Play 2005 Andrei Tarkovsky's King Kong: The Official Game of the Kino with all UI turned off

How does this shit get so much praise?

Other urls found in this thread:

thurot.com/2012/09/06/metro-2033-the-index/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait, what?

Metro 2033 is gud because muh atmosphere. It has a lot of nvidia specific post fx which can slow it down a lot. tbh it sounds like you just suck, kino vidya are as easy as it gets in terms of difficulty.

dont even think twice man, uninstall this tripe

fucking shitty games wanting players to be all retards just following orders

Well, the atmosphere is good indeed, but it feels too "noisy" to be realistic. Fallout 3 tier environment details is enough.

lol what the fuck

I wish was joking, I really do.
That shit made me quit the game for nearly 4 months until I decided to retry and then google out of spite, because I couldn't believe I was being so terrible at this game.
Shit devs, but alright game. The first one was far better, though.

Here, faggot: thurot.com/2012/09/06/metro-2033-the-index/

Git gud, too.

Please get out of my bidya

Giving the game a download right now. Better be as good as you mention, OP.

Get off my board faggot

Mepto enviroment isnt that detailed tough, just has far better graphics and effects

How good is the King Kong game btw? I remember playing a few years ago and those big fucking centipedes scared my shit

Not realistic, but enough. We don't need fancy effects and detailed glossy environment models in Metro because the devs is incapable make it to look realistic anyway. They just hurt the performance.

One of the best linear cinematic FPS I've ever played. Worthy of GOTY if it was longer.

You know that Fallout 3 and 4 are literally the worst cases of theme park world design videogaming has ever had, right?

something something muh atmosphere

Your turn

Oh, right, pardon me:
>look realistic

something something STALKER did it better.

Your turn.

Something something STALKER can only be played so many times

Check

Something Something, Metro is so linear you can only play it once.

Mate

and?

newfag detected

But user, if I'm done with STALKER and am looking for another Slav-simulator of postapocalyptia, Metro fills that hole for sometime.

Also you have to say checkMATE, not mate.
Now king me

There's your problem right there, KEEP PLAYING.

I will king your queen if you know what I mean.

i will fuck you both in the ass

no lewdness allowed on imageboard premises~

No, it just ruins the feeling of desolateness.

Fine, I'll replay it when I get bored of what I've been playing.

Don't speak of such lewd things

Please stop triggering me by taking the name of Andrei Tarkovsky in vain and vacate the premises immediately, thank you.

I FUCKING DARE YOU TO ACTUALLY DO IT

I'm Lonely

The visual effects are fucking blinding in LL, and they made the gameplay shite with an absurd emphasis on either 100% stealth or straight combat, instead of using whatever's efficient and forging your own path.

C'mon, user, obviously Last Light is non-canon. They turned Khan into a fucking magical negro.

didnt the writer of the books helped with the story?

Yup, and look how that turned out. The original Metro 2033 book wasn't bad, though - it was written amateurishly as fuck, but it was filled with good ideas contrasting greatly with all the shit Last Light is filled with.

What's with this "muh linear" meme?
Why do people want open-world?

Story-based games, particularly ones with the stories roots in pre-existing works have always been linear.

OP is a faggot.

Its about open world, it's about not having to follow an NPC that is constantly throwing monologues at you, while all you do is follow and listen.

It's 2shallow4me. The gameplay and scenes are too action-y and fast paced for a game that prides itself in muh atmosphere. Tarkovsky loved to make it slow, slow camera motion and meditative dialogue, to let the audience focus on what they see and hear and immerse themselves in the film. Metro 2033 is too "noisy" like what I've told you. So many things happening at the same time. The NPC's don't act realistically, they always talk too fast, their dialogues suck, and they crack a joke everytime no matter in what situation they're in. It felt more like an action game than a survival post apocalyptic game.

On an unrelated note I find that many people living for 20 years without sunlight, clean air, or at least a nuclear powered generator unrealistic.

That's not how information consumption works.

That particular scene in Solaris was meant to showcase the coldness and shallowness of scientists and intellectuals.

That's deep, man, we all know Mr. Tarkovsky was all about tearing down those strawmen.

Cryostasis, Afterfall

C'mon, that's not a simulator, that's a hollow, AAA-modeled game. As of an hour in, at least

Have you slit your wrists yet or are you waiting to get enough pain pills to end it?

Yeah the game is pretty bad especially that one retarded QTE sequence that pretty much requires you to plug a controller because it somehow expects you to know what key you're supposed to press by using a prompt with a key that doesn't even fucking exist on your keyboard

Although there's a couple twist that are actually pretty neat still need to sit through the whole fucking thing though and I'm not sure I'd call it worth the time

dont i look like some buyfag pleb, kiddo?

The worst fucking part is changing the fucking grenades, where you need to hold a key (which will make you defenseless and immobile) and guess what the fuck you're picking by sound. They also changed the first game's system to that consolized piece of shit in the Redux version.

agreed, if you want to play metro get the non redux version.
I've heard people bitch about it's stealth which can be a little wonky but it's much more realistic than the sneak up on enemy and knock them out with a cut scene button punch.
Also the items on the soldiers body can actually block your knife throws so you have to aim carefully cause sometimes you'll just end up getting your knives stuck in their gear.

story time:

just like 3DPD world

I hate those parts too

dubs confirm
also nice life lesson man

You could tell they didn't give a fuck about ranger mode in LL.
'Course I should've seen that coming since Ranger was originally DLC.