Holla Forums btfo

Holla Forums btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/disney-lays-down-the-law-for-theaters-on-star-wars-the-last-jedi-1509528603
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Der Erwige Normie

Disney is invincible and will never be stopped

The soyboys were always going to flock this cesspool the first weekend anyways, Disney will be BTFO come next week and beyond

Probably has to do to the fact Disney made the theaters give more to Disney than any other movies

LOL

only a cumskin cares about that

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I literally typed that all up btw

that's not what Box Office means

wsj.com/articles/disney-lays-down-the-law-for-theaters-on-star-wars-the-last-jedi-1509528603
> Before exhibitors can begin screening “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” this December, they must first commit to a set of top-secret terms that numerous theater owners say are the most onerous they have ever seen. Disney will receive about 65% of ticket revenue from the film, a new high for a Hollywood studio. Disney is also requiring theaters to show the movie in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks.
> Ignoring the terms carries an unusual penalty. If a theater violates any condition of the distribution agreement, Disney can take an additional 5% cut, bringing the studio’s total haul to 70% of sales on a movie likely to gross more than $500 million at the domestic box office.

In particular this clause, they knew going in they had a flop on their hands, so they plotted to deceive the theater chains by tying up their most lucrative auditorium for four weeks; once the theaters realize they have a flop and no sells, their only way out is to pay the mouse an extra 5% extortion fee to play something else.

still made less than TFA's opening week.

Plebs will never learn. Even if they realize something is awful, they will suppress that thought to maintain the safe illusion that the media they waste their time on is fine.

I thought most of us agreed months ago that it would be successful but might not reach a million. It was going to damage the brand and cause a turning point, but the one destined for flopping was the Solo movie.

*Billion, I'm retarded.

I want to see how long it stays at number one. That shows how it will fair overall.

TFA had all the hype in the world and broke the record for opening weekend gross. TLJ doing $20 million less, becoming the 2nd highest weekend gross is hardly a failure.

It will reach a billion. Rouge One even managed to do that. I think if it doesn't reach $1.5 billion then it would be disappointing for disney.

Except this $220 million figure was an estimate come up with on friday before the shitstorm was all over social media, the official numbers don't usually come down til late monday, early tuesday.

$90 millions less, globally

Fans hated Episode I too and yet it was very successful, with strong legs in the box office for months.

People loved Ep1 on release the same way the liked TFA on release. It was after some time when all the hype died down that their opinion changed. AoTC did worse than TPM, but even ESB did worse than the original Star Wars, despite many people saying that ESB was the best.

It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be. Having said that, I would prefer the movie to focus more on Kylo from now on. Rey was shown to be an absolute nobody, but that makes the first movie a bit worse than it already is. Kylo lost to some chick with no force training and in this movie, Luke pulls an Obi Wan. I’m hoping Luke isn’t dead though. I really don’t want Rey to the new face of the Jedi, when Luke has more to give. We also never to go see what happened to the other apprentices and Snoke went down like a bitch. It was a pretty interesting way to die, but it was such a let-down for the big bad to go out that way. The only way to recover from it is to say that it was a clone body and “Snoke” is still out there. That name is still really dumb to say though.