Just got done playing the closed friends and family alpha for this, it's pretty fun. Any questions?

Just got done playing the closed friends and family alpha for this, it's pretty fun. Any questions?

Is it actually a good game?

Is it another hollow slasher or is there actual purpose to moving and killing?

Is it just capture the flag and team deathmatch stale or is there actual flavor, a touch of uniqueness that makes it more than a AAA graphic-heavy hollow game?

Considering how simple the duel system is, how long could the multiplayer sustain itself without different game modes?

Haven't played single player but the multiplayer is pretty fun once you get the basics down, can't speak to how fun it would be over a long time but I can say I really enjoy the 15~ hours I had with it

Was it the same alpha that was released back last fall? Had three maps total with the Knight's Warden and Samurai's Oni?

Or have they added in more since then?

Movement affects weapon ranges and stuff a lot, it seems pretty in-depth. The main mode is a 4v4 hold the point mode, where the center has 'minions' that go back and forth.

The fighting system seems simple at first but there's some hidden depth to it

Have they upped the blood and gore at all? I remember watching gameplay and laughing because of how hilariously void of impact all of the attacks were, this sort of thing needs great visual feedback and this game really had none.

Didn't play the one back then. There were like 5 maps, 3 modes (1v1 duel, 2v2 duel, 4v4 domination type mode), They had the knight, viking and basic samurai but each faction also had another character that played pretty differently.

Hidden depth counts for nothing

.t Nero

How? It looked boring as fuck. As in Ryse-tier.

user don't be vague on me now. You've played fifteen hours, you can actually tell us what happens in detail.

hit enter too early. knights had a guy with a shield and flail, vikings had a fast guy with two handaxes, samurai had a faster samurai with a shorter sword

there's a little blood when you hit someone, more should be added, but your character gets blood on them between rounds of duel that I saw and some of the executions will behead people and blood sprays out

shoo shoo ubishit shill

From what i've seen it seems like Mount and Blade but with only three attack directions and on speed.

I just want to know if the blocking is good. From what i saw from the e3 footage, it looked like a much slower, easier god hand, with the right stick being defence.

I know, that's exactly what it looks like. The question I'm trying to get an answer for is how the system can remain engaging fifteen hours later. What becomes new over time, are there any strategies beyond it's inherently simplistic rock-paper-scissors combat?

You mean like in most fucking video games?

the basic tutorial just shows you how to attack and block but each of the characters has a move list as well as a basic/advanced moves tutorial
you can dodge out of the way of attacks, block them, certain characters can parry
matchups play differently
you can start an attack and cancel it, a feint

maybe depth was the wrong word but it has a very high skill ceiling, I got better and better up to my last hour playing

So this is just AAA Chivalry?

Wonderful, I can't wait to see the exploits that are never fixed because they are "features"

defending is pretty hard, people can start to attack one way, feint then go for an attack in another direction or go for a guard break, there are unblockable attacks that you have to dodge from

there was no shitty animation abuse/mouse dragging shit as far as I saw, the only terrible thing was that some characters' attacks were way too fucking fast and they are nearly impossible to parry

One more question: is it fast?

Alright, so they certainly have added more since then, and sounds like this will be the next alpha that everyone has been signing up for recently.

Do you remember the names of the characters you picked? Sounds like the samurai was the Oni from what I played back last fall. The knight and viking you're talking about sound like new archetypes that haven't been shown yet.

For anyone wondering about what he's talking about, but each character archetype has their own special movesets beyond your basic light and heavy attacks.

The Oni, for instance, doesn't keep blocking constantly in one direction of your choice; you actually have to time the block correctly. It's harder to do, but he makes up for it in attacks that are designed around countering and dodging. he even has a charge up move that you start from a distance and charge forward to slash.

The knight and viking are the slowest and some of their fast attacks still come out pretty fast.
fight can be over in like 5 seconds

Ill pirate it. This is the first AAA ive been interested in since like 2012.

I'll piggyback off of OP and say that some characters have faster move sets and swings, but if you know what you're doing against someone who's new, you can take them out in a few seconds. If you're against someone of equal skill, it could be a minute or two.

Knights - Vanguard (basic one, longsword) Conqueror (Shield/flail)
Vikings - Reaver (long axe) Berserker (dual handaxes)
samurai - Kensei (katana) - Orochi (faster katana)

I've had duels against some of the top 20 players and they can last quite a while, they're pretty fucking intense

Maybe, if the offical gameplay is good, ill pick up a used console copy just so ubishit doesnt get any money. or maybe ill buy it if it is genuinely good, but decide not to because uplay

Do you think it has potential for a long multiplayer community? I feel like the single player will be meh at best

Interesting, it sounds like the Orochi is a renamed Oni? So then it sounds like 3 for each faction.

Samurai get Kensei, Orochi/Oni, and fat samurai from the SP Viking gameplay demo at E3,.

Viking get Reaver, Berserker, and shield user (female with spear and shield from SP demo).

Knights get Vanguard, Conqueror, and something else we haven't seen.

Then again, there could be 4 per faction, and we haven't seen all of them yet.

But how do I play one the PC if it's DRM, user?

If it's good maybe I'll wait for a sale, but hype is of ungodly machinations.

I'm guessing it'll be 3 classes at the start with a 4th or 5th coming in from DLC or a prestige system

Ive given up on hype, user. Im just waiting patiently, hoping its good, but not worrying if its not.

If I get into the next alpha, user, I'll make sure to make some webms like last fall.

I'm still bummed I deleted my old ones and no one here seems to have the ones I made last time.

How similar did the vanguard, Kensei, and Reaver seem to you?

From what I've looked into, it sounds as if the factions will have similar archetypes (like those three will always block in a direction, are more defensive oriented, and use two handed weapons), but they will have different skill sets to make them unique.

If the matchmaking works well and if people don't quit early due to getting their asses kicked. If you're good it is very easy to go like 15-0.
I hope it doesn't turn out that way, where if you try to play a month after release the only people left are the extremely skilled players

So ASSFAGGOTS rip-off?

During the fall alpha, did it have your uplay name watermarked like this one did?

I honestly didn't play much of them, I played mostly Orochi and berserker. The vanguard had good control, able to guard break/charge after a dodge, and had good range. The reaver had a charge you could do from sprint that knocked them down, his throws threw people fucking far and had some unblockables. Not sure about kensei.

Each of the characters also gained renown (in-match experience to unlock your chosen feats) at different rates, the vanguard and conqueror for example got bonus for assists and fighting alongside allies, orochi got bonus for duels (8 renown for a 2v1 kill and 40+ for a 1v1 kill)

the reaver's throws also drained stamina each time the guy you threw hit another person (the little soldiers fighting in the middle) so he is sorta meant to fight there, and if he threw you into a wall he would follow up with a stun that disabled the hud for a bit so you couldnt see attack direrections and stuff

ON A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW MUCH FUN WERE YOU HAVING IN COMPARISON TO YOUR OTHER GAMES?

Not at all, in the main 4v4 mode, it's basically Domination rules with three points on the map (A, B, and C respectively). Holding the points gives your team a temporary point buff to your team's overall score. The point is to get to 2000 points or something like that to put the enemy team into a "last life" state where if they die, they can't respawn.

If an enemy team holds a point that is giving them a boost over the max points to put your team into last life mode, you can take the point back to let your team continue respawning. If the enemy team gets into last life and they die, you win.

The ASSFAGGOTS comes into play specifically on point B. each side has generic shit soldiers fighting on it. These useless fucks die in one hit. HOWEVER, if you help them and push the enemy soldiers off the point, you cap it. The enemy can then try and push your soldiers back to remove the cap and try and push yours off to take it. It's very tug of war style, but it's ONLY for point B, not the other two.

In the fall my name was watermarked in 4 spots on the screen as well as over my character in game. It took way too fucking long to black out my name and everyone else's names for 30 seconds. I didn't want to take any chances.

forgot some other things, the real closed alpha is sometime in the 2 weeks, each character also had a female version and you could play as any character but had to 'buy' the alternate 3 to be able to level them up/customize them

Started off at a 4 because it seemed slow and simple and we got our asses kicked by bots repeatedly. ended at an 8 after learning the ins and outs of combat/my character.
my only problems were that it's way to easy to get thrown off of cliffs/pits and the orochi is probably OP (but I still played him like a faggot anyway)

If it can't even get close to tiny battles of 100 vs 100, it can't even get close to my wallet.

the watermarks were the same, I suck at video editing or else I wouldve posted some.

Yup, it's triple A Chivalry
That's the first red flag

you'll be delighted to know that it has the kinda card pack thing every game does these days

you can spend your steel (the earned currency) on the characters or these packs that had different items in them

Interesting. Did you get like an in game currency to unlock stuff? In the fall, the characters were just available, and you simply got a random customizable piece every time you leveled up. Ended up with a sick head piece that made the Warden's helmet gilded with a face and beard.

Aaaaaand there's my answer! Guess they'll take the Overwatch route for crates.

Can you buy in game currency as well?

it was a closed alpha so… no
not that I saw anyway

they had dailies you could do, one PvP and one AI that gave 250 steel each (a character was 500) and then week (?) long challenges that gave a bunch of character xp and some steel

see

honestly buying the packs felt worthless, I never saw a higher rarity tier and I bought 3 of the most expensive packs. each equipment has a level that you raise by sacrificing other equipment into it and the best thing I got out of the packs was something 1 level higher than something I already had (it only took like 4 pieces to level one up)

The equipment also had stats on them, each piece was stat specific (all blades had Attack and two other things on it) but the pieces that raised stats also had lower of the other two so it just seemed liked a way to specialize your character

The equipment also had stats on them, each piece was stat specific (all blades had Attack and two other things on it) but the pieces that raised stats also had lower of the other two so it just seemed liked a way to specialize your character

Now THIS I saw nothing about when I played. Hopefully it's balanced well instead of turning into a meta of dumping into one stat and nothing else.

most of them didn't seem to make a distance besides arm armor which had throw distance on it

throwing as in the double guard break thing

Oh when you break a guard and then grab and push the guy in a direction?

yeah

Striking someone in armor in real life doesn't make blood splurt out of them, user. The game already has plenty of ridiculously impossible blood splatter from sword strikes to steel plates as it is.

But the Vikings are leather-clad barbarians, they aren't even wearing cuir bouilli.