Overwatch General

Overwatch thread. Last one is on page 15 beyond the bump limit.

Has anybody ever noticed how much of a racist Zarya is? You could argue that "Omnics aren't real people." But they do have souls since Reaper eats them.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/c6yjB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lúcio
m.imgur.com/a/dXJB9
8ch.net/v/rules.html
fakku.net/hentai/life-is-a-battlefield-english
hentai.cafe/manga/series/life_is_a_battlefield/
overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_heroes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?page=7#post-134
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop shilling your shitty game.

There is nothing wrong with posting video game threads on Holla Forums. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there is some kind of conspiracy to post games you don't like.

They have souls.

Even so, they're not a race of people; they're robutts.

Omnics are a race.

Are you a nigger op? Or are you some type of white guilt faggot. Either way you probably should kill yourself.

Omnics aren't people. That would imply they're human.

Not all people are human

Yes, they are.

omnics should be gassed tbh

REMOVE OMNICS
ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND .EXE

robots can't die from suffocation

Yes, and?

It clearly says Whites and East Asians are distinguished from other animals by those three traits.

People still play this trash?

Sage

Actually I wish the female versions from some SFM were made official in TF2, just for the sake of variety, on the other hand the game is still mechanically flawed for my taste (I played it for a while, can't believe how retarded the fixed angle hitbox can be)

mccree remove from the game when

Omnics are sentient or at least claim to be, but I wouldn't say they are a race per se, not sure since race is always applied to organic life forms (mostly)

Yes, thanks for asking.

When Genji and Hanzo become more than just the weeb picks.

Can you really call them weebs when they actually are Japanese?

I don't understand.

I mean, the players who instalock them.

Oh. I guess that makes more sense.

Honestly, why? The hitboxes are garbage, and everyone refuses to communicate.

Shit game all around.

got some OC here

is his millisecond of pocket sand stun still too much for you?

lmao, that line should be in game

kys for making this

They should just give him Ana's sleep dart :^)

The hitboxes in OWaifu are being fixed, while still not perfect changes are being made, in fact that's why Hanzo is a little crippled right now (Roadhog still can hook you through walls)

The game has its own quirks and like it or not, is very friendly with new people, on the other hand people like me who played TF2 find certain techniques still useful in this game, like rocket jumps for example.

Of course in the end it boils down to taste, being shit or not, I would wonder why people still play TF2 either officially or TF2C, the only way I would reconsider playing it would be with a more modern engine without all the garbage code that has ruined the game now.

The hitboxes are only the secondary problem of the game. The worst offense are the severs combined with horrible netcode.

Fix those two things and OW might just be a competitively viable game.

don't worry, just wait until the next episode

Nothing like pelting an enemy mercy and watching her scramble to her team only to die from a stray shot from my team

Can you elaborate on that? I mean, the queues are really bad right now I admit that.

The servers have a tickrate of 20 updates per second in OW. For reference, the matchmaking servers in CSGO have 60 updates per second, and they are considered unplayable by pro players.

The netcode in OW hides how slow the servers are through various tricks, like giving you hitmarkers from long distances even if you do no damage. Essentially this is your client saying to the server "ok we hit from over 'x' meters" and the server disagrees but gives you a "hit" anyway because of how far away you were.

I guess they will have to step up their game in the upcoming tournament then.

I doubt they will do anything about the servers. Upgrading all of them would be very expensive, and considering how casuals already lapped up Overwatch and are asking for more, they probably don't see a reason to.

Bumplock when?

I hope they do.

That's a really old observation. Russia is in the middle of a race war with the omnics right now, it's not surprising she doesn't trust them.

I remember getting downvoted because people were convinced competitive was going to have 60 tick. I was really hoping I would be wrong.

Tickrate is so slow it's almost unplayable

Especially with this games hitboxes.

I feel kind of dirty when I played a class like Pharah, because I'd get all of these direct hits I knew I knew I didn't deserve.

webm related

the hitboxes are 100 times better than TF2 even before the patch that improved them.

Bumplock when?

Bumplock when?

this game is fine
I dont understand why it is loathed so much? Any deets?

Anti-blizzard, anti-multiplayer, anti-mainstream, hipster cred.

Which characters do you main?
Which characters do you want to get better at?

For me its:
Mains:

Want to get better:

Blizzard has a pretty bad reputation, and for understandable reasons.

Additionally this game has 20 tick and insane hitboxes, so projectiles hit a lot of the time when they really shouldn't. This results in shit like Roadhog being able to drag people through walls for instance and maybe they'll pop up behind him even, or people being head shotted by Hanzo when they're not even in his LoS.

In descending order
If no supports, Lucio
If no Reinhardt, I'll play him
If pug comp is decent, probably Pharah. Maybe Junkrat or Roadhog

I should probably start playing S76 at some point just for comp flexibility.

I can play with almost every character, but my weakest picks are Widow, Hog, Genji, Hanzo and Winston.

The later part about the hitboxes is partially fixed, his arrows are no longer trucks, just beetles.

mostly fixed, and as I mentioned earlier they are WAY better than most games. Most games you wouldn't be able to pass a shot through the enemies legs

Almost all of them but Bastion

Swiss Medic

Swiss Medic
All the other ones.

I am still angry about TF2's, I assume is the engine limitation.

Stuff you want in the game aside from rebalance stuff?

Zenny's my boy and he always will be but I've been playing McCree recently and he's a ton o fun too. Reaper's also good for koth matches and Reinhardt for payload.

I wanna get better at Genji no bully.

Make sure you aren't just an annoying fly and that's it.

Possible tier

Highly Unlikely Tier

Will never ever happen

Maybe not campaign mode but what about something like MvM? aka, horde mode? as I said, what I wouldn't like to see there is upgrades for heroes, instead something like dispensers and obstacles.

nth for soldier squat party

Also customizable music for the game maybe? you know, prepare some tracks for looping and change it on your end.

Horde mode would be cool too. It wouldn't be too impossible in the story either. Just get some lowly Talon troops as the enemies. Or set it in Russia and keep fightan against the omnics. Zarya would be delighted, Bastion & Zenyatta wouldn't.

That reminds me of my favourite conversation in the game:
Zarya: I've got my eye on you, Omnic.
Zenyatta: And I shall watch your back in turn.

reminder that overwatch's developers are sjws and the director has a jewish last name
archive.is/c6yjB

Is incredible how some SJWs can make a game that is actually a game then, more so when it has some fanservice.

So that's the narrative you fags are going with this thread, uh? Okay.

Hitboxes were fixed in the latest update, I have no idea why you fags keep ringing that in when people have posted multiple webms and youtube links showing it's fixed now.
I'll even do it again.

20 tick is not true, actually.
The servers run at 60 tick rate, it's the client refresh rate that is only 20 tick. This means you get all the benefits of 60 tick (accurate positions for your enemies) with the benefits of 20 tick (less bandwith usage).
If you think there's a problem here, you don't understand interpolation and should probably refrain from posting anymore.

Hitler was jewish and that didn't stop him from killing 6 million. :^)
checkmate, Holla Forumsedancers

I really want to play this game but i don't think my computer will run it.

It has a AMD a9-9410 R5 2c+3g, 8 gb of RAM.

Am i wasting my time and money getting this game?

I don't think its too difficult to run though it is a bit CPU heavy.

Yeah, i don't want the game on ultra settings, as long as the game runs on a decent framerate i'll be happy.

personally i think you're wasting your time and money even if your computer can run it

I don't like it because there are sjws on the dev team and I don't like ultimates or how the gameplay is based more on class counters and teamwork than skill;

But that's my personal opinion and I can't somehow prove that the game is objectively bad.

What's so bad about teamwork? also, this proves that certain SJWs may be able to do a good job instead of just talking and doing nothing, I mean, they are doing their job.

Well you can't really blame them for not keeping up if they don't play because they don't keep up.

:^)

You can't negate a sage, newfag. How do you negate zero?

None of them even know what 20 tick actually means anyway. I've asked myself what difference it actually makes compared to regular latency, no one has been able to answer.

Even if the hitboxes weren't fixed, they were a million times better than TF2 which used giant fucking rectangles three times as wide as the characters, and better than virtually every single other FPS out there. Almost no games use hitboxes accurate enough to shoot between a targets legs, but overwatch DOES.

They can be conscious machines, that still doesn't make them human.

GO HOME OVERCUCKS

Can you just OD on heroine during your next storyboard brainstorming session already, Metzen.

NEW SUMMER OLYMPICS SKINS REVEALED.

ZARYAS TUMBLRCUT SIDE MULLET REMOVED

SJWS BTFO AND SEEKING COUNSELLING FOR THE TRIGGERING

LACIST!

I suppose the outfit will end the discussion about her figure.

Where's Genji?
Also
Summer is nearly over.

Shit, meant second.

Why are only some of the character there?

i got you fam

Hey Goyim, it's like every other shitty FPS game ever made, but you can look at girls asses!

I'm still not giving blizzion my dosh, but that's a step in the right direction

She reminds me of cherno alphas pilot from pacific rim.

Wasted potential tbh

That BMX reaper is just too RAD to pass

Why does ana look like a man?
When I first saw this image I thought it was a hero that's not yet in the game

but dat widow doe

Name three "shitty FPS games" that Overwatch is similar to

Its just the BR upset its not F2P. Again. Like every day. Let him be.

Oh boy, with my luck maybe I will get one of these and it'll be a winston one, the worst character in the game.

Overwatch anime & live action movie when?

I just wanted to hear genuine answers, I know they're some defective children born with a severe lack of oxygen, but I've never heard them actually argue

Filthy frank anime when?

Soon™

Please just post the real version

So, how do we obtain those skins?

for what purpose?

Special summer lockboxes.

I think they could have found a better hero to fit that role, but then again I'm not sure what else Bastion could be.

disappointing

Isn't that chick actually ugly as sin?

I like the idea, it's kind of like Rockem' Sockem' Robots.

Anybody elses Overwatch updating? Is this the new skins?

OH BOY HERE WE GO.

muh dick

also muh dick no homo

I need it. You can't buy any of these with gold though, have to win them in crates so I'm out of luck.

MUSCLE.PO.WAH.

now i need pixiv tier art of rein and gief being bros and drinking while mika and zarya arm wrassle.

Oh lawdy.

For most fast paced shooters, it's not like aiming between someone's legs is an actual requirement.
Explosive weapons like the Rocket Launcher are aimed at the torso or a nearby surface, you could just have a sphere for a collider and get mostly the same result.
Shotgun-like weapons like the Flak Cannon have lots of different particles and nobody's counting if they hit or miss your balls.
Railgun-type weapons are often aimed at either the torso or above it to hit the head.

You can have the hitboxes shown in your pic and be just fine, the game won't feel worse for it. Better detailed ones can help a lot, like Fallout or Counter Strike with locational damage (shit games but that's a neat detail) and it is the [CURRENT_YEAR] so you kinda expect them, but I wouldn't call them mandatory.

What you can't do however, is complain about Overwatch being worse than whatever abandonware you suck dick off because the hitboxes are worse. I'm sure there are a lot of different valid reasons why Overwatch isn't even close to their level, but Hitboxes is precisely the oposite.

The difference is basically this:
20 ticks per second means that the server always thinks you actually are were you were 0,05 seconds ago. If someone shoots you shortly before you start moving, you'll still be shot if the server though you were where the bullet went through.
This creates some leniency for the shooter that can react a bit slower and still hit you.
If the server was running at 10 ticks, he would have 0,1 extra seconds to hit you, if it was running at 1 tick per second, he gets a full second to still aim at you.

Now keep in mind, the best human reaction times are around 0,25 seconds, twitch-shooter fans can probably squeeze almost 0,2. Now compare it with the 0,05 advantage they get to understand how irrelevant it is. Or even better, with the 0,016 they get in a 60 tick server.

Well shit, I haven't been playing much lately but now I'm going to have to grind those boxes out.

Also this confirms they are doing seasonal events so doesnt this all but confirm the "fuck you tf2" halloween event is happening?

200% American.

RIIIIICCHHHAARRDDDDD

i want to marry a tracer

Oh cool, they give you one for free.
And mine was garbage.

I have noticed that the game often doesn't acknowledge actions I take at the very last fraction of a second before I die. Even if it's something that should have saved my life like a Tracer blink or Genji dash.

Thing is I have no doubt that this shit is pretty much an inevitability in any kind of online shooter and I'm just noticing it more because the kill cams make it more obvious.

I do hope so.

Would be really funny if Valve starts trying to scramble something together at the last second just to try it make it look like they still give a shit.

it's not 'impressive' that sjws made a game if those sjws worked for an aaa company

I don't hate teamwork but I just don't like the games specific blend of almost entirely relying on class choice and 'teamwork'
I'd rather a few people steamroll a whole team than a whole team fail because one or two people chose the wrong class.

For fuck sake save that shit for D.Va at least.

The way I understand it, 20 tick basically adds 0 to 50 extra ms to every data packet while waiting on the server to update. So a 100 latency becomes somewhere between 100 and 150 in effect (100 would be if your packet coincidentally arrived at the precise time the server was ready for it). But then, you don't actually SEE the tickrate, where you do see the lag, so it's not really as noticable as 25 ms more average ping would be.

As for the hitboxes, I was referring to missing a shot "through the legs", something that happens at least occasionally with some significance. I know I've personally missed a sleep dart on Tracer pretty damn close to her crotch.

I believe this is more latency than tickrate. The two are practically the same thing, except that high latency also creates instability whereas bad tickrate only slows down recognition

Dangerously Lewd!

I NEED IT.

I NEED IT!

why is lucio football, doesn't he play hockey. is hockey in the olympics?

He's already got a hockey skin, so I guess they cranked up the BR back to it's logical level.

Can anyone confirm you can get those Rio loot boxes by just levelling up normally?

Now I'm not saying anything but you niggers know what I'm going to say.

you can. got 2 so far that way.

Shame it looks like the rest all get recolours, i long for the day we see Meis bare thighs.
Shes not the best girl in any regard but that flexibility is hot.

i am tentatively excite.

actually, that's exactly the new emote he's got. he does a little rockem-sockem redux, complete with his head popping back.

so it seems like not everyone has a legendary-level skin for their respective sports yet. only tracer, lucio and zarya have sport-specific skins right now. there are several new hidden gems, like emotes, victory poses (all of them involving "medals" from the olympics) and highlight intro's (the junkrat one in particular is great).

Symmetra's always been my favorite girl.

I hope Rein's "IT WAS WOOORTHH IIIIIITTTTT" for charging a team off a cliff and falling with them was added in this patch.

Man, Lucioball kinda sucks. It feels way slower than normal play and the ball collision is really weird.

Holy shit Lucioball is fun.

Wallrides, user. BECOME THE WALL, OUTSPEED THEM ALL!

rein says "100% German Power!" as a new voice line exclusive to the pack.

here's hoping they add new skins as time goes by and the games wrap up.

I'd say Im suprised but Im not at this point

I'm still holding out for rein getting WoW's Headless Horseman on Halloween.

Haven't shooters had football mods long before Rocket League?

super secret

Fuck, now I want this skin and spam "Build a Wall" in chat.

What is everyone's comp rank?

I cannot for the life of me get out of the 50's. I get up to 59 about to get to 60 and then spiral right back to 56 then back up and back down.

I don't get it. I get gold kills and damage. I call targets and get consistently shitty teams that do no talk or play as a team. Too many lone wolfs playing.

What should I do?

But that's not what the game is like at all, especially in Quickmatch. There's a very large selection of heroes you can play and still help your team and you'll hardly go with the wrong class except in incredibly obvious circunstances (that people still miss HOLY FUCK) like double sniper or no Defense.
Most games you can still pick whatever you want and I've even seen teams winning with no tanks or supports, though it's rarer.

You'd rather the game was unbalanced to the point where someone picking the strongest classes could completely invalidated any and all teameffort the other team made?
Sounds like a shitty game, why would anyone play when they know they gotta pick THAT class if they want to win? Why would anyone bother with teamwork when you could just pick THAT class and win anyway?

Or most likely they'll do nothing and acknowledge no matter what they do, it's never gonna be as good.
Of course not! This is Valve, afterall! Expect pumpkin-shaped crates with bat-shaped keys full of spooky hats and a map where you can grind duckstigers to receive even more pumpkin-shaped crates!

Where were you when Blizzard cucked its fanbase with pay-only limited edition skins?

Dead people won't turn into beaners, right?

So, any screens of ping pong Mei?

what is that, and where?

I think you are confusing this with TF2's locked crates.

it's in this video around sevenish seconds

All the latest videos have codes in as part of the ARG for Sombra.
Clang will have a fucking heart attack

Here comes Holla Forums, all dressed up in his Nazi uniform, ready to LARP another Holocaust!
And he comes with True and Accurate information about a game he doesn't play or has any interest in that you should totally believe, even though he provides no links or sources and tries to be as vague as possible so you can't call him on this shit.
Ain't he a grand guy? Everyone, applaud this fine getlemen!

Fuck you, I have played the game. Still makes it shit.

No, it's worse than TF2. It's Smite's model.

Until Overwatch starts charging money for weapons which impact gameplay it can not be worse than TF2.

Zarya with non dyed hair

Isn't Lucioball basically bootleg Rocket League?

you act as if you know about things when you actually don't

Cosmetics impact gameplay. Valve already figured that out

what about that flash after showing USA McCree? Anything in there, like the Ana intro.

you act as if this is the first time this has been discussed in these threads

Those hitboxes are used for hitscan weapons only, not for projectile weapons or actual collision with the map and other players.
This is why you actually can shoot someone inbetween his legs with a sniper rifle but do the same with the huntsman and you hit them.

Possibly, we need to let the autists do their work.

Jesus christ the collision on the ball in Lucio ball is fucking awful. I don't think they tested the mode at all.

yes

so?

Boxes in OW are not lock boxes actually, there is no microtransaction involved unless you want to get extra boxes, but there is no lock, you get them, you open them on the spot.

4 U friend

Okay, I admit I chuckled.

DAS IT. RIGHT DERE. DAS IT MANE.

Was he checking to make sure no one on those buildings was going to be in a position to see him?

I wonder if it's quicker to level up to just play football than quick play.

after peaking the corner for a bit for the first time, there was this red smoke in the air meaning an opponent was standing there. you have to be really careful how you show up when using high noon. if they haven't seen you yet, you have a huge advantage, just gotta wait for them to turn away and you just have to develop a "feel" for that

welp, guess it's never happening.

I havent tried it yet myself but its a set 4 minute match right? can't go into overtime or be extended like payload escort. Seems like an easy farming method.

jesus christ can you blowverwank cucks not handle criticism at all even if it's a guy stating his personal opinion
whenever somebody says 'i personally don't like overwatch' you demand to know why and when they explain why you try to somehow prove whatever they said wrong by pretty much intentionally misinterpreting it or taking what they said to the extreme
"i don't like how the game relies too much on teamwork and class choice instead of skill"
"why do you hate teamwork?"

also i know a lot of you guys hate tf2, probably because you perceive it as competition even though it's nothing like overwatch but projecting a bad update onto it by saying it'll copy it is just pathetic
if anything, lucioball is a ripoff of past time from tf2
I can guarantee you that if lucioball came out first you would say pass time was a ripoff.
Name me one time tf2 has copied overwatch, and competitive doesn't count because it was being beta stress tested way before overwatch was even released.

even putting aside the fact that weapons aren't straight upgrades and don't put you at a direct advantage, you can get them from free random drops and they're so common that buying them is a fucking joke

what the fuck
i literally said that i don't like how the game is too reliant on class choices
you can't just only acknowledge the existence of one of my points at once

It can go into overtime until someone scores if there's a draw. I usually get around 1700-2000 xp a game so maybe it's worth it.

Well, I played Pass Time way before Pass Time existed, it was called Battlefront II 1-Flag CTF.

Well you see, I played pass time before even that, it's called soccer.

Exactly.

Fuck off waifushits

Out of interest: Are there any mechanics you think are inherently unfair?

I think this is an interesting question because some of the ultimates are basically temporary cheats. Aimbot for 76, Wallhack for Widowmaker, Invincibility for Zenyatta. Yet they are all pretty balanced, which must have been a fuckton of work.

Also, it's pretty obvious why Lucioball is a thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lúcio

Overwatch got their summer update out before TF2. Where were you when Valve was BTFO?

roadhog being invincible while healing is horseshit compared to every other tank.

He's not invincible you fucking scrub. You can out DPS his healing and kill him if you're Bastion turret form or actually attacking as a team

No, because there are a variety of interrupts. The game is about leveraging the time coordinated abilities buy you.

There are so many ways to stop him. If you physically cannot stop him yourself, perhaps you should consider whether or not you should be trying to at that moment or not, or who is not doing their job by letting him go unpunished.

u wot m8

LIKE CLOCKWORK

I wanted to like this game, but it's just too slow and looks like Pixar movie. I also imagine it attracts a lot of whiny 12yos.

Porn's bretty gud tho.

Make your own board or fuck off back to 4chan, reddit or tumblr.

And kill your self.
Especially you mark.

I can definitely see that you wouldn't like the speed if you are used to breakneck velocity games. It's no Quake. Honestly, all the abilities wouldn't even work well with such speeds. The gameplay ain't balanced for that.

That it looks like a Pixar movie is a pro in my book, I love the art direction. I understand though if some people prefer a different style.

I've encountered one squealing 12 year old so far. Either out of luck or because people don't communicate a lot in this game. At least verbally. Lot's of typing going on.

Porn is really gud

To be honest I kind of miss the screaming 12-year-old kids that used to be omnipresent in online shooters. Somehow it's not the same without being called a faggot by an autistic child.

The vast majority of melee weapons are either straight upgrades or might as well be. "Stock is best" bullshit only applies to a handful of classes and even then there are exceptions. It doesn't fucking matter though, Valve sells shit that impacts gameplay, "but the stock is best/but their balanced (ha)" is a poor defense given that Overwatch only sells strictly cosmetic shit.

A weapon is common, however there are so many of them at this point that lord knows how long it would take a new player to get the specific one they need and even turning to crafting requires at least several to drop just to obtain a specific weapon that they should be allowed to have to begin with. Let me know when Overwatch starts expecting people to do shit before they can play certain heroes.

The ever popular Casual Mode was basically Valve trying to copy Overwatch having a matchmaker to run their non-competitive games as well. I mean for christ sakes they even put in a fucking xp bar in the game.

Also the victory screen that shows up at the end of competitive games seems to be an attempt for Valve to try and one up the victory screen that Overwatch uses. Though I don't know how long that feature might have been in beta.

One problem I have, and it's a problem I had with TF2 as well, is how heroes charge their ultimates faster by healing, doing that essentially punishes players for trying to damage the enemy. It's not as bad in Overwatch though since at least doing damage helps to build your own ultimate as well. Trouble of course is that Lucio and Mercy's ultimate are among the best in the game.

…Which is why you have someone assassinate Lucio or Mercy at the start of an important fight.

Nice.
Aww.

You can ignore the objective criticisms all you want, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cancer tends to fester, you have to remove it. Lurk more newfag.

Get me out of this fucking cancerous thread.

Whoops thats odd, trying again.

You've failed to mention any.

What part would that be?
All but one thing you wrote was either factually incorrect or just your opinion.

I fancy the game takes some inspiration from Disney's Big Hero 6, sort of like how Valve was taking some inspiration from The Incredibles.

Also I think you're more likely to get 12 year olds in "serious" shooters since they're the ones who've got a "mature games for mature gamers such as myself" mentality going.

It's a bit like saying "all we have to do is defend/secure the objective, no problem" killing the support is great, but you're talking about the heroes that a competant team will do everything in their power to protect.

Whenever you engage an enemy in this game you'll have no guarantee that you will succeed in killing them, there wouldn't be a game if there was, however at the very least in the event that you fail to kill them your efforts shouldn't consequently help the enemy, that is backwards game design.

Translation: FUK U BLIZZ WHY NO F2P DIS BULLSHIT JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

What competent teams are you vsing fam? I'm vsing level 300 rank 70 koreans at level 40. You coordinate with your team to get picks, bait over-extensions, or do combos such as rein/mccree advance on enemy rein/mccree, your mccre flashes enemy rein to down shield, get the hammer, focus down healers, etc.

Killing the squishies becomes even less of a problem when you reach a level where you're vsing good people, since you also have good people. The real problem is logistics- how many resources do you want to commit into killing the targets, at what stage of the push/defense, etc.

So after like ~20 games of Lucio ball I think I've figured out some pretty reliable strats and tips

Zarya's bulkan.

is lucio ball the fastest way to level up or regular quick play? do you have to play ball or is it any level up?

I'm getting about a level an hour by playing football. Seems a little quicker than quick play but I couldn't say for sure. Less stressful anyway.

Another good trick is to hide in your opponent's goal, m2 the goalie away and ult, it's often a free point.

If you meant to say "do you have to play ball for summer boxes or is it any level up" then the answer is it's any level up. Summer boxes entirely replace regular ones for the month. Lucio ball is probably a little faster, it's ~4 minute rounds and I'm getting almost 1.9k a game with consecutive game and gold medal bonuses. You're also probably more likely to get gold medal bonuses since there's only three people per team to split medals across. You get more exp from normal games due to their length but I don't know if the amount offsets the time, I think I average around 2.1k in those.

Actually, self-damage doesn't help you charge your abilities faster in Overwatch. It's tracked seperately and healing it does not give extra charge to any healer.
On one side, it removes an element about preparing an offensive push by charging first, which was a common strategy in TF2.

On the other side however, that strategy entailed a soldier and a medic standing behind doing nothing for some 2-3 minutes but damage himself which was quite boring, and even worse was that there was no counterplay except by the other team overextending and finding them, which was a mistake on it's own.

The fact that you can gain charge from healing and even from self-healing is basically a reward for actually staying alive. If your oponents can't confirm their kills, their damage fed you as well.
Although, to be honest, they also gain charge from the damage they deal, so it's also a matter of balance. If they get more charge for the damage they deal than the charge you get for healing, it's still in their favour.

1 level per hour is about standard. Remember that exp is primarily based on time.

If you can win games in rapid succession the win and gold bonuses might help but then shorter games mean more time waiting for matchmaking and game starts.

I wasn't talking about self-damage, I just think that damaging the enemy, something you're supposed to do, shouldn't in in any circumstance help the enemy team (Genji deflecting is different since it's a case of failing to damage him).

See as far as I'm concerned the reward for staying alive is that you're still on the battlefield able to heal your teammates. You don't need a better incentive than that.

Yeah that's the other factor to consider, which is why I was comparing the usefulness of support ultimates with the other heroes.

Is it even possible for women to be that thick in muscle mass?

also zarya looks good for once. satisfies muscle girl fetish

Anything is possible in the futureworld of overwatch, apparently. This, along with the MOST AMERICAN skin are ones I absolutely must get before these boxes disappear.

t-thanks blizz

ALSO FUCK THE ASSHOLES ON ATTACK THAT REFUSE TO BE OFFENSIVE AND HANG BACK.

Do you think Blizzard realises that her original design actually looks retarded?

it's honestly just the hair for me. It's like they initially designed everything else and found her great, but decided to appeal to the tumblr crowd by giving her a half-assed vibrant color haircut. everything about her design is just ok but not the hair. it doesn't fit

literally any other haircut could do (they further keep trying to push this with the legendary skins)

i'm sure they do.

Did the servers start shitting themselves for anyone else?

yep looks like battle.net is down.

Yup.

R.I.P

There was a bug where the tutorial was giving xp
SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.

63 now. I just worked my way back up after falling from 64 to 50.

I mostly solo queue or play with my one shit friend who mains offense and can't get out of the 40s. Most of my wins come from solo.

I main supports. Mercy is my most played but lately it's been a lot of zen and lucio. Aside from lucio beong so broken a brain damaged BR could play him, supports are team players by necessity. A good support keeps the team together just by being there.

My only real advice though is don't get mad. As the saying goes you catch more flies with honey. No matter how shit your teammates are don't yell at them and try not to let it get to you either because it will affect your play.

Started shitting out right in the middle of a match, got some easy goals off it.

54, im not that good at this game

meant to quote

Pic unrelated, right?

Oh apparently one of those edgy children hacking groups is DDoSing Blizzard.

So has Blizzard ever acknowledged the blatant sever problems? And with that, i don´t mean the tickrate meme. I mean, that every once in a while the game just kicks you out of a match randomly and then doesn´t let you join back in. This shit has cost me like 10 ranks already. It´s so fucking frustrating, and Blizzard doesn´t even seem to know, that this is a problem. Although i went to the forums and found dozens of threads about this problem in an instant.

Yeah but anas face there accurately portays my feelings.

This delicious cinnamon bun needs more art.

Because fuck lookatdis ere milf meng.

Sorry but I really think you need to go back to >>>/tumblr/

Someone needs to leave thats true.

It's more the terminology that gives you away. Please don't sully MILFs.

You are trying to push wrongthink policing and calling others tumblr, theres a discrepancy here friend.

according to blizzard's twitter they are under a ddos attack

It's a shame.

I should get around to drawing more of her tho.

god damn it

its a damn shame.
This is like early league but accelerated. Good fan art and community but poisoned by "toxicity". No game stays good after its opened to the public

I got 3 blues. All icons.

Kill me.

Kill yourself

All I want is the GBR skin for Tracer. I wonder if they'll allow them to be bought with gold later on.

m.imgur.com/a/dXJB9

its 2016

lol

That can't be real.

Why? i mean, containment general threads exist for a reason.

Containment threads do not exist on 8ch, cuckchanner

I see, so people are spamming more and more OW threads at the same time?

Her entire childhood was watchin her friends and family get slaughtered by omnic. She grew up fighting for her life in an already shit hole of a country. What do you want from her?

Why is zenyatta so based?

You shouldn't play dva

what are they upset about?

No, dumbass

He shoots metal balls at people and kicks them. what's not to like?

attractiveness
Robot Krillin with Dragonballs

Then why is it bad to have this one thread?

He's an omnic.

Shiggy

Nice butt cape to avoid triggering retarded cunts.

Also

Into the trash.

You make a hell of an argument.

Permabanned for using hacks

But it will trigger anti-brexit cunts.

YOU CANT MAKE ME, DAD.

not only that, the guys who made the hack are getting sued, thats why the jew is asking for donations

Then may I be the first to suggest you leave?

Why?

Please explain what is wrong with the game rather than crying like a baby.

Sounds like OW threads killed your entire family and raped you with a barbed pole or something.

this is my board, not your board. now get the fuck off my board!

yes but, how is the game ruining "your" board anyway?

than leave the Overwatch general

I hope you enjoy feeling triggered little girl

Yet here you fucking are you retarded ape.

So far, I've seen nothing but frank discussion and porn of the game in these exact threads, save for the occasional asshat telling us to sod off. They're even being gentle enough to stay in one single thread rather than spam the whole board with it.
I'm not willing to go to SJWchan nor Leddit for it either, since their community is even worse than here, where everyone will suck Blizzard's fat cock without any thought.

Why not simply hide the thread?

You're trying too hard, son.

Wait, you are the owner? I thought there were tools and all that so you could ban or block certain content.

So you hate it because it's popular. You'd do well on tumblr since you're such a hipster.

Mains:

Want to get better:

this happens a lot here. you got one dumb idiot like that guy spam a thread with dumb shit like that every fucking time. senran kagura threads gets it

I don't even like this game, but reminder you can report people for shitting up the thread and they most likely will get banned.
8ch.net/v/rules.html - rule 8.

This only happens because every single thread there is always a shitter who comes here to tell everyone off because Overwatch is shit without even giving any arguments, thus giving the impression that Holla Forums DOES hate vidya. It doesn't make any sense.

Thanks user.

More people really should read the rules, a simple report could stop this mess.

But that's subjective, user

I shitposted the ever loving fuck out of the obvious Overwatch shill threads months ago before it came out but if there's actual discussion about a game that people are enjoying how the fuck is that shilling?

Grow the fuck up and stop whining about a game you've never played.

Its been like that for awhile

Any and all game discussion=shilling.

They should really let you emote after a goal kinda annoying that my celebrations are always cut short unless I do it preemptively.

there was also competitive matchmaking before it was in tf2 or overwatch and people still say tf2 put it in to copy overwatch even though it's a generic concept and the beta started before overwatch was released

nobody here understand the concept of subjectivity user

He's got balls of steel.

Could it be the salty Chinese?

People says Valve were copying Overwatch because they even changed non-competitive play to emulate Overwatch's matchmaker. No one in TF2's community had asked for that.

Salty cheaters due to the latest ban wave

How recent?

3 days ish

domination feels nice

OK, that's very recent, I didn't even know, I thought it was only for those dudes who repurchased the game to cheat again.

skins are nice but this is all fluff
holy shit

I enjoy the salt that ulting inside the enemies goal brings

Apparently it's a bunch of guys salty they couldn't crash the pokemon go servers so they crashed blizzard's instead.

So they are just some of those script kiddies who want to make a name for themselves like a lizard squad or something?

their name is poodlecorp, and yeah, they're pretty shit

Patch?

nothing matters

It's just like real soccer.

This new mode is shit. If even one person leaves, it's an instant reinstance.

AND IF THE GAME PUTS YOU IN THE FUCKING GOAL LINE, YOU'RE THE GODDAMNED GOALIE, DON'T FUCKING LEAVE THE GOAL.

What compels people to think the proper position for a defender is in front of the offense

So apparently there's a bug that can cause a random hero to spawn instead of Lucio and you can kill all the enemy Lucios.

Reaper "nerfed" apparently he can no longer wraith out of stuns.
THANK YOU!

Who is the cutest hero?
"Cutest" doesn't have to mean "one you want to fuck the most".

if im goalie and ive got my ult up, i'll poke my head out to try and make a play. more often than not it works out in a good way.

Bastion.

Bastion, clearly.

winston

Umaru

Three words for them: "terms of service"

I can only imagine how some people would defend the cheaters only to spite Blizzard, and I am not even a Blizzdrone, I only recently made an account to play this game.

opened 6 boxes already. i got two really shitty voice lines, an icon and 3 really shitty sprays. thanks blizzard, great event :^)

like Undertale

I got the marathon Tracer, I would have preferred the Union Jack instead, in both cases the painted nails ruin it for me.

Like any popular game, really. I can sort of understand it, though, because of exactly how that game went.

I got two legendary skins from two crates, back-to-back. They were non-summer legendary skins that I don't like. Biker 76 and indian tech support.

At least I got karate zen spray in the free crate. But I'm probably not going to get good Zarya

All I want is Sprinter Tracer and American Mcree. Is that so much to ask? I keep getting non event related junk.

I know that feel. If I can just get the red summer zarya and USA McCree I can leave this event happy. I mean as much as I'd like to get OVERBR lucio or Tracer's delicious spats, I can do without them.

I want either summer Zarya skin just so I could play her. I hate how she looks so much I haven't put one second on her.

Then again I haven't played - since beta - Genji and Mercy

If anything I want red Mercy, I am pretty sure I won't be getting that many crates in the next 20 days.

I know that feel. I didn't really touch her until I popped her Arctic skin. But to have a proper blonde haired one would be 10/10. Zarya's fun, though. It's satisfying to slap a barrier on roadhog and get that charge in a second.

Current theory:
One thing of note: Blizzard rarely bans a few people at a time. The reports usually pile up in hundreds of thousands. That's why people took to calling it "Ban wave". It's that many players getting banned. And Blizzard don't care, those idiots already paid 40$ (some even paid 60$ for the collectors edition, the stupid sods).
Who is poodlecorp? After the head honcho of Lizardsquad got v& (learning to suck Jamal for a living now) nearly all of them scrambled into their ratholes. Another "h4x0r" group called "Teh P00dles" or some such idiocy takes them in, and they're going to "teach the world about safety and how insecure the internet is".

Which is laughable, since they didn't actually hack anything on Blizzards side. They just run a shitty zombie network (you know that tech-illiterate uncle you have that clicks every pop up? That's their main victim) and use it to take down servers for the grand total of 30 minutes at a time.
They did it when Overwatch launched competitive aswell, trying to take the increase in traffic to help their pathetic ddos net.

Most IRC networks where actual hackers hangout (read: perma-virgins that fellate their arduino) barely talk about them except the ocasional joke. They're that pathetic.
Search their tweeter for a quick laugh.

End game for the Jew who hired them?
Fuck if anyone knows. The guy might be legitimate insane and think "this will cause a massive finacial blow to blizzard, and now they can't buttrape me in court!"

He should go to the Nostalrius guys and ask for some lube.
Thought that Nostalrius shit was a bad move from Blizzard. For shame.

Kinda of a shame yeah. I never really cared about the 200 shields since I just charged in like an idiot and kept dying.
Then I discover what wonder they are when you peak from cover, shield your allies who dive (like retards and die) and reach that sweet, sweet "100".
I call Zarya "Gameplay Futa" now. The enemy keeps rubbing me, and I keep getting bigger, until I have a 100 inches erection and skullfuck them back to spawn.

That's a neat analogy, but let's keep futa as far away from the musclegirl as possible. Not really a matter of prevention, but to stave off the inevitable as long as possible.

When the fuck did that happen

I'm not even going to waste a bait image on this…

Crates that don't need keys.

They're free. Learn to read.

Yet.

Until they roll out the special skins that you can buy at such a low, low price….

Yet… uh, you think they would take them away from the leveling system? besides, yes, you can buy extra crates, and so far they have no different drop rates, if they pull a dirty move you bet the community will be upset.

there is a lot of gated content that is inaccessible considering you only have one month to get 90ish items

people are already upset you can't use credits for the summer shit

Yeah, but since you get a box per hour (give or take) of gameplay it's not like you'll be lacking in boxes.

Fuck off with this shit.

Not being able to use credits is kind of bullshit, if there's only one skin you want then the odds of getting it if you're not a NEET is really low, especially with all the filler in the summer boxes, though it seems like you're guaranteed at least one summer drop from them.

Well guys, lucioball has been a lot more fun than I had anticipated. :^)

You can play lucioball with other characters?

tempting
but I will drop game just as quick

It's a bug.
But I hope they don't patch it out.
I still wanna try Reinhardt as Goalie.
Or Iris preserve us, Junkrat.
Can you even imagine the possibilities?
COME ON BLIZZARD
IT'S WAITING TO HAPPEN

Well, if you're not a neet, you can drop some of that disposable income into it.
Why not. My metric goes as follows:

Dropping 100$ on a game straight away is always a mistake. But I'd do it gradually as long as the game keeps getting updates and new shit added to it. I know I kept buying Terraria keys to give out since I liked that game that much.

The map would have to be a hell of a lot bigger for most of those characters to work. It already feels really small as is.

yeah, no. are you some kind of masochist?

That's a pretty crazy metric. I usually expect an hour of entertainment for a Euro. So with Overwatch I will probably get more than I paid for.

I just want a blonde Zarya.

Better play a lot then, someone pointed out in the chat, the fact that there are regular items in event boxes is kind of stupid.

playing a lot doesn't change much. you still need to be extremely lucky for that unbox you could get 200 levels/boxes and you could still end up empty handed

Sadly, but the only other way is buying extra boxes, which would send them the wrong message.

my bet is retards already spent hundreds on the boxes so the "sending the wrong message" part has already been done

I guess…

she is a cute

A CUUUUUTTTE

source

I play Mercy, but instead I got a SharkHog, I want that skin.

at least i got the red legendary reinhardt skin.

I have noticed I get more EXP in competitive, I assume it is because matches last longer.

I've noticed people are spamming vs ai and doing for temple of anubis attack which takes about 40 seconds to beat.

*and leaving unless its abunis attack, brainfart.

Wait, you can get EXP in vs AI?

not as much but when the matches take less than a minute on attack its well worth it.

interesting, I'll give it a try.

after first day bonus you get around 1500+ xp per match which isn't insane on its own but that builds up when matches are way faster.

The meet your match update was the summer update,retard.

How do I get good with widow? Any tips of vids

Once again Pat spent 300 dollars on boxes and his girlfriend went nuclear.

Manlets, will they ever learn?

Range harass and fuck over turrets and bastion.

Sombra spotted in cloaked form in seasonal trailer

Took me a while to find this shit:
fakku.net/hentai/life-is-a-battlefield-english
If you dislike fakku for whatever reason, at least you have the title there.

Fuck yeah, now I can finally creep around Nosferatu-style.
Can't wait to be even more of a fucking cunt than Genji or Mei.

how did you find it? i tried reverse image searching on a few sites and nothing came up

i said it before and i say it again
CLANK like we have never had CLANK posters before.

wtf is this subscription shit

Subscription?

Either hes confused or some anons have no idea what Overwatch actually is.

for that doujin

saucenao.com did it for me.
Fakkun seems to require a subscription, but you have hentai.cafe.com for this:
hentai.cafe/manga/series/life_is_a_battlefield/

We haven't heard her voice yet, she may very well be an Omnic, especially since she's a hacker or something.
It's not that robot you see in the Overwatch picture with all the heroes, that one is Athena, Winston's AI. You can see a symbol on her head that matches Winston's PC.
However, considering both the picture and her level of detail, she's most likely gonna be an addition to the game.

Fakku requires subscriptions because some people actually pay for porn, that's what he means. I didn't knew that before I linked it, so here's a new link for free.

Maybe shes the blackwatch equivalent to Athena?

Blackwatch was over the day Overwatch was destroyed as well, it's the Talon Company now. (probably so it wouldn't sound so confusing for fans)

I still maintain my theory that Talon was created by a very powerful Omnium that nobody knows it even exists yet, with the purpose of exacerbating the war between Omnics and Humans.
Sombra is confirmed as a member of Talon and considering we haven't got a single "evil" Omnic yet (Bastion doesn't count, he's Overwatch actually) she may very well be an Omnic herself, acting as a Lieutenant and scout.

is that comics from author/company that send DMCA request to sadpanda after fakku bought the rights?

overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_heroes

Any designs you'd like to see in the game?

Well someone had to make the hacking device reaper uses in the recall cutscene.

This is my first time being in an active ARG and it's a pretty wild ride. I've got fuckall for anything even tangibly related to codebreaking but just seeing it unfold is something.

The robot, the niggress with white hair, and "Totally not nightwing"

*Robots
there was supposed to be an s there.

It makes sense.

The game isn't a subscription, but it is intended to get constant free updates. Blizzard has to have some way to keep making money off of it considering sales have probably already dried up.

There's no reason to buy regular loot boxes at all. By the time you hit level 100, which if you are dedicated enough to consider spending money you will, you'll have enough coin to buy whichever skins you actually want. By the time you are level 200 you'll probably have ALL the best skins one way or the other. By the time you are level 300 you should have enough spare coin to buy any skin that comes out in the next year.

So by that point, they literally cannot release purchasable (with coin) skins and expect people to even care about farming them, let alone buying them with real money. Limited edition, non-purchasable skins though, that's something people will spend money on random chests for. After all, with less than a month of availability most people won't be able to earn them at all.

So yeah, this is how they can continue to add heroes, maps, and gamemodes for free without going full TF2 on the cosmetics.

Good. Now I don't need to worry as much about these boxes. Just need the stars to

God damn it.
…to align and give me the best zarya skin.

I really hate that the only native american we've got is a fancy pharah skin
I want a red skinned John Redcorn sounding motherfucker dammit
though I don't know what his/her shtick would be

He'd shoot arrows, have a 'tracking' ability that'll let him detect enemies and share this info with his team, has an ability in which he fires a highly damaging arrow on a long cooldown, and his ult is some DOT area denial projectile that looks like a pair of bison.

The bug is something to do with dying while in a goal when there's a score. Played two amazing matches with a guy who managed to change to Mcree, we absolutely rekt shit.

The free summer crate I got gave me red weightlifter zarya, so good… Wish there were some new skins for mei, d.va, widowmaker etc, though

WEW

I have no idea why I replied to that post.

Lucioball ults are the new roadhog hook

Did Peacemaker get any changes recently? It feels a little weaker somehow.

You mean McCree's gun? They took back most of the range boost they gave it when they released ana and buffed fan the hammer and flashbang back slightly.

Welp, that'd explain why I'm tickling scrotums again when I come around a corner.

Also speaking of Fan the Hammer, wasn't it pure recoil when the game originally released, meaning you could control it and still be accurate? Now it's recoil+random spread.

I THINK that the full damage range is still higher, but the maximum range (where it hits minimum damage) is lower. Their patch wording is ambiguous and it's hard to test without help.

basically they lowered the range that his peace keeper is effective at but the range is still higher then it was at release. his fan the hammer has been buffed by making him shoot faster

It was always a random spread plus recoil, it was just a fairly small and predictable spread.

Well right now it can hit basically anywhere in the large circle at random, meaning something like 30 degrees to the left or right as well as up or down. It may as well be a shotgun effect.

Not that I care, random spread is a fact of life in this sort of game and I don't even play McCree anyway.

Now that the latest spray clearly shows mei isn't "THIIIICK" are the fetishists and tumblrinas gonna sperg out

Probably.

I will be sad, but i had a massive folder of thick art of her from pixiv that servs my needs.

Speaking of which, I would like a Tokusatsu hero in the future, the native American hero on the other hand…

There ARE summer skins for them, they are just not as different as the more coveted ones.

Goddamn give me the good skins already.

utter horseshit.

Man I know that feel. I mainly play lucio and I've had to buy every cosmetic item that wasn't a basic recolour or spray. And even then I had to buy the spray I really wanted. Opposite of that I have three legendary hanzo skins, two for genji, and I've gotten four duplicates of widowmaker's golden 250c skin.
FUCK YOU BLIZZARD, I REFUSE TO BE A BURDEN ON THE TEAM

I got a Diva intro, I guess is the lesser of two evils (the other is TF2 style crates)

finally I'm getting sick of these chubby chasers

Fuck this shit, I'm going back to lucio ball

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?page=7#post-134

Fuck you too lucioball. Fuck these summer games sprays, who the fuck is ever going to want to spray tracer jumping over nothing on walls

I'm the same except Zarya, have almost everything but dont play her.

level up moar

Fuck off Jeff.