"So when I looked at this script the first thing I said was this is a script. It's not a game script, it's a script."

What did he mean by this?

That the game is a fucking movie.

He means it's a movie.

F O R Y O U

filename

meant to greentext that

That its a movie

He meant that "oh wow its a mature game story, this is truly something special.".

kill me pete

But what about the game? Does anyone honestly play God of War for the story?

Does anyone honestly play God of War?

one and two were aces, three was kinda weak.

The PSP games are good timekillers.

Why do you care about some idiot's opinion? Make your own

Saged

How is that negro a new voice actor? Pretty sure he was the VA in all the GoW games

Old Kratos was voiced by T. C. Carson. The one in GoW4 is voiced by Christopher Judge from Stargate.

Scripted like your goddamn template shit.

Holy fuck they're both fugly and cringey looking.

But that's wrong.

It means they are going the David Cage route of making pretentious "to deep 4 u" B movies with midly interactive "Simon Says" style gameplay to justify selling it as an overprised movie disguised as Vydia.
Basically they want to turn GoW into a visual novel to harvest shekkels with little effort put into gameplay like Tell Tales does but changing so much so soon is impossible so they are metting a middle ground and copying the manual left by The Last of Us.
And Gow ani't the only one, i'm willing to bet my ass Kojima is doing the same David Cage style shit with his new IP

Movie game. Even RPGs, which rely heavily on writing, should have a 'game' script because they need to be built around role-playing. Good writing compliments, and is complimented by, good gameplay rather than overshadowing it or constantly getting in the way of it but sadly this is a dying art. Better yet the writers will work with the level designers to do a lot of showing and very little telling but that's rarer still.

While I like Christopher Judge and think he's probably a solid choice for VA work changing a VA mid series is never a good sign. On a related note why are there no good Stargate games? Hell why are there no Stargate games in general? Huge pre-made IP with a large fanbase sounds like the standard shit publishers would jump on.

I thought that was an insult. Not taking the medium in to account while making the script seems like an amateur mistake.

I figured some retard tried making game script that was basically telling his game what to do.

I was told there are going to be gods to kill.
Where are the gods, Daniel Jackson?

God isn't real

Here's a good one.
Why do storycucks pretend making movies instead if video games is new, innovative or mature every single time they do it even though they have done this hundreds of times?

Just look at how enthusiastic they are to destroy gaming & turn it into shallow Hollywood propaganda with little or no interaction every time they make cinecasual trash.

Movies have some standards for quality. Add some wagglan' or slight interactivity and a shitty movie becomes a narrative master piece.

It just perpetuates that stupid narrative that vidya has only started having good stories recently. When in fact games have had good stories even as far back as the 80s and 90s. In some cases, these games have better stories than games nowadays.

Confirmed for having never watched StarGate.

Nice taste, all those games are gems.

Sonniger "games" are always the same cinematic shit. Sony is cancer

Go away Holla Forums

Because first they tried a ridiculously overambitious MMO, then the entire franchise got torched before they could rework it into an FPS.

There's a new reboot coming soon by the movie guys rather than the TV SG-1 guys, I don't know whether to be cautiously optimistic or very, very scared.

press x to jason

He meant that this will finally be a smart game for smart gamers.
If we ever want the medium to be taken seriously, we have to support such brave actions. Videogames are not about mindless slaughter anymore, which is why an already existing series that had nothing to do with murdering everything in your way the entire game was chosen.
Kratos' new role as a caring father fits him very well and I am very happy they forgot how he murdered nearly the entire population of earth just because he couldn't give revenge up.

It's a movie script that takes no consideration of gameplay elements inbetween, and no consideration of intertwining story with gameplay.

It's gonna be shit.

because making video games on existing franchises costs money and is risky

i never played or even saw the mmo
was it shit?
why was it shit?

I'd like to understand why the relation Movies = Good Stories exists.

Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Legacy of Kain the list goes on
Even Okami had a nice story to it and that wasn't even the focus of the game, but it still pull out some tears outta me by the end

I know you are being sarcastic but your comment still makes me want to punch you through my TV screen

Well, a lot of movies have artistic value well beyond any video game.

Still, it's just that these wannabe film makers can't cut it in the film industry and try to market their shitty games as ground breaking narratives.

That's another thing. All these games had both good stories and good gameplay, with one never coming to the expense of the other.

Because the devteam bit off way more than they could chew, so the project collapsed under its own weight. I don't think it ever even launched.

Like the other guy said, they should've been cranking out Ghost Recon clones, X-Com clones, anything solid from reputable devs they could get out the door, but they put all their eggs in one far too expensive basket.

Lel. Reminds me of the starship tour modes of the ST:V:EF games.

Wait a minute, that QTE

And with something as subjective as artistic value in mind we end up with shit like Boyhood, whereas shit like, I don't know, Kung Fury is much more entertaining and a better movie, to boot.

Oscar bait has always been shit, the fact that Jewlywood never acknowledged popcorn flicks action heros of the 90s is proof that they are nothing buyt pretentious snobs completly out of touch with genuine entretainament,
Critics even shat on the original Sat Wars for how cheezy it was, but look at them now, ll bowing down and kissing Darth Vader's ass

Keep criticizing. Keep complaining. Keep demanding challenging games.
But not just here- go to their forums, complain and get banned.
Go to plebbit groups, complain, and get banned.
People will see your posts before they're deleted- and when they see criticism getting shut down they will complain. Not all, but most.
As soon as the elephant in the room is addressed, people don't mind talking about it.

Never silence yourself.

Hell, the TT Batman game is getting slated on Steam. The "interactive story" bubble is bursting.

God of The Last of Us should have been a new IP. Don't stop reminding people what the franchise was about.

When i first saw The order 1886, i expected it to flop and it did, now i'm hoping for this game to go the same way.

The worst part about this is that they don't just want it to be a huge trend, they want it to be the future of video games itself as if other video game types and genres wont exist anymore.

Max Payne is a game that managed to be a good game along with having a good story.
More games should do that.

I also feel like this "maturity" thing is something to do with superiority where you want to like video games but don't want to look like a nerdy manchild.

The older GOW games and COD are an example of this where 13 year olds start playing this games because they have violence which makes them cool, which making fun of those who play something like Mario games, even if those "kiddie" games end up being better.

Back then it was about being "cool" and "edgy" and now it's about being "serious" and "artistic" which is why these critics say that GOW is improving while something like Duke Nukem is being shitted on.

STOP RUINING O'BRIEN'S LIFE, DEMON!

Which is why when you strip down the narrative games and take away the last of the "game" part, it's shit.

deus ex is a good example of a game where story is an improvement to gameplay instead of making the game worse. Not only does it never locks you out of fucking playing a video game in a videogame it is a good story to begin with. shame all the other games are shit.

Max payne is a good example of cinematic gameplay in that instead of today's "HEY LOOK AT ALL THE FUN YOU COULD BE HAVING STUPID GOY" with shitty cutscenes it sets the mood and pretext and then you make the action sequences yourself