Earth Defense Force

CUTE INVADERS EDITION

USEFUL LINKS

All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw

Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1

DON'T FUCKING FORGET TO SAY IN WHICH REGION YOU ARE PLAYING WHEN HOSTING, YOU MUST BE ON THE SAME STEAM DOWNLOADS SERVER TO PLAY TOGETHER
(you can change it in steam > settings > downloads)

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/bz2etu
poal.me/rdn9jb
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming
steamcommunity.com/groups/EarthDefenseForth
steamcommunity.com/games/410320/announcements/detail/881963009553024651
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I forgot this poal

VOTE HERE TO CHOOSE A SERVER FOR Holla Forums UNTIL THEY REMOVE REGION LOCK

poal.me/bz2etu

I hope they remove this shit switching between EU countries is a pain god damn it

Terrible, it kills the game for me.
It would be much better if weapons and vehicles were unlocking based on your progression like you know moves in Oni or units in Starcraft. Or at least DMC style where you choose what to unlock and in what order.
But no, gotta collect them boxes and replay them missions. Why japs are so obsessed with grinding and replaying the same content endlessly? It also killed Monhun for me, what the fuck.

Why the hell people grind, I just play most missions with a class in hard and when I'm done jump in hardest and then Inferno, I can't understand why people need to grind.

Got a lv 39 Balam and a lv 35 AA Vegalta just from that, only had to kill two pesky drones.

Git gud

Just wanted to say that I just played a bunch of games with a Swedish friend of mine and I live in the US. I couldn't find his game via searching but I was able to directly invite him through my friend's list.

its not region locked for invites but it is for regular joining

Direct invit work the best, I once played with an user switching to his country server this work fine too.

Is everyone here on Rhodesia server?

There is no Rhodesia server.

So what server should I play on?

It's on PC now so maybe there is a save file with the weapons unlocked.

For now play on whatever server you feel like, the poal was a suggestion made by another user to try to regroup a bit.
Don't forget if you host you can still post your room name and server some anons will probably come to play.

If I remember well you can't modify the save but you can still use hacks to unlock weapons.

Yea, I'll be fine playing on the Japanese servers with people who belong to a superior culture.

Also, OP, please post the rest of the cutes, I was told there was a Balam-tan I've yet to see.

At this point, whoever makes a Holla ForumsDF room should also specify the datacenter they're playing on.

They're all joke categories, there's no reason that anything other than smartsteamemu should be even considered.

Question! Can you pub online in this, or is it invite only?

I have a lot of friends on steam but none of them ever have the games I own.

You can pub no problem.

you fags tried so hard to make this crap into another meme game

lol

lol

Because they dont want to die? You know you're not only have to grind for the weapons, but also your armor. Good luck doing inferno with under 1K armor without getting 1 hit kill.

Ok.

Masterrace everyone, ruining yet another game with cheats

Stay mad tourneyfag

Hows the performance?

ONIICHANS ARE BEING ATTACKED BY GIANT INCEST

did you hacked it?

No, I'm at 200 hours played and exclusively played Ranger

I dont know if that sounds boring or extremely enjoyable due to Rangers extremely basic mechanics but top tier arsenal.

I just have fun using assault rifles/grenade launchers.

I solo most waves if I have the right kit, ants are a breeze with my default kit and I think ranger gets the best sniper in the game, at least in terms of dps/consistency in the form of the stringer, it does 12k damage and pierces. Reload is only 8 seconds.

Oh and if we're talking single player, I could probably solo every level on inferno with the assault rifle.

Im glad you liked the game user, my hope and all those threads including the botched Ghostlight announcement were not in vain.

It shouldn't matter if they're playing with armor limits on.

Or does Inferno have no armor upper bound for any of the missions?

Inferno removes armor limit on higher levels if i remember correctly

Are you implying that we won't go and liberate Rhodesia from the Giant Nigger Insect Infestation as a result of both this poll and meme magic?

Meme it

I can't stop playing Wing Diver. I hate the stupid looking thing, the weapons tied with power is absolutely terrible, and most the stuff is either horribly weak, horribly situational, or consumes so much power you'll die before you get anywhere.
Yet I can't stop playing it.

I think it's the fastness. Playing Air Raider is suffering when most the actually good vehicles are painfully slow, or just barely decent. Grape's probably the most fun to drive, but it bounces everywhere and controls like shit.

Pic related

Man, Wind Diver has great weapons, please try the highest Idunn you can get.
Notable mentions to shit like Thunderbow, some snipers, single shot lances and some snipers.
But really I think it's fair that a class with such high mobility doesn't have the best weapons. I come from a Fighting game background and it really makes sense when you put it some thought.

And yes, Air Divers vehicles should have better handling (and maybe get a bit more of armor, at least the ground ones) or be slightly faster. I tried to do some solo missions with high enemy spawn to get some equipment and it's fucking suffering.

Sounds to me you haven't unlocked Mind Bullets yet.

Pics related is on Inferno, before and 10 seconds later

Wing Diver weapon are great and do a lot of damages.

Maybe I just have shit weapons or something, but most of the ones that don't drain some 30% power are simply rubbish. Laser rifles do piss-all damage, and rapiers, while nice, have absolutely no range.
Only good weapon is the lance, but that also has a way too small range, and terrible damage.
Thunderbow works, but that's got the issue of yet more drainage. It's killing me.
To add insult to injury, they've got the single most annoying female voice I've heard in any game.

I think I have a Giest, but the issue is it travels so slow I can't even hit Hectors with it. Too bad. Maybe I just need to get a better model.

Wing Diver do have some very powerful AOE weapons that don't take so much energy to use, but a lot of the weapons that are great against Hectors require you to get very close in to have any effect.

Oh forgot about the rapiers, also forgot to mention the CHAINSAW, that shit can obliterate big enemies in seconds.

Wing Diver has a lot of close range weapons because unless it's an enemy who constantly shoots (an example would be an hector) they can't touch you if you constantly move, like they probably can touch you a bit, but that's it, not even the flying enemies that you encounter are going to touch you too much if you keep moving.
I advise to never ever engage multiple spiders, more than 1 hector and those fucking tripods at close range as a Wing Diver.

You soloed with a support class against what it is worst at. Are you actually complaining about how difficult a battle that would be.

Rapier is pretty gud for early level but useless in higher difficulty compared to high levels rapiers.

Maybe we should open a new poll with the most (well, the only) voted locations of the previous one and turn off adding new entries because god dammit I'd be OK with that if Rhodesia was even a valid place.

Titan or Proteus = murder.

But WTF is it with the Proteus missile launcher, and why doesn't the driver get any weapons?

hmm, yes, but it was a mission from offline mode, I think that they are supposed to be doable with all classes.
I was playing hard anyways so it makes sense that a not optimal class would be harsh.
And no, I didn't just have all equipment at level 0-10 (but the variety was a bit lackluster) and my life wasn't lower than 400.

The Proteus is just one of those things EDF has to reward people into playing together and having fun with friends, like the 3x HP multiplier if you are soloing Online.

I prefer keyboard and mouse most of the time but this game feels better with a gamepad for some reason

Most TPS do with some exceptions like Max Payne.

I can't figure out the air raider. Is it for multiplayer only? I'm playing alone because my internet is fecal droppings and the air raider seems like a pain in the ass to play with only support skills the AI can't take advantage of.

Also, what's the deal with the limpet guns being your main weapons? Limpet guns are crappier than you're waifu, you can't do damage immediately and they don't even do that much damage anyway. They seem completely useless.

Am I missing something?

You're missing a mech.

you're playing solo so grinding mission 2 on hardest for decent weaponry will be unavoidable.

first, you need a stationary turret. while the turret is busy dealing with initial wave, deploy your vehicle. vehicles will have fuckload of health so you'll be safe inside unless you get swarmed with horde that you'll be unable to deal with just a tank or mech, recognize the threat beforehand and call the air support or use limpet.

Its a support class, learn how to make a build thats adequate for each type of enemy

You take that back! Limpet Launcher-chan is a beautiful and powerful musclegirl you fucking unvirgin.

Also as soon as you get a Naegel its like "lol who cares" as long as you don't stuff your face with enemies. Before that there are the Vegalta, the helicopters, later on there's the Meltgunā€¦ Air Raider have so much destructive solo potential that you're just pathetic.

The starting Limpets are worthless, but once you get around the midgame you start finding shit like the Splendor which is hilariously effective in tunnels and as an improvised AA gun,

For what fucking purpose?
The AI fits that role perfectly and you can use either a Protection Station or an Air Rape instead of those TK pieces of shit.

Turrets are shit, mate. They take way too long to reload. Just get some shokwire, an artillery call, and a nice tank or bot or some shit. Would be a major waste of your slot for that.

How the hell do you fly those things? They feel like arse for me.

Also, I got a meltgun, but it seems to me at least like it does way too little damage compared to proper tanks. I don't much see the appeal.

Filling 2 weapons slots with automatic turrets is going to do less damage than any limpet gun you have at that point. Yes you heard me, both slots of fully deployed turrets will do less than one slot limpet.

I think the point is that you can kill enemies without killing yourself.

Unless you have a good setup then trying to most levels with air raider is a huge pain.
Health does not matter much when your weapons are ineffective or hurt you as much as the enemy.

Thanks for the tips guys but I still don't understand limpet guns. You shoot the sticky bomb at a bug coming your way but if you detonate it immediately you have to do a full reload anyway, so you have to shoot all your bombs, then detonate, that takes too long, it's awkward and doesn't even do much damage, limpet guns just don't seem to kill bugs fast enough to be useful in any situation. What's even the point of having sticky bombs you have to manually detonate anyway? I don't see a use for that in such a hectic game.

Some of his later limpet guns are one shot only before reloading, but the indvidual stickies are stronger. In general air raider is supposed to be a support class. His weapons are also charged by kills that his friends make, not just his own.

Get to the fucking Splendor user, you massive fucking pleb.
Youll see fear in Giant Incest eyes

Some of them are pretty nice. I am a big fan of the mass landmine launcher, myself. Stick 'em on some bugs and laugh as they blow eachother up.

Not all limpets are equal. Some explode on a big blast that damages nearby bugs, some have a small blast that hits hard as fuck, some explode into flak and fireworks that damage bugs and can be used against drone masses.

None of them are good when a bug got you in their jaws though. Is there ANY AR weapon good for that?

I'm not an air raider player but you sound like a man of good tastes.

Did giant incest become a meme

Razor wire whatsit launcher.

Yes, tripanon.

Ok I think I'm getting the air raider now. With a few turrets, vehicles and air strikes he's kind of like a tactical ranger.

Limpet guns still a shit though, so are helicopters as I just found out.

I haven't used Air Raider enough to unlock helis, but they seem rather valuable particularly on bug-focused missions where you can stay out of range while attacking. I've heard they're hard to handle, but that kinda goes with helicopters in general.

I really should work on Air Raider. I've been hooked on Wing Diver because shooting lightning is ridiculously enjoyable and drones are trivial with the laser chainsaw.

Oh man you have no idea. The heli handling in this game is the most atrocious thing I've ever seen in my life. All the movement is absurdly slow yet comes with huge amounts of momentum and you can't control the camera independent from your turning. If helis didn't autoaim in this game they would be 100% impossible to use.

git

Helicopters are fucking garbage, don't do it.

Gonna run through hard missions again.
Room Name: VDF VDF!!!
Region: Miami

Only the Nereid even gets an autoaim gun, the bazelart you have to try and line up shots manually and the brute you have to hope your teammates can manage to do that. That being said, they're not that hard once you get used to them but their controls are amazingly unintuitive, their physics are pretty shit and even flown decently their destructive capabilities aren't really worth the effort.

No one?C'mon goys

Sorry can't come play right now, try to get normalfags with you it's better than nothing.

Just kidding don't do that, they'll do more damage to you than your enemies.

Ohā€¦

OH SHIT

It's like he stepped on a giant lego

Are you telling me we could literally give the Ravagers 11 barrels of hell?

It's hilarious when you attach turrets to a heli's rotary wings, though they have a tendency to shoot up the aircraft along with the bugs.

Why are all wing divers grills though

It actually works.

Holy shit air raider confirmed for OP.

Those bugs don't stand a chance!

It's really not as good as it seems, you're better off taking guard posts or power posts instead of turrets.

yes

Because they wear no armor

Air Raider is the only class that can cheese mission 26:Crimson on inferno solo.

Ranking for easy mode is

Auto turret are lame though because its based on ammo count instead of turret HP. This is because none of it can aim for shit and waste ammo shooting random things

Maybe if turrets reloaded as you were in the vehicle

Stress relief for the rangers. You know, the ones who actually kill giant insects.

Or if they'd only shoot when they have a target instead of wasting all their ammo. Only thing I've found them any good for is the one dragon level where you don't get airdrops.

They're the only ones light enough to operate the wing diver armor.

It's also why their armor is so much skimpier.

The NPCs tell you all this shit in game dude pay attention.

Head canon rant inbound!
Imagine more ayys coming from the ocean, imagine wing divers doing their best to fight a giant pile of tentacles in the middle of the ocean, while air raiders fencers and rangers control a version of balam that can become a huge destroyer ship. There would be weapons in the ship designed for each class, and a huge plasma generator to keep the wing divers on air.

And why not create a new class, a light armored diver that would be self propelled with alien tech. Maybe they could use this propulsion device as a type of melee weapon, making her able to rocket-jump and dive bomb, but also be able to use weapons like mines, harpoons, hell, maybe even wire traps. And of course, on water she could do all of the same, but even easier, like using less energy.
Another option would be to create a robotic squid/octopus girl sailor. With four tentacles, she could wield as many weapons as the fencer, but they would need to be lighter, probably laser powered. A compact Deroy, agile and precise.
By the way, they would sing songs about the sea, and their battles. Sailor songs to EDF. Yeah.
Head canon rant over.

What is going on here ?

Go to Equip n Classes, Armor, and select the Maximum button.

I've watched enough Hentai to know where this is going!

GIANT INCESTS CAN FLY!
ONIICHANS NEED WING ARAS SUPPORT

Thanks, that did the trick. I don't recall ever setting the ranger's armor to a lower number but heh.

Who let this guy in? Everybody knows giant insects can't fly.

Nice misinformation, everybody know giant insects can't fly.

We all know giant insects cant fly, the incests do however.

What does a giant incest look like?

It supposedly looks something a bit like this.

I havent seen it myself but some say it looks like this

I have noticed that it happens automatically when I play split screen multi player.

That would explain it since I did play split screen this weekend.

This makes me want Giant Crab enemies

Someone create a VDF room so that I can procastinate even more

I enjoyed the game up until this point. The spiders were bullshit already at the higher difficulties with more strands but the fucking dragons are impossible. What the fuck where they thinking? The completely swarm you within seconds followed by your monitor being clusterfucked with flames and green and you die. Looks like I need to roll an Air Raider.

Air Raider doesn't have it much better, auto turrets and the vegalta's revolver cannon are okay for them but everything else is just as shit or worse than the Ranger's arsenal.

Just use a Billy Herrington powerup and show them who's Boss of the Gym.

Devs are Japs, he's bound to be in the game files

I'm going to create a VDF room soon(tm)
Tell me your regions so that I can choose one that's best for us

US-Pittsburgh

Nothing fills me with more joy than one shotting dropships

Miami

One for Pitts and one for Miami.
Anyone wants to be the tiebreaker?
Also, any idea on how to put passwords on rooms?

Pittsburgh user you mind if I create the room on Miami?
It's my location and another user has it too

okay I'll switch

VDF is up, region is miami.

I'm cuming

so, for someone that can only play single player is ranger really as OP as he feels?

Dragons will fall to the ground when struck while flying, use multi-lock missile spam to ground them all and mop em up with your weapon of choice.

It says right there on the descriptions that ranger is the stronkest class

What's your name fam?

Maybe?

poal.me/rdn9jb

This game is making my CPU hit 90ĀŗC

I don't know if I can keep doing this guys.

Clean your shit,, get a better cooler (a 30 bucks hyper 212 is more than enough)

where did this artifact of autism come from?
sage for ot

Welp, I was having lots of fun in the VDF room guys, but it doesn't want to connect anymore.
You guys also getting this?

Yeah. RIP those two balams

Yes

FUCKING STEAM SERVER
THOSE KIKE MAKE ENOUGH MONEY BUT THEIR SERVERS ARE STILL SHIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes

FUCKING STEAM SERVER
THOSE KIKE MAKE ENOUGH MONEY BUT THEIR SERVERS ARE STILL SHIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I managed to connect just now, what about you guys?
Still want to play?

It's up again, it was an update

We still have a lot of giant incest to take care of

Lewd tbh fam.

Alright.
Same room name, same region. Will be up in a minute

otherwise not bad

I'm having some problems with Brute Force online. I just can't put the shields down at all before the ants come.

Have your friends distract the Hectors while you fly in and shit on the shields with a Rapier, then kill Hectors and wait for insects. Wing Diver's primary role in multi is to deep strike vulnerable high priority targets such as shields, dropships, and artillery, git gud at it.

Welp, anyways I had lots of fun in the VDF room guys, you were all great. Holy shit I can't believe we got like 12 balams out at some point.
Anyways, let's repeat the dose one of these days

The shield actually move away if you hit it, unless you have strong melee weapon, I dont think you can kill it in one go. Fortunately, wing diver isn't the only class with high mobility. Get a Fencer, equip the following:
Dash to the shield bearer and rekt some shit.
If you still want to use wing diver, land near the shield bearer and wait until your weapon is fully charge, then attack it in one go since wing diver booster and weapon share the same power supply

Do you even fucking know what a rapier is? It was made for tearing up anything and everything as fast as possible.

So does the jackhammer

I kill the shield bearers with raijin on brute force. Just fly under the bubble when they're in wide area protection mode, Snipe it Wait for it to get into and get out of small area protection mode, repeat.

Completely safe unless you manage to aggro a hector, Then you might die because the raijin drains a ton of power.

Is Miami the official Holla Forums region?

How to play this mission as a Wing Diver:
I vastly prefer the weapons that charge on reload to those that use energy per-shot. They might not have the raw damage, but they dovetail nicely with the Wing Diver's powerful need for mobility.

I would've said this was 3D DBZ mod for some Valve's game.

I actually think the weapons with internal mags do more damage than those that pull straight from your pack, its really hard to justify using anything else save for situational weapons. Rapier/thrust, laser chainsaw, idunn, thunder bow, and thunder sniper are all the top recommended weapons, only one of which pulls from pack.

Ok, how the fuck do I git gud with Fencer. I can't get past mission 14 on normal. What weapons are good?

Are you dash cancelling correctly? Many guns shoot faster with dash cancel.

Are you using the melee weapons correctly?

You should at least be able to kill everything that you can close distance with using the default pile driver spear and a shield.

When you're good with the fencer, you can do every mission on normal solo with a force and vibro weapons.

You know you can place repair modules and turrets on the tanks/vehicles you call down?

I've been making a habit of going right up to hectors with a rapier. Like anything else, they go down really quick if you can get in their face. Got to time it right with the machine gunners though.

With that all said, it really ties in why I colored my WD red.

Javelin and Vulcan Hammer. Never stop going fast, never stop exploding.

The LOLIS man the ships, the RAPE HORSE lunches jets
And nothing can withstand the FUTA'S HARD BAYONETTES

THE H-D-F deploys

Lance doesn't even fucking explode what the fuck were you thinking 0/10 apply yourself

Wonder what it would be like if you could tame dragons in EDF and ride them into battle?

EDF 2033?

THE WORK OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH RAVAGERS

I'm stuck at fucking mission 30, none of the tunnels the ants use are open, it's just concrete walls at the end of each and every one of them.

Send help, running through these tunnels as fencer is a pain in the ass and takes like 10 mins to get across.

But

You DID cheat

Even with 200 hours in, this would mean you would have to have collected close to 34,000 armor boxes in your total play time. That is impossible.

And you cheated.

Why do you fucks always make everything lewd? Your not better than that fucking faggot that likes that evolve monster.

Walls usually mean you either didn't kill everything, the game thinks you didn't kill everything, or you're going the wrong way.

He didn't cheat. His online host did.

Whats wrong with lewds? Don't be so sex-negative.

We already did. It produced wing divers.

Are you saying wing divers are the result of giant incests?

nice video, but i wish you chose the vegalta that has the cluster mortars. the ones that you launch straight into the air and its like shooting dual ranger stampedes and level a city block.

This is my personal favorite EDF momentā€¦ as someone with 80% completion.

Wing divers are the result of ravager tech being reverse engineered.

You are wrong. It would be at least 70,000 armor boxes.

So? I've been getting 7k boxes a day with one simple trick.

Heh, that actually made me laugh.

Seriously though, the game came out 2 weeks ago do you seriously expect anyone to believe that he spent 10 of those days just grinding for armor using that trick.

Yes.

It's a simple trick. And you too can utilize it for the low price of 19.99$ That's right, 19.99$, and we'll throw in a free EDF wrist watch We're practically giving these away!

Farming armor boxes in split screen makes it count twice if you select the same class if i know correctly.

The fire Nereid is so good, it handles pretty well for a helicopter and its flamethrower is like a rapier.

True, but you don't know if that trick was already included in the 7k calculation.

it has been too short of a time since the game has been released and the grind method is pretty much just holding 1 or 2 buttons down while you are doing something else and the game is running in the background.
I doubt it, unless the person is a grade A moron.

Quick question.

Do you guys know if the "complete all missions of X class in X difficulty" works on the online? I might be looking into playing the game 16 times, I dont want to lead into 32.

Singleplayer and online have their own mission completion trackers for each class/difficulty.

Region: USA

I have been hosting VDF Infinite since EDF 4.1 came out. I recently found out how to change the game so it drops tons of armor and weapons. I have been running 250 weapons and 3000 armor for the past week and man it has been fun.

I can host more tonight if anyone is interested. Just remember that this is a boosting lobby for funsies.

and online has some extra missions so you're better off staying in online mode even you're going to play alone

Online mode has 3x enemy health, so doing multiplayer missions solo is masochism.

Only if you play single player, if you play 2 player then the enemies have much less health.

when you grind out enough armor everything becomes trivial. so if you get stuck somewhere, go grind some more armor

If its variable, then you should be able to find a flag to change the health multiplier like how changes armor and weapon drops. Even so, the multiplayer-only missions are designed for multiple players, like that one mission with red ants you can't break out of the bite of.

I'm curious, how? Is it something in-game or does it consist of manipulating game files like .ini or worse, cheat engine?

Which mission is that?
Very people have the know how to be able to search for that flag, the codes that people know are the ones that have been shared by people like that.

What the fuck? This is the first time I hear about the extra missions, are they even available if you pirated the game?

I think the extra missions are just online only multiplayer missions. I think you can play online with other pirates so you can probably play them.

mission 30. Bloody mountain. Keep in mind, though, that multiplayer has some 90ish missions or so, I haven't done them all yet.

I have done that mission and I have escaped from red ants mouths plenty of times. What made you think that you could not escape?

You can't just shoot them while they bite you?

They shake you incessantly and make it impossible to shoot. That's my experience, anyways.

They do shake you a lot, but there are some pauses here and there where you can shoot them.

I think it was because I was using a flame revolver and the wind-up is too long to fire under those conditions, though I do recall getting radio chatter about the ants being unusually strong.

yup, any weapon with a wind up is useless in that situation. You want something with high damage in a single shot, I would recommend shotguns.

I like to control vehicles with a controller, Im sorry

Just got this game, what should I be focusing on first? Grindan weapons in Normal? Only have a semi-shitty grenade launcher and shotgun at the moment.

Dont grind anything, just play through normal normally. you might also want to try the other classes before getting too invested in ranger

Just play the game, if you feel a mission is too easy play it on a higher difficulty. Don't listen to retard who need 30000 armor and can't locate their dodge button.

I've played some wing diver but ranger weapons seem more fun so far. Also the sing emotes are fun as fuck when you just recruited a bunch of guys. I love this game.

Its only going to get better and better

I don't think it kicks in unless there are extra people around.

Normal weapons scale accordingly to your level, meaning that you'll only get shitty lv 0 or so weapons as you begin. It's good enough to get a feel for how you should be playing and to get more options for your arsenal.

When you start to feel like you can fuck shit up real good then you can try to grind weapons on hard, since Hard gives you a good deal of weapons beyond your level. Mission 2 is a pretty nice place to farm when you're starting out.

So, build up a good arsenal of lvl0 weapons and then grind. I can live with that.

Three runs on Stage 2, and you'll drop something really, really interesting. I guarantee it.

Anyone playing ?

In online multiplayer, enemies get a health and damage multiplier based on the number of players.

1 person = 3x
2 people = 1.875x
3 people = 2.5x
4 people = 3x

Note that going solo actually has a larger multiplier than 2 people, likely to encourage people to play together. Offline splitscreen doesn't have a multiplier.

Huh. I had hype, but I'm starting to lose the appeal. That, and I must have shit luck, since I can't seem to improve my weapon arsenal. Always the same drops.

drops are tied to level/difficulty pools user. Just use weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/ and click view spawn mission info. You can set the language on the top left.

Or just use cheat engine and get every single gun in the game after grabbing a single box and have some fun.

You're intended to play through the game on normal/hard for your first time through. The game outright states that you need better equipment for higher difficulties.

I personally recommend beating the 1st mission on normal and then grinding the 2nd mission on progressively harder difficulties to improve your arsenal and armor amount as the higher level weapons are more fun and that mission is short and easy enough to cheese through with shit equipment.

Afterwards, just play through the rest of the game on a difficulty you can handle, I've been doing it on Hard. There are a few other missions that are easier than others to grind such as the first beach head mission with the Hectors and Drones. I've heard that mission can even be completed on Inferno by the npcs alone. Another popular mission is Crimson, a mission with nothing but melee only red ants.

As stated, a mission can only drop so many different weapons on a given difficulty. So if you keep getting duplicates, it's time to either raise the difficulty or move on.

Well aware, but I've been running Landfall for 15 hours, and I'm still short a ton of weapons. I should have a "broad pool" of weapons to draw from, and yet it seems I consistently emerge with the same trash, give or take a rocket launcher That can't be used without an Air Raider..why..

Alright, I'll create a VDF room soon, please tell me your regions.
Give me ~30 mins, also tell me your in-game name if possible.

I don't normally like to tell a man how to have fun, but, don't do this. The hype of discovering a new weapon, going "What do you do" reading the description and going "FUCK YES" is the best part of this game.

Not the best quality an size, but here is the table for ranger grenades for example. As you can see there are only weapons that unlock much later.
Seriously though i'd recommend spending a few minutes entering what you have on the site to filter them out to see what missions you need to focus on.

I played for 30 hours before I did, there is no hype when 90% of the weapons are worse or better variations of others, there's very few guns that honestly feel unique, everything else is just a re-skin.

Same wing diver as the other night, US - Miami like before.

Room name: VDF VDF!!!
Region: US - Miami
My char name is gatsu.

It's up!

Let's hope that the other guy comes too

Welp, my internet went down for a second.
I'll be back in a minute

why

FUCKING STEAM SERVER ARE AT IT AGAIN

Got killed so badly I lost the internet connection.

I'm sorry lads but I won't be able to remake the room once it's back, I gotta leave and I'll be out for ~2 hours, so don't count on me.
If you still want to play 2 hours from now I'll gladly remake it though

No problem, I can't play now anyway.

To save our multiplayer game from steam server attack,

From vicious giant jews who have once again come back

We'll unleash all our Zyklon we won't cut them any slack

The VDF deploys!

VDF!

Our shitposters are prepared for any nigger threats

The doctor launches pills, Bateman sends his digits

>>>Holla Forums

life is hell but I'll be with you in a couple weeks, guys

Don't worry soldier, you will fight with the EDF soon to victory !
He is not going to make it

Alright I'm back now, a bit earlier than I thought.
You guys still up for VDF?

I could play for about an hour.

Alright,

VDF VDF!!! is up.
Region is US-Miami as always.
My char's name is Gatsu

You could always use cheat engine But that's up to you

I forgot to mention

VDF Infinite is up.

250 weapon drop and 3000 armor Makes the grind easy

The game suddenly refuses to go into fullscreen mode. I've tried running as admin, and that didn't do shit. Does anyone know how to get the game to stop fighting fullscreen mode?

j u s t

That was a good game.

set to windowed and scroll down here github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Welp, it was fun guys.
Let's repeat the dose another day.

oooh hours long time

Hope we can play again tomorrow.

dose anyone want to use my group for when Holla Forums plays I don't have time these days to manage it if anyone wants mod just let me know steamcommunity.com/groups/EarthDefenseForth

Fencer is the worst class

Theres no worst class you fucking faggot

Playing EDF makes me realize how shit everyone is at vidya. Figured I'd have to buddy up at high level but it's been nothing but cake and limpets. Why did I pick air raider on a whim? It chose me.

Playing EDF made me realize how shit the industry is.

Get javelin catapult, any other melee weapons dash is shit.

And nothing can withstand our meme-magic cadets

The VDF deploys!

Too bad I can't even play in split screen, since Steam does not cooperate with my Logitech gamepad, so I can't active the second player.

The gamepad works fine outside of Steam.
FUCK YOU, STEAM.

There are no worst class, some classes works better in some missions than the others.
For example one could argue that WD is probably best class, but in some of the missions the only shit you can do is kill little mobs while your teammates focus on the mayor objectives, because you can't do that shit better (or with more ease) than a Ranger or a Fencer.
That's usually the missions with big and high flying objectives or mission with an absurd amount of Deroys.

Also I think Fencer class needs the player to have a decent arsenal variety to be more effective, it's a class that shouldn't really use the same setup too much
So in the end Fencer is a really hard class to start playing as solo because the starting weapons are SHIT. Also, it's probably the most skill based class of the game.
Air Rider is kinda the same but that would apply to have a good variety of air supports and a few good vehicles. Because you can just use air support, some kind of post and vehicle that fits the mission, for most of the game.
Ranger gets the best weaponry in the game from what I've heard, so they delete shit if you have good aim the trade-of is not having anything special besides damage.

What do you mean by this? You can pretty much dash cancel away from anything while ground classes like air raider but more importantly ranger doesn't have a surefire getaway when overwhelmed, just for example.

You can ragdoll yourself away with an explosion.

You could but then again anything past hard you'd just be fucking yourself.

Ranger also has the most dependable long range weapons; they get a 3000m weapon right from the start as a matter of fact. In my experience, I've never had to deal with getting surrounded the way fencers and wing divers do as a ranger, the easy access to potent explosive AOE weapons, high range of these weapons, relatively fast reload of these weapons, and being able to move and shoot at the same time means that Rangers are the most dependable class for consistent performance.

I don't care that I will not reach sanic's speed of legit, but I do not want to waste shield capacity. I want to deflect Hector's artillery and shit.

Also, the only thing I hate in Fencer is when you playing with CQC weaponry (dynamo blade, jackhammer, etc.) you have to get into frontline, but damn ally AI don't care about friendly fire.

Include the probably next time.
But as a Fencer you're supposed to dash cancel while you kill shit in the process and you will probably be sorrounded by enemies constantly, unless you're playing with a loadout with snipers or missile launchers, because then you would probably stay in the same spot killing shit until the zone becomes dangerous or your setup becomes inneffective, then you still have to dash like a bitch and don't fuck up the Dash cancel because you can get caught and you're not going to be able to free yourself with missiles.
Ranger would be another class that requires to git gud, but because their skill is mostly "just have a good aim" then it's not somewhat deep.
Air Rider is looks like it's about being smart and have a good control of the air supports than anything else. Also helping others players.
Wing Diver is my main class and it's mostly Energy Management: The Character Ft. Mid-Rg ElectroShock and his buddies Lance and Rapier (Why the fuck all the other weapons are so shit compared to these?)

My point is that there isn't really a "skill based class". Every class needs some level of skill to use effectively. A general level of skill is needed, yes, but other than adjusting to a few mechanics, there isn't really that much of a difference skillwise.

Every class has long, mid and close range stuff.
Ranger also has the most dependable close range weapons, like shotguns that obliterate everything in one shot and AR's that shit bullets on gatling gun levels, not to mention firecrackers and acid/flamethrowers. If you prefer to hang back that's your thing, but ranger isn't a "hanging back" class, and if you go close range, which you should try out sometime, you'll need to be exact with where and how you dodge, and you can't just dash away like sanic or fly away whenever, you'll need to be committed.

THEY PATCHED THE GAME AND JUST REMOVED THE REGION LOCK

steamcommunity.com/games/410320/announcements/detail/881963009553024651

EDF YES

You know that could be made a template right?

But as a wing diver you're supposed to fly away while you kill shit in the process and you will probably be sorrounded by enemies constantly, unless you're playing with a loadout with snipers or mid range lasers, because then you would probably stay in the same spot killing shit until the zone becomes dangerous or your setup becomes inneffective, then you still have to fly away like a bitch and don't fuck up the energy management because you can get caught and you're not going to be able to free yourself with lasers.

But as a ranger you're supposed to roll while you kill shit in the process and you will probably be sorrounded by enemies constantly, unless you're playing with a loadout with snipers or missile launchers, because then you would probably stay in the same spot killing shit until the zone becomes dangerous or your setup becomes inneffective, then you still have to roll like a bitch and don't fuck up the roll timing That's actually a thing, you can lose seconds if you doN't hit that sweet spot because you can get caught and you're not going to be able to free yourself with missiles.

I could do an air rider one but i think you get the point. The only thing which is harder is that you need to switch weapons to dash cancel, but that is pretty much solved by using the dash weapon especially if it's auto, so you'll get away either way. Not to mention melee weapons charging up individually so you can spam them and wreck shit.

Based nips actually listened to feedback the absolute madmen.

I said "the most" not "the only". are you reading the entire sentences?

You can dash cancel with a shield reflection, even with the Tower ones, but you still need a weapon who let's you dash.

Current year just keeps on giving.

Yes, i do. My point was that you replied to the fact that you don't really have a surefire get away card with "but you have the most reliable ranged weapons", and that you personally never really go close range. To which i replied that he has the most reliable close range weapons too.

I'm not the guy speaking of long ranged weapons check IDs.
I'm the one that said that Fencer is probably the one who needs the most skill to play correctly. because even if they choose to be a sniper/missile launcher if you don't have or use the dash cancel you're being too confident with your friends and on later levels combined with harder difficulties I doubt they can 100% manage everything near you.

Gotta say I'm thinking of pubs mostly, even while I've only encountered one or two players that were 100% shit, but I guess they were trying a late mission on hard for the first time or something and they probably understimated the enemy.

Yeah my bad, didn't check the id's.

I can understand where you are coming from, but most of the time, even if there is no shield to cancel, people have something to dash with, but yeah. It's entry level is potentially higher, but then again they straight up give you dash, and otherwise it's really slow, not to mention the loading screen tips for fencer pretty much outlines this. Anybody can be a shitter, that really isn't depending on class, the difference is that fencer needs atleast one weapon to dash, whereas other classes have built in "dodge" mechanics, but i wouldn't call that being more skill based than other classes, it's just that the mechanics are different.

Saved

Fencer can have 4 weapons equip at a time, minus dash cancel weapon, you still have 3 weapon slots. Only dumbasses not bring a long a melee weapon for that close encounter. My usual loadout for Fencer is;
This is a high end setup but with it, you can cheese any inferno mission solo. Also with javalin catapult you are impossible to get caught because the dash cancel is the most fastest in any weapon and it have 300 ammo. Just hold attack button and spam dash, you can run across the field in Brute Force faster than Wing Diver

But as an air raider you're supposed to stand in place while you kill shit in the process and you will probably never be sorrounded by enemies ever, unless you're playing with a loadout with bikes or balams, because then you would better stay in the same spot killing shit until the zone becomes covered with bodies of your enemies or your setup becomes too good for its own good, then you still have to stand around like a bitch and don't fuck up the carpet bombing because you can get caught and you're not going to be able to free yourself with whales autocanons.

I just realize air raider is the only class that can't freed himself if he's get caught by ants, limpet gun, even the high end one require you to manually detonated it making the firing rate really slow. Not to mention you probably blow yourself too with it

hold me Holla Forums

I once managed to deploy a turret on the head of an ant that caught me.

how come?

I am pretty sure that you can free yourself with wires.

Okay, after trying it out for 6 missions, this weapon type is complete fucking dogshit. Tell me what I'm doing wrong, please, because this gun isn't doing a goddamn thing.

its best use is for dragons

brings all of them to the ground

Holidays with the family, I could only bring my notebook along. It can launch the game but it lags horribly even in the menus.

So I just had a thought about Earth 2033 if they ever make it

Half of the population of the planet would be dead which would lead to massive manpower shortages. Even if Wing Divers reproduced like crazy the new generation won't be old enough to hold arms which would mean they would have to widen the age range for available service.

Are you ready for High School girls in robot suits fighting giant incests?

I see.

You can save yourself by sticking enough healing stations/stickies until the ant gets bored and tosses you away.

I didn't know that could happen. I will keep it in mind for when I play air raider.

Actually near the end of 2025, most of humanity survived as the majority of civilians managed to flee to areas far from where the majority of combat took place.

You can tell who actually beat the final mission by whether or not they believe half of humanity is actually dead.

NEW BREAD