Post nice-looking arcade cabinets, regardless if they were good/bad games

Post nice-looking arcade cabinets, regardless if they were good/bad games.
I just loved this fucker, 6 players sounded like a blast, though I never gathered 5 other people to play with.

Other urls found in this thread:

recroommasters.com/Xtension_Sit_Down_Pro_Arcade_Machine_p/rm-xt-sd-pro.htm
atlasobscura.com/articles/the-alternate-universe-of-soviet-arcade-games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUT THE KID IS NOT MY SON

I liked how the screws popped out on the faceplate. Made it so you could rest quarters for the next play.
Only time I beat this as a kid was when some older guy carried me through.

I remember several birthday party places had this when I was a kid and usually it devolved into the following:

Aside from CarnEvil, was there any other cabinet who gave you infinite time to look for quarters if you keep pressing Start? I wish more arcades did that, such a simple feature that could've helped you. Can't remember how many times I lost a game of Metal Slug due to the owners not having change or being slow at giving me tokens.

First and second pics are the R360 cabinet for the Sega rail shooter G-LOC, it featured full rumble seat and controls and could rotate 360 degrees(!!) Third pic is for another flying game by Sega called Sega Strike Fighter, it uses 3 screens for great atmosphere. Fourth pic is the best one, it's Galaxy Force II Super Deluxe Edition. It features 335 degrees movement left and right, and tip forward and backwards at 15 degrees and headphone jacks for the ultimate experience.
SEGA owned the arcades baby.

Reminds me of this fuckhuge cabinet that rotated 360 and could also tilt upwards. It was a turret, and you were shooting down swarms of rockets, and the cabinet also vibrated Everytime you shot.

I miss Outrun

You know those deluxe F-Zero AX cabinets with the Blue Falcon cockpit with hydraulics and shit? That shit looked rad as fuck. You could even plug in your GC memory card to unlock content. I really want to try those Battletech pods but of the few in America, none are public and require you to schedule in advance to play.

It was amazingly fun. Back when it first came out arcades were still wildly popular and that machine was almost always full. Sorry you missed out, user.

That was truly a magical time to be alive.

Nigger that's from 2006, you can still play it.

fug those looks great

Thematic sports arcades were awesome. I liked Hydro Thunder was fun.

How young are you?

This is what the Climax arcade cabinet looks like. The fully enclosed one was for Afterburner 2 in the late 80's.

T-Mek

god damn some of these take me back. In the early 90's there was a pizza hut that had that first one in it. Such a fucking monstrosity…in a PIZZA HUT.

I was born in 86 and I have to say the 90's were just pretty fucking rad for gaming.

Wish I could find this game and cabinet to own…

I saw one of those at the movie theater last time I went. Cost a dollar to play, though, so I skipped it to play Galaxian.

step aside filthy american cabs

Dance Maniax kicks some serious ass. All of the old cabinets for the Konami music games looked awesome, too. Beatmania IIDX in pic related looked especially awesome even though the gameplay was boring since you didn't move or get much exercise.

Fuck yeah, Pump it Up.
My local arcade only has Fiesta 2, I want to try Prime so damn much

Bishi Bashi Machines are large, loud and can take a beating. Great fun.

So let's just get the winner out of the way here.

delete this

This reminds me it is about time to replace most of my capcom suicide batteries again. Thx OP

I've always wanted to own a Virtual On cabinet, at the very least.

I like fighter cabs that extend out. They take up an ass of space, but it's max comfy.

Also shoutouts to artic thunder for blasting cold air in your face.

and of course top skater

I work in an arcade and it just dawned on me this shitty cabinet is shaped like a phone, that's almost cool.

There were a few that I remember back in the day. Most notable was Alpine Racer. It looks a bit fruity by today's standards but in the mid-90s this was the pinnacle of cool.

and it was a good excuse to stare at a girl's ass while she played the game

There was also a surfing one that controlled more like Top Skater but the gameplay was a bit lackluster.

I don't remember a surfing game but I do remember aqua jet. but damn, with arcades the way they are now I can't imagine anyone willing to waste the money keeping these repaired.

It was called Soul Surfer. There was also Alpine Surfer that was sort of like Alpine Racer.

If the home console market crashes again sometime in the next few years then we will almost certainly see arcades come back to life in the West. It sure would be nice to get back to the "Have a really fucked up idea about anything in the world? MAKE IT AN ARCADE GAME!" attitude that we had back in the 80s and 90s.

ah, never heard of soul surfer, I'd definitely like to try it out one of these days

Aqua Jet just reminded me of another lean-controller game: Manx TT by Sega. Damn, the adrenaline rush from hanging onto the side of that crotch rocket while barely pulling through a hairpin turn was just unbelievable.

Cool cabinet design, but the game I was thinking of was actually Super Hang-On. You steered the bike by leaning to one side or the other, and it had a monitor mounted right on the handlebars. It was such an amazing game and a unique cab layout.

Holy shit they had these on the only arcade we had on town, they were awesome.

Fuck! I don't know why I said SUPER Hang-On. It was just called Hang-On. Anyway, for my stupidity, have a bonus cabinet.

Road Riot 4WD was another amazing driving game back during the second Golden Age of arcades. The roll bars really helped you get into the mood.

always find these with the boards having problems detecting jumps properly

Manx TTs always work for 30 years however

I'll bet a hundred bucks that no cabinet for Battletech Center opens and closes properly without replacing a shitload of parts in the current year.

I want

get on my level nycka

I remember seeing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 back when I was younger and still went to arcades occasionally. It was mainly to play games like Time Crisis 2, Gauntlet Legends, or some extreme sports games like NFL Blitz. But damn I remember the extended cabinet space of some of the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 machines looking so cool at the time.

Do you even future?

Stop you fucking cunts, I'd take them even if I don't have the space

I have seen the lewdest hand holding possible, and I found this shit too much.

Why not just sell them?

I'd rather look at Chris-Chan's assgina.

Of all the videogames they could have burned, why arcades?

This is some next level desolation I'm feeling right now.

Man i wish i had room for one of these fuckers…

That shit was so uncomfortable and awkward

lets change the mood of the thread a bit

This game was so much fucking fun to play with a friend.

Man I really want to do this, just create a pc with custom boot up for emulation and build a cabinet with neon lighting etc.

I bet he's only going to use it to play Donkey Kong and/or as decoration in his living room.
It's like a 3-part video of pure distilled cancer.

My dad used to build houses and still builds a lot of shit today. With his carpentry and my nerdy bullshit I bet we could whip one together as a father-son project one of these days. Maybe I'll do that next Christmas.

It's not like you couldn't just make it your own when building one. Ignore your autism and use it for educational purposes.

He's got enough fucking extra space in the thing.

Wait, he said that? I only skimmed the videos. He fucking said that, but couldn't be arsed to actually find an old wells-gardner despite clearly having the money for it? He couldn't even hit up a thrift store? He couldn't use a thrift store CRT for $5?He didn't even bother to use a good PC so he could run some kind of shader, they look pretty nice. No, he's just got a dumb curvature thing and called it a day.

Oh, and another thing, he's got the fucking monitor flush with the outside of the cabinet, not sunk back behind it with a nice covering, preferably with smoked glass/plexiglass in front.

I wonder if the faggot has ever even been in an arcade before.

New arcades use LCD shit all of the time, user. He's some hipster faggot, look at his shitty moustache. He never went to arcades as a kid.

What's wrong with Donkey Kong?

Yes, wells-gardner has moved to supplying LCD monitors as well now that they've stopped production of CRTs. The difference is that they're specifically designed for it.
At least, at LEAST he used a monitor from a line with pretty low input latency, though somehow I doubt that he even considered that when choosing it. Pretty much all of the important parts, the computer hardware and software, feel like an afterthought.

Yeah, it looked like he tried to grab shit on the cheap and got lucky. He's making the cabinet just to make a video, will probably turn around and sell the junker once he's done.

Honestly, the outside looks fine. If he just did the fucking guts right he'd have a really nice little rig.

If you aren't poor and you can afford a 4K screen to properly replicate a CRT, sure.

It looks nicer than what he did, certainly nice enough if you're dumb enough to refuse to use a proper CRT.

Or you could just not be retarded with your money and get a CRT monitor for much, much cheaper, if not free.

All it needed was Street Fighter and it would have been perfect.

7/10, still a pretty good barcade.

Fuck's sake, PPP used to be THE place here.

It was motion-controlled, not touch. The heavy gloves gave a serious workout if you could stay alive past the second opponent. Cabinet was rather unique, also.

At least it has a Neo-Geo.

Typo, sorry, meant to say tough.

But yeah, holy smokes it gave you a workout. I was able to make it to the penultimate boss, but I ran out of tokens.

Thoughts?

recroommasters.com/Xtension_Sit_Down_Pro_Arcade_Machine_p/rm-xt-sd-pro.htm

Sexy as fuck
I might make this

My local arcade has some crazy shit like a MvC2 cab and a SvC chaos plus a sit-down dome-in house of the dead 2 cab.

none of them work, the lightguns fucking suck, the buttons on the fighters don't respond correctly, they just blow more money in the shitty bumper cars.

fuck them

I got excited when I saw this thing but Pac Man VS on gamecube was more fun

I beat it on a single credit a long time ago. Just recently I found out that there are two extra matches after the final boss if you hold down the L+R buttons. Might have to go back and replay it.

That doesn't look anything like a classic arcade cabinet. If you are going to spend some dosh and have something take up that much space in your home then it better look and play perfect. Instead of buying/building that thing you should just buy a new TV, set of stereo speakers, and a couple joysticks.

Pic related is something that would make a lot more sense if the point of having it is your love for arcade games.

Guys. I miss arcades. Can we talk about why they are almost nowhere anymore? Was it because of cheaper consoles? Or columbine? (I heard something about that) Or just the economics of it? I'd type a sad face if I didn't know I'd be bullied.

They were poorly run in the west combined with fewer options in terms of population centers, casual attitudes toward video games in the west, a negative stigma as "quarter munchers" perpetuated by western arcade game design, and a healthy dose of "it's bad for the children" fearmongering about drugs and gangs.

I remember seeing this cab as a kid but I never played it.

Loved both these machines at my local arcade

Absolutely boring, basic, small, shitty. Don't post that shit, it's pathetic.

Police 911 was the shit. I remember trying to beat that game and my legs being on fire.

No.

wasted

Eat a dick, Disney Quest was awe inspiring.

Sure thing, pal! They never had Addam's Family Shocker arcade machines, did they?

when I was little this machine seemed like it was actually going to electrocute me and my friends
legit spooky stuff

I am a volunteer at a vidya museum, talking about interesting cabs we have a Gauntlet Legends (like the first pic of ) and a Konami Fighting mania (see pic)
Other interesting cabs are a stand up Outrun cab in very good condition (but the board is glitched), Radikal Bikers (sadly broken, it's my favorite of them) a, Lethal Enforcers (not sure if it was checked already) and a Operation Wolf (aiming broken and board glitched)
Pics found on Google and sorry for blogposting

Street Fighter 3 is another example, there's a fake fireball and fake uppercut (per example) in SF3 that requires tapping the player start button. In American arcades, the other guy would watch you hit the player start button, and then he wouldn't get fooled. In Japan, he's on the other side of the machine, so you can easily fake him out.

- Consoles are more accessible and games will cost less in the end. Going to the arcade is expensive
- Cost of cabinets became too much for arcades
- shitty console to AC ports everywhere with no real incentive to play AC over CS versions
- arcade producers are becoming more greedy, have to pay subscription fees for most games now (eAmusement, Aime, etc)

It's still a relatively new joint, hopefully with time they'll acquire more machines or rotate ones out. They've got a Donkey Kong machine that's on the fritz, perhaps it will be swapped with something working.

Wait, did Disney Quest actually have a legit [email protected]/* */ cabinet?

Why would Columbine have anything to do with it when Doom wasn't an arcade game?

I'm trying to convince the owners of this new arcade in town to get more games that aren't Raw Thrills bullshit. The only game that isn't such is Pac-Man, and I'm not sure if it really counts since while the only changes to the gameplay are fruits acting like they do in Ms. Pac-Man and 2-player mode isn't turn-based, there still is a Raw Thrills logo tainting its marquee.

I'd assume all video games were under criticism during columbine. Even Sonic the fucking hedgehog was seen as a bad influence back then and vidya kept a bit of a bad rep up until the wii

Video games have been "under criticism" since Space Invaders nearly drained Japan of 100 Yen coins. Hell, every other year there was some kind of "video games are satan incarnate" story.

Night Trap got everyone up in a tizzy over the violence towards women, Mortal Kombat over graphic violence, Everquest being more addictive than crack cocaine, Thrill Kill being cancelled, the list goes on. Columbine was just another entry on the list, notable only because even the shooters quipped prior to the shooting how it would be exactly like Doom. Otherwise, it wasn't much different from the myriad of school shootings that have happened before or since.

Wished I could play Ocean Explorer again, or whatever that harm was made where you shot sea beasts and animals.

Are you talking about Ocean Hunter?

This game was the best thing after a sweaty session of DDR. Cold air blowing in your face was a very nice effect.

I'm glad this thread is still up.

FUCK YES

The Lost World was pretty good for a sit-in rail-shooter. It's still fun even today and lots of places have kept them around.

Hologram Time Traveler was crazy when it first came out and there was nothing else like it. Kind of felt like it actually had miniature people living inside the machine.

I always hated the sword game, I don't know why. It actually worked decently well and did its job, but I just didn't like it

I wish I could have good memories of arcades but all I remember was how shitty the food is, how loud and annoying people were, and how absolutely gross everything was. Oh and all the 'Out of Order' signs.

There were really only two times when arcades were stocked full of new machines that worked most of the time and didn't have a 3-inch deep Cheetos crust in the gaps around the controls.

1979-1983
This era followed soon after Pong hit the bars and pool halls. Atari and Namco ruled the day. Machines started popping up everywhere and you could literally just throw a few of them into an old garage and easily expect to make a few thousand dollars profit for little to no work. Then the machines eventually started having major breakdowns after a few years of wear and graphics technology didn't allow for much more innovation beyond a certain point.

1988-1993
Several quantum leaps in memory and processor design allowed for shaded graphics that provided depth along with realistic sound, including CD-quality music and voice. Sega, Capcom, and Midway filled the huge gap that Atari left when they faded into obscurity. Once gain machines were all mostly in pristine condition and people would form lines 20 ranks deep sometimes just for a single match of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Once again, there was a plateauing of the computer technology and arcades began to stall in the mid-90s due to advances in the console market.

There was one last tiny breath of life for most arcades at the end of the 90s and early aughts. Motion controls had not yet been possible for home consoles and foot controllers like in Time Crisis offered some truly revolutionary gameplay (pic related is the newest model). Music games also became a huge hit for a few years at this time.

Finally, after Guitar Hero and Rock Band came to the living room and the Wii made motion controls, and everyday kind of thing, there was nothing left for the arcade to innovate. It is kind of sad that all those years of glory were ended by comparatively pathetic console hardware, but such is fate.

So I've posted this before a while ago, but I'm assuming you lot are a different bunch of anons: Is there any interest in an Arcade that has free play tournaments on Fridays? I'd be a filthy casual and make my own cabs for a lot of games though, especially since MAME can now be used in commercial endeavors.

As far as pinball goes this is a fairly unique table. It has a retro design including mechanical scoreboard and zero 3rd wave feminism.

Raspberry Pi may be ran by a bunch of faggots (though they're now bought out by a Arizona Based Tech company, cool guys) but the Rasp-pi 3 is pretty fucking good.

I bought 3, 1 I'm using as a portable console and it plays PS1 flawlessly

bought 2 more just for an arcade project.

In terms of ease of use and a frontend already existing with all the cores you need (Retropie) it's a steal for 30 buck-a-roos

PURE FUCKING RAGE

Two Player Pinball

I'd go for that, I usually hit up my local arcades for tournies, but they run around $10 or so. As a compromise if you enter the tourney you get free gameplay for everything else, so that's something

Pretty much every pinball table is flashy and unique. It's basically a physical attract mode, and it's why pinball parlours can be such magical places.

Curious, went to Dave & Busters a few days ago. Had some fun arcades (I don't mean old arcade games) like an action jet (rollercoaster track mechanics) simulator, racing, and rifle games. In America, there aren't any places in the current year to go play arcades, or is there? I'm thinking of game centers in Japan where they have hundreds of cool unique games.

No market in America right? Just gambling? Working at D&B would have been interesting.. would have considered if it was close by years ago. Anyone got related stories to tell?

I saw that, but passed it by because it was like 2$ in D&B credits for 1 play, and with more people that'd be a sink hole. It did look really new and cool though.

Only stories about going to Vegas or Macau with retarded friends.

Always loved this.

I work at D&B, and their model is why arcades are dead. Most of the money comes from Redemption games, I happen to be in an area with a ton of asians so we get a shitload of fun bucks from DDR and Pump it up. Otherwise its a mishmash of older games like daytona/rush and time crisis/house of the dead.

Went to D&B as an overdue birthday gift from my sister. The machines there were composed of new arcade games and older ones. It was fun to see some House of the Dead games there. Would of been nice if they had the first one but the last place I went to that had that was the college I attended (said machine along with a few other arcade games were removed because they eventually stopped working). At this point, finding old arcade games that haven't had their joysticks, buttons, and lightguns not fucked up by kids requires a trip to Vegas or at least being lucky to find a working machine.

I always wanted to play this 4-player shooting game but never could find a machine.

you missed out, great game

First video game I ever laid eyes on….and played.

mah nigga.

even if Force isn't the best game in the series, the clean white chairs look pretty nice.

SEGA port to PC pls

Arcades in the 80's and early 90's actually were full of drug dealers, pedophiles, and under aged rentboys. Just like any other place where teenage boys could freely congregate without supervision.

Shit I remember this one, it was shame that the place I used to go had this and Ninja Baseball Batman, I almost cried when I saw that the place now is a casino

Why do overhead bars make the game seem so much more intense?

My local arcade had one. After they took it off i rarely went there again.

Went to Vegas as part of family vacations a few times when I was younger, the Luxor had a pretty fucking good arcade though it kinda got worse with each repeat visit as I assume things broke down and got replaced by just less interesting games. They always had the original Virtual On which was what I played the most of, they had a giant Heavy Gear thing with like a headset with triggers in it that you had to stand under and it could turn 360 degrees, they had one of those diving shooter games someone posted earlier in the thread and one of the lightgun katana things which didn't work so well. I think they also had a Crimson Skies machine one time but it didn't work. It wasn't a huge arcade but it had plenty of cool less-popular games instead of just tons of driving and fighting games.

There was also I think a Gameworks in Vegas which was much bigger but had mostly the usual driving and fighting stuff. They also had a branch in Seattle I saw many years later which had the second Virtual On game but I only got to play it once.

This game was soo good, you could play third person or first person (weird for arcades) and it had a coop campaing
I could only find that cabinet once, i also can´t find any good pictures but there are gameplay videos on YT

Heres some gameplay, excuse the yt video

IT'S GONE FOREVER
I remember playing this as a munchkin with my sister on one gun me on the other and my dad driving

When I was a kid you were lucky if you could get a spot on the Xmen Arcade machine at Chuck E. Cheeses.

reminds me of the /k/ gore threads where you would have antique guns get trashed

Oh, not just antiques.

the best arcade cabinet is your waifu

Can we be cool, too? Look, my comrade is so cool he has ice all over him.

We are not boring, like those lame gopniks, over there. Or, gay, like that dome shaped yellow guy.

Images from here: atlasobscura.com/articles/the-alternate-universe-of-soviet-arcade-games

i had a miniature one of those basketball things as a kid now i want one

Those are the ugliest arcade machines I've ever seen, comrade.

I guess you have not seen a Polyplay from the so-called GDR, then. That's what you get when you force German engineers to work in a Soviet economy.

WHHHYYYYYYYY!!?!?!?!?!?!