One world government militant fascists or backward-thinking cult of personality extremists? Pick a side

One world government militant fascists or backward-thinking cult of personality extremists? Pick a side.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TAQr_wwUO1g&list=PLmiuf9JPl9LaHym3rThh0RUmAT9wDwqsK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I playing a Bethesda game?

Which one is more akin to nazis and commies, because that's what this thread will turn into.

[citation needed]

i pick the aliens

You're right, OP should have given us a third option so we could play a Bioware game. :^)

How about a bunch of self-sufficient independent nation states that rule themselves? Globalism was a mistake.

Tell me Commander, if GDI is so great then how come they continually fail to harness the power of Tiberium?

Lets try this:

lol GDI cucks

I hear Bioware is to be making a C&C rpg where you can have gay sex with kane.

my dad works at ea

It's like you want to be mutated by Ichor.

Backward-thinking cult of personality extremists please. Maybe Todd Howard could lead them? He's pretty cool… Anyways, GIVE ME THE PRICE OF FALLOUT 4!

Seriously. If you don't know what this is from you should seriously consider not posting here ever again.

Seeing how the GDI treats my country as shit in C&C3, i stand with brother kayne.

Kane lives

Species traitor pls go

Seeing as most of that is NOD propaganda, I side with GDI. Reminder that NOD burned down orphanages with children inside and blamed GDI for it. Reminder that NOD is the reason tiberium wasn't contained as well and gave us shiners. Reminder that Kane is an immortal faggot that doesn't care about any of you as soon as he leaves this planet.

NOD any day,
glory to Kane!

nods respectfully towards you

I think people look at the 2 factions far too on the surface. One has to wonder, why does Nod get so many people under it? GDI is the pinnacle of the elite, the rich, the bourgeoisie. In the eyes of the people under Nod, theyre being given a chance to tear down that filthy system down and start again. Ill take the latter honestly, and Kane proved himself time after time to his followers, and say what you will, often took care of them.

Anyone up to play Tiberian Dawn or Tiberian Sun on CnCNet? It's free.

That already happened though.

Kane is just too sexy not to pick.

What happened in the last game again?
Kane was an alien or some shit?
How did they fuck that up?

Why even call GDI an option?

GDI had a better theme anyways. Act on instinct was amazing.

No mercy>>>act on insticnt
And thats a fact.

I prefer Destructible Times and C&C 80's Mix

saved

Where does the Brotherhood of Nod get it's name from?

At this point, Kane is Cain from the bible. He was exiled to the Land of Nod, and I guess because of that Kane calls his followers people who are in a sense following him in his exile.

rolling

America Flips a Coin

It's impossible to be self sufficient beyond anything living in twig huts.

Dat Scene where he fucking executes Seth that tool who thought that he was smarter than Kane by attacking the Pentagon was so glorious.
Kane was such an amazing character and made it so easy to understand why so many follow the brotherhood without questioning his orders.

But the GDI campaign in Tiberium Dawn was also really good because of the entire shit slinging Media campaign that Nod was running against the commander and his troops until everyone refused to back up the GDI anymore and every way of contacting the headquarters was severed except through rerouting via the Las Vegas bureau who gave you the order to just work with what you get and survive.
Or the moment when Kain appears on your screen and tells you that he has total control of that media debacle and tells you to give up and enjoy the rest of your short live because he knows where you live and will end you.

Man I miss games like that so much tiberium sun and firestorm was good and I haven't played wars or kanes wrath but I just can't imagine that they can reach the kind of awesomness that tiberium dawn is.

Nice OC.

Kane's Wrath and Tiberium wars are pretty good, it is not as great but it is definitely fun and the cutscenes are top-tier.

Pick only one. Cutscenes were just a bunch of people talking. Compare that to older games, were you saw CGi action and battles.

Speaking of cutscenes, I miss that B-movie style cutscenes we used to get from Westwood games. RA1 and 2 were also pretty good.

Good point, I had forgotten about the action.

GDI was a mistake, private military companies would have done the job better.

free trade and immigration is a net economic benefit that lowers labor cost and waste of limited resources.

Command & Conquer
Red Alert
Tiberian Sun

Red Alert 2
Generals
Renegade

EA cancer

The entire point of his cult was to get Kane, an actual ayylien, back to his home planet. It worked.

Freedom has arrived.

Does anyone have the image of Nod soldiers coming out of an APC?

Mr president, whatever do you mean??

When has tank spam ever NOT been the answer for GDI in a C&C game?
Their medium tanks are absolute godsends.

The tanks seem broken down on some sort of tank graveyard.

Considering there is renegade in the filename, maybe it references how we used to get around the vehicle limit by blowing them somewhere in base so they leave a repairable wreckage and than repairing them all at once to have more tanks that we were supposed to to overwhelm the other team.

Not sure if that is still a thing in renegade X though, since it seems to be some sort of remake i haven't played.

Cain was the first son of Adam & Eve.
Then they had Abel.

Cain worked with plants, fruits and vegetables.
Abel was a shepherd.

God loved Abel more because he was righteous. Cain was jealous, so he killed his brother Abel (the first murder in history).

God cursed Cain and sent him to the barren land of Nod. He had a "mark" on him so everyone would avoid him, and death would escape him. This explains how Kane is immortal.

The GDI general in C&C is named Mark Shephard, he obviously represents Abel.

I dunno man having a good amount of orcas is also a sound strategy if you can clear a line for a nice bombing run.
But there is also the suprise Commando when you can position that sucker in the enemy base while you distract your opponent with a quick armor rush.

Oh and there's also Seth, the 3rd son of Adam and Eve.

In C&C, Seth is a Nod officer who gets jealous at the player being so good. He gets executed by Kane.

gibme dat base

The GDI are the good guys. It's as simple as that.

Time for some feels

In Renegade X generally the strategy for GDI is to spam either Mammoth Tanks or Medium Tanks, while Nod plants a nuke beacon in the GDI base by either having a Stealth Black Hand infiltrate or having one dropped onto the roof by aircraft. There are a shitload of different rush tactics but generally that's what most people use to break out of a stalemate.

It's a shame they didn't go for Tiberian Sun like W3D did, Devil's Tongue and Mammoth Mk.II definitely made that shit interesting

My favorite

Frank Klepacki is one of the best videogame composers of all time.

And last one.

These are the best C&C tracks.

Nod comfirmed for shit

Man, I like the Supervisors voice.

Your post, confirmed for shit.

Balts are literally white though

I'm a mechanical man

TW1 happened in 2007, though, so we can say it's an AU where Nod eclipsed islam and mass immigration didn't happen because of the new economic/social divisions caused by tiberium

Okay, how about

Actually Nod's mainstay is in Africa.

In GDI campaign you take over Europe.
In Nod campaign you take over Africa.

Even though Kane's headquarters are located in Yugoslavia.

The Forgotten were shit though, the mod trying to bring them as a faction had incredibly garbage things in store, especially the fact that upgrading power plants was the only way to get base defences which no longer generated power after being upgraded. The idea of two factions that are vulnerable to Tiberium and two factions that thrive in it has some pretty interesting potential though.

Reminder that Stalin dies in both endings

They are called SJWs for a reason.

Geez Louis it's STAHLIN!

youtube.com/watch?v=TAQr_wwUO1g&list=PLmiuf9JPl9LaHym3rThh0RUmAT9wDwqsK

Dank footage from the 1995 Tiberian war.

Why is Balkan war era patriotic rock music so good?

War songs in general are pretty comfy

Heavy beats, army boots and a defiant attitude.

Whiney snackbars.

They're both Mudslimes that believe in a false god, but their music is catchy as hell.

IN THE NAME OF KANE

Cheeki breeki music can be weirdly fantastic too.

Rub my shoes in lotion

What is it about these games that makes them so charismatic? Was it the cheese? Was it that they got there first? Was it just that the game was good and gamers were more imaginative then when they wanted to be engrossed?

They seem to be really honest.

JOJ

It was the cheeseness, the lore setting, the good gameplay, and the good work values used to make the game (Not AAA game-making shit)

It was a believable world.
It had that 90's geopolitical atmosphere.

TOT

ZOZ

VOV

Kirov Reporting

The flying saucers are more terrifying tbh

True story

When I was a kid I played this game a lot. And while I was always a little atheist I wanted to become a NOD terrorist.

I failed my childhood dream.

Oh God the memorys of that one soviet mission in RA2 im having flashbacks of sitting in that corner of that map building my base and then is this fucking air ship slowly comes into view and I think my 3-4 flak cannons will rip it apart.
I was never so wrong in my entire life and I plastered the entire map full of anti air shit just to get them to stay away as far as possible and then these iron curtain shennanigans. Trying to take over the kreml was never so hard.

Hahaha I never noticed… That's amazing.

(Crimea is in Russia, Serbia got Montenegro, Moldava has been amputated of Transdnistria, Osel/Saaremaa has seceded from Estonia).

Let's not forget

Okay, how the hell did GDI hold onto that country during TW1? How did it get that country in the first place?

I would take the guess and say that this was the place where Havok and his team ( back when they haven't split up) showed the brotherhood that it's not a good idea to fuck with a GDI commando team.

I'll bet any game dev these days takes themselves too seriously to include anything like that. Or the opposite happens and the entire game is just shit-tier 'jokes'.

one world anything freaks me out. never put all your eggs in one basket. old-fashioned phrase but timeless wisdom.

>Globalism is unsustainable
Sorry naziboos

Explain

what

i think he's implying the opposite. anyone who's against globalism is basically a Nazi (as well as a dozen other sjw buzzwords). social media loves this meme. i wonder who started it.

It also has provides a hearty dose of expose in a tatsteful manner

Well hes not wrong if that's what hes saying, anyone who's a nationalist can't be a nationalist if they are globalist. Kind of a weird thing to be pointing out if its that sort of double irony. So I think it was a simple quest for (((you)'s))

the problem is normalfags think nationalism is synonymous with racial supremacy and genocide. the media is encouraging this view to the best of their ability.

Well we just have to count on them to be liars then don't we.
Most people will only follow who they perceive to be winning, simply because they can realistically provide them with what they ultimately desire.
You will be always called a Nazi or a Klansmen or a Fascist or whatever.
I've seen very moderate politicians like Farage be compared without a hint of irony to Hitler.
These people never cared about the truth to begin with, if you care about the truth above all else than it doesn't matter who you are but you will eventually come to the same if not similar conclusion.

A: No, you can easily build shit gor yourself given time.
B: I refuse to believe anyone is this retarded. He said self-sufficient NATIONS not people. So, nations can and to some extent are self sufficient.

Since it isn't obvious let me spell it out for you

-Made up of poor third worlders and a small circle of elite assholes who live like kings
-cult of personality built around Chairman Kane
-Followers believe that spreading their gay religion (and tiberium) will help humanity despite every Nod controlled area being shit
-Never admit dear leader is wrong even when his plans go horribly awry (like that time he got cucked by Brother Marcion/Obama).
-can only win through underhandedness and sabotage
-Emblem looks like a soviet sickle

-Made up of first worlders and prosperous nations
-Democratically elected government
-Developed sonic technology to fight the Green menace and bring prosperity to GDI held lands
-Motherfucking mammoth panzers and nippon mechas, seriously what fucking more do you want?
-Only held back by excessive bureaucracy and concern for the well being of others
-Wins battles with honor and dignity
-Emblem looks like the Nazi eagle swooping down to cleanse the earth of degenerates

Red Alert had some seriously comfy songs.

Reminder that the actor for Kane was just a Westwood Employee

This anons get it right.

Nod are actually planning for the inevitable rise of Tiberium and are actively harnessing its power. GDI are sticking their fingers in their ears and singing LALALALAL FUNDS PLEASE NOD ARE TERRORISTS while trying to futilely fight against Tiberium. GDI are the backward-thinking ones, not Nod.

Also a cult of personality is only a bad thing if it's based on lies. Kane is clearly above the average human assuming he's human at all.

There is this current amongst missinformed people that Hitler wanted to conquer the world for some reason.

I guess he's trying to refer to that.
He didn't, he just wanted to conglomerate the germanic peoples under one flag, then everyone started going to war with him and he just kept taking territories as the means of an agressive strategy.

Butt windows

IN THE NAME OF KANE!

Money worshippers shovel the world into the oven for profit. Yet they are merely keeping the oven warm for themselves.

You and your alien overlord will be purged

I am sure all those talks about exterminating subhumans and taking their lands as lebensraum was just a joke. He was pushing as far as he could and the world justifyably kicked him down for that very reason.

I don't know why I made this but I mean, if someone did have a buttwindow you'd have to at least give it a shot.

What C&C 4 are you talking about?

No, really, EA just have accept their mistake, and just let a good third party developer to make a proper sequel to the Tiberium series.

But EA is retarded and evil, so they will never do it.

He cares more for his people than do GDI.

I fail to see how an incompetent, highly corrupt NWO will purge Kane particularly when you consider that they've failed on multiple occasions in the past.

holy shit fuck whoever decided on that

You think that's bad, you should see RA1's map.

that faggot will run out of clones eventually

Yep the Brotherhood of NOD is trying to uplift humanity.

GDI is just fighting for the status quo.

Funny how my arian Germanic country had absolutely no desire to join the Nazi Reich. But joining was mandatory.

Hitler plunged Europe into war, saved the Jews (witout him there would be no Israel) and gave rise to the USSR and the Cold War.

Just reinstalled The First Decade and wanted to play some RA2. It all works nciely at 2560x1600, except I can't lasso select units. Same issue in Tiberian Sun as well.

Windows 7 SP1.

And Brotherhood, they've got stealth tanks.

top kek
The Balfour Declaration was signed by the Brits before Hitler even came to power, Germany neither owned Palestine nor did they have any say in the matter. Hitler's plan was to ship the ones that didn't voluntarily leave to Palestine to Madagascar.
the fuck are you smoking

Hitler failed but it wasn't in vain. He opened eyes to many people for years to come and crippled the Soviet Union. Red Alert fucking explains as for no Hitler meant Russia wasn't crippled by war. He also saved Germany from the degenerate communist hellhole that was the Weimar.

GLA is the only choice

I'd pick the one that seems most chaotic.

Hail Hydra

I won't comment on degenerate but to call Weimar communist is somewhat of a gross overstatement. Hell the Freikorps were famously used to put down a communist revolution.

I hope not because it's always fun to fuck over this twat his plans especially if it involves lot's of tanks and orca bombardements or an APC full of engineers.

Masallah brother.

Even China is a better choice.

You infidels will never learn

This board has a NOD flag.
This board does not have a GDI flag.
The reasons for this is clear.
checkmate GDI scum.

This is fishy map. Also, First Tiberium War begun in 1999. Pics related are real maps.

Likely this has nothing to do with your OS, post your specs, especially GPU.

Sooooo Holla Forums or Holla Forums? What the hell of shit choice is this OP?

The communist party were strong and had many members is what I meant but didn't clarify.

He cares about them as much as a man might care about a hammer or a screwdriver. Humanity is nothing more than a tool for Kane to use.

They haven't failed to soundly defeat Nod every time Kane's thrown a Tantrum.

As for killing Kane, his plot armor is even stronger than an Ion Cannon.

which side has video games and allows me to live a relatively normal life? its probably gdi

Actually op, that cult you speak of is not actually a cult, the leader is an ancient alien who is the biblical cain, he has manipulated our species for thousands of years and changed our politics so that one day we would have the technology to go into space and battle an extraterrestrial alien who is out to kill us all and destroyed his planet. he even started ww1 and changed the world order that was enslaving the world.

GDI is a one world government fascist dictatorship, they abandoned those in the red and yellow zones and only gave a shit about those in the blue zones. while kane took care of those in the yellow and red zones.

while GDI was out to destroy tiberium and failed, kane realized its potential and used it to harness minerals and energy, he developed technology to keep tiberium at bay and secured infinite energy resource.

Even NODS CABAL AI was more advanced than GDI's EVA.

sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to show light on evil. especially when they cover their tracks well.

The real question is which side had the best women.

Fair enough.

We aren't counting C&C 4 in this, by the way.

Yet GDI win every campaign because of plot armour at least as thick…

Allies, clearly. Not really sure between GDI and Nod.

kane has been around since 3875 BC he is immortal.
clones were only around after 1990's

the brotherhood of Nod has been active since 1800 BC

Keeping tiberium at bay? I think you mean a different Kane because last time I ckecked did he use tiberium based warheads and wanted to cover the world in tiberium by using the tacitus by launching it into orbit.

he was trying to get the attention of the scrin, but after that failed he had to wait a couple more years in order to get GDI to alert them for him by blowing up the liquid tiberium..

the scrin hold the technology to understanding the Tacitus and they can build the gateway to ascension.

If Van Darkholme fights for Nod and Billy Herrington fights for GDI, who is Boss of the Tiberium field?

In literally every game he is either double-crossing his own people, doing a false flag attack, or wildly disregarding civilian deaths. He is an alien with no regard for humanity beyond achieving his own goals.

As for plot armor, surviving an ion cannon is the textbook definition of it. That's like surviving a nuke being dropped on you.

Lets not forget, if Kane and his third-world army are so great then how come everytime he disappears for more than a week someone from his inner circle denounces him as a heretic and tries to usurp his power? Nod is the very definition of a fascist dictatorship that is only held together by a strong man.

Wrong. GDI formed as a direct result of Kane spreading tib everywhere. The civilized world basically set aside their differences because a fucking alien cancer rock was threatening to destroy the world. GDI didn't turn their backs on the yellow or red zones either, they provide aid to both humans and mutants but the faggothood of Nod keeps them from gaining a foothold in most of those places because without them Kane wouldn't be able to get new recruits.

Let's not forget that time Kane created Skynet and the Terminators almost wiped out the world.

I miss the times when Kane was just some awesome dude running a religous terrorist group that just wanted to control tiberium and turn himself into the defacto leader of the world while the UN finally understood that no one listens to people who only bark but never bite and decided to create a global army and kick ass.
God damnit EA.

The one not wearing that jabroni outfit.

Name one time he double-crossed his own people. Seth was betraying him not the other way around. And he isn't an alien outside of the fanfic-tier game(s).

Winning every war not matter how badly you start off is also generic plot armour. Kane surviving the ion cannon is actually consistent with his background as an immortal being too.

GDI are just as prone to power struggles they just do office politics.

A dictatorship sure but I don't think you understanding the definition of fascism. Not all dictatorships are fascist. Additionally the major flaw of a benevolent strongman dictatorship is the successions crises. This is not an issue with Kane.

In the fluff Nod do shit like give out food and essential services too. They also try to provide a functioning system instead of just dropping supplies into a failed state and hoping they reach the right people (which, by the way, has never worked irl).

GDI are NWO scum using Nod as an excuse. Nod existed for many thousands of years without wiping out humanity and Kane clearly understands it better than anyone else. GDI in the span of a few decades managed to start a world war trying to prevent an inevitable occurrence.

Don't forget too that Tiberium is a potent energy source and a good way to make money. Poor countries getting a hold of it under Nod threatened the dominance of established powers. GDI's entire agenda is to preserve the old order of certain countries dominant their own little spheres of influence. That's why Russia is GDI aligned: it wants to keep playing Empire as much as the USA and Europe.

tiberium was already spreading everywhere from the meteor that struck the tiber river. GDI was formed to take over the world under 1 government, Nod was a corporation who harvested tiberum as to get resources. this made NOD a super power. GDI didn't like this so they attacked nod.

This is the thinking of an idiot GDI faggot, tiberum is a miracle to humanity. just like nuclear power was first a weapon, it was turned into useful power.

The first time i played C&C i thought GDI was the good guy and NOD was evil, after playing it i realized it was actually GDI that were evil and NOD were the good guys.

sure NOD does some bad things but their end goal is good, GDI is just greedy and wants to take over the world, those without power have to beg gdi to help them and most of the time they dont, whatever help they do give is only scraps.

gdi is the same shitty earth that youve grown to hate.
nod is a new evil, so you think its good. you could twist either of their end goals to appear in a good light

==AWAY WITH YOU GDI SCUM! I WON'T BE SWAYED BY YOUR FORKED
ONGUED LIES!==

im just saying, cult mentality and terrorism are their own kind of evil. the kind of evil that tends to be committed by the people who are not holding the reins.
if they were to trade positions of power we wouldnt see the change you want

thats true with every position of power, the right leader can make a country great, the wrong leader can turn it into a dystopian society.

kane is more interested in aliens than he is with improving the quality of life on earth. nod providing an opportunity for breaking free from the shackles of corporate earth is a good first step but it stops there. youre trading one master for another, and there have been no demonstrations for an opportunity to live a simple honest life within the brotherhood.
i could give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are the underdogs of a war and dont have the time for such things, but surely with all their scientific advances we would have seen something to lead me to believe they wish to improve life itself.

AMD Phenom II X4 840 at 3.2GHz, AMD Radeon 6950, using USB mouse and keyboard which otherwise work fine in the game.

Forgot to ask, are you left-handed? For some reason old CnC games have issues with left-handed mouse setups. If you are, then I really don't know how you can solve this problem other than changing setup.

Maybe you can also try some tools to cheat the game so it could think that you're using right-handed setup.

Nah, can't find anything about anyone else having this issue aswell. Guess I'll stick with the less well acted third games.

By that logic Nod is the same as real world ISIS.

-Liquid T bomb detonation
-the entire firestorm crisis
-kane going in to hiding after the first tib war, letting his subordinates fight among themselves
-the world altering missle

Or due to Nod incompetence and in group fighting

As opposed to straight up assassination by ambitious underlings…

Strong centralized government where every important decision has unilaterally made by dear leader. Outside group (GDI) is blamed for all of the worlds ills. Leader demands complete submission, twists culture and religion to suit his own ego (i.e. heil hitler/FOR KANE!! and Positive Christianity/Nod Christianity). The main issue with a strongman dictatorship isn't succession, it's the fact that no matter how malevolent or how much of a fuck up he is there is no way to peacefully or nonviolently remove him from power.

And yet all of the Nod controlled yellow zones continue to be shit despite having the most access to your miracle 'alien cancer rocks' and the supervision of Chairman Kane himself.

Clearly GDI must be on every street corner just slapping the food right out of the hands of every citizen.

Much like the commies of yesteryear Nod makes bold promises that they never deliver and always pass the blame onto someone else.

Also

New Good C&C never ever.

*past

It works for everything I want it to. Why would I upgrade for no reason?

New lore is shit, biblical cain is best cain.

Whichever side has the best girls.

PLEB TASTE
L
E
B

T
A
S
T
E

That's the bad end though

Like I give a fuck. We'll just keep killing him over and over.

Or bury him alive for all eternity. Lets see how much he likes his immortality then.

GDI is a force compromised of the richest and most advanced countries in the world. They have a powerful and well-trained infantry.

What is so strange about them winning? NOD even being able to stand up to them at all is already unbelievable.

GDI4lyffe

Nice

Id side with GDI, they have badass logo.

Also fuck the poor and muties in red zones

The brotherhood demands this thread to stay away from the bottom of the page by orders from Kane himself. Down with the GDI silencers!

Humanity path only. Screw angels and demons.

I don't have to, I don't live in America.

Is the game still alive?

I'd like to say yes.

But it's not, it's been dead since 2014 or so, kind of a shame since they had Firestorm units done before the bubble went back to playing Renegade or Battlewhatever.

They brought back Juggernauts?

Bumping for NOD
KANE LIVES

I wonder, if we make a thread, would we be able to get enough people for Reborn?

Would be a good idea.

Probably? PS2 thread normally gets about 20 people and 7v7's are alot of fun even on the largest of maps, just need to have enough people interested.