Put my 3DS in standby

Can we just talk about how much inferior in every single aspect the 3DS is to the PSP?

shouldn't you compare the PSP with the DS and not the 3DS?

That's the point though, the PSP is better than the 3DS despite being a generation before it

I love both systems. The PSP was fucking rad, standby was great.
It had a good library, pretty good emulator support and piracy was a dream come true.

And, if you could be bothered to encode your videos, it was great to watch stuff on too. I used to encode Game Center CX episodes to watch on my way to work every morning.

Tip top console.

Turn the wireless off on the 3DS next time.

the DS is also better than the Vita, what's your point?

Not hardware wise though.
The PSP not only has a better library than the 3DS, it has better or similar hardware, the same amount of buttons, it has better battery life, and even better functionality than the 3DS despite being made way before it.

The only thing that makes the DS better than the Vita are the games really. In everything else the Vita would still be superior.

Nes power consumption 9W
PS4 power consumption 90W
Can we talk about the superiority of the NES?

Well for starters, it has a lot of games.

The games and gameplay possibilities are what matter.

Don't forget the higher resolution screen. Trying to read complex Kanji in Monster Hunter on the 3DS's resolution is hell.

Also, while direct comparison isn't fair the 3DS *does* have superior hardware to the PSP.

I half agree with the PSP having a better library though.

Excluding the screen, but again - direct comparison doesn't really work : one has 3D, one has better resolution.

has about as many games as ps3
none

What the fuck happened to all the games

Shit hardware limits devs from making good games.

That's why fantastic games don't exist on old hardware, right?

The only thing 'shit' hardware limits is the ability of unqualified/lazy developers to shovel the same trash they do everywhere.

Wii vs PS3
Yeah, sure m8

that's a lie

If I ever had to turn it off, I don't remember it
And it sure as fuck never turned off by itself without asking me first

No fucking shit, OP

You put it on a charger whenever you're not using it?

In which situation would you need to let your handheld on standby for days?

God dammit, this fucking flag.

If I don't want to turn it off because my cfw resets or because I just want to be able to pick it up and play whenever I want

Pretty much, unless I was taking it somewhere
I mean, what the fuck else am I going to do, forget about it under my bed for half a week and then be surprised that the battery died?

You know that there's permanent CFW for every revision except the street now, right?

Hell, it only takes a few seconds to re-apply it after a hard shutdown anyway.

Etrian Odyssey 4.

And my phone still works two weeks after it was last charged.

Yes, in fact, hardware-wise. The DS has a far superior portable clamshell design, has better battery life, and its games don't come in an idiotic disc format. The hardware is objectively better.

There's nothing to talk about. NES is objectively superior to PS4 in every way.

There are no permanent cfws
And it's still annoying.

My old java phone lasts for over 4 weeks without charging on standby. Therefore my phone is superior to both PSP and 3DS. And I can emulate Game Boy games on it. I remember a few years ago before I had a smartphone I beat pokemon red at around 10 fps. It was kind of fun though.

??
chronoswitchpak?
6.60?
you dumb nigger there are permenant CFWs, not my problem you're too retarded to do it.

We were talking about 3DS cfw dumbass

which you can't even access unless you have the good goy version of the 3DS

3ds has less games than the vita, and worse games too. the 3ds is essentially what kids who play pokemon buy.

I'm still playing my PSP since I got it 9 years ago

You get my point.

but user, the 3ds *needs* to use that battery power so that you can pick up Miis from random strangers you walk past!

yeah, it's retarded.

Is there even a reason to get a vita when you can't read moonrunes?

yeah, you like good games and not pokemon

Like?
Even Monster Hunter is with Nintendo now.

The only reason to get a vita would be obscure not localized weeb vidya.

I'm not spoonfeeding you

(You)

Are you retarded or just unaware of the function to turn off wireless?

This is a cuckchan cancer, go back user.

maybe some day someone will acknowledge you, 3DS defense force

I own a PSP and a 3DS, faggot. Quit being an underaged poorfag.

3DS has some good games (which I own them all in japanese) but they're like little gems to find.

Vita is especially if you're into dungeon crawlers, musou, robot/gundam, visual novels, rhythm games, rpg and a couple of platformers.

it needs some more racing games tho

and I have a n3ds, vita, psp and plenty more, the 3ds is frankly the biggest disappointment in nintendo handhelds of all time

sorry you can't handle criticism of your dear platform, but at least try to be an adult about it

yes, the good 3ds games are few and far between. To me this is a bad value, I don't want one good game a year, I want a new game pretty often.

This
Can't believe I spent 100 quid on it

faggot

Sonyggers will never stop being the most juvenile niggers of the internet, will they ?

Barely anyone has actually taken a good advantage of the second screen on the 3DS. In most cases, just pausing the game would give you the same results since it's just a minimap at the bottom or top for most games. Puzzle and adventure games like Layton or 999 have gotten the most out of the screen imo. Games that heavily rely on touch cripple anyone with big hands like Zelda: Phantom Hourglass or Kid Icarus Uprising. And even if you set KI:U to only controls then you're going to cramp your hand trying to claw all day. I swear that game would be a 10/10 for me if there was just a second analog.

Nice thing about the Vita is that shit can stay alive on standby for weeks and not die. I've picked up mine yesterday after 3 weeks of not playing it (thanks to 7th Dragon 3) and it was still alive. Even if it did die, you can throw it on the charger and the game would continue where you left off.

Etrian Odyssey 4, 7th Dragon III VFD, Rune Factory 4.

Glorified Pokemon and MH machine. I just want Rune Factory 5 on it to be honest but some gems come to it every once in a while. Meanwhile the Vita, despite Sony trying to kill it, is the go to platform for JP devs who make low-mid budget games that can live off a niche audience. I don't know if it's because it's easier to make games on, better install base, the second analog stick, or maybe they know where their audience is. I would have thought the 3DS would be getting a ton of games because nearly everyone has one. But that's not the case here.

But the DS is not better than the Vita as a console. Sure it has better game, but it was built like shit and works like shit

yeah and I dont see any new game in sight that catch my interests, whereas I still keep buying vita games (generally second-handed to lower the overall expense) in comparison

I'm glad however it's getting finally cracked little by little so I could archive saves and pirate the DLCs and digital-only japanese games (like the Touhou titles)

Except I can handle criticism
Good thing nothing you've posted comes close to being actual criticism

I've gotten a ton of value out of having two separate region accounts. Money isn't much of an issue for me, and I can comfortably afford a few new games every month but I've found a tremendous and varied library on the Vita. Lots of great doujin games from the PC that are improved on the PC too. Touhou Double Focus was one of my favorite.

The Vita has so much going for it but Sony's distaste for it really shows.

And you wonder why the VITA has so many weeb games. Otakus are not that stingy with their money when it comes to paying for things that cater to them. This way these devs can have a stable income as long as the appeal to their audience. Unlike casuals they won't leave you for the latest hot product.

Any sane person would prefer to have all the consoles & handhelds ever made.
As for this 3DS vs PSP bullshit, I'm pretty sure my 3DS have lasted almost a week hibernating (which was stupid from my part: I should've just turned it off) but the real point are the games. I choose a Nintendo consoles because I wanted the Zelda games, you just choose a console for its games. Who cares about which one has bigger tits/dick.

sounds like you got the short end of the stick considering there's only been one proper zelda game on the system

and it was basically a remake

I was talking about the NES, I don't have a 3DS.

That's the reason why I always buy the japanese Vita titles second-handed (generally no more than 30 bucks) because while I like the handheld and the library, I cant justify giving any of my money to Sony for their numerous fuck-ups.

I absolutely hate the faggots behind the Vita homebrew scene admitting they took steps to prevent piracy despite it's obvious the Vita is dead in the West.

See

Also worth to mention that PurseOwner 4 Golden and DJMax Technika Tune doesnt require a memory card in order save your game (all the saves files are inside the cartridge).

With game modding being now possible on the system, I'm wondering if there will be a way to mod the cartridges so they could their own saves.

3DS still doesnt hold that long in standby even with the wifi/wireless off. I dont think the DS would also hold that long too.

You're missing the long awaited multiplayer Zelda for the 3DS!!!! :DDD
Ugh, I'm so tired of crap like Federation Force…

LBW was great and I REALLY like Majora so I'm glad I have now a remake of that game. The new moon looks kinda weird but I like everything else. I'm no longer playing the original version.

fug

Does the 3DS really switch itself off in standby/sleep?
I kept my new3DS in sleep mode attatched to the charger while I went camping, came back a week later and it was still on

I was considering getting a PSP but not sure right now, does it even still have support?

psp has a massive established library, excellent ps1 support, and a well established homebrew scene. Sony officially dropped support May this year, but this isn't a problem.

WHAT

A

FUCKING

SURPRISE

I guess the price is good now, that was the only reason I never got one in the first place

I see them go for around $50-70 tops these days. Get that, plus a micro sd adapter, two 32gb sticks and you have a fucking ton of games to play.

I have an old psp laying around, I've never emulated anything on it.

So is the PSP a good machine for running NES, SNES, Gameboy games etc?

oh and furthermore what consoles does the PSP emulate? I mean accounting for it's power can it do Dreamcast games?

No. Emulates everything up to the PS1. You can play some N64 games without sound at a decent framerate too.

The 3DS is pretty shit outside of Japan.

The Vita is better, in my opinion
>Popular in Japan so large output of quality games with barely any shovelware Shovelware is mostly indie shit or shit based off bad anime like the recently released Asterisk War game

However, the vita does have problems

Overall I'd say

DS>PSP>Vita>>>3DS

That said, I'm kinda biased since I go for JRPGs a lot.
Oh, also worth noting is that the standby on the vita works like it does with the PSP. You can leave it for a month, come back and it will still have a lot of charge, while my 3DS needs charging every week, even if I'm not using it.

What parallel universe did I just step into? The 3DS has five times the sales of the Vita in Japan. Yeah, the Vita is slightly more popular than consoles, but that's because none of the consoles sell well in Japan. And if you're Xbox One you're not even in the race anymore. 3DS also has a ton of JRPGs, they just aren't localized, and if you're a fan of JRPGs and an adult, you really should be importing and learning moonrunes by now anyway.

My bad, I meant "four" times. Just woke up.

For fuck's sake people, just report and move on

Gonna be honest, the "I can leave it alone for two weeks instead of just one week!" argument is not really that convincing. Like a previous user said, in what situation would you need to keep your handheld away from a charger for an entire week? Do you not sleep in a place with outlets? Similar to I have trouble finding the power button to turn it back on, because it has enough battery life that I can play it, set it on my desk, play it some more, and throw it on the charger when I go to bed (or forget for a couple days and be safe). After a point, the difference in battery life while in standby mode just becomes negligible.

All I want to know is why the 3ds doesn't have that giant library that the DS had?
I mean, sure it has an okay one but it is nothing like the 3ds one.

3DS is only good for Monster Hunter games, Too bad they couldn't be on Vita, too bad Sony tried to jew the fuck out of Capcom. I bet Vita would be a big hit if it had Monster Hunter when it launched. A pity.

At least Vita has all the weebgames 3DS never will, and doesn't have Treehouse to worry about either. But the memory cards are overpriced to hell and back, and the homebrew scene is only just now really starting to take off.

PSP didn't get great until Homebrew/CFW either, but it was still good before the Homebrew

But we have NISA and a few others that are almost as bad.

I sometimes just throw it in my drawer to keep my space clean and forget that it's sleeping. Also I take it to my job to play with friends at lunch or we all play separately.

Same way I feel. Handhelds, I believe, have honestly had a better library than the home consoles these past 2 gens.

It could be like how it was with the PSX. Sony rushed to make deals with a bunch of devs and publishers and convinced them to make games for them. Or it could have to do with the Vita having less limitations, a second analog, and a better install base. I honestly don't know because I bought a 3DS expecting it to get the DS treatment.

I said JRPG, not dungeon crawlers

Your PSP didn't have wireless shit that was always on. Disable wireless on the 3DS and look at it go

Same deal then you flaming faggot. What is a9lh?

Let's do the same one for 3DS

Looks good to me

What the fuck are you smoking? The DS was still built from Nintendium

I don't know if this is good or bad