name wrong by hitting two keys at once, and didn't bother remaking it at the novice stage.

What's a not-shit build to go with? Everything I can find online reportedly has gaping holes in it.

99 int, 99 dex, rest vit

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcBHxhX

This is my build. It's intented to get to 99 quickly and efficiently whether solo or in party, and can MVP in a pinch (but not every MVP). It's not for WoE though, but it's pretty much the most basic wizard skills you could choose.

WoE builds would drop firewall for safetywall, ice wall is dropped (left level 1 for ganbantein), HWizzies get Amp Magic 10 of course, meteor storm is solid but you need high DEX for MS to be worthwhile.

Max fire skills first as mage, then get SP recovery and pre-requisite skills. As a wizard, JT first, quagmire, and then SG or LoV (or MS if you'd rather that over LoV). Depends on if you're partying, what you're hunting, etc. Just know that SG has a 15 second cast time at level 10, so basically every 10 DEX is 1 second of casting time. If you only have 30 dex when you change to wizard, you will never get an SG off.

Nice.

My only gripe. 3 is enough, put those 5 points on waterball or something else.

It depends on what you're doing. Waterball is only truly useful on maybe two maps in the entire game, and while it's super good on those maps, storm gust is still often enough. Higher levels of ice wall are good for cordoning off an area for MVPing, or ice walling at Abyss Lake, or anything else that ice wall is good for.

I find level 3 is a good spot between duration/ease to break when not in use anymore, but will go with your preference. And don't forget waterball can be used with sage's deluge and ninja's water evasion, and some WoE castles.

It is preference, but waterball only works once per deluge, you should be standing on a magnetic earth anyways, and only two or three castles have viable water spots anyways.

Really, it's more of a "right now I had 5 or 6 extra skill points I wasn't planning on using anyways, so I'll dump them into icewall" scenario. But even then, icewall has more general utility than waterball. Maybe if you have 4-5 wizards in a guild and for some reason don't want to stack 20 meteors, you can waterball.

I see your point. Still would never take waterball off my builds, so I guess it's a love it or hate it skill.

Good commodo meme team today, thanks to everyone who participated. Lots of folks near or at 99 now ready to trans

now lets get equipped

NEVAR 4GET

what level are you? we're still here.

Scratch that. we're done now.

Don't worry - there is no way we are not doing it again some other day. Shit's faster than BG spamming.

Nishi here, I'm looking through the mage and wizard skills and dont know what to take and for how many ranks. Anyone got any good general tips for skills or a build?

I posted it earlier

For normal wizard, that will work fine. Firewall is always a good skill for PVM, firebolt synergizes nicely with it since it's the best bolt for early levelling (wolves+migaos), and you need some fire spell when you can't rely on stormgust/JT/LoV.

Normal wiz will only really get two of the three big spells. You could take all three, but it's not necessary, and quagmire is really important. Meteor storm is the one I usually skip because it's the slowest to cast (every rank of MS takes 15 seconds, stormgust scales from 6-15 seconds, LoV is 10.5 seconds at max rank IIRC), the meteors are delayed further in hitting, and there's very few things you'll ever need it for while levelling. I know people shit on LoV, but LoV has the benefit of breaking ice quicker and doing a lot of damage while doing so, when you're doing a party with another wizard.

You should probably take JT first - with full INT and JT10, you can oneshot siromas 100% of the time. After that, quag, SG and LoV in whatever order you want.

Stats are INT and DEX. Everyone has different ideas on how much DEX to put in and at what levels, so I'll leave it up to you in that regard, but generally prioritize INT. You get bonus minimum MATK every 7 INT, and bonus maximum MATK every 5 INT. Try to reach another bonus if you're near one.

see

I can do a detailed explanation if you want.

ATTENTION NEWFRIENDS

There is an npc in prontera named "Job Changer". He lets you bypass jobchange quests. However, if you do the job change quest, he gives you money and an equip. 40k and an accessory for 1st job 100k and a hat for second job. The equips are class specific.

Please put this in the OP next time.

Is there a way to enchant your weapon with ghost property? I can bring my time down to 9~10 seconds if yes. Does he cast Change to Holy Attribute automatically at a certain HP? If you lower his HP fast enough, can you bypass that?

What class?

If Soul linker sure, they can warm wind into Ghost property.

I also found these two swords.

ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=1182&small=1&back=1

ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=1141&small=1&back=1

but other than those I'm not sure.

I will keep answering lore questions if you have any.

>Doesn't have a Zerom card
I think I'll find my own lore, thanks.

These are your options. Also, immaterial arrow if you're an archer class.

Oh boy!

I spent so much time down there. I only stopped because I was pleaded to by another.

Meanwhile i'll be enjoying my scaraba cards :^)

You deserved better.

Unless they've made yet another change.

That's exactly it. I'll save zeroms for my orleans gloves :^)

Also, where the fuck are you With. we need you for thanatos basement

You would waste two accessory slots for something a single blessing gets?

You get a shit ton of INT and MATK and Dexterity from this wizard set.
Unless I'm reading wrong, with two of each of
Harthoon Heart and the set of boots and garment.
We are looking at.
+20 percent MATK
+2 DEX
+10 INT

99 INT
17 Job bonus
10 from this set
10 from blessing
4 from BG staff
That's 140 INT

Not counting shoe card slot
Shield
Headgears and armor

With

You can't use the two accessories and get the combo bonus from both. You'd need to use two garments and two shoes for that.

Also, scaraba is the only option for MATK in accessory since there's no +INT card. Zerom is better for cast time and getting that IC sure, but I'll just scaraba a bradium earring as filler before zerom orlean gloves+zerom harthoon heart.

With this in mind cont.

Yeah I looked it up.
You are right on the set bonuses.

So redone with this in mind.
99 INT
17 Job bonus
10 from bless
7 from the set
4 from BG staff
2 From isillia carded red Minstrel
2 from shield.

141 INT there.
Not counting armor or food buffs.
This still leaves us our armor card and a shield card. Which works great for having thara and unfrozen.

We could tune this to have 140 INT flat with the +3 Int BG staff which is better overall.

Don't forget +3 int valk armor :^)

For folks who never saw WoE.

To bastt: APPARENTLY MR. KIM IS KINDA UNCESSARY WHOOPS

Mal: your build should be looking like irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pro.html?10GKGNGAducskFdPgRkDrAdAgNaoeK

With, if you wanna keep sunset, bragi and apples it should look like irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/clw.html?10FXJkefcKGO2bakanbx

Why is it so hard for a skeleton to get an invite to the alt guild. I'm a bit rattled right now

You seem like a bit of a bonehead.
Why don't you pm S.Logan?

Yep that did it. I guess asking him on my main in ally chat went completely unnoticed. Cheers m80

Actually the equips are only HALF class specific. Any class can use them, so give them to your alts on the same account if they benefit from the stat bonus and you don't have any other trinkets for them during the grinding/levelling phase. Example: My Swordsman has both the Swordsman and Merchant Dolls, but doesn't get the bonus 5 crit from the merchant doll, just the +1 str.

I meant what you get is specific to your class. I.E. Swordsman gets something different than a theif.

Finally reached l99 this evening

thanks to everyone in the scarab party, even if our thanatos run was only a run in the sense that we all jogged to get to the gatekeeper.

Kill me Pete

I have the orcc emblem, i can gibe u

ORC
NTR
INCOMING

Make swordmaces nerd

ty bby i lub roo

Swordmaces deal less damage and don't come with a 1% chance to stun. Which is a shame because the idea of swordmaces is absolutely hilarious.

see me at pron lad, it's Bap

Fuck sakes. Roll two losses in BG, then internet shits itself in the third. forever level 98.

OK SO
I need 5x Black Dyestuffs. Is dye making the only way to get those besides dropping from Devilings?
Each dye would require 5x Mixtures and 5x Counteragents, can I only get those from the scientist in Geffen? Getting 10x Alcohol and 5x Karvodailnirol and Detrimindexta is pretty tough…

I have:
Black Dyestuffs x1
Alcohol x2
Karvodailnirol x1
Detrimindexta x4

I don't seem to have any use for those items, since what the fuck do I need with a level 99 ninja scarf?

I'll buy those from you if you're not going to use them

Sure, I'm currently on my hunter, Sterling. Wherever you want to meet to exchange. Don't sweat paying me a king's ransom or anything; I have no delusions on being able to buy +10 endgame gear.

You can also spam gift boxes, but without a myst case card you'll probably never ever find enough gift boxes to obtain them. Hunting the mats to just make them manually would be better.

Logan, when you wake up can you take Graendol off tax?

Rolonith here, I'll be hosting a BG chain for you remaining 89+ people later tonight.
I've got 30 keys, so on losses alone you guys should be able to buy a 5-Pack yourselves at the WoE vendors with the war points you earn every 6~ matches.

Oh boy, can't wait. We could chain this forever if enough people join in. Gonna set my alarm every hour, nap time.

We should set up some sort of scavenger hunt for needed items, for when we have nothing better to do. For instance, if I had the day off, I'd continue hunting for other people's needs.

I need Karvodailnirol for assassin stuff, your bored or something.

When I get off of work, perhaps. It's a stupid rare drop from spores, and I'm not capable of going to the labs where Removers drop it at 3%.

Alright, I'm free until dinner, let's start burning through BGs, starting with the hourly one at 5PM EST, in like 2 minutes.

We should all party up and genocide bio 1 sometime.

Poison spores are 1.5% and die a lot faster in a fuckeasy map, they're better to farm karvos

Funny how killing stuff without paying attention can work

rip the wizard

Now I only need 1 Alcohol
If you have one laying in your Kafra and you want to sell me pls reply

Fuck you. at least im farming brasilis dungeon for drops

forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/103508-ragnarok-lore-biolabs/

Was always wondering on the lore of the Biolabs, found this post.

God help us all.

irowiki.org/wiki/Rachel_Sanctuary_Quest.

We're planning on partying here for a bit soon. So if you haven't done this quest, get it started now.

I wonder if the regulars are sad that BG is alive again only for us to just rig it.

Its rigged by them. When I started doing BGs a few weeks back I was surprised to find them just dicing the whole time.

Alright, I feel like downloading this. Won't be able to play until late tomorrow though. Are there people that are still starting out? Hope it's better than iRO, my experience with that was… less than pleasant.

Even if you have no one in your early range we'll fast track you into the range of others.

Have you ever played RO before? If not you may find your self asking a lot of questions early on. Feel free to ask them here or in the guild assuming you'd like to join us.

Sorry I re read your post and I see you did play a bit of iRO. Ether way, this server has a bit of custom content so it might be a bit odd at first. again, feel free to ask and we'll do what we can to assist.

I'm planning on making a second, male account. I'd be fine going through another new character with you.

p lewd

Does anybody know if this runs on Windows 98? I assembled an old PC and I'd love to play this on it for maximum comfy aesthetic.

You're fucking insane

You can give it a try. It might work.

Alright, if the download stops being a huge nigger and stops failing at 20%, I wanna give this a shot. I've always been drawn to the idea of being a Super Novice because it sounds like a neat gimmick. I have no idea how this game particularly works, but having played other Korean grindfests in the past, I imagine I need a game plan if I'm going to attempt something this masochistic (stat allocation, items, quests, et. al.)

What's a good day one plan of attack to achieve my childhood autistic dream? What's a "good" stat allocation plan going in? I looked up a couple of guides for it, but I don't know how applicable they are to whatever version this server's on.

My personal advice is to make a separate character first.

A hunter or wizard or rogue, something easy to start up with and get gear and cash for your crusade as a manchild class. Everything else can be achieved through the guidance of guildmates.

hmm, I guess I subconsciously made it in imitation of my TERA layout but half assed it.

I can't see anything. What the fuck.

For those who haven't heard of Cu Chulain

I've put out a thread on the HeRO forums for a suggestion about letting mounted swordie classes use their normal sprite.
Feel free to go show some support if you want us to not be walking eyesores just so we can go slightly faster than the rest of you.

Someone throw out good names for my dullahan. Exoskeleton?

yooo you can catch dullahan on this server?

Name him BigMcLargeHuge

Dullahan are halloween pets. I bought an egg for 150k

I saw some dude selling those halloween pet box for like 100k each, didn't think they were legit

they were selling the egg itself, not the box. Do NOT buy the halloween boxes.

Qhat happen if u do and opens it

Dull Hand Luke.

Is it even worth the effort of maintaining a pet? Minor stat boosts don't seem worth the hassle of hunting and gathering whatever rare crap the most useful ones feed on.

Anywho, went hunting for alcohol, ended up getting a pantie after killing the second zerom I killed. If only undershirts were so easy (fuck you, RNGsus) to get.

if you open one when it's not halloween season, you get nothing. But that's just hearsay. I've never opened one of those boxes myself

Hey Logan, Polina here. Prisma says I have "max tax" and I'm losing 50% of my EXP. I don't know what the tax system is about, but can you look into that?

Absolutely, I found them to be great boon when starting over as a support class with no offensive abilities, as custom pets on this server actually fight for you when loyal.

Instead of grinding a merchant with a damascus hoping the pain to go away just let your pet kill them for you.

The only downside is that stronger custom pets require rarer food. I have a kasa egg and it eats flame hearts, if anyone has them I'd buy for 5k each due to how much of a pain in the ass to get them. Amn Mut drop them, gig too but these are on magma dun 2 and u dont wanna go there.

Dullahan is great because he's level 62 and only needs pumpkins which are 15 zeny each. I bet he'll be pretty good when loyal.

Oh yea I completely forgot some official pets can actually evolve, like poring becoming Masterporing and Peco becoming Grand Peco.

Is it still the case on this server?

A gorillion MMOs have come out over the decade with nearly all of them shut down and dead but this game still holds out after all these years even with its spiritual successor out. How does it do it?

It's not shit

That's the first I've heard of pet evolution so I dunno if it works on this server or not

Good music idk

Even Renewal happened to RO.
People just kept a sound foundation alive.

I need thara and raydric cards.

Sorry about that, it was meant for while you where still 99. I've taken care of it now.

I've bought one for 150k, opened the box, and I got nothing.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED SOME SORT OF REGULATIONS!

I hope for dewata party today, I'm almost 89 level.

I'd be down for that. I've got a wizard ready to go for that.

It's ok, I do agree that the admins are completely retarded and have no idea what they've done with this "Modified Official Content", they've made everything in the new world unnecessarily annoying and difficult to fight. Like how everything in the ygg tree apparently spams Dispel here.

What level wizard?

Well, it's really the only way you can keep adding content under Classic mechanics. You have to make it bullshit because otherwise it'll just get steamrolled by the best equipped players. All the new world stuff that came out on official servers right before renewal what hyper bullshit to the typical player. But for the well geared groups, it was just more stuff to kill.

Besides, there's a lot of content in RO. Some of it has to be ridiculous shit I think.

81. I just reset his skills and stuff to make him better for doing this stuff. so I hope it works out.

The cancer is worse than I thought.

Invite to guild plz. That faggot Lumilia knows me. My only skills are shit posting and standing in fire but I'll find a niche.

Whats your character name?

My bad, it's Figs

Is there a problem officer?

Anyone Able to get my Alt mage in the Guild Name: Saran Also have a friend who wants in as well Name: Gargoon.

Oh, that FUCKING ANNOYING SHITHEAD. Reeks of mentally-defective tranny. Always spamming chat and being a general fuck. There's always at least one in every MMO server.

My gripe with dolomedes is that it can't even reach me and when it does, i can just dodge its hits. There's no way it can me and yet i have to deal 5x less damage because I'm ranged, so it's just a fucking damage sponge at least it doesnt reduce falcon damage, thank god for autoblitz

I forgot how probably unintentionally hilarious this game was.

It's also a ridiculously good hat.

No worries.
If anyone didn't know what that meant like I did, the guild leader can set a tax rate that taxes your EXP gainz in order to rank up the guild or something.

Multiple chat windows is smart, though. I would have separated my chat from my combat logs ages ago if I had known you could do it.

You couldn't get me to do the novice wing quest again.

The fact that the wings are non-tradeable is proof of your suffering.

I was going to delete my supernovice-to-be and replace her with a dancer, then make a supernovice on my new male account.

The untradeable wings put a stop to that real quick. I ended up deleting my Soul Linker.

You can just open new tabs, you don't need to separate them into windows and eat up screen space.

Multiple windows is nice for keeping up with combat logs and chat at the same time.

the dialog froze and now i can't chat. relogging

type /fog

For some reason, that SS of being under a tree in that surrounding, it's so beautiful and comfy. This is despite knowing how old this game is.

here's the FS high priest build irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10gXdNsXdAhEbproqnkeInjScAJy

Will trade my green ferus card for 2 bradium earrings Yorgh?

although the server caps at 190 atk speed, have a true quality upload some son of a bitch uploaded of 199 atkspd,

I'm gonna make it big one day!

We're all gonna make it.

FRESH MEMES
You'll always have us, Westr!

A man can dream…

Sunday night I will have all of the free time IN THE WORLD. Maybe I can spend all my star bits properly or something.

Well you'll always have us, Westr!

You'll always have us, Westr!

Looking forward to when you'll be a big strong Paladin like me!

We're all gonna make it.

I don't know how to how to feel about this, thanks guys. Guess I know it's not so bad as I cry over some microwave dinner now.

no

It's amazing what a little art direction can do for a game. RO is primitive as fuck yet it feels more aesthetically pleasing than any online game I've played in years.

It's ok, we're all weebs

ps I'm gonna be gone most of tomorrow, you'll need to find another 80~ priest

Sir, baked macaroni and cheese is piss-easy to make, and women love a man who can make even a simple casserole such as this. Well, they used to. Now most women are insufferable retards.

I had that happen, and considered making a WHEN THE ACID KICKS IN image, but feh. Alright, time for sleep, as the sky is turning blue again.

Comfy while hunting dragons.

Oh, I wasn't saying I couldn't make something better, but my pantry is a little bare bones after moving. Now that you've said that though that's what I want. And me without my car…

We have a steam group for communicating with each other off of game.

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo

I seem to forget to mention it very often. Sorry about that.

Well I don't know the details of this dinner or how much it meant to you (I kinda get an idea thought), but I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all friends here. I, myself, am pretty well off and have plenty of "better" ways I could spend my time. I'm plenty content with spending it playing an old ass korean grindfest with a bunch of autists on a dead server. I make it a point in #ally regularly that I foresee great things because there's a lot of camaraderie You are a party of that, friend.

Less than 100 kills later
How's that zerom farm going Ask? :^)))

That's a very verbose card.

Video related to the conversation in #ally

It wasn't a huge thing really, it was celebrating a big move and my new job with a friend. While we were partying at the volcano I got a message that their partner was really sick and they'd have to cancel. So I was disappointed, but remarking the silver lining that my battle manual wouldn't go to waste after all.

It triggers me. "Small, Medium and Large type monsters" is all monsters! Which in turn is essentially all damage, right? Unless players or bosses bypass it.

Players should constitute as "medium monsters" and bosses should be large. Not sure if it applies to them or not. I do know in every instance an item says it's good against "demi human monsters" it's good against players.

Well you'll always have us, Westr!

It's okay, Dinner's for scrubs anyway.

It does apply to all monsters

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter#Mr._Hatter.27s_Card_List

Hatter card list for reference.

For Kei

did you run the patcher?

You mean form this?
Yes.

Logan, the two names for my friends are annika and Karlscissorhands, but Karl isn't on right now.

Not sure whats up. Some one else had this issue before, but I forget what was ether the fix or if they just gave up.

Firewall settings ok?

I didn't change any firewalls settings so
RIP

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Nobility

Well, I'm a noble now.

The Noble gem is pretty neat, you get to pick what stat you want to boost.

Can anyone post a skill build for a combo Monk? I'm kinda lost, especially what to focus on as Acolyte.

Battle aco is just max agi, max bless, max demon bane and the other demon resistance passive (required for monk passive Iron Hand). Any leftover throw into pneuma tree. Don't pick angelus it's useless

For monk just click on the combo finisher and blade stop tree to distribute points until you learn them. I heard that the higher your triple attack skill the stronger it gets but also lesser the times it activates. I was advised combo finisher shouldn't be maxed and leave at 5 because in the meta game it interrupts the autoattack, but do wait for an official guide.

Then you have investigate, MAX THAT. Don't get the sp recovery skill it's trash.

Combo Champ is the same except having two more skills to add to the combo. I didnt go this route so I don't know. PM Soab for a Spike Bat which gives you a whopping 50 crit but reduces your defense to 1/3.

I'd go for something like irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/mon.html?10akdxIxdAhFboHSbnqAak

Oh yea there's critical explosion, flee and summon spirit spheres too.

I get maxing heal is kinda unnecessary but putting point in cure? Why?

I always get it for utility, but i forget blind does nothing in pre-renewal (in renewal it reduces your hit and flee), so you can skip it

Putting 10 points into Raging Trifecta is kinda contentious though. Depending on who you ask, people prefer the lower dps of it in exchange for the higher odds of getting a combo going at 25%. Considering most of your damage comes from continuing your combo I put 5 points into RTB only and used the rest to get asura level 1.

Cheers. I'll have to reset then.

Don't do this
Go full combo monk or spritsphere asura hybrid or full asura.

Considering I am going to trans into Spirit Champion and I had five points leftover I did it as there was the odd moment it was useful.

Am I reading right, you're supposed to put points from Monk into Aco skills for pneuma?

What's so strange about it, it's listing skills from aco to monk.

I don't know, I never made a character that put points from the 2nd job into skills of the 1st job. Nevermind I suppose.

Shael i saw ur message but dc'ed before u logged i said thank u

The reason it states -15% damage from each size is because you combine reduction effects if they're the same type.

For instance, let's say you have a stone buckler, which gives you 5% damage reduction against large monsters. Now you have 15% against small, 15% against medium, and 20% against large.

How do I build a pure support acolyte? I have no idea how to build one, and I just have all these stat points just lying around.

Full int and then vit and dex.

I would like an invite to the guild, please. My character name is Hexbit.

Any veteran Stalkers have suggestions for what I should farm? I plan to be a Bow Stalker with Full Strip and I've got absolutely nothing in terms of gear for when I trans. I have a couple ideas for what I want to hunt for: Orc Archer Bow or a 25% chance for Rudra Bow from this quest irowiki.org/wiki/Level_4_Weapons_(Type_2)

I'm checking out Amatsu Dungeon to see if I can handle shinobi, and if I can get lucky with a ninja suit. I'd like to do Rachel Sanc runs for a beret into a feather beret. Beyond that, I don't know what I need to focus on. Maybe I shouldn't even be doing all this and instead farm garbage for zeny.

I can give you a chick hat I don't use.

I need help with something

I gotta choose between the Glorious Clever and the Glorious Morning Star. Everything between those 2 is exactly the same, besides the weapon type: one is an one-handed axe, and the other an one-handed mace.
With the mace, my ASPD with agi up and bless is 182.5 (aka 182) with 1 medal, and 187.5 with two medals (I will be using 2 medals until I can get the orcus combo). However, maces do 100% damage against Medium targets (those two have bonuses against Demi-humans, which are almost always Medium, and besides, I'll be using them in WoE/PvP). Therefore, with the mace I won't need to use Weapon Perfection all the time.
The axe, although it requires Weapon Perfection at all times, leaves my ASPD at 183.1 with 1 medal, which is great, but with 2 it's 187.9, which sucks a lot since it's a waste of .9.
The DPS difference between the axe and the mace with HSCR with 1 medal is of about 15% in favor of the axe, but again, requires WP at all times.
Fun fact, both break 190 ASPD at +9.

So I enjoy playing casters, previously played ninja and wizard, but I'm getting an itch to play something a little less squishy. If I make a FS crusader, would anybody be willing to help me level it up?

Sure. You could make a Creator as well, p tank in comparison to Ninja and Wiz.

Creator? What's that?

Alchemist

Sure, but the activation chance is still 20% at level 10, and you won't have sp for spamming the combos forever unless you're linked.

>Get through everything except the stones

Fuck this, I'll finish it tomorrow.
I don't know what I was expecting, but I envisioned masochism as "trying to kill shit and barely succeeding", rather than "successfully killing easy enemies and hoping that RNGsus loves me, yes, I know, for the Bible tells me so." Everyone in this quest is written like they're constantly holding up sporks, too.

ASPD counts decimal numbers, so .9 isn't a waste. Don't worry too much about that (Its only a waste if you go past 190). Smiths don't care about size modifiers since they have weapon perfection, you should have it up at all times regardless.
Also HSCR only takes raw attack into account in pre-renewal, so % damage modifiers won't work.

I can't afford to shit out potions with potion pitcher. Or really any of the other alchemy related things. I have a few bits of equipment and money to get a tank started.

Whenever Logan is free, add Cu Chulainn to the alt guild. I know the rules for the alt guild so this'll be my last add until I remove one of them.

Not entirely true, but close enough. HSCR has something like a 1300% damage modifier through cart weight at max rank, IIRC. Any +racial/size %cards like hydra or skel worker are simply added to that 1300%, rather than being multiplicative like with every other skill in the game they work for. So a quad bloody would only get you 1380% damage, which is entirely insignificant. It's why people, if they choose to run 1H axes, typically ran quad zipper bear orcish axes. But BG gear is broken as fuck anyways so you probably want to just run that at all times. It's your call honestly.

Also we need a new thread soon.

Hi I'm looking for a new MMO to play how hard would some of you anons say it is for someone who has experience in MMOs but none in this game to get into this? Also what is the guild name and what are the requirements for me to join? Is it active combat in the style where every time I press a button my character attacks or is it I just click a mob and my character auto attacks while I press buttons every once and awhile?

If you've played MMOs of the era, it shouldn't be anything too intense for you.
The only requirement to join the guild is to not be a faggot and keep your power level in check, besides that just post in the thread with your character's name.
Combat is somewhat active, depending on your class, and relies on click movement. Auto-attacking is optional, and makes disengaging difficult and dangerous due to the nature of the engine.

I'd say Ragnarok is easy to get into unless you're playing it completely blind and without help, in which case you might mess up a character and have to make a new one. Although this server has resets, both free (before level 40) and paid (with in-game currency), so you won't be punished very harshly for experimenting.

The guild name is infinityCircuit, with an guild for alts (to make use of allied guild chat) called InfinityAlternator. There's no requirement for joining other than having to join through this thread, it's up to you whether you join from the moment you leave the training grounds or just explore the game on your own until you're a decent level and feel you're ready to join us.

The combat, like said, depends on your class, but generally consists of auto attacks or spamming one/two primary damage skills of your choice, and utility skills.

Don't forget to mention if he just wants to click and forget (though it's almost impossible until fully geared), there are classes that cater to that style, name thief line, agi build knights, snipers, etc. The right sniper build lategame can have you walking around, AAing everything without getting hit except for certain tougher mobs/minibosses like Thor Guardians, etc.

B-Best day ever!

Combat is diablo like

A +6 Glorious Clever beats a +10 Orcish Axe with 4 Zippers on HSCR by about 10%, and much more when attacking, against a LK with 100 vit and regular gear, and I imagine it's even a higher difference against a top geared character.

If you consider the defense ignoring, then yeah. But you could always just get an ice pick for high vit characters :^)

Is it safe to run installer from the heRO website? Antivirus popped this on me.

Probably false positive

Yeah my bad.

WORDZZZLE EVENT NOW

Lewd

WORDZZLE TIME BOIS
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=227663076

It was so fucking easy with this spreadsheet. And I filled like 10 new words into it too

NEW THREAD