I've inherited a property in Santa Fe, New Mexico from my grandfather...

I've inherited a property in Santa Fe, New Mexico from my grandfather. I haven't visited NM in years and currently live many states away. I know NM is very injun and beanerific but how bad is it really for a huwhyte man? Can any guys in the American Southwest report on the status of the deportation squads? My frame of reference is AZ and NM around 2006-7.

Other urls found in this thread:

santafecountynm.gov/assessor/online_tools/estimate_property_tax
zillow.com/homedetails/0-Wagner-St-Alger-OH-45812/2094302541_zpid/?view=public
zillow.com/homedetails/9999-Cr-10-Ada-OH-45810/2100643123_zpid/?view=public
youtu.be/s88cI9JDEGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was friends with a gun-nut furry for several years and he ended up despising Trump. He drank the kool-aid, has a background in developmental psychology, and thinks gender is amazing. He doesn't seem to realize that if you break a fucking federal law you will go to jail or be removed from the country holy fuck this isn't complicated. As far as I can tell, that place is pretty pozzed.

Turn the site into a fallback position. Begin occasionally visiting and setting up a cache for emergency items.

New Mexico never seemed to be a popular crossing point compared to Texas and San Diego. The desert there is much harsher and there's less civilization in general. If the property is remote you can probably build a nice bunker out there for cheap. Set up a windmill and condensers and get a hydroponic farm going for fun.

Fill it with landmines. Put up some tents and a sign that says "Bienvenidos a los mexicanos".

Never sell property. Keep it, put it to use. Do whatever with it, but don't give it away. Depending on how large it is, turn it into a farm, a home, or even just a stash for stuff to fall back on like says. The uses of a piece of property, once you have it, are infinite. But try to avoid getting banks involved, they'll just give you a land-grabbing interest scheme with the intent to take it away.

No one knew society was so complicated.

Permaculture can turn desert into forest. If you've got money for some earthworks projects, go ahead and set up a homestead there.

Sounds like you were the neghole, m8.

Set up a bunker, OP.
Build a small cabin with a small septic system. Buy freeze dried meats (good for 25+ years) and stock it with food, some cheap rifles and water.
Beyond that, do what says and make it a homestead.
Wish I had a parcel of free land. Have fun with it, OP.

Uh… what about property taxes? If OP inherited something worth more than a trailer it won't be cheap to just sit on it.

Undeveloped land?
Depending on how much land, it should be really cheap.
I have a half acre in a township and I pay about $120 a year. If he can't come up with a few hundred bucks a year, he needs to quit being a poorfag and get a job.

City limits or city itself? Santa Fe is sorta gay but if you would be living in a house you own instead of renting go for it. Southwest is getting California pozzed but that's more Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Texas than New Mexico. If you have kids the school systems suck, and if you're a Christian the churches are a mixed bag. If you're from the North and aren't used to spic churches and are a Catholic try visiting before you decide to move. Best of luck OP.

Rent it out and buy a fertile plot in the northwest.

Developed or something in the dozens of acres is probably more likely than half and undeveloped acre I would wager.

First off, OP needs to come back and tell us more about the property.
I'd happily set a trailer up on it for an emergency and pay OP a certain amount to do so.
It seems that depending on the county, the development of the land, and property value on the land, the property tax is either low or non existent. However, if there is a home worth at least 50K on it, (And this is just a general rule) Then total property tax comes out to like 470 a year. But when I tried setting it to zero on the property tax calculator, it noted that the minimum value of the assessed property or home had to be 50K. So I imagine that if it is below that, the tax is zero.

You won't have to worry about natives to much up in Santa Fe other than the times when they're all up there selling jewelry to the white tourists (there are two big native/spic art shows every year). There are a lot of beaner cholo gangster types in the poor area of town but for the most part its a lot of preppy white people and white hispanics (aka spics larping as whites).
Traffic sucks a fat one in town because a lot of the main roads are just paved on top of old horse trails, and the commute to Albuquerque which when the roads are clear, takes 35 minutes will take you double that if you choose to drive during wagecuck rush hour time.
The food/restaurants are great but you may get burnt out on New Mexican style foods. They have a few whole foods type places there and the farmers market is pretty awesome.
Lot's of out doors stuff to do as well, and you only have to be outside of city limits and 100 yards away from a building to be able to shoot at cans and old TV's and stuff so that's cool.
Just watch out for the skin walkers user.

OP made it sound like he's got a few acres outside of Santa Fe. That's my impression.
Shouldn't be expensive at all unless there's a house on it. If there's a house on it, yes, the taxes would be higher. OP said "land" so I assume no house. Outside city limits should be really cheap to own land. If you never pull permits to put your cabin up, it will always just be "land" for tax purposes.
Some places have no permits and his taxes would be extremely cheap.

lol no

It depends on the assessed value of the property. Assessed value is usually lower than the market value or insurance value. Whatever the assessor says it's worth.
If the assessor says his land is worth $50k and it's vacant, it looks like he would be in the ballpark of $470.93 for Santa Fe non-residential/vacant land.
santafecountynm.gov/assessor/online_tools/estimate_property_tax

That's yearly, of course. They usually break it down into two payments. One in the summer will be probably $200 or so and a second tax bill will come at the beginning of the year which would be $270 or so.

Also, OP. Get the property in your name ASAP. Without the property in your name, you can't technically build any structure needing a permit. You also can't sell it or do much with it if it's still in your grandpa's name. Get the deed transferred if it isn't already. It will just make everything easier if you ever plan to do something with it.

Speaking of land, I should start saving up to buy some land here in Southern Ohio. I need a good fall back position in State if shit ever hits the fan or if I want some good country property to camp on. Living on the lake is nice, but if shit ever gets real, people will be flowing up this way from Dayton and Columbus. Too accessible.

If you just want recreational property, go with a land contract. Try to avoid getting a (((mortgage))). If possible, pay cash, but if you need a loan, go with a land contract. No interest, just make sure the contract doesn't come with a "balloon," meaning the price inflates after a short time.

Land contracts seem like a good idea. I'm just looking for a nice little hideaway with a self built cabin or even just a "Camp site" where I can toss on a camper, then slowly build it to be a bit of a SHTF shelter of sorts. Or even just a "You know what? Fuck it I'm out" kind of place.
Either way, I'd want a plot where I can bury a cache, put up a cabin or even just put on a camper and then off grid the whole arrangement.

Land contract would probably be best. If you have the cash laying around (not many of us do), that would be best.
Otherwise, check craigslist for land contract /innawoods/ properties. You'll have it paid off in 10 years or less and it will be yours with only a small amount of money coming out of your pocket every month and none of it going to the Jew.

Yeah I have 2000 unbound by any obligations for my past (I lived in Maryland, and relocated to Ohio because I was basically broke and living off credit). And by April 2018, will have a bit more money per month. Though I'm also looking at better paying jobs too (Right now I make 18 an hour, which isn't bad, but I'd like to have 800 a week after taxes normally.
After I get everything paid off (Within 3 or 4 years easily) I'd be pocketing a lot more in the end.
Either way, I'd like to at least get the hidey hole squared away and then I can focus on the more long term thing. Trump bought us 8 years, but nothing is guaranteed after that.

Let's be real here. He bought us four years. Get it together quickly. Next election might actually be rigged. This one was too, but he beat it somehow.
If we get 8 years, great. But I only anticipate having 4 years of Trump just in case.
If you can, overpay your monthly payment and pay it off early. Just get the land in your name and everything else will fall into place.

Be careful picking a location. Rural places have big benefits but they have no ability to absorb trash. When you live rural it takes one refugee resettlement (don't pretend it won't happen to you because it could) to fuck your shit up royally. A city with the capacity to draw away and absorb trash is a big asset. Same goes for money. Twin falls is owned now by that faggot Kurd who imported rapist muslims because his Chobani jobs are the only game in town. Financial and Human buffers are critical.

Refugees don't settle /innawoods/, user. They can't get their gibs in the middle of nowhere. I live in Michigan. The sand niggers stay in Dearborn, they don't move to Kalkaska.

All it takes is one asshole with money to make it happen. Cheap land is attractive to buyers big and small. There are innawoods congo niggers at a new compound in the town over from mine for precisely this reason.

Refugees go wherever they're told to go by the (((ones who import them)))
.t Euro

I figured you were a Euro.
You need to understand how big America is.
The places we are talking about are absolutely nowhere. Michigan's upper peninsula has nothing. There are no stores to buy food. If refugees came, some very obvious infrastructure would have to be installed.
That would take years. You'd have time to cash out and move.

It's not just in Europe.

I know. We have problems here. Big ones.
But America is so large and there are so many open spaces with nothing. And I mean nothing.
If you dropped refugees off in rural southern Ohio, they'd starve to death. You would need stores, houses, mosques… These things would take years to build. You'd be able to see the refugees coming and sell your land quickly and move somewhere else.

I like this idea.

I'm not that euro guy, check IDs. I live in a more rural and poorer state (no dox :^) ) and it happened here in a one stoplight town, and unincorporated areas. I used to think it was enough but the speed at which this all happened has really shook my worldview.

Why not convert a van into a sleeper safe house? You could rig up solar panels to keep the AC running without killing the battery.

To put not too fine a point on it, if you dropped them anywhere, the city would shame them until they find legitimate work and stop making a problem for themselves. We have a few rather recent immigrants in my home town and frankly, they are a bit more well liked than nig nogs who have been here since their ancestors were brought in.

I'm reluctant to settle too close to a city though. I worry about major routes that could be used by people attempting to flee. Ideally I'd like one or two buffer towns at minimum and a plot of land that's off main roads and possibly even set back into the woods enough so that I can set it up with camouflage in order to make the place seem unappealing to those who are just looking for a hide out and possible source of food and supplies.

Of course, this also figures into having it be unappealing until you wander into the kill zone.

I don't think you understand what we mean by "/innawoods/."

Be ready to get royally fucked by taxes bud.

see

You could have barren land and use it to stash your stealth sleeper van.

Technically, if you didn't pull a permit to build something, it's vacant.
A piece of land with a camper or small cabin on it is considered vacant.

Well with a camper van you would have a bug out vehicle. NM is death in event of SHTF.

I like the idea of a bug out vehicle that can refrigerate food,have a hot shower,and cook food.

The land is where you would store stuff. Perhaps in a root cellar to keep things cool.

Underrated post. I kek'd.

The only issue you'd have with NM is water and your ability to take the heat. If OP can have a well dug, he's golden.
Everything else can be solved.
Electricity? Solar panels and maybe a small wind turbine hooked up to a 12v dry cell system.
Water? He's got the well.
Food? You guys need to look into freeze dryers. You can keep raw meats good for 25 years without refrigeration. You can make your own MREs for cheap. Not just beans and rice hobo food. But I mean a freeze dryer will keep meals and raw foods good for a quarter century.
Refrigeration is nice, but if it's only to keep fresh food, you can go a long way by freeze drying your own shit.
If you need secure storage, put a Conex on the land and bury it to keep it cool like a cellar.

A garbage state for garbage people literally everywhere except the mountain communities around Taos and the Colorado border and those are full of libshit hippies and tourists. If the property is a house then rent it and if it's land then hang on to it as it appreciates because sooner or later someone is going to want to build something on it.

Fuck New Mexico.

Sleeping in a van in the middle of the desert sounds like a downgrade from just about everything.

Oops.

I've been doing some reading too. More for my own curiosity but also for general information purposes.
If NM user were to get a few head of cattle (For whatever reason he chose to) he could make a biogas unit to generate methane, which can then be stored and used to power a small generator. This would be on top of a solar and wind power unit. In doing so, all electrical requirements would be met. Add to that the cost of building a rather ok sized cabin (8 grand) and you have an off the grid house ready to go.
I was exploring biogas because in Ohio, solar is kind of a summer only affair, and wind power is good for the winter, but it would be nice to have a 24/7 solution that is self refilling.
Add to that, Ohio has a decent growing season that would allow for a wide variety of plants to be grown, preserved, and stored. Then, round it out with a dozen and a half chickens, a few goats, and a few cows, and you have a fully self sufficient system. The only real downside is cotton and denim for clothing. But there are likely alternatives even I haven't thought about yet.
I'm from the country though, so I'm already making a few assumptions:
Septic tank for grey water and the usual excrements, a well for fresh water, and a softener system to protect the pipes and water tanks. In lieu of that, rain water collection and creek mini hydroelectric are also options that are feasible in Ohio.

bundie ranch 2.0 or go home

Is it even possible to raise cattle on your own land without being murdered or the cattle stolen/murdered by TLA's? I was thinking about buying land myself but I can't afford much larger than two acres /innawoods/ being poorfag.

You've been had.

Explain your reasoning.

Fucking newfag.
THIS IS CONFIRMED A SLIDE THREAD

Oh wow it's a real schizophrenic!

2 acres is a lot if its productive land, you don't need 40 and a mule y'know.

OPs that post and leave, never to return to the thread and continue to discuss, are board sliders, shekelstein.

Your right but I also need to be able to afford to build everything myself on it after I buy it. Of which I could only buy half a acre and then build everything myself. Land is fucking expensive for a poorfag even knowing how to make almost everything yourself.

Even with OP doing a drive by. There's been some good conversation so far.

I've been looking at this diagram (pic related) for a home cabin, and it's doable.
I personally prefer a proper wood framed building over say a pool barn home (This is actually a thing) and literally anything but a trailer.
I notice it's usually better to start from the ground up with the assumption that your home will be entirely off grid rather than making assumptions about it being on the grid from the get go.
So… I've more or less got the basics worked out as far as I can tell. Biogas plant for a generator, Solar, and Wind that run to lead acid batteries (Deep cycle) and then basically go HE on the standard goods.
I was also thinking LED lights would be a great low energy high illumination source. Though heating is where things start getting wonky.
As for food, you are looking at chickens, rabbits, (Quick and rapid proliferation) with goats, a few pigs, and a few cows to round it out. In terms of land area, you can hold all of them on a good acre of land. Using half an acre gets you into 2 person family sufficiency when it comes to foods. However, I'd still wan a good barrier of woods between myself and others, so I'm thinking about 5 or 10 acres. Luckily, that much land is plentiful in West central Ohio as well.

I wanna say personally, that since op decided to board slide, how about we then just make the thread useful? It's kind of hard finding prepping talk these days, and I personally would appreciate the feedback and tips.

What's your budget? You might want to look into adverse possession if it's less than 1k.

Just remake the thread if you don't like the replies OP. I gave good advice and so did other posters.

Your correct in your surmising so far. Except for water. I caclulated it out. On a flat surface with 2cm of rain you would need to dedicate an acre(yes a whole fucking acre) to pot all the water you would need in a year(like say in new mexico). That comes out to be 22,000 gallons or so of water in rain for the year. If you shit in a hole in the ground your good to go watering and drinking from that. Your problem is storage. My cheap man's way of doing that was originally to dig a pit. Line it with double layered plastic bags that I melt together using heat. And bam I have a near above ground well not needing electricity. I just would have to cover it to prevent bugs and moss growth. I said two acres because one dedicated to water and potting. Half an acre to growing food. A quarter to housing humans. And another quarter to housing livestock.

Also if you bought land in a wooded area things change dramatically as you don't need as much space dedicated to rain. Like half an acre is overkill in said situation. You also can use the trees to make your own house if your /fit/. Just buy the nails and your electrical equipment for sanding. You can make polish from the sap of remaining trees for longetivity. The problem is price. Wooded areas in the northern parts of murcia are much more expensive than middle of fucking no where new mexico.

What's that? Also my budget is 21,000 us fiat.
Don't recomend anything illegal. I have been trying to find a legal and lawful way to do this all on a budget and it just doesn't seem possible.

When it comes to water I made the assumption of the water table and an electrically powered well. Which I can do here in Ohio due to the majority of rural areas being reliant on well water.
I'm going to use the following link as a generalized example. Now this is actually on the low side, so I'll also reference some higher land which I've selected from my area of the state.
zillow.com/homedetails/0-Wagner-St-Alger-OH-45812/2094302541_zpid/?view=public
As you can see, land is rather available. I'm not a big fan of this particular parcel, but the overview describes some good details about it that's worth noting.
The acreage and amount per acre is rather decent given the land availability itself. In Ohio, most land is dedicated to agriculture when you leave the city, so vast amounts are actually in the hands of maybe 10 to 20 families per county. This doesn't describe the individual homes that just sit on one acre sites not being utilized for agriculture though. Nor does it factor in the rather sizeable amish population either. In this one acre of land though, all the basic requirements are checked off:
Enough open land for development.
High water table.
Ease of access to a town (Due to it being close to a road)
Lax building codes that allow cabins instead of proper houses.
Size enough for a septic tank.
zillow.com/homedetails/9999-Cr-10-Ada-OH-45810/2100643123_zpid/?view=public
This too is a good example of the type of land available. Albeit, the location is a bit further to the north and closer to a city that I would rather not be close to, it still has enough that one can build and go self sufficient on and the price isn't all that bad either.
That's the thing about Ohio. Land can move for the cheap. Most people develop near the cities and towns, though for someone like us, it's not that difficult to find good land a bit off the beaten path.

You find a house owned by some overseas chink that has an overgrown lawn and maintain it. If you arent evicted in X years it becomes yours. Also applies to land plots but most of those are owned by people who would probably shoot you.

That's enough, easily, if you were willing to move.

Why would you want to be anywhere near a road? Especially one semi-close to both chicago and jew york? I would take the new mexico property over that. Also I couldn't afford those and then afford to move and to buy what I need to start building. Fucking jewbucks.

Well here's the thing.
When looking at road access the degree of danger decreases based upon the road type:
(Most to least)
Interstate
U.S. Route
State Route
County road
Single access (Gravel path)
Being on the road, though, is a bit of a misnormer. while the property can border a road, the actual use often sits back a fair distance unless if the parcel is less than an acre, then you're well and boned.
The numbers I'm talking about though are ranges and 6 grand for one of the property types I described is the more typical price for a wooded 1-2 acre lot that's actually set back from the road. Again, keep in mind I just used those two as examples of some kinds of land available. Not the examples of land I actually want to buy.
Further, they also share a number of commonalities that are important:
Water table depth, allowance of septic systems, building codes that allow for an off the grid home that is non intrusive in nature and a serious step up from camper on land.

do you have the mineral rights >?
youtu.be/s88cI9JDEGI

Nice idea, but it's the Southwest. That's most likely where the shit is going to be coming from. There's a reason why certain types went to Montana.

What kind of shit advice is that? It costs money to own property. Taxes and upkeep. That's why a home isn't an asset. It doesn't generate revenue unless you rent it out which carries it own headaches.

You mean a mortgage? haha. Is that the scheme you're referring to? Why the fuck… it was willed to him, it's his now. Take your meds. You're having flashbacks to when daddy lost the family farmer and start drinking and touching your sister.

Unless you're some cubicle dwelling geek, spend your winters there, OP.

You're many kinds of retarded.

most illegals go straight north because NM has already been shit up by the local mexicans. stay away from Abq because it is where all the blacks go

saged because OP never replied

You could try setting it up as a private New Mexico hunting grounds for local wildlife. Create feedlots to attract game, build a hunting cabin with space for customers to sleep in bunks and rent the place out or give guided tours. If you have the startup cash and know-how, hunting trips are big money.

This. The old people are pozzed, the young people have experienced enough 'diversity' to be largely pozzed.
Mexicans are half and half, more like a quarter good and the rest shit.
Pls come and make white family.
Also fuck McCain.