I got day of infamy this morning, it seemed decently fun. The AI was total bullshit always seems to know where you are...

I got day of infamy this morning, it seemed decently fun. The AI was total bullshit always seems to know where you are, sniping you from across the map though and the frame rate was ass but I enjoyed it.

I haven't played insurgency before, is it worth trying?

DOI is literally a shitty version of DODS
Insurgency is pretty fun at least in coop. Pvp is pretty boring because there is too much downtime.

huh, I really didn't like day of defeat that much. I remember there was a source WW2 game built on realism but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

I played the mod for DoI, but I love Insurgency. It's really good and there's tons of sound mods and weapon models in the workshop as well.

Resistance and Liberation, user.
It had an interesting nearby chat system, which lead to some tense moments where you couldn't tell which side someone was simply by voice chat.

It's been dead for a while, as I see it.

That's not something to gloat over, friend.

thank you, that was killing me.

I had a ton of fun with that one back when it came out. It didn't get enough love.

It's called "humblebrag" and it's the mark of the superlative douche. You might want to drop it from your conversational skills.

You should have got Insurgency in the first place. It's a fresh approach to realism shooting that is still fast enough to not be dead. DoI started as a literal Insurgency mod and wasn't that good.

I picked it up over insurgency because I like WW2 shooters more than modern warfare, I liked the mechanics enough that I figured i'd ask if it was worth playing.

I honestly don't see how DOI's bad, what does it do wrong that day of defeat did right?

As mentioned already it runs like ass and the AI is pretty shit.
If you are a pvp hound you might not care.

I was playing the single player to get my skills up but I found the AI to be absolutely enraging. If you play on attack your comrades will do fuck all and the enemy will smartly assemble themselves, if you play defense the enemy will bum rush you and your comrades will run into them and die.

I switched to the multiplayer and had a lot more fun.

Is this bait? Insurgency is fucking garbage.

The only thing it does right is gun sound effects and suppression system.

If you want realistic games, play:

That's why he called it a "fresh approach" and not an autistic /k/ simulator.

Since my RS3/OFP group died and I don't own A3, Insurgency is all that I have left to play some operational coop.
Please don't get so upset.

Meh, Insurgency has its moments, but as mentioned ITT, the downtime can be really fucking annoying, if the game had a wave system it would make it a fuckload more enjoyable.

iktf user ;__;

I used to play at the best server for Arma 2 but since they switched to Arma 3 I haven't played barely anything. Arma 3 just doesn't feel right for me, it's pace is way faster than Arma 2 and I hate it for that.

Red Orchestra 2 has a mod that just came out akin to RO1s Darkest Hour mod. Though people do still play DH fairly consistently.

One-shot kills inside of tiny maps has been done before, so if you think Insurgency is some sort of special game, or breaking ground, you should kys.

It can be a fun game though, I'll give you that.

OH SHIT RPG
YOU'RE THE LAST ONE LEFT, YOU'LL– JUST HAVE TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT
MY HERO SOMEONE GET THIS GUY A MEDAL
Speaking personally, I thought he was going to fucking die

I like playing team co-op by myself. It reminds me of the old days of Perfect Dark where I would spend hours in the combat simulator. I just wish this game gave you more control over various aspects of match building, i.e. having the ability to choose the type of spawning weapons, the type of objective, and being able to choose from a variety of different bots that each sport a variety of behaviors

Playing with other people is alright, but there are a lot of dipshits who don't know how to play as a team and who will run out into the line of fire only to get fucked because they're too stupid to realize that they're about as durable as a wet noodle

Too many fucking plebs in here during summer, goddamn.

Ehat server did you play for arma 2?

does it still have the same AI as Insurgency?
If so, spam smoke grenades