I hate zombies. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used enemy when Left 4 Dead was released...

I hate zombies. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used enemy when Left 4 Dead was released. I thought that surely the rest of the world shares my feelings and that the whole zombie phase will die eventually. It's the current year + 1 and zombies are more popular than ever. Fuck this shit.

What an interesting opinions that 99% of the population has, great job making a thread about it, have an upvote !

You accidentally sage'd so I bump for you. I got your back, m8.

This is a great thread. I really like it.

thanks

I like zombies a lot. While zombies themselves aren't super interesting, although they do give you a moral excuse to practice brutality on humans, what's most fun about them is the world they create. Barricaded houses, fortified malls, vicious struggle with any weapon available.

Plus fighting a horde of enemies is fun. Watching the front lines collapse repeatedly but they're still closing the distance.

Zombie AI is the easiest you can do. Run towards player, hit player. A lot of zombie games don't even have the zombies able to climb over obstacles the player can, but you can just justify it all with lol zombie.

What the fuck are you even smoking.

I'll give that there was a glut of zombie games at the time of left 4 dead that still hasn't completely died out, what with dying light and 7 days to die, but explain why you think zombies are boring, because you made a thread based around your opinion.

I've got a huge hardon for the undead, so I'm predisposed to see zombies positively, but "Zombies" aren't always undead and often don't overlap thematically with undeath.

I hate how zombie games don't take advantage of their settings. In cities: you can't really explore them as in a metroidvania because 9 out of 10 doors are locked and you're restricted to exploring one or two bland districts.

Malls, as well, are very boring places because they're not given proper decor and you don't get to take advantage of its environment. Only Dead Rising did it right (or at least made a very noble effort).

its simple

shitty zombie games: the zombies arent a threat at all, just a boring annoiance, example Dead Rising\Old Resident Evil games

good zombie game: the zombies rape your ass if you give them a single chance, example: Resident Evil 4/Dead Space 2

Nah, rats are more over-used.

0/10

Lol i knew some retrad like you would show up

I like survival games and sandboxes. Even if they have zombies. I just wish someone would make a great one.

How come there are so many zombie games that have "special" zombies? There's always
The fast one
The strong one
The one shoot shit at you
The one that explodes
The appeal of zombies isn't that there are special enemies among them. It's that there's so fucking many of them that fighting a big group is a bad idea
State of decay did this pretty well. A horde of zombies was a problem if you didn't have a car or a gun. Shooting even then was not optimal if you didn't have a suppressor because guns are loud and attract more zombies. But even then, they fucked that up by having the special zombies come in and potentially insta kill a survivor

youdidn'teventry.jpg

If it's a linear game sure, but if it's a sandbox it's better if the zombies are dangerous but not game ending. This is how having multiple characters like in state of decay. That's an example of permadeath done right. You can lose a leveled up character to a special infected quite easily, and they're really good. It hurts, so it's meaningful death without completely ending the game. You just take over one of the other survivors at your base.

State of decay was pretty much perfect, the only things that I would have liked if it was a little less arcadey action and more intelligent, traveling around on your own all the time was stupid. You should at least travel in a pair just from a common sense - what would you actually do in a zombie apocalypse?

I get it retard, you are a fucking mongoloid retard that thinks your definition of a zombie is the right one. An amoeba could see your shitposts coming.

The theory is that the fascination with zombies is a subconcious awareness of the overrunning of civilization by the nigger hordes.
Der normalfag knows that something is wrong but is held in check by morals and laws, the end manifestation being this obsession with being able to kill mindless invaders with no repercussion.

Or something.

I dont agree with that, that kind of casual thing makes the games less autenthic and imerssive.
Most of these games have shit AI tough so they lock you into an unavoidable grab that leads to some qte insta kill or some garbage like that, im not saying the games should have that but getting hurt or bitten is treated too casually

Go play project zomboid. It has permadeath and zombies can permanently kill you in one bite. It's quite shit really.

That's what noone gets from the zombie survival genre.

The point is not fighting the undead in 'cool' ways, but to reveal the true human nature in adversity, the horror of fighting a never ending and probably meaningless fight. The best you could hope is getting used to it and try to rebuild the world while waiting the undead to rot away.

True but I always thought the zombie apocalypse is a better future than the one we have coming.

That's something I hope the expand upon in the state of decay 2. There was a sickness mechanic that made it so that people who were sick could turn and you could take them out back and put them down if you so choose
State of decay felt like a beta with really good ideas but meh implementation

So user how many times were you dropped on your head prior to this conclusion

I thought it had something to do with the way hostile social ideologies turn people into raving hordes who aren't capable of doing anything other than harming/violently converting people who aren't like them.

It's actually a pretty well known theory.
Accurate too I'd wager

Hey, cuck, I just half remembered the theory from one of the many, many "zombies r shit" threads that happen every week or so.

The thing is you wouldnt just die from one non fatal bite, it could change the whole dinamic of the game. Instead of just trying to survive or run away, now you would try to find a cure, save as many other people as possible before you turn or even becomes the biggest asshole ever. A decent arpg could be made out of a game where anyone could become infected based on your actions and completely change their personality and agenda.

Odd how the only places I've heard of it and things like it are on hugboxes like Holla Forums :^)

The only thing I would regret in a zombie apocalypse is dying because I'm diabetic type 1, the genetic one and I would die a horrible dead without my insuline, getting blind and my limbs rotting away while sugar keeps shredding my insides.

Also I have too many nephews and I would feel devastated if anything happened to them.

Probably has something to do with the fact that you have never looked before.

I kinda like the cheesy old type of zombies. They Hunger always has a fond soft spot in my heart. Same with Stubs the Zombie. Really wish we got more of that.

Nah lad, it's because you fringe autists manage to come up with the least accurate, least relevant bullshit as possible.

kek
I should have known you'd be a britcuck.

smh tbh fam, gas urself

Least relevant compared to what? The commonly accepted narrative? Fact is, user came up with an interpretation as valid as any other and you took to insulting him Not criticizing, that'd imply you had any argumentative merit, just insulting.

Insulting him because you disagreed with his politics.

Why don't you just up and call him a racist shitlord like you're itching to do.

Eating shit may be worse than drinking piss but it's still pretty bad either way isn't it?

I hate politics in general, nice try but I'm not your leftypol boogeyman at all.

Why don't you just up and call me a cuck like you're itching to do :^)

ITT: Niggers from freech being busy Holla Forums and Holla Forums posting to shit up the board.

Forgot your sage, fam. Lemmie help you.

not all brits, user :(

Anyway, do you have a better explanation for the popularity of zombies, or are you just here for leftypol/freech/whatever the fuck group of autists is butthurt shilling?

smh tbh fam

I'm curious, how does orangetext work?

Aw shit.

This. Devs have gotten lazier and the excessive use of zombies is the most telling symptom.

Dunno, normally don't post on freech, I just visit it like somebody might visit a insane asylum where patients smear their shit on the walls.

And this smells like their handiwork.

I just wish there was a game with voodoo zombies instead of this generic virus-based Hollywood trash.

this fag sages every thread mentioning his chan, fucking shill

Haitian/Caribbean mythology is really cool. Shame that if it was ever picked up, it would be by a bunch of New Orleans Indie devs who want to prove that Black Coders Matter.

that triggered me

yeah but whiteys can do that because they have "le superowers XDD"

epin post newfriend

I approve of this message. Some of the best fun I've had in relation to zombie games (which I'm not a big fan of, because of the oversaturation and generally shitty quality of vidya and media) was with Project Zomboid. Especially with friends. We built a fortress in the woods by a well, hauling in supplies from the cities, covering each other's backs, doing the safety dance, raiding key structures in town, and sometimes it was tense, but a lot less so when we got to the point where we had cool squad tactics for guns and a couple of guys who knew their way around melee. I haven't played in about a year and a half though, I wonder if there's been improvements.

Small touches like the helicopters overhead causing hordes to move, the tension of entering a house not knowing how many zeds were inside, and camping in houses you cleared out at night because it's too dark to make it all the way back to the cabin, having to feed you and your friends is some of the coolest things. And you know, when people focus on specific skills it gets fun in an RPing sense too. I should play MP again sometime.

Another game who feels like a real zombie survival is 7 Days to Die. You can even config how your zombie apocalypse is like.

It is the only survival game who delivered.

does it still look like ass and has terrible gunplay?

I didn't play in almost a year, but last time it felt great.

What pisses me off about zombies is that they used to be a horror staple, with icons like George A. Romero and Lucio Fulci creating terrifying works that involved them. Now, with shit like World War Z and that Not Last of Us 2 Sony showed at E3, they're just full on cannon fodder for movies and games in the action genre.

Im sick of this meme

Thats why zombies are truly so prevalent. They are emotionless human shells that people don't feel bad about killing. They are like Goombas that can be put into any game. They can be black or gay and nobody cares. Zombies, to me, are a smoking gun that shows that developers though of a concept first and enemies second, which is a surefire guarantee their game is going to be horseshit.

At first I thought this game was going to be a post-apocalyptic innawoods game but lo and behold fucking zombies.

Reddit (by which I mean Holla Forums) has to blame everything on libruls, gommies, goonz, and murxists.

Do you not remember the media reaction when they had Resident Evil in Africa?

I want House of the Dead 5.

No, I don't, because there was never one. Even if one or two newspapers whined about it, it still became one of the best selling games ever (whether it deserved it or not) so obviously they did nothing.

There are no more tarot cards to use as bosses.

Yo wouldn't go using the numbers, right?

Intredasting.

Zombies are shit because in most games they are either too few or some weird pumped up shits coming towards you at sanic speed.

Give me those slow shambling corpses in hundreds, thousands coming at me that will keep coming unless i cut their limbs off or smash their brain to a putrid pulp not this "lel here's your zombie 'horde' of 5undeads goy" shit.

I hate guns. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used weapon when Call of Duty was released. I thought that surely the rest of the world shares my feelings and that the whole FPS phase will die eventually. It's the current year + 1 and FPS are more popular than ever. Fuck this shit.

I hate turn based RPGs. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used form of gameplay when Final Fantasy 7 was released. I thought that surely the rest of the world shares my feelings and that the whole JRPG phase will die eventually. It's the current year + 1 and weebshit JRPGs are more popular than ever. Fuck this shit.

I hate free to play. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used business model when League of Legends was released. I thought that surely the rest of the world shares my feelings and that the whole F2P phase will die eventually. It's the current year + 1 and F2P are more popular than ever. Fuck this shit.

I hate videogames. I already felt like they're the most boring and over-used media when Pong was released. I thought that surely the rest of the world shares my feelings and that the whole videogames phase will die eventually. It's the current year + 1 and videogames are more popular than ever. Fuck this shit.

Project Zomboid taught me that effective survival always ends up being tedious routine. The fun comes from surviving while being a retard, the problem is that the game effectively punishes retards.

Red dead redemption's zombie DLC had magic

Why are zombies so popular? Is it an excuse for people to make retarded weapons?

It's an excuse for developers to make braindead AI.

It's not even zombies anymore. It's just infected shits running fast or whatever.

What ever happened to the zombie, created by strange vodoo-cults? Or the zombie-hordes that just walked slowly and wanted to eat your brain? And they were so many and everywhere you went that you eventually just had no option but to die.

I'm tired of that infected-zombie shit.

Zombie weapons are Sonic OC-tier edge

You know, I feel cheated.

I was one among the people who looked at the new zombie movies and zombie games with hope expecting something out of a classic Romero movie, or even the first volumes of The Walking Dead when it was good.

Instead I got this shit. I feel like I've been cheated out of my wishes by a multi pawned wishgranting monkey god.

Sure, fuck the creator, but fuck you too for saying what you did.

That weapon is actually of Aztec origin, get cultured cunt.

The Moon.

:(

I like zombies themselves alright, I have no inherent problem with zombies games overall. Problem is they keep making two mistakes that always drag my fun down, but by no means have to happen.

First, any zombie game eventually throws in super zombies with special powers. Only maybe ten percent of the time are the super zombies a fun addition to the game. Otherwise their special gimmicks are almost always the annoying and/or unfun type of challenge that makes you miss the early parts of the game before super zombies showed up.

Second, some zombie games love to teleport zombies in where you're not looking. Now, I have no problem with being surrounded being super deadly. I like the idea that you have to move carefully and stay aware to survive, that being overwhelmed is the zombie's trump card. But if the only way the game can surround you is by teleporting fresh zombies in behind/around you, THAT IS GARBAGE. And it completely negates the point of taking it slow and careful. If I clear out the alley as I go, it should stay clear unless distant zombies, that already existed, walk in from where they already were. Zombies can even respawn when I leave a map and return, or just get really far from a place, that's fine. But spawning in zombies to surround me is not cool.

How the fuck can Holla Forums ever be plebbit? Plebbit is leftist as fuck.
Holla Forums SA freech Holla Forums goon faggot detected.