Ok. I need to know before I delete this shit show once and for all...

Ok. I need to know before I delete this shit show once and for all. Is there ANY mod or group of mods that make this shit enjoyable?

Anything at all to make the combat not shit? Or the perks? Or the animations? Or the terrible optimization? Anything at all?

If not, then I'll just delete this piece of shit game and be done with it. Good thing I didn't buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12268/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

taste.esm is all you need.

Hey Todd.

But it's already perfect without mods, just wait for the next expansion.

So I'm guessing there's nothing good after all.

Meh. Delete.

The perk menu is hardcoded in and can't be modded, if memory serves.
I doubt even the most dedicated modders could fix the inefficiencies and lack of optimization.
Even when things can be improved, the mods are often dirty and jury-rigged, and can't do everything. Case in point, most mods I saw to let you clear up more garbage in settlements didn't fix the line of sight, so terrain behind where things used to be would stop rendering.
It can't be fixed. The modding community seems stillborn too, so it's not even worth keeping for sex mods.

Why would you delete such a wonderful game?

It's made by one of the most handsome guys in the whole world, you know that's a sign of a great game!

It's not going to be okay this time

truly worse than even was oblivion

skyrim and oblivion were playable with mods, even were decent games with them.

fallout 4 was an irredeemable pile of shit that can only be saved by deletion and recreation

last i checked about 2 months ago, no, the complexity of the mods out failed to make fallout 4 anything but a gigantic piece of shitty shit

I would really be okay with just a mod that removes the bullet sponge enemies and allows me to just explore the map.
Boston and the area around it seems to be decently crafted with some attention to detail, but goddamn everything else makes it so not enjoyable.

Here you got user, half of your problems swept away.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12268/?

Now admit Fallout 4 is an amazing game or I'll be forced to place you under arrest.

Removing this game was the most enjoyable part of it.

The only thing that came close to that was not paying for it.

Despite the fact that the Bethesda games are advertised as being highly moddable, they usually don't have all that much you can change without some form of script extender (just about any combat change requires one). Not to mention the fact that some simple changes require extra work, such as making npcs non-essential in Skyrim. Turns out that Skyrim is built around having certain NPCs essential, so by making them killable you are opening a can of worms where you can be locked out of quests even if you didn't choose to kill the npc (Delphine will almost surely die on the way to Kynesgrove.) Now you have to add some sort of script to the npc that they can die, but only if you kill them. I imagine Fallout 4 is the same way, especially if the the perk menu being hardcoded is true.

Another thing that mods can't fix is uninteresting voiced characters. If the characters are so bad that they bring the game down, you're pretty much stuck with them, and Fallout 4 is rife with lame characters.

…?

I just want a couple things.
I want to explore the ruins of a post-apocalyptic city, with tight alleys and open plazas, and precarious climbs up crumbling skyscrapers. I want to be able to build a base and fortify it into the most formidable settlement around. I want customizable weapons and gear, where I can cobble together armour with individual pieces taken from enemies.
On paper, Fallout 4 provides this, but playing it is painfully bad. And now the niche has been filled by one of the biggest publishers out there, meaning it's unlikely for anyone else to try and take them on and actually do it well.

You forgot about the Salt Party. Far more fun than anything else about this thing.

You're not allowed to say bad words on a safe for work board

This is why containment threads don't work.

J'accuse

Not really. Just mod NV instead, FO4 has fuck all at the moment.

suck a dick you fucking faggot, i hope you die

This is the only decent mod for FO4.

That's pretty much it until fuck-mods come out, and neither of them will make the game playable. You'll have to wait until someone decides to make an Erendal tier total conversion, at best, to even have a chance at making it worthwhile - and even then, the GECK/CK is so gimped that there's really not much they can do. (for instance, the yes, no (yes), yes (sarcasm), later, dialogue options are baked into the CK. You'll never have robust branching dialogue paths in FO4)