The Prequels

You can blame the prequels for a ton of stuff, in fact, il list some reasons right here:

But you know what? In terms of idea, and scope and AMBITION they outstrip just about every blockbuster-esque movie I have seen made so far. It was a True idea of a subversion of a classic heroes trope in the way that TLJ isn't.
Anakin was the anti-Luke: Given everything from birth, with FATE literally bending to his will.
In a sense, it was about characters like Korra or Rey, and how they would end up being whiny brats, and no amount of power compensates for struggle and good character.
And it showed a way that Jedi could be flawed, and cause their own downfall through arrogance and being disconnected from regular people. Whilst also still making them sympathetic characters, that one could be sad to see go.

I got the poetry George. It took me literally years to get it, but I got it. I wish I could see the alternate reality where you got people to support and enhance your good ideas and spark, so that it didn't take years to understand what you where going for.. Then maybe the world today would be different.

The Prequels are kino, but not because they just looked pretty. But because on some level they where deeply thought out and executed on an interesting topic in an interesting way, mired by tragically bad execution.

That's really been what non-prequel hatets have been saying. It's only over here that people try to defend those negative points to say they are pure kino regardless. The bad dialouge, poor execution etc, aren't as bad as people made it out to be. Once you get over that, you can appreciate the movies well for what they portray.

The prequels were shit.
The fact that the sequels are also shit doesn't change that.

The prequels were better than the OT.

lol no

>>>/leddit/

lol this mad

That's another thing, everything in the new movies sound like they were named by someone who thinks Star Wars is dumb shit for kids. There's a certain elegance in the originals and the prequels that can't be found in the sequels.

I made that grid and I unironically like TLJ as much as the prequels

"elegance"?

Porg

There were some silly ones but every name in disney SW either is tryhard or not trying at all. The most memorable name conceived must be Sheev and that's because it sounds so silly for the ultimate evil of the whole saga and it's a meme. Also it is of a pre existing character. Rey, finn, poe, Kylo Ren, Snoke. It's all dumb. There's star wars name generators which can randomize better star wars names.

mhmm

How is it a subvertion when it's a classic tragedy story mixing the stories between Lucifer and Achilles?

And the dialogue wasn't bad. It's more in the vein of classic type of dialogue where less is more. Take the "I hate sand"-line as the most famous example. It tells us multiple things, but if you want to make a point and want to be "smart" on the internet you pretend to be a fucking retard and say it doesn't indicate how Anakin's current state of mind was at the time (and the foreshadowing of his downfall).

Lmao the dialogue is bad in aotc

Nah it's shitty film wise faggot

To be fair…

does anyone ever talk about how this is over choreographed as fuck? Ben just goes and does a damn spin for no reason out of nowhere.

Because the OT is from my childhood, and perfect.

But Lucas totally had the story all planned out from the get go right prequel cucks?

why did he do it

He was fresh out of "yo momma" jokes.

Who even talks like that? What the fuck?

My Dad. He used to say that on Christmas Eve before we went and saw my maternal grandparents. He didn’t say Mos Eisley.

Prequels were just commercials for merchandise. That off feeling that everything looks fake? It's the sensation of looking at a toy.

Prequelposting started as bait by disney marketers: 'look at the idiots liking the prequels now, only you great hipsters know better!!'. But of course user can't help but roll in poop whenever theres some, and here we are now.

Because that was never a thing in the original trilogy. The Ewoks weren't created to sell teddy bears. Space Balls wasn't making jokes about how heavily merchandised Star Wars was before the prequels existed.
That's late 90's-early 00's CGI, you genius.

Obi-Wan speaks the truth. He doesn't need to add humor or effect to his words, to impress themselves or his opponent. But you capeshit cancer will never get this.

They weren't.

In fact George Lucas couldn't find any toy company that would manufacture them since Star Wars toys only sold to boys and boys wouldn't buy teddy bears.

t. read the making of return of the jedi

Then what's this?

He was definitely trying to be witty.

Bravo, you now realize why any cinephile treats star wars fans as retarded manchildren! And in the 70s, luna park movies made to sell toys were justly treated as food for retards.

Feminists love to taunt you saying, grow up already. Of course they want you to grow into a beta orbiter and that's wrong, but remember you actually have to grow up for real eventually.

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with merchandising, so long as it doesn't have a negative impact on the film (which Ewoks might have). You create a space ship design that's so cool every kid wants to have it, and that's bad somehow?

There was only a limited run of them and Lucas had to force Kenner to produce those, they sold poorly.

So is the problem that there was an attempt at merchandising, or that it was successful?

hurr durr guys we totally don't have any toys we can make out of this shitty spaze franchise!!! I mean, It's been to mobies for pete's sake. like wtf!?!?

Boys were going crazy for the action figures, but girls not so much. Seems like they got greedy and made a grab for that audience, just like they're doing with Porgs now.

1. But pic related is what happens when you design characters so that kids want their toys. It's the merchandise first philosophy.

2. Lucas wasn't the only one responsible for the costumes, models and ships of the OT. It's like saying Syd Mead's designs in Blade Runner were all work from Ridley Scott but nu-geeks probably believe this.

Fix your site Jim.

He made the Ewoks because he thought it didn't make sense for a planet of Wookies to be primitive when Chewbacca was shown to be able to pilot a space ship.

In the original bloated script for the first Star Wars the wookies help attack the Death Star and he worked that back in for Return of the Jedi.

There's literally nothing wrong with Boss Nash. Brian Blessed hamming it up. What's not to like?

You get something that looks like shit and will never sell when you try to cater to people to sell toys?

or option b. and the design doesn't look like shit at all, but then you lose your whole argument…

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Gungan designs. I also think people might exaggerate just how bad Jarjar is as a character, but let's not get into that.

There's everything wrong with it. When ep I came out and McDonalds had cheap SW figurines in their kiddie boxes, all the kids prayed that they won't get JarJar. Kids hated this swamp nigger.

And now they're sorry.
APOLOGIZE

You're linking the design to Jar Jar as a character. There's nothing wrong with the design. It's an aquatic alien that looks like an aquatic alien.

He made the movies and merchandise for kids. Kids hated the design choices and they didn't care much about distinction between JarJar and other gungans, they all look like the shitty Ice Age sloth. George simply lost touch with his precious kiddie audience.

Who are these kids? I was a kid. I thought it was cool. All of my friends thought it was cool. Maybe Jar Jar wasn't our favourite character, but none of us were screeching about it like all of the thirty-something spergs.

Most of the early 90s born kids in my neighborhood. There was a pokemon craze at that time. Phantom Menace came out only a year after the 2000 pokemon movie, this is the kind of shit kids loved back then.

Most of the early 90s born kids in my neighborhood. There was a pokemon craze at that time and George lost the war with gooks. Phantom Menace came out only a year after the 2000 pokemon movie, this is the kind of shit kids loved back then.

Fix your fucking site codemonkey

Why is he calling him Darth like that's his first name?

Han was bullshitting there, you can see Obi-Wan grin pretty smugly right after Han said that.

Kids generally like more than one thing.

Go back to fucking Holla Forums. The prequels are great but this entire post is so fucking embarrassing.
you watch Redlettermedia
you watch cartoons and browse Holla Forums
stop replying to these retards. It's really easy to tell which posters are from Holla Forums wake the fuck up.

what does the 'I hate sand' line tell us about Anakin's mental state?

an underlying sense of angst and resentment due to his harsh upbringing? A feeling of inferiority and undeserving of the situation he now finds himself in?

In the face of mindless Disney flicks, Prekino takes a refined form.

I think he just doesn't like sand dude

But WHY doesn't he like sand?

Because he wanted to fuck his mother but the tusken ragheads have put sand in her vag.

I gotta lol at Lucas here. You can get a nigger to fly a fighter plane (I think). Their own society can still be primitive.

No, I didn't read the EU novel that desperately scrabbled to explain a poorly written line.

Just watch the ANH bluray with the commentary track on, pleb.

No. Explain in the film I watch or fuck off.

No. They made a mistake.

It's not really important, Star Wars is science fantasy. You don't get to hear how shields and stuff work either. The concept is pretty simple though, you can only go so fast through space. The issue then becomes finding the shortest safe route between two points. That's how the tiny Falcon can outrun even big imperial star destroyers. Now you actually got this info more or less when Han explained why they couldn't just go sanic fast at once when they had imperials up their butts, you just didn't pay attention since it served the plot.

I took Obi Wan's reaction to that claim as incredulousness. If the Falcon made that run it was because Han was willing to take riskier routes. He's not the only one with a small ship.

The size of the ship doesn't matter. It's the computer calculations that makes it "fast", or rather travel less distance.

Han is talking bollocks. His ship is not able to outrun Star Destroyers, as seen several times in the movies. He's just a good enough pilot to evade them until he can make the jump. His actual speed through hyperspace in that scenario has no significance since they don't know where he's going.

BRAVO

but he has lightning reflexs of cheetah that can manually drop the falcon out of hyperspace under starkiller bases defense shield

well I hope it's at least in the same solar system or that's one long fucking trip

Agreed.

The prequels were okay when they weren't trying so hard to "fix" the originals because Lucas couldn't get over how his vision wasn't 100% perfect the first time around.
And despite the awkward moments, the fact Darth Vader had such a presence to him meant it was easy to enjoy Anakin's character, despite whatever shit it had on top.