Remember the waifu wars...

Remember the waifu wars? Remember when Inafune seized the moment and promised us a megaman-like game in the wake of capcoms abuse of the series? Well, lets not talk about that.

Broken hearts thread general I guess.
What game are you still waiting for Holla Forums?
What cancelled game still hurts to think about?

I remember when everybody thought MN9 was gonna look even remotely like those nice concept paintings.

Battlefront 3, a good 3D fallout besides New Vegas, and most of rare's games that got shitcanned after the microsoft acquisition.

When MN9 was first conceptualized, we were all really excited and optimistic. New mega man was finally happening, under a different name, but still by the man who started it all.

It's become apparent that the mega man games were good in spite of his influence, rather than because of it.

The game I was hyped for was actually released, and it was shit from a narrative perspective.

Let me guess, phantom pain?

Yes, I mean, the gameplay gets repetitive, but it is because of the way the narrative works, mechanically speaking is good, but hell I hate Kojima.

Legends managed to make this setting cool years before Wind Waker fucked it up and got ridiculed for it.

drift stage

their second demo fucking blows
i cant believe HOW FUCKING RETARDED IT IS
FIVE LEFT CORNERS
A FUCKING CIRCLE
BOOSTING NEVER EVER

Yeah, Windwaker is the thing that made that setting and scenario shitty.

I consider Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNet to be the spiritual successor of Megaman Legends. More like predecessor, but whatever.

Was Waterworld ever popular in japan?

It's a severely underrated movie, very imaginative and well executed. I wish there was a sandbox open world game based on it.

You pretty much posted the game I was genuinely looking forward to and was waiting for. Only for it to be canceled

FOR FREE

Japan has a still active attraction/play of Waterworld at Universal Studio themepark

One of the more recent updates (a couple months after demo 2) they said they completely redid the drifting because of all the complaints about how badly they fucked it up for the second demo. So hopefully that got better.

I almost gave up on it when that disgusting character won the polls. I wanted the indian.

Am i the only one that thinks that the MMZ fanbase isn't part of the megaman fanbase?

I've been a MMZ fan all my life, the only other megaman games i like aside MMZ 1-4 are Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent, basically the games that feel the closest to MMZ.

I've never felt part of the megaman fanbase.
I never gave a fuck about the mainline games.
I didn't give a shit what Inafune was doing, even back when Holla Forums had faith in him.
I never got hyped for all these "extra" projects nor was i let down from anything that came out of it.

Are we MMZ fans just a "separate thing"?
I never felt involved in all this shit.
Hell, somehow the last game that felt sorta similiar to what i'm actually interested to was MGR, despite being a completely different genre, maybe us and classic megaman fans straight up don't play these games for the same reasons in terms of gameplay.

Blessing in disguise, remember that it was being developed by Rockman Xover-era Capcom and that the character poll was probably rigged to the outcome Inafune wanted

Nah, you're an outlier in some capacity. Am I right in assuming that you don't care about the story? You might just only like one type of gameplay that the series has to offer.

MMZ is part of the mainline. It also plays similar to MMX.

MMZ's a fairly wild departure even from the more "mature" Mega Man X, also your series actually received an ending instead of a shit attempt at one in the vein of X5 (though it certainly fucking tried to go out with a whimper with Z3, Omega's fight sucked donkey dick). Ended on a high note too, Zero 4's the best of the series if you ask me. ZX3 never ever

probably yes, i would rather get another Z or ZX than an X or classic mega man game BUT i still want to see more mega man over all as an IP because that means sooner or later i get another game i like. Can't really say i am prat of a "fanbase" tho, since i don't care much about the plot of the games, i only care about 2 things: Gameplay and blond girls in red dresses

I don't care too much about the story but i did enjoy certain moments in the plot.
Zero hanging in the ruins being rescued at the start looking broken and abandoned, or him wrecking shit in the desert all alone, the best way i can put it is that MMZ had very nice "scenes" that are cool on their own, i might not the very interested in the overall plot but i do like those individual moments and they do enrich the characters.

Talking about ZX, i'm getting a N3DSXL soon actually, i hope the ZX games look good on it.

I guess if you count "Cancelling a game that wouldn't have sold well anyway based on it's fracnhise sales history being basically 'fuck' and 'all' by Misadventures that would've only reached 100,000 in sales after an entire fiscal year if not longer on a platform that isn't selling well" and "cancelling an aimless project that doesn't even know what kind of nostalgia it's pandering to because we're putting Ryu and Arthur in it for some reason, isn't this a Mega Man project!?" as well as "Korean developer reshuffles development priorities and cancels the project since they no longer develop PC MMOs" as abuse…

Yeah and so does Universal Studios Orlando and Hollywood. The play is a lot better because of audience interaction and because it wasn't as shit as the movie. Hell, it's way more exciting compared to that snooze fest.

Mega Man fans are fucking stupid, myself included.

They're sprite-based so they won't really look too different even if you don't hold select or whatever the button combo was for DS games to boot in their original resolution, but on the other hand that means being stretched to shit from the larger screens will have no visual impact.

That MMO still stings, it looked pretty cool from what I saw of it and it would've made a way better "crossover of everything" project than Xover. Would've gone into stuff the actual games never did to boot, I remember it talked about Bass and that apparently he was on par with super-early Reploids in terms of raw general output as well as having legitimate free will.

Haha, what the fuck?

shame what happened to early access. something that coulda been used to keep obscure studios that tread the line between life and death afloat

He didn't, he just had different priorities than other Robot Masters at the time. His first directive is to defeat Mega Man, meaning he can disobey Wily, if it fits that end.

MMO claimed it, though that's a moot point since it's a never-ever now. Bass is a "maybe" depending on how you interpret his prime directive, though there's Proto Man as an example of a RM with uncontested free will.

You missed one.

You need to be 18 to post here

The GBA was released in 2001

Mega Man Zero was released in 2002

if user started playing video games when he was 4 years old he would be around 19. but nice dubs mr bateman

….

I actually started on a Commodore 64 when i was a baby, but yeah, even -if- one started in 2002 he'd be of age by now.
We're all getting old and most of us will die soon.
And some people on Holla Forums will welcome their one way trip to balamb garden with open arms at this point, i'm sure.

*POWERS UP WITH THE POWERS OF THE BLACK PEOPLE NIGGER DAB*

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

*GROWS STRONGER AND STARTS GLOWING BLACK (LIKE A NIGGER)*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*DESTROYS ALL THE EVIL POLICE*

NIGGER….
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However this ends, I eagerly await the conclusion.

WHAT, YOU DOUBT MY POWER?
I'LL SHOW YOU A DRIVE LIKE NO OTHER

A DRIVE

TO CHIMP OUT!

Bring it, cuckalopod.

IF YOU DARE TO MOCK THE POWER OF AN UNDERWATER OVERLORD (AN UNDERLORD IF YOU WILL) [OR JUST NEGROMANCER] THEN YOU WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES

world war 2 was a chimpout by the germans

WORLD WAR 2 WAS A BIPRODUCT (OR IS IT BYPRODUCT I DON'T FUCKING KNOW I NEVER PASSED FIFTH GRADE) OF JEWISH CONSPIRACY AND CONTROL OF THE ECONOMY

AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT Holla Forums SAYS

I PERSONALLY JUST THINK HITLER RAN OUT OF LIVERWURST AND THOUGHT THE JEWS HAD THE BEST RECIPES FOR IT

Bring it. Don't let us down on your power-up shenanigans.

Sorry but my powers have been sent to this bag of mayo, you will direct your answers of questions you have asked to him.

*hello i am mayo*

This is starting to become a interesting derail.

Hey Mayo, aren't you past your expiration date?

*actually i'm in a perpetual state of life and death, if I leave SSJ17GSS Squidward's side (I must remain in 1 foot contact of him) I will expire, my jar will erode, and the entire room will stink like shit*

*in this form however, I am a jar of amazingly tasty mayonaisse that never goes bad or runs out*

If you are so mighty, where are your dubs?

Besides Legends 3, I was also interested in this one, Kaio King of pirates. Might be funny to see such cute characters in a game that was going to be a retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. But, just like Legends 3, maybe it was never supposed to be…

he doesnt look that angry, in fact he looks like hes having a grand old time

I'll always take solace in the fact that we at least have Gotcha Force, which seems to be a retooling of the Legends engine and G Red getting Volnutt's run animations. At least, I thought so. Anything to keep the dream alive…

t-thats incredible

It's autistic, It's entertaining autism but it's autistic.

because they get to pretend theyre cultivating thought provoking discussion

unfortunately when politics is a war for minds they can do battle by communicating, which is what the internet is meant for, really.
nobody has any reason to hold back on an anonymous imageboard. left or right.
i just hope honest to god Holla Forums anons are capable of thinking for themselves instead of blindly following one group or the other.

I assume mods are afraid of banning political shitflinging because they don't want to deal with the resultant tantrums about being censored, that or they've got a soft-spot for Holla Forums

As someone who got super heavy into the pol shit I can testify personally that there exist a good chunk of people who blindly follow it just to give them a sense of community.

Wasn't really all that sociable growing up, so being able to condemn everyone I wasn't friends with for dumb reasons like being 'degenerates?' fuck yeah nigga sign me the fuck up haha time for moral high ground.

It's fucking gay.

I'm going to say it's a bit of both really.

well, any one of us that came from halfchan likely came to get away from overbearing moderation. crying censorship in that case wouldnt be far fetched, though we do usually have a Holla Forums thread up. on a "completely unrelated" note we also usually have a /furry/ thread up.

fullchan Holla Forums is a decent place to pick up sheep though. Holla Forums is no stranger to jewish tricks, and lately the left have been more vocal about and involved in tampering with video games.
but guess who else hates video games and electronic entertainment in general?

The problem therein lying with bringing Holla Forums subjects and discussion into unrelated boards, not even bothering to relate them to the board's typical subject, and then crying censorship when it's removed. Compare to repeatedly trying to start discussion about exercise routines outside of /fit/ without relating back to the board subject.

There's obviously wiggle room for such things, a thread every so often or bothering to relate it back to the board subject, but when it becomes a boardwide phenomena to the point you have people actively getting frustrated with the unwanted crossposting it should be time to put your foot down.

Well I miss a lot Little King's Story, one of my favourite games stuck forever on the Wii.

Oh wait its coming to Steam this week. It must suck being you.

Also WW was best Zelda, fuck your shit taste

I think you're in the wrong thread, friendo.

Tell me more, perma-triggered naziboo prick.

Why did you take the bait?

Although i'm perfectly aware this is pure nostalgia since the game isn't even that good, Kya: Dark Lineage deserved a fucking sequel

KUNG
FU
CUT
MAN

I wanna fuck that

By the way, if anyone sees a game posted and there's simillar that scratches that itch, please post it.

Good games only survive if people play them.

I'm big into the plot, which is why X ending at Command Mission/8 and ZX at Advent is like torture to me.

Even Archie Megaman can't get a conclusion. It's a curse.

Going by Archie rules, he has the same situation as Bass, only to the Nth degree as he wasn't programmed with a directive other than to be Light's son.

Spirit Tracks best Zeldo

So doesn't that effectively mean that all of the androids in MM would have free will as long as they aren't programmed with a directive or are programmed with a general enough directive like "do what ever you want"?

Fucking vampires isnt good for your health user.

if they were programed with that they would not know what it is that they want other then to do what they want.
They would probably crash

Guess Proto Man's a walking free-will question in and of himself even by Archie rules since with that his directive is so astronomically vague that he could do absolutely anything he wants and still be fulfilling his purpose, or lack thereof.

Not really, within the parameters of their personality they'd probably find something to do but if they were explicitly built to have a vague or nonexistent directive they'd probably just be lost and start wanting one. They're fully aware they're still robots, after all, more tools than people.

WHAT THE FUCK

That yellow shit's his scarf, not hair, user

Or are you thinking of a different red robot

we would be best friends user.

A piece of what made The Megas's History Repeating: Red so comfy

They have that happen a bit in the early Archie comics, some robot is seperated from it's owner and it keeps trying to go to him until Elec Man tells him to stay put temporarily. It's actually why the Robot Masters are called that, they essentially seem to have moderator powers over other bots.

That's why he left, Light was considering what might happen if he left Blues' directive so vague, and debated changing it. Blues overheard him and that's what started this mess.

Being the prototype, light outdid himself and accidentally free will.

The robot masters can resist their programming to an extent as well, seen when megaman tries to reason with the reprogrammed lightbots and they start infighting.

Quake Woman a qt.

Eh even then Proto never really lost it, matter of fact he made a point of it to help out Megs even if typically in cryptic or not immediately helpful fashion. Closest he came was going to Wily for structural help and repaying the favor by helping him as Break Man for a while and even then he learned his lesson since he was trading one faulty time-bomb power supply for another.

I just wish we'd get some kind of finality for the Classic or X series.

never ever

Closest we've gotten to it is Roboenza in MM10 which is probably some precursor to Zero's virus, even though its effects seem to range between "flu" and "berserker"

At least X has the backstory of Zero to explain some stuff, but Classic has zip. Capcom needs a reformation.

He's just baby-faced, just like that singer Paul Williams.

Classic's basically got nothing bridging it and X besides a couple off-hand mentions of Zero at least once or twice, I remember in one of the arcade games (that apparently take place after MM8 since Duo's around and people know him) Bass's ending shows a silhouette of Zero as a new super-robot Wily's actively working on. Then there's the Roboenza thing that's probably a prototype for Zero's virus given the Maverick-like behavior it causes in most robot masters.

If Inafune weren't limp-wristed and contradictory about Zero's role in the classic series then a Zero-caused cataclysm would function neatly as a vague bridge between Classic and X in the same way fending off Omega and Weil functions as a vague bridge between X and MMZ, but I remember he poopoo'd the whole notion saying Zero wouldn't do that even if virused up and not in control of his behavior like he was in X5.

Reminder that if Super Adventure Rockman is canon, which it seems to be, then the original 6 robot masters were successfully restored to their original programming by Dr. Light.

This seems as good a thread as any to post this. I've been playing through the original MMs for the first time and appreciating the minor changes each one brings, but fuck if it isn't tiresome getting stuck on yet another boss and having to figure out if there's a trick I'm missing or I just need to get good. In the case of Wily's dumb crab in 3 it was the latter. Now I'm at the end of 4, and I can't tell if I actually have to rush coil over and over to hit Wily's high weak point or maybe save pharaoh ammo. All I know is that I'm going to die a lot before I move on to 5. Thank fuck these games are fun.

For most of 'em it's git gud, for Wily Machines it's generally figure out what weapon works best or is the only one that works.

Fuck you for reminding me that I have no reason to live…

Oh well, at least I didn't fund Mighty No. 9.

Seems to be what everything since SAR's gone with, I remember Powered Up implies you went buster-only to save all the RMs and the Archie comics go with that Mega Man non-lethaled their asses; later they satisfied their new directive of "kill Mega Man" from Wily's reprogramming by ganging up and destroying the Copy Robot, since technically it was Mega Man.

I love Zero's designs, but the one I just can't stand is his "Mythos" version. The fuck's up with all those panel lines? And why is his name stamped all over himself? It's not like he's a Gundam, you can just ask him his name.

Don't bring that kind of negativity here, we all bet on a losing horse.

But you do, user. There's vid related.

Uh…

I think it's supposed to be some visual representation of his body being a copy, since other Mythos artwork doesn't depict any other Reploid with similar circuit lines or self-fellating emblazons. Shame his design kinda sucks since its visual tie-ins with the design of the new Z-Saber (and the Z-Saber's design itself) are pretty good.

I'll never get this relation, ever. MGR is more about combos and cutting people to shreds, MMZ is more about fast paced platforming and being able to take down your enemies without needing to pause too much or at all.
If anything I think the PS2 shinobi game is more of a 3d MMZ than MGRR.

I don't read rune fast enough to finish that in the next 15 minutes. What happened?

Nevermind, found the english site. Looks like it's just a project summary. Everything seems daijoubu.

I've always been curious about the Z-Saber. It seems to be a fairly unique, or at least rare thing, and he is only given one by X in Zero 1, but a lot of art for stuff like the Shield Boomerang depicts it as just another Z-Saber being spun real fast. Sometimes he's even depicted as straight up dual wielding them as regular Sabers.

At least there's still Star Citizen.
Can't wait for the release.

Okay, cool. Still, it's worrying that their last update was in February.

Zero's Z-Saber seems to be a unique weapon only obtained after being rebuilt and redesigned by Serges in X2. My understanding was that all of Zero's alternative blade-based weaponry in the Zero series is stuff Cerveau's built going off of the Z-Saber's energy-blade design as a base, like the Triple Rod just being a Z-Saber blade on a long-ass extendable handle to function as a spear.

undeniable truth

megaman is different from megaman x and beyond

much lighter, while everything that came after was edgier

user I put 500 into that game and you have way too much optimism for me

successor to Baldur's gate series

Non lore question, but speaking of Zero's alternative weapons what the hell was up with that one fist weapon in X8? I found it completely useless although I remember hearing somewhere you're supposed to play it like it's a fighting game to get any use out of it.

never got around to x8 or x7

backlog

K-Knuckle, last I remember it didn't even really have any practical use besides being a way to more literally go toe-to-toe with enemies. Also turned several copied abilities into Street Fighter moves, ie Hyouryuushou turns into an icy Shoryuken or Rasetsusen turning into Senpukyaku, and I remember Enkoujin goes from a simple downwards fire-stab into a more faithful copy of Burn Rooster's triangle-kick.

Legends 3
Timesplitters 4
Alot of shit I enjoyed got canned around the year of Legends death.

The nice concept paintings were the thing that made me see it as nothing but a soulless cash cow.

Heh, water fucked nearly killed a studio.

Feels good wanting both the top two.
But Aero's neither a zero nor a Roll knockoff.

And yet the fans focused on yaoi.

How the fuck does a cartoon made today gets shit all over by one made decades ago?
Why couldn't they have gotten BNs studio to do another series?

X ended at 5, the ones after it are fanfiction.
ZX and Legends are the only series that never finished.

I have zero hope for that game and I'm not talking because of C&Ds.

Necrobump because this shit still hurts years later, damn it. The hype was so fucking real.

This fucking guy was in Dexter's Laboratory

Aside from Legends 3, Steambot Chronicles 2. It was the real victim of that earthquake.